Villians who should kill the Joker

Forget Batman killing the Joker.

ITT post villians who have the means to kill the Joker, should realistically want the Joker dead, and yet inexplicably don’t do it.

Let’s start off with Lex Luthor. His mech suit lets him fight Superman, if he was serious he could tear Joker limb from limb. He has the money to hire Deathstroke, Deadshot or Bane. Or just put a bounty out there and allow a free-for-all. He could easily hire one of DC’s top hitmen to put a bullet in his head while he’s sleeping in his cell. He could pay off the guards to poison his food. When he was President, he could have had the Joker executed. He’d be seen as a public hero for doing it. He’s been personally tortured by Joker on several occasions.

Realistically, killing Joker should be well within Lex’s means and he has multiple reasons why killing Joker would benefit or satisfy him. Yet he never makes any real attempt and even teams up with him sometimes.

Hal Jordan or WW should kill the Joker.

Bane.

From the small handful of interactions between Joker and Bane, Bane seems to find Joker annoying at best, and disgusting at worst. Bane has killed people for far less than being a pest like Joker. For him, it should be like swatting a fly. It has the added benefit of getting under Batman’s skin.

It’s a miracle that someone, anyone, hasn’t hired Deathstroke to kill Joker. I don’t think Deathstroke would even charge that much for this job.

Deadshot, on the other hand, might even do it for free if someone just asked him to.

Forgot pic.

Most of Gotham's villains can realistically kill the Joker, and all of them would have a lot to gain from doing so.

Hell you could even do a story about Harvey Dent getting his face back, right, and Joker comes to him one day trying to get him back in the game and Dent ends up murdering him in a violent outburst because his split personality isn't entirely gone but manages to get off on a self-defense plea and runs for mayor, with popular opinion heavily favoring him because, you know, he killed the Joker.

Bane?

Has most of the police in his pocket, hired goons and enough money to fill a warehouse.

Lex actually has an out in that letting the Joker plague Gotham keeps Bruce occupied.

Did you miss the entire Crisis where Lex was on Joker's side and let Joker kill Alex

Ok, so this one is a little out there. Zod has no real reason to go after the Joker personally, he’s got nothing at stake here, this is more of a case of “why not.”

Zod doesn’t hate humans, he just sees them as inferior to kryptonians. If humans have to die for kryptonians to live, so be it. If Krypton was still around, Zod would have no desire to hurt humans.

The only time we’ve seen him completely lash out and slaughter innocents without reason was in the MOS movie when his life’s purpose has been taken from him and he was left with nothing. I don’t think Zod likes to see innocents suffer under normal circumstances, at worst he’s indifferent to the suffering of others. His grievance against Superman (and his family by extension) is personal.

Zod is all about order and discipline. The exact opposite of Joker. Zod seems somehwhat humorless too.

Joker has done nothing to Zod, but if Zod learned of the Joker’s antics, isn’t it possible that Zod might think “y’know what, fuck that guy,” and set aside the two seconds necessary to kill him?

Joker kills members of his own species without a second thought, he’s flamboyant and has no respect for anyone. I think it’s possible that Joker’s general demenoir and attitude might piss Zod off enough to crush him, even though they’ve never met. Zod doesn’t have a reason to kill him per se, but he’s got no reason not to, either. It would be almost zero inconvenience for him too. Same goes for Black Adam and Ultraman.

The Fan from the most recent "People vs the Justice League" story should definitely kill the Joker and other villains, if he's going after congresswomen and pundits who bad mouth the League.

Luther stops all the villains superman cant for good. Makes him look like a show boating faggot.

Amanda Waller could sent Suicide Squad after him. Fuck, is there any story like this?

Or maybe try to puppet Joker to form some elaborate scenario where Harley kills him, because Ivy thinks it'd be good for Harley.

