How the fuck is this absolute shitshow of an attraction still around?

How the fuck is this absolute shitshow of an attraction still around?
>Every single time a kid cries
>Every single time someone is in pain from the seat "stingers"
>Literally was only thrown together to tie in with A Bugs Life since they didn't actually know what to put in the theater

It's been destined to be replaced ever since it's opening, yet somehow it stays year after year after year. What the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/im6ypRoCiLg
slashfilm.com/indiana-jones-land-animal-kingdom-rumor/
youtu.be/HT0v7zzsN7Y?t=116
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My mom always makes fun of me for hating this ride when I was a kid. Given your reminders it doesn't sound justified.

I've seen worse.

1: It costs a lot of money to change anything and It's Tough to be a Bug is more than just a movie; there are animatronic characters who'd have to be replaced and that costs a fortune.

2: It's Animal Kingdom; nobody gives a shit about anything in that park. Pandora is already embarrassingly dated, based on a movie almost 10 years old that nobody remembers, and that part of the park is brand new.

I was on this as a kid. It's just a stage show, right? I don't remember it being offensively bad or anything

>>Literally was only thrown together to tie in with A Bugs Life since they didn't actually know what to put in the theater

Actually, the plan was a Lion King show, but then Eisner went "Bugs live in trees, so we should put a tie-in for our new bug movie in there"

I still refuse to go on it and have to get shit from it from my family every single time.

I have lifelong arachnophobia. I don't know why they keep thinking I'm suddenly going to be okay with giant spiders being dropped down onto my head

Was actually tempted to drag a friend who knew nothing about Animal Kingdom and the parks with an extreme fear of bugs onto it as a prank. I hated the ride when I was a kid so it's kinda ironic.

The entire theater and attraction could easily be remoddeled into a different show. Hell, they could probably repurpose the animatronics too.

To be fair, that is gone now.
Not every ride can be an E ticket, you need shit rides or shows with a fairly high capacity, little to no height limit, and AC to hold people.

The problem isn't that it's not an eticket. The problem is that it's traumatizing toward children and uncomfortable for everyone. It has no reason to still be functioning when it causes this much negative attention

>Pandora is already embarrassingly dated, based on a movie almost 10 years old that nobody remembers, and that part of the park is brand new.

The Pandora boat ride thing was bullshit; can't believe I waited 2 hours for it. You float around a horseshoe and there are a couple of projected videos of Pandorans and CG animals. It's about as up to date as The Land in EPCOT.

Literally that bit from the jim gaffigan disney routine

>at the disney exec meeting
>"how about a bumper car goes into a dark room and there's a picture of winnie the pooh. people will wait for an hour in line for that right?"

>2: It's Animal Kingdom; nobody gives a shit about anything in that park. Pandora is already embarrassingly dated, based on a movie almost 10 years old that nobody remembers, and that part of the park is brand new.

Dinosaur is still a popular ride in Animal Kingdom and I guarantee most people going on it have no clue it's based off a movie. It's an awesome ride, though, but too bad it breaks down non-stop. You wait in line for over an hour but you never have more than a 50% chance of getting to ride it.

Reminder that current rumors are that the entire dinosaur section of the park is being replaced by fucking Indiana Jones

It's not based on a ride. Countdown to Extinction was just a generic dinosaur ride. It wasn't until after the movie was released that they decided to plop a statue in front of the attraction and change the name.

Stitch’s Great Escape is also traumatizing and uncomfortable. They pulled my dad and brother off when we were kids, because he was shrieking bloody murder the entire time. But it’s another high capacity shit ride that they’re only just now mulling over properly canning.
Like I agree with you, but to execs, the fact that it’s a ten minute people eater outweighs the complaints. It’s just not worth the effort for a refurb until maybe the next time Animal Kingdom gets a major expansion which won’t be until like 2025 to 2030 probably. We still have to finish up Studios, start Epcot’s expansion, and get ready for MK’s 50th.

The stitch ride amazes me. They tore appart the best Disney ride of all time to pander to children, yet they still managed to make it horrifying because of it's cramped space and claustrophobic shoulder bars.

>Reminder that current rumors are that the entire dinosaur section of the park is being replaced by fucking Indiana Jones

Well, I wouldn't mind losing that shitty carnival area that makes up most of the dinosaur section of the park, but I hope the Dinosaur ride stays intact. They might replace it with the Indy ride from Anaheim since it uses a lot of the same technology, but that'd be a shame. Plus, since it uses the same tech, it'd break down just as much as Dinosaur does and be a lateral move at best.

Story?

Amazing. They are managing to add a land that has even less to do with animals than Avatar did! Incredible!

