Everyday Feminism

>Panel 1
>(Two thin, able-bodied white non-binary people pose fashionably. One is DFAB with a Ruby Rose look and the label “White Tomboy Chic” above them. The other is DMAB with some glam rock make-up and the label “The David Bowie” above.)
>Text: When we think of androgyny, specific images always come to mind.

>Panel 2
>Text: And those looks certainly are cool. But there are a lot of other great ways to be androgynous.
>White Tomboy Chic: Wait, what?
>The David Bowie: There are??

>Panel 3
>(A pear-shaped non-binary person and an hourglass-shaped non-binary person walk together holding hands.)
>Text: For instance, you can be androgynous and curvy.

>Panel 4
>(A fat DMAB non-binary person is proudly wearing a pink crop top that says “Crybaby” on it.)
>Text: Or androgynous and fat.

>Panel 5
>(A suave hijabi is wearing a tuxedo while holding a pink rose.)
>Text: Maybe you want your androgyny to be a big, grand statement.

>Panel 6
>(A wheelchair user with limited control of their arms looks off to the side. A friend with cerebral palsy who uses crutches sits nearby.)
>Text: Or if you need it to be a bit more subtle.
>Wheelchair User: Aaaaaand guardian’s gone. Let’s get those pins on.
>Crutch User: (Putting a pin that reads “they/them” on the underside of Wheelchair User’s jacket collar) I’m on it!

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/08/understanding-deafness-not-everyone-wants-to-be-fixed/278527/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Panel 7
>(A male-presenting non-binary person wears a skirt.)
>Text: You can be androgynous and femme.

>Panel 8
>(Panel is split into two sides, one that says “Girl Day” and one that says “Guy Day.”)
>Text: Even when stereotypes about race try to gender you in certain ways.
Panel 8a (Girl Day)
>(A thin Asian DFAB wears a pretty dress and some white guy swoons in the background.)
>White Guy: (heart eyes) How submissive!
>Asian DFAB: (To screen) I’m still non-binary…
>Panel 8b (Guy Day)
>(Asian DFAB is now wearing attire traditionally associated with masculinity and is suplexing the terrified white guy.)
>Asian DFAB: (To screen) …both days!

>Panel 9
>(A butch transfeminine non-binary person leans on a motorcycle drinking from a mug that says “Cis Tears.”)
>Text: You can be trans and androgynous.

>Panel 10
>(A transmasculine non-binary person who isn’t on testosterone is wearing a drag queen outfit and waiting backstage with a bunch of DMAB drag queens at a drag show)
>Text: Even if you’re not on hormone therapy.
>On-Stage Announcer: And now our next performer: Miss Gendered!

>Panel 11
>(All the non-binary people from the previous panels – including the first two – are chilling together.)
>Text: There are so many awesome ways to be androgynous.
>Text: The only limit is your imagination.

>panel 6
The hell? Are people in wheelchairs really not allowed to choose what they wear?

>posts a comic
>act like it doesn't belong on Sup Forums

Are you only pretending to be retarded?

But none of those people are wrong.
Especially the self-image one. That's why I'm trying to lose weight.

>Ironically posted on Sup Forums
>Doesn't mention how shit /aco/ is because of Sup Forums

>What If We Thought Of Gender Like Ice Cream? It Makes Sense, Here’s Why

>1/4

>What If We Thought Of Gender Like Ice Cream? It Makes Sense, Here’s Why

>2/4

>3/4

>4/4

>that last panel

Ho...lee...sheeeeeeeeeeeeit!

>my identity is valid because I say it is and you are literally oppressing me by disagreeing.

look, im okay if faggots want to pretend their mental diseases are valid genders, more power to them, sure.
But fat people ARE a problem. DIABETES is a massive problem worldwide. Government subsidies diabetes treatment in many countries. NO ONE wants to fuck the fatty, and most probably said fatty wants a THIN person to like his/her fatness. Fat people work SLOWER, and certainly you cant put them to work on heavy or delicate jobs that wont include sitting all day.
Its not a matter of media telling us what to do, society itself needs active people who wont feel like dying for using the stairs once a day. Fuck you whoever did that cartoon.

>gender isn't a preference, it's your identity!
>here's a bunch of them, you gotta figure out which one you actually are

gen·der
noun: gender; plural noun: genders
1. the state of being male or female

I hate how many arguments are based on creating new definitions for words, then yelling about how everyone who uses the already established meanings are wrong.

>I'm non-fat smokers and we all think you're cunts who need to take more of the blame for health issues.

>(A suave hijabi
people who make that shit aren mentally ill.

>12+ Ways Job Applications Discriminate Against Applicants

>1/6

>being non white is the same as being disabled. Literally

>2/6

>you have to be able to do your job
>this is discriminatory

Stuff like this makes me wish for the apocalypse.