Joker has also tortured Lex personally on at least two occasions I can think of. He also ridicules and antagonizes Lex any chance he gets. On one occasion he unleashed Jokerized villians across the globe, which as President, is very much Lex’s problem. If I remember correctly, he may have even infected Lex at one point too.

He’s also got dirt on Lex from their previous team ups. Sure, he helped Lex murder Alex Luthor, but do you think Lex wants the world knowing that?

Also, did you know that Lex as President once inexplicably hired Joker to unleash Doomsday on Washington? Lex was trading Doomsday to Darkseid as thanks for helping out in the Our Worlds at War event and needed to prove to Darkseid that Doomsday was still battle-ready. Lex has Joker release him on a rampage as a demonstration. Having that kind of dirt on the President is huge. It makes no sense whatsoever that Lex needed to hire the Joker of all people for that job. Surely any number of black ops dudes would have been more competent and more discreet. I have no idea why it had to be Joker aside from the “hey, look -it’s him,” factor from the audience.

Another stretch, it'd require Joker receiving a Yellow Ring due to being considered the scariest person on Earth (while Crane uses fear, he doesn't have much in terms of deeds), and then Sinestro kills him for insubordination. Could make a good fight if Joker uses his ring like that Nero guy

Who would be capable and willing to kill John Dee aka Doctor Destiny as Dee deserves death even more than Joker.

Killing isn't good enough. He needs to be raped.

would doctor light rape the joker?

Maybe Bueno Excellento could do this? He does fight crime with the powers of perversion after all.

Lex actually likes the Joker. He finds his personality compelling. No, it doesn't make any sense.

>Most of Gotham's villains can realistically kill the Joker, and all of them would have a lot to gain from doing so.

yeah but do you know how hard Batman would come down on them if they did that?!

That clown's butthole is so good he has Batman wrapped aroun his little finger.

It’s not that much of a stretch. Sinestro wants order, and he wants to achieve that through fear. He doesn’t appreciate the killing of random civilians, he’d be disgusted with the Joker. He’s also been known to enjoy proving his superiority over the heroes. Assuming he’s heard of Joker, why not take the time out to snuff him out? He’s the opposite of everything Sinestro stands for, he’s the opposite of everything Sinestro wants for a society. Like with Zod, Joker has done nothing against Sinestro personally, but it’s possible that Joker’s reputation alone could be enough to disgust Sinestro into killing him. Kinda like how if I could teleport myself into Westeros with a gun, Ramsey and Joffrey haven’t done anything to hurt me, but I still find them despicable enough that I’d go out of my way to hunt them down.

The Spectre?

Source? I’ve only ever known Lex to get frustrated and annoyed by the Joker.

There's really no indication that Batman would be disproportionately upset if anyone killed the Joker.

Ras should want Joker dead more than most people. Much like Bane, Zod, Sinestro etc. Ras is a villian whose philosophy directly opposes Joker’s. I’m pretty sure Joker pissed him off a few times over the years. Ras is one of the few people who has both the physical abilities to kill Joker personally, and the money to ensure that someone else kills him. It’s frankly ridiculous that Ras hasn’t either taken the time to do it himself (time is something Ras has an abundance of), or put out a hit on him. Ras would be disgusted and inconvenienced by Joker just as much as anyone on this list, but out of everyone mentioned so far, Ras has the time, muscle, motivation, money and resources to put the Joker in the ground permanently.

Way back in Morrison's JLA run, I think, in the WWIII final arc. Lex and Prometheus were talking about the previous version of the Injustice Gang and Prometheus asked how working with the Joker was.

>There's really no indication that Batman would be disproportionately upset if anyone killed the Joker.

We all know Dee's Destiny.

>killing Joker should be well within Lex’s means and he has multiple reasons why killing Joker would benefit or satisfy him.
What reasons?

Nigger, Lex and Joker are the world's finest pair of villains, no matter their ideological differences.

>Believing Joker trying to save his own skin

Then let the bat come, it won't be the first or the last time anyway. Joker has no point or argument.