BRA-FUCKING-VO MISTER IGER. HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS WASNT ENOUGH, SO NOW WE GET TO MOVE ONTO PHASE TWO OF ANALLY RAPING EVERY SINGLE DISNEY PARKS THEMING!

WHILE YOU ARE AT IT, PLEASE, PLEASE, REPLACE SPACESHIP EARTH WITH A WRECK IT RALPH ATTRACTION. PERMANENTLY CEMENT YOURSELF AS THE ABSOLUTE WORSE PARK MANAGER DISNEY EVER HAD.

BRING HIM BBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

There won't be any room for Indiana Jones in Hollywood Studios anymore after half of it is revamped into Star Wars land. The Indy stuff has to go SOMEWHERE. I'm surprised they didn't revamp Expedition Everest into "Indiana Jones and the Yeti Adventure" or something.

Who is this fire-crotch?

Animal Kingdom has been rebranding away from strictly animals, to an overall theme of conservation and environmentalism, for awhile now. Pandora, technically, fits those themes. I suppose, in a roundabout way, you could stretch Indy saving relics to like conservation of culture? Also Anthropology and Archeaology go hand in hand and retheming the Bone Yard would be so easy.

God, I both love and hate marketing bullshittery.

Homer Simpson, sir.

One of your groin rashes from Sector 7-G

I kinda wish EPCOT would follow this train of thought. Forget about being "the educational park" and actually try to make that place FUN. Half of the park is sitting in mothballs since they closed Ellen's Energy Adventure (holy shit, that was bad) and there's a whole pavilion that's been close for almost a decade and they haven't developed the space. The Honey I Shrunk the Kids/Captain EO theater is now just a place for people to sit and watch reruns of Disney/Pixar shorts because they don't have anything real to put in there. The biggest upgrades they've had in years was Saorin' 2, but that was just a new film and a few new scents pumped in, not a big upgrade.

World Showcase is still awesome and all the food and drinking is the best part of EPCOT, but there isn't shit for kids to do there.

>Indy stuff has to go SOMEWHERE
bullshit. Disney world went decades with just the stunt show. Animal Kingdom shouldn't be punished just because Bob wants to scratch his Indie itch and doesn't have room in the bloated-ass Hollywood Studios.

>I'm surprised they didn't revamp expedition Everest into Indiana Jones and the Yeti Adventure
That actually sounds infinitely better. At least that is a simple change and can maintain the original rides tone and feeling. All you would need to do is throw an Indy animatronic into the room with the Yeti and you are as good as gold. Meanwhile replacing dinoland would require an entire Countdown to Extinction facelift and the area around it to match.

Animal Kingdom was created with 3 things in mind. Real life animals, prehistoric animals, and fantasy animals. Fantasy already got shafted for Pandora, and now the dinosaurs are getting canned for Indiana Jones. Im in shock at this misshandling of properties. It's almost offensive.

>He didn't hear

Epcot is getting an overhaul as soon as Hollywood Studios is done. Guardians of the Galaxy ride in future world, a Ratatouille ride in the France pavilion, and a rumored Mary Poppins ride in the UK pavilion

>ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter gets repurposed into a shitty attraction, but this shit still gets to stay up and scare children

ITS NOT FAIR

This shit horrified me as a kid.

All that sounds awesome., though maybe less with the World Showcase and more with Future World since it has so much unused space right now.

Regarding the revamps in the World Showcase rides, I liked how they added the Three Caballeros to the Mexico ride. Turning the Maelstrom into the Frozen ride was pretty lame, though, but I wasn't surprised they did it.

Now if only they'd update those horribly dated Circlevision 3D movies in China, France and (especially) Canada. Then again, the updates to the footage would probably be very depressing, given the current state of those countries.

You mean I'll get to ride Julie Andrews?

youtu.be/im6ypRoCiLg

>6:50
Oh yeah. Those are not screams of joy. That is pure terror.

Who the hell thought this was okay for kids? Did somebody get the idea in their head that kids like giant spiders dangling infront of them?

While I'm at it, fuck Shrek and Harry Potter at Universal for doing the exact same thing. Arachnophobia is one of the most common fears in the world. It would be like if splash mountain came to a random stop in the middle of the ride, and a murderous clown comes in and threatens to hurt you. Nobody is going to be pleased by this.

Former WDW cast member, AMA

Source?

slashfilm.com/indiana-jones-land-animal-kingdom-rumor/

Its just a rumor, but so are 90 percent of Disney leaks that end up being true.

Where were you stationed? What's the best way to make friends while there? I'm starting in August and am pretty nervous.

>Former WDW cast member, AMA
What years were you a cast member and where were you stationed?

>"I hated the spider!"
yeah jesus christ, that would've traumatized the shit outta me if I saw it as a kid.

