With the success of black panther do you think we will get more cartoons with black leads?

with the success of black panther do you think we will get more cartoons with black leads?

feel like with the current climate plus the way company's tries to follow success i wouldn't be shocked if we saw shows that push "diversity" even further

Fuck you.
Let's talk about Filmore!, a show where it wasn't relevant if the character is black or not, because it's just a good show in its own right.

>no fillmore in high school

But I guess that would get to close to actual crime

This show is honestly the most criminally underrated thing ever made by Disney

It really is.
Filmore! was amazing, had great atmosphere, was a perfect parody of crime dramas, and had really unique execution.

>the console wars episode

The show really captures what life was like back in the early 2000's.

The lead time for cartoons is too long to really take advantage. And the bias for having exactly ONE designated "black" show at any given time is a very strong one. There's also probably not enough black talent to populate any more shows than exist now.

I would expect at least ONE attempt to ride the coattails though. Anything look promisng?

There is Craig of the Creek

it is super relevant that one of main character was black in Fillmore!

Because Fillmore is a parody of detective movies -- and among them blaxploitation detective movies.

Hence the bald black stern looking kid in cool glasses

Do we get Class of 3000 back too?

I hope so. Anything to make Sup Forumsco/ angry.

But user Andre 3000 was found dead this morning from overdose.

you know what I actually don't get the hate it's getting i found it actually really cute.

only is i had with the show was his nose

kys

I was like 11 or so when it was airing, and all of the 80s cop drama jokes slipped right by me. If I catch a rerun of it now it's great.

Cartoons, wasted on the young

>with the success of black panther
how did it do in the box office anyways?
I could look it up but I don't know what a high figure is

>do you think we will get more cartoons with black leads?

Black Panthers success is due to how well Disney marketed the "this is for the blacks". You will get more of that of that in the future of course.

I have no respect for anyone who identifies as a member of the black community but I would still like to think this won't fool them forever.

i dont know if that was what they were going for

it alright, but it aint no fillmore

To answer your question, I hope so but I don’t think it will lead to a huge difference, honestly. A lot of new shows come from pitches and a lot of creators are hesitant (even if they want to have more black characters) in having black characters as their MC, whether it’s because they don’t envision their show with a black lead (subconsciously or consciously) or since the often white liberal creators feel like they don’t have the authority to write a black character.

It might actually involve either more black creators pitching shows or studios consciously making the effort to add more black MCs to make any noticeable change.

>with the success of black panther do you think we will get more cartoons with black leads?
Probably not, though it's clear blacks will continue to get more lead.

>I have no respect for anyone who identifies as a member of the black community
Wait. Feel like this got lost in translation (from my side) are you actually referring to like crocked gangster or like actual black community because i'm pretty sure that the majority of black people.
feel like a setup for a Sup Forums

>fool them forever.
wait how is it fooling them?
it's not like they thought the money from the film went to Africa.
and it's not like it's pandering just because they are making it focused on african or african american stories?

Not the same user, but I frown at everybody who proudly identifies as a member of any community and succumbs to tribe mentality, especially if you had little choice in the matter.
"Black Community", "Gay community", especially, but no less than "Proud Americans" (ones who don't care about politics, vote only as their state always does and do little more for the country than wear the flag on their Speedo), both deeply religious people and fedora-tier atheists who throw rocks at anybody disagreeing with their authority figure, basically anybody who cheers for their local sports teams, etc.
Anybody who is willing to put their inclusion is some sect ahead of reason, or act a certain way only because "that's how we do things".
This includes Sup Forums users who violently react to tumblr file names or reddit links without checking the contents, by the way.

Filmore is becoming one of those overrated underrated cartoons here

This

We kinda do that, don't we?
Is a show is p.good, but completely overlooked, we instantly claim it's the right testicle of god.

In reality Filmore is good but it’s about a B+, Sup Forums wants to make it out as better than that

Heck they had a episode about insane Vampire novel fans before it became a thing.

This. Stop race baiting OP
Now the theme song is stuck in my head

Most shit on television is D/C level garbage with occasional episodes getting up to a B and very rarely a A level in being a classic episode.

Filmore! was consistently B with some even A grade episodes.

Not perfect but better than most stuff they churn out for children.

I mean I guess but there's a lot of people that don't behave that way, people who relies on their community as a support system.

while I also have some negative views on that matter to overrule it as a tribelist mentality feels like a huge understatement of something much more complex.

It really is. This desperately needs a rerelease of some kind. I'd happily take a Blu-ray and/or DVD collection.

That's a good example, but not as action-packed as what's on topic. Still better than what Sup Forums's whining has portrayed it as (so far).

Did you wander in from Facebook somehow? This seems like the kind of joke a boomer uncle would make.

I find a lot of support in my family, and in my group of friends. But I don't tattoo my mom's maiden name on my forehead, nor do I carry around a rainbow flag with "Dave's gang!" On it.
It's good to be a part of a group. Most of the time, nobody needs to know that you are a part of a group, unless they are also a part of that group.
And shaping your entire ideology just around Being Part of Group is straight up foolish.

stop making it sound like that's what it's all about

the extremst is not the only example dofus.

Ingrid was hot

Finally, someone with some sense