>3/6

Except not being able to meet basic physical requirements for a job is a perfectly valid reason for not accepting someone for a job. Why would you even apply for a job consisting of manual labor if you can't perform it. It's like a blind person applying to be a bus driver. How can a person not understand that some jobs have basic physical requirements?

>4/6

>here's a physical job, obviously that's discriminating against the disabled!
Why are people trying to apply for jobs they are incapable of doing?
>asking you to have a car, obviously that means you can't be late even once!
I didn't own a car for years, got to work on time, maybe people should stop leaving themselves a two minute buffer to arrive on time?
>They want their salespeople to be good at their jobs and not depress customers, how dare they?!
The hell is this, "List of excuses I tried in my Discrimination Lawsuit that the judge threw out"?

>5/6

I don't really give a shit what some random person wants to draw to make themselves feel better

That said, they're confusing androgyny (the combination of masculine and feminine traits) with gender dysphoria.

A boy with soft features, large lips and eyelashes, and a short pointed chin is androgynous. A girl with a strong chin and sharp features and facial hair is androgynous. That's nothing to do with being "nonbinary(?)"

>6/6

No no no you're looking at the wrong thing
Read carefully the SECOND to last panel
>gender is not a flavor of the week
He literally just compared it to "new flavors"

If you are incapable of interacting with people in a professional setting or are mentally or physically disabled enough to be unable to perform a job, then you shouldn't do that job. You shouldn't even be applying for those sorts of jobs. While the whole bit about transportation is somewhat true, the main reason that they want you to have reliable transportation is so that they can know that you'll be at work on time consistently. If I ran a restaurant or factory and didn't have a guarantee that my employees would be there on time for their shifts, how the fuck could I even get anything done for the customers?

>Let’s Unpack the Damage of Being Labeled High- or Low-Functioning

>1/2

I like how they're pointing out certain aspects of how American life fucks the poor and disabled and then blames it on the mcdonalds trying to hire teenagers instead of the lack of social safety nets.

>who wants to dance
More like who wants to get stoned
I trust that the Arabs aren't subverted so easily as us (ignore the Saudis they don't count KILL AL-SAUD)

I'll say this, as dumb as this is, a lot of the points on here are true.

2/2

Doesn't it get tiring looking for shit to pretend to be outraged about?

>What Smiling in Public Means When You’re Targeted by Street Harassment

>1/1

Soooo they sort of admit that all this myriad genders thing is just an identity and self image choosing and building thing, similarly to how some kids used to define and present themselves as "goth" a while back?

I know what you're going for, but I have literally bought all my weed from arabs.

>It's okay not to like the flawed medical treatment of the west
>UNLESS IT'S ABOUT VACCINES

>only people with the energy to apply will!
Yes, you need to put effort into getting a job when you don't have one.
>name is a big issue!
How the FUCK are they supposed to report your taxes then?
>I've never been homeless, or bothered doing my research, or I would know many organizations and churches let homeless people use their address for this and mail reasons
Fucking armchair idiots.
>experience counts in your favor!
Someone just turned 18 folks!
>I put all this shit on my resume, they rejected me for being overqualified!
Apparently putting less on your resume is a lifehack only known to rich white people?
>fast food and resturant jobs designed as entry level work for teenagers isn't a good way to make a full time paycheck or living
It's not supposed to be.

This is getting dumber by the page.

That's the problem with it. It has some valid points, but others that are completely stupid and illogical.

>How You Can Tell Anti-Trans Bathroom Bills Aren’t About ‘Safety’ At All
>(Content Warning: Sexual assault, rape culture)

>1/2

most people i know only ever eat chocolate or vanilla and think other flavors are wierd

I sure do wonder where all these non-binary snowflakes go after college, because that's the only place I see them.

The job requirement one stuck out in my head.

I knew I had something for this.

>2/2

>Sued for the rape of-
If it actually happened he'd be in jail
>mandatory ultrasound
You know what isn't mandatory
Killing babies
I used to be a communist and these idiots turned me into a Nazi
And I'm not even white I'm Puerto Rican

>>Panel 7
>>(A male-presenting non-binary person wears a skirt.)
>>Text: You can be androgynous and femme.
that's not male presenting anything
also not a skirt

I'm so glad I'm cis, white, straight, male, and American. It's so simple and clean. I know my place in the world, and I can function without thinking about what new gender is being made or what problematic thing I need to feel bad about today.

this one doesn't seem objectionable at all, you'd have to be a /stormfag/ to even-
ahh.

>Try This New Year’s Resolution: Be Nice to Yourself for a Change
>Content Warning: ableist language

>1/6

>2/6

>calling that freak "David Bowie"
>dragging David Bowie into this in the first place

well but these are good points though. Especially if you work in a customer service job sometimes people don't understand that you're required to smile at people, it's not flirting

>3/6

do a flip, faggots

>4/6

>"dragging" David Bowie, the man who is literally known for gender fluidity and came out of the closet in 19 fucking 72, into a discussion on gender fluidity
I want you to understand that what I'm about to say has nothing to do with my or your opinions on this comic or its author:

You're a fucking moron.