Rumors now are that Indy is being hot potatoed between Dinoland and Studios, as is a plan to use the Shanghai Pirates ride system in WDW somewhere. It's possible that a Dinoland update keeping it's theme is on the table as well.

The tie-in was always intentional. Movie footage was in the preshow on Day 1 and of course you had the same dinosaur species in both. All the rename did was remove all subtlety.

Summer 2017 College Program, Food & Beverage at Magic Kingdom (not going to go more specific than that). Have an offer to go back this summer, haven't decided if I will yet

Are you going for the college program? Because you'll guaranteed meet friends living in housing. There's a lot of orientation the first few days which actually helps a lot to meet people. Even on-the-job training is done in groups. Other than that you'll get to know people just by working alongside them, even if there are a lot of CM's at your location you'll end up working with the same people a lot

>Food and beverage at magic kingdom
Oh really? Are you a culinary major?
Yea, college program for culinary. When I get there in august I'm going to be doing the Epcot food and wine festival.
Roughly what was your work load like? I'm definitely looking forward to it but kinda worried I'm going to be in over my head working in a professional kitchen like that.

Now that Disney owns the Alien property, I want the original vision of the alien encounter

Controversial question, but what is the nationality ratio with employees?

Basically what I want to know is how many black employees there are.

I thought I heard that the dinosaur animatronics from the Universe of Energy are just going to be added to Dinoland USA last time I checked.

No, I was front of house. Food and wine should be fun though! I know a couple who worked it last year.
It's a lot of work, don't get me wrong. I usually had around 50h/week, it can range anywhere from 30 to 60 but for culinary I would expect to be on the higher end of the scale. A standard workday was 10 hours for me. You don't get tired though. For me at least the atmosphere of being there kept me going, and I still spent all day at the parks on my days off.

It's very diverse. A lot of the college program participants are international, they have to be able to speak English but not necessarily their first language. Also a LOT of Haitian immigrants at WDW, mostly in food & beverage, custodial, and housekeeping

>10 hours for me
So roughly 2 days off a week? That's not so bad.

I'm really looking forward to it. What dorm did you stay in? Are the vista way stories true?

Yeah all the CP's always got 2 days off a week. You get used to the routine.

I was at Vista. I think it's exaggerated a bit. You can find that kind of stuff if you're looking for it, but that's true of any college dorm. I never went to Happy Mondays or the party bus though (you'll find out what all those are when you get down there). Nevertheless, if you're a straight guy looking to get laid you have a good shot just because there aren't that many straight guys working there.

lol they actually gassed them

Best local places that give student discounts?

Simpson, eh?

>I'm surprised they didn't revamp Expedition Everest into "Indiana Jones and the Yeti Adventure" or something.

Too bad the Yeti has been disabled cause the mechanics involved to operate it would literally destroy the mountain structure after some time.

Did you or anyone else you knew there had sex in any part of Disney World?

I got a handjob on spaceship earth. A lot of guests try to hook up on the rides. Some of them get caught.

cast discounts? lots of places

That sucks. To be honest, I actually missed the Yeti the first time I rode because it was so dark and I wasn't looking up. Maybe I missed him the first time because he wasn't moving and didn't draw my attention away from directly in front of me.

>Some of them get caught
Is that imediate park ejection?

no it's immediate park ejaculation.

Holy shit I walked right fucking into that

Bump

I was there when I was 8, and I swear I got up and almost ran out of the theater after the Hornets.

>based on a movie almost 10 years old that nobody remembers
It's fucking nuts how thoroughly Avatar fell out of pop culture consciousness after being the biggest release in history for a while. You had people going through literal goddamn depressive episodes because Pandora wasn't a real place they could go to, and then suddenly everyone just stopped giving a shit about it.

Because Avatar as a movie is pretty generic and shitty. The reason it was so popular and made 2 billion sheckles is because it was the first blockbuster to use the new style of 3D technology. It was gimmick driven and had no actual substance. So there as little shelf life for it on home video and TV rebroadcasts because without that 3D gimmick people could see how lame it really was.

Can't wait for the sequels to bomb and Animal Kingdom is forced to restructure Pandora into the beastly kingdom we deserved from the start

>Watched "It's Touch to Be a Bug" as a kid
>Completely immersed and mesmerized by the 4D experience
>Return as an adult
>3D doesn't work with my eyes anymore
>Immersion ruined
Does anyone else have this problem?
Where 3D glasses don't look 3D?

I used to love it as a kid, but now, it does nothing for me. I don't understand.

Stich was too tame for me to enjoy compared to Alien Encounter.

Disney needs to make TomorrowLand into a full-on themepark at this point.

