/tfg/ - Transformers General: Best Boy Edition

Lost Light 15: drive.google.com/file/d/1MkH4BlAoT3mfOHyxjKz2p4gS_F_44Mcw/view

Optimus Prime Annual: drive.google.com/file/d/1pemfsWmuIeq5R8cuALKPJcsmGHiX89o0/view

Question of the day: If you had to show a non TF fan one issue of IDW Transformers in an attempt to get them into it which issue would you show and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iVAC0xV8gZM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>general

Last Stand or Spotlight: Kup would be my go-tos. Haven't thought about it for a year or two so maybe there's other recs that I've overlooked

>admiral

Thanks for the thread, was down because a lady didn't respond and I'm panicking sadly
Time for comics

Hmmmm either the first of MTMTE or LSOTW

>Commodore

dead general dead franchise

>That baby thing

*pours one out for the DJD*

Feb 28 — Optimus Prime #16, Optimus Prime Annual 2018, Lost Light #15 and Transformers vs. Visionaries #3 are released by IDW Publishing.

Reminds me of Death Stranding.

Managed to convince two with that purple page from Megatron's "Toward's Peace".

Alternately, Chaos Theory Issue 1.

TARN TOY WHEN

Oh hey Acid Storm is still alive.

So finally confirmed TC getting shot in the face was the last time he saw Skywarp.

Thundercracker no

Thats enough internet for today...

I’ve had luck with both LSOTW and MTMTE. If you want to recommend it to a friend, you have to go with what you think they’ll like best. If your friend responds better to light hearted or edgy shit, it’s best to go with what you think will work best, not necessarily what got you hooked or what you personally like best.

Willing to go 3P for it?

>TC and Marissa spend afternoons taking and hanging out together.
>Marissa lives in Trypticon.
Just fuck already.

THUNDERCRACKER YES

Holy shit, Flamewar out of Rodimus is genius

There's even a toy that looks kinda like it! I want more Black Rodimuses with regular flame colours

I hate Lost Light so much what the fuck Roberts.

But user think about... Future sex times with cybertronians

>reproduction
He finally did it the absolute madman

Both issues were bittersweet, but we know Grimlock and Starscream will turn out okay, but as a narrative, still. It was nice

>A threnody is a wailing ode, song, hymn or poem of mourning composed or performed as a memorial to a dead person.
>Threnody is presumably a deadly soldier to have once led the elite Autobot strike force the Wreckers.
Next issue: Threnody
What did he meant by this

No. It's fine in fanfiction but not fine for canon.

Here I'm thinking he was going to go with the budding yet he takes it a step further.

>Organic with a spark

So we're getting Sari

I think I'm finally sick of how human roberts has to make what should be giant alien robotic lifeforms

IMO TC comes off more human right now.

No, this is more like Megatron in the Savage/Noble body. Sari was just a robot with meat panels like regular BW characters.

youtube.com/watch?v=iVAC0xV8gZM

IT'S HAPPENING

he at least has the excuse that hes been living among humans for year while watching tv 24/7 and talking to only humans

Anyone else beginning to suspect JRo has a robot sex fetish?

>It's fine in fanfiction but not fine for canon.
Hey at least it isn't some super Mary Sue everyone wants to kidnap.

>Tries re-engineering a Nebulos into a cybertronian.
>Nope. Failed.
>Tries Headmaster technology
>Nuhuh. Failed too.
>Fuck it. Start from scratch and make egg babies.

Dirge just wants to be a good boy!!!

So Scoponock's grand plan is to have his hybrid bio-cybertronians breed and produce more and then eventually transfer all their sparks back to mechanical bodies...but how does he know that the offspring of the first generation will actually have sparks? Or be viable at all? They might be like mules where they're a viable animal but they're sterile and can't produce more.

This whole plot is bullshit even for a JR story, Thundercracker could write better at this point.

He has a robot mpreg fetish. See: Eugensis.

>robot sex fetish
>Implying we all don't

>Rodimus body
So are they implying Flamewar is trans? Come to think of it is she confirmed to be from Caminus or Cybertron?

Sorry but the whole budding/mpreg thing isn't new.

>she
>Grimlock as the parent
Slash confirmed.

Shit. That never crossed my mind.

Is it Verity?

>Seaspray gets named dropped after 8+ years
>Does not actually appear on panel
At least Beachcomber showed up. But is he still being mind controlled?!