>5/6

>people answer job applications for fucking mcdonalds or 7-11 with nothing but the truth

There is the first problem. Job applications for low level work are just paper requirements, as long as you can come to work, you will do fine.

>6/6

Take it from this skeleton user, work on getting fit instead. Losing weight and ending up thin won't make you happy. Work on developing your muscles. If you are heavyweight, it means you are halfway there.

He was just bi. You think Ziggy would start spouting this schizophrenic nonsense instead of releasing another hit album?

wow this one actually hits home kind of hard. among my friends im that guy

How do these relate to women's rights in any shape or form.

Literally around the world right now, there are women being sold as slaves, forced to marry, and not allowed to be educated. And these first world special snowflakes are literally touching the most irrelevant topics to feminism like fucking retardism. This isn't even about feminism to SJW anymore. It's about finding the most obscure minorities they can find and pandering them.

The guy that has to celebrate doing basic, normal shit like a mentally challenged kid because he has nothing else and can't do anything right?

I could not agree more with that image.

This makes actual sense, nobody regardless of gender should be forced to smile in public if they don't want to.
And trust me, I go through that shit whenever I'm out some times.

>described sexually assaulting a married woman on tape
Fucked up, does this artist think that it only matters if she has a husband? As if she's someone's property? Thought these were feminist comics.

Bowie was experimental or bi at most. Later interviews show a lot of it was made up for the persona of Ziggy.

and even worse, by doing that, they undermine whatever real issues and points they might have.

>How do these relate to women's rights in any shape or form.
something something intersectionality

>And these first world special snowflakes are literally touching the most irrelevant topics to feminism like fucking retardism.
Liberals seem to think all other countries outside America are just bigger Californias.

You forgot to bring up that human and sex trafficking still is a problem in the US

>10 Examples of Media Misrepresentation – And the Real Life Consequences

>1/1

You don't know very much about David Bowie do you?

>Nancy, don't look now, but that truck is totally smiling at you

I mean I think it's a good tactic for people who don't have any self esteem or confidence. Overblown self deprecation is lame and communicates to other people they can't rely in you.

It's a cultural thing.
Fake smiles are garbage, that's why I like slavs who don't feel the need to put one on.

Androgyny means that you possess both male and female identifying characteristics in such a manner as to make you immediately unidentifiable as either. It isn't a fucking mantle that you can choose to drape over your shoulders whenever it feels convenient for you, holy shit.

I take it this is the personality-wise version of those comics where the author pretends he or she is more attractive than in real life.

>the cochlear implant panels
fucking die, cunts

>panel 7
I'm confused. Why wouldn't she want to hear?

fuck you too, comrade user

I met more openly conservative people than liberals in Cali though. I lived there for 4 years.

Beause "she" would have one less disability to brag about.

oh, you did not have the pleasure encountering the militant deaf people? how I envy your innocence...

>militant deaf people
Wait, what?

>actually a blood clot
AND JUST HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THINK THAT GOT THERE

>The Harsh Cycle Shutting Trans Actors Out of Movies and TV

>Why aren’t there more transgender actors in movies and on TV?

>It has a lot to do with the fact that they aren’t being given opportunities – even transgender characters are often portrayed by cisgender actors who identify with the gender they were assigned at birth.

>And you might have heard the excuses for this pattern, called cis-washing. Some people say cisgender actors just happen to be landing these roles because they’re more experienced.

>But these people aren’t recognizing the endless cycle that’s keeping trans actors from getting more experience. This comic really puts in perspective the invisibility of trans actors.

If anyone hates themselves because of how they look and are embarrassed from it and can help it but dont do anything, they're retarded

>militant deaf people
Are they luddites or something?

Yeah...that shit is for real.

They even keep their children deaf when they could get surgery to hear.

Because being deaf is some sort if ethnicity to them.

theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/08/understanding-deafness-not-everyone-wants-to-be-fixed/278527/

>Why Being Asexual Doesn’t Mean I’m ‘Broken’

>(Content Warning: cognitively ableist language)

>1/1

Wouldn't a luddite dismiss such disability that would render a person useless in the wild? Or is there a major animal out there that can survive without hearing?

Building a little muscle is a good way to burn some fat but it should absolutley not be your focus. Muscles are not fitness. Fitness is being able to jog for 5 minutes without having a heart attack. Cardio should always be your #1 concern. 15 mins of weight training and 45 mins of hardcore cardio 3 times a week with 30 minute walks (slowly escilate to jogs when you're fit enough) on your off days will have you looking and feeling better in no time flat. You don't even need to significantly alter your diet (trust me, you'll need the energy). Hard work and guts, that's the ticket to being happy with who you see in the mirror.