Stop liking The Lion King

Stop liking The Lion King.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_4LhiX8ha0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No.

And what, pray tell, is wrong with The Lion King?

Alligators don't have big lips I suppose

Doug's issue is that Simba never won because he learned to let go and accept the past
He won because Scar whispered the truth into his ear and how he was the one actually responsible

>bad things about the lion king
-Ferris Bueller as Simba
-Mr. Bean as Zazu
That's about it.

I don't understand how one man has so many opinions about everything so vehemently to the point where so many people have opinions of his opinions.

Like what you like and dont get mad if someone else doesnt

You should have posted Confused Matthew™.

Bad writing. rewatch with brain firmly turned on.

Kill yourself, hipster.

Joke's on you, I never did

WHERE'S THE MONEY,DOUG?

Doug From the Internet here, and I have opinions about Tigersharks!

Make me.

>Bad writing. rewatch with brain firmly turned on.

I mean, that’s kind of a valid criticism, maybe? but there are so many good redeeming aspects of the movie, I don’t see why that one detail needs to ruin the whole thing for anybody.

You're so shallow that even the majestic tiger shark couldn't swim through you.

That's a good point, but not nearly enough to make the movie bad.

I am indifferent of lion king myself. Was surprised it is well praised everywhere.

It was just fucking privileged Caucasian lions. As if Simba was entitled to rule everything

I dont like any disney films from that era, including lion king. I hope thats enough for ya doug

Merely discussing the "hidden gem" of Rankin-Bass' superhero cartoon trilogy, per se.

>Not liking Rowan Atkinson
You must leave

Why'd you break to grill Doig

yeah Lion King is meh, Scar's song is pretty great though
Hunchback of Notre Dame is top-tier if you want some hard lessons though.

I fucking hate The Lion King. An hour into the song and and they're STILL singing.

There's more singing than dialog!

And don't get me started with the new cartoon were the kid has magical growling and talks to his ancestors by looking at the clouds...

He said he doesn't hate the movie
He just found it overrated and that one issue bugged him even when he was a kid.
He also thinks all the songs are shit aside from Be Prepared.
He hated the girls who kept singing Hakuna Matata at school

>He also thinks all the songs are shit aside from Be Prepared.

Well that’s just a shit opinion right there.

The movie itself might be overrated but the songs in general are far from bad.

>hyenas are mexican, black, and ooga booga
>hyenas are considered ill for society and aren't allowed to live in the pride lands
>scar, the only dark lion, is EVIL
>scar overthrows the monarch and lets the hyenas in
>pride rock deteriorates because of the immigration
>simba comes and overthrows the darky, deports the hyenas, and secures the borders

The movie is subliminal conservative brainwashing and perhaps a prediction of today. Also, the words "sex" and "jew" are subliminally presented in the movie.

This, but also this

Except Scar only ever got Simba to leave over a lie. Simba overcame scars lies and knew he was telling the truth this time and wanted him to admit it. He did best Scar at his own game. Scar survived the fall, Simba likely would have too, so what happens if Scar just let Simba fall without whispering anything? Simba just wins with brute muscle just like his dad. That was Mufasa's and Simbas weakness. Scar relied on his cunning and his lies and Simba became clever enough to use those against Scar. He's straight up wrong.

Doug isn't asking to stop liking the Lion King, though.

Timon and Pumbaa was kino (not the last season though)

meanwhile modern Disney is like complete opposite of that:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_4LhiX8ha0

funny you could say same criticism about Frozen, these two movies have alot of common: both were supposed to be B movies failures, instead they became flagship Disney properties because of one song.

>were supposed to be B movies failures, instead they became flagship Disney properties because of one song
Frozen had unbelievable levels of hype before release.

Letting go of the past was when he agreed to come back to pride rock in the first place.