There's like barely any hots pots to produce more sparks besides the one on Lunar 1 or the ones that got trampled down. He's just finding another way to mass-produce sparks via reproduction.

No. but god damn this will lead to all sorts of imaginations with Verity and Springer.

>but how does he know that the offspring of the first generation will actually have sparks? Or be viable at all?
It's all an experiment.

But thats just it: just because your flesh cybertronians can breed and reproduce doesnt mean the babies will have sparks, they'll most likely just be fleshies with no sparks, I dont think you can have sex and have it make a spark.

Wait. So Is spark splicing real or he's just not in the know? Also I still feel like Tarantulas probably made a Chimeracon in reverse with Verify to cure her cancer.

Spark splicing was the myth the senate told everyone to cover up the bleeding the matrix for sparks thing.

We don't know the science behind Scorponok. Like I said before, it's all an experiment. It might work, it might not. They can live for millions of years so time isn't a big issue.

He doesn't know about the spark splicing BS. Which might mean his experiment will fail.

Yeah, I guess if they could actually do it, then they wouldn't have stolen sparks out of the Matrix. In a way it would be kinda funny if it's possible, but only with a Matrix born spark.

Either that or.....

Kinda clashes with the whole Dinobot thing they have going on.

Ooh. Think they'll bring back spark crystals from the old BW toys?

but that user posted a dinosaur

If they do then they need to change it up.

I really hope not.

Yeah but it's feathery and molting.

>Yeah but it's feathery
so?

can we not do this please

But..... themes.

Grimlock would look bitchin with some feathers.

He did.
Do what?

Come to think of it why DIDN'T they use Grimlock in BW? Did it follow G1 too closely and he wasn't made yet?

this looks like one hot mess, I love it

Didn't this page literally had an easter egg in it?

Why do you care if it did?

True. I was just thinking along the lines of "organic dinobot".

So Starscream doesn't protest this when he ends up watching it right?

Because I thought it was a funny find the first time around.

I don't know if TC changed it again in the end. Either way Starscream didn't care anymore.

He puts out a hit on Thundercracker and Buster.

Was that really Screamer or was that scene suppose to be misleading? It doesn't make sense to send out someone to kill him after the events of TAAO and saying he didn't care about the movie anymore.

>starscream
>having any sort of negative depiction of himself released if he could stop it
buddy it was pretty fucking obvious, it wasn't meant to be misleading in the slightest

the damage has already been done
everyone thinks Screamer had a thing for Megatron

>everyone thinks Screamer had a thing for Megatron
To be fair Starscream didn't deny he had a thing for Megsy either. I can hear two distinct sides of tumblr shitting their pants for different reasons in unison over this issue already.

The whole point of the hit was so no one would see the movie, Thundercracker hadn't released it yet.

I enjoyed both issues today.

There are 4 issues today. LL #15, OP annual, OP #16, and Vs. Visionaries #3

Damn, nothing good then.

I didn't realize OP#16 was also out today.

I'm hoping this is what's gonna happen but I fear it won't since Roberts doesn't like using new characters that aren't his own.

See Rook.

Man I'm still sad about Rook. What a waste.

Todays issue of Optimus Prime was fucking great. That being said, i'm pretty sure Soundwave is possessed right now. Also it gave us the cutest Bee that's ever been drawn in IDW's history.

why isn't there a Google Drive for OP #16 then?

I'm genuinely confused about the last 3 pages. Am I just stupid?

I agree on the Bee though.

I think it went like this.
>Soundwave bursts in all angry and probably probed with some Liege Maximo mind tricks
>Everyone starts talking all at once
>Soundwave has a sensory overload and unleashes a sonic boom of fury/autism that blows up the entire room which kills Alpha Trion
>Before Alpha Trion dies, he reveals that Onyx is the Prime of lies
>Onyx paints Soundwave as an anarchist who just killed a Prime.
The last part raises a lot of questions though? Does that mean a prime can be killed by people who aren't primes? Does that mean Soundwave has the makings of a prime? We're just gonna hope those questions are answered.

That annual was good or at least I liked it.

annuals tend to always be the best.

Okay, I thought so but I was unsure. Thank you for clearing that up. Also, yes. Kei Zama is fucking amazing.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around why he was being so impulsive. I really hope that was just Liege Maximo mind tricks and not Soundwave throwing a literal tantrum.

Maybe someone'll storytime it

If nobody storytimes it by 6 PM, i'll be willing to do so.

ok cool.

>literally just a human baby with a Decepticon face tat
>couldn't even make a robot