There are so many scifi IPs that they have access to at this point that they easily could have expanded rather than shoehorning Avatar and Star Wars into seperate studios and let's face it; TomorrowLand itself is due for a massive upgrade.

>inb4 Epcot
Epcot is EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION: The Theme Park. Don't put fucking Star Wars there, you twat.

Source on gif?

>Epcot is EDUCATIONAL TELEVISION

Not anymore. Older rides are getting replaced with new IP related rides that don't teach anyone anything.

The idea of each park having a concrete identity with integrity is being swept away for monetary gain.

The only ones that really did that were the loonies that still roam their Avatar forum to this day. It was like said, it became a thing because of 3D gimmicks and having little to no competition during prime movie going months. It wasn't out of it's own merit that it had a successful release but rather careful marketing and timing. The only people who actually like it are people who have the worst normie taste imaginable. Anyone who says it or the characters are deep or original really needs to be slapped.

>Can't wait for the sequels to bomb and Animal Kingdom is forced to restructure Pandora into the beastly kingdom we deserved from the start

We're at a point where Disney won't let them fail. I mean I hope they do, but they will try every trick in the book to keep it at least stable. That's part of the reason why they kept bumping the release dates for the sequels so they wouldn't have to compete with Star Wars and other blockbusters that would obviously do better than them.

Plus they're not going to just throw away millions of dollars and what is now the most visited ride(s) in animal kingdom just because the later films failed. That's like saying the animated movies with cheap DVD sequels that nobody saw will be removed. Or Splash Mountain getting removed even though the film is practically banned in the US.

This

It's gotta be from an Asterix and The Vikings movie adaptation, because I recognise that blonde kid from the Asterix comic I read as a kid, and they're obviously on a viking ship.

I remember going to that park, and when my family asked about this ride, they said something they do in the seats that mess with your ass. Is that true?

Current WDW Cast Member, AMA

You do know that Disney has nothing to do with distributing Avatar right? You are aware it is a Fox property, yes?

Yea. You get jabbed durring the part with the wasps and your seat jutters around and shit when the bugs leave at the end

Disney owns Fox, user.

Why do we do it?

Not yet, user

Fox is still it’s oen company, that’s why it’s green-lighting and developing pretty much love every single project that it can before the gov’t reviews everything and either approves or disapproves. And even if it is approved, it’ll be year or more before any real changes are seen.

so that we have the chance to be spat on by Brazilian kids

Foreigners ruin everything

How many vacations have you personally ruined.

None that I know of, and I've made countless vacations better

Nobody cares. And how is this Sup Forums?

>How is a bugs life Sup Forums?
Gee user, I dunno.

>You get jabbed durring the part with the wasps
Jabbed how? Where?

In the back. It's not painful or anything, but a rod comes out from your seat.

I remember crying and my parents handed me to a stranger who started to walk off with me.

How'd your new family work out?

Why the fuck would they not just give Dinoland a proper facelift and dump all the Indy stuff in Hollywood Studios WHERE THERE'S ALREADY INDY SHIT?

Not to mention, it turns Stitch into an antagonistic force.
It would have been so easy to say "you're all prisoners and Stitch is gonna help you escape", but instead the premise of the ride is literally "STITCH IS A DANGEROUS BAD GUY WHO IS GOING TO FUCK WITH YOU IN THE DARK. ENJOY, KIDDIES."

The idea is that Dinoland would be converted into South America and the Indy copypaste would be based on Tokyo's Temple of the Crystal Skull That Has Nothing to Do With Aliens ride.

The only way I would even be slightly okay with this stupid plan is if they go into an "Indiana Jones and the Lost World" direction like George originally wanted to do for a second movie instead of Temple of Doom.

>Implying they can't just expand into the parking lot behind the Stunt Spectacular, make the whole back part of the park Lucasfilm/Hensen themed with Indy on one side, Star Wars on the other, and Muppets in the middle, then expand the existing parking lot around and over behind the Tower of Terror/Fantasmic

Stunt Show and the parking lot behind it was even the original plan for where to put Galaxy's Edge, so that expansion pad plan is still pretty viable.

That's actually not true, the preshow had a regular dinosaur, not the character from that movie.

There's tons of stuff that as of yet is not confirmed for futureworld, but the part is going to end up VERY different

Video from when the park opened in 1998 says otherwise. It's always been Aladar in the preshow.

youtu.be/HT0v7zzsN7Y?t=116

The need for Dinosaur movie synergy is why we got Dinoland on opening day instead of Beastly Kingdom. They only had enough in the budget to build one of them. Camp Minnie Mickey was slapped together onto the BK site at the last minute because of capacity needs

They've shot a new "seamless" Circlevision film for China that should be debuting later in the year.