I know just the man for the job

What's he gonna do, put them in Arkham extra hard?

I think Deadshot would if he was ever taken off the Squad, at least New 52 Floyd, since he had a thing with Harley

As mentioned, Joker has personally tortured Lex before. He frequently mocks and belittles Lex whenever they are in the same room. He’s interfered with Lex’s plans before. Plot armour aside, there is no reason why someone as powerful as Lex should let that shit slide.
In Salvation Run, when Lex was trying to get everyone off the planet, Joker had to be an asshole and undermine his authority, splitting the group in half and almost ruining everything. He unleashed Jokerized villians on the world and directly threatened Lex.

Lex was President, Joker was a terrorist.

Po Not to mention that Joker has dirt on Lex from their previous team-ups. Joker released Doomsday in Washington on Lex’s orders, the only sensible thing after that would be to put a bullet in Joker’s head.

On top of that, if Lex killed Joker he’d be publicly lauded as a hero while at the same time undermining the hero community. He’d love that.

That’s plenty of reason for Lex to want the Joker dead.

>Joker trying to save his own ass
>Batman would be interested in investigating the murder scene, sure. Doesn’t mean he actually cares that Joker is dead
>if Lex can make it look like self-defense, there will be no consequences

He probably already has at this point. He's already got Kyle Rayner, Lobo, and Constantine.

think of it like this:
How often does people stay dead in DC? especially "big names"?

You you really wanna be the guy that offed joker, only to have him be reborn with a hateboner on for you?

Luthor has done enough damage

yeah like Lex wouldn't hate-fuck Superman.

Lex tolerates Joker, he knows the value of a wild card. Despite their violent run ins he knows he can use Joker in the long run.

There was actually a movie that implied as such.
I'm not sure what's with writers and that angle.

I knew about Kyle Rayner, but I was unaware that he’d also raped Lobo and Constantine?

I'd go the other way with this. Joker invents a new kind of joker toxin that corrupts Ivy and she becomes the Joker's new girlfriend/henchwoman.

Harley goes insanely jealous that her waifu and husbando are cucking her and goes shit show trying to break them up/kill them.

To be fair, Constantine was pretty much asking for it when he fucked Bueno's wife. Pic related.

A semi-non-consensual threesome.

Only if Jim Gordon tells him to

THICC

Zod would probably be a good candidate.

I've often wondered the "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you" logic of batman Begins. Wouldn't Joker just be killed by death sentence a million times over, or just killed by other villains? Hell, someone with some influence could get someone from outside of Gotham to get him (I wonder if Lobo would accept the job).

>I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you" logic

It's nonsensical. Batman beat up R'as and left him in a situation that would be fatal. It was effectively murder, and no different from letting the Joker fall at the end of TDK.

>Gotham city has the most corrupt police force in the world
>Nobody ever just killed the Joker while he was in custody
>Joker has killed hundreds of victims, leaving thousands of survivors
>if they each put in a hundred bucks that'd probably be half a million plus to pay assassins

About to post this. Joker might be the arch enemy, but Bane and Ra's have always been on another level. Both could take down Joker.

>"Why did you kill the Joker, Bane?"
>"For you"

Should have been what suicide squad the movie was about.

>hey guys you know that iconic character that we made a billion dollars on?
>yeah let's kill him! won't that be fresh and new and...
>what?o-okay I'll clean out my desk
Guess how I know you don't work in media.

Actually, why hasn't the Suicide Squad tried to kill the Joker? He is definitively a threat to national security, and it's not like having Batman around has stopped them before. What's stopping Waller?

Criminally underrated.

Ra's would never face any sort of trial, not only because he's an unknown but because the League would break him out.
Joker had no such exemptions once he turned on the mob. The entire conceit of TDK was Bruce reflecting on how he'd made Gotham's police a joke, which they were, since Begins and the people were losing faith in a human face and law. So he goes through this whole song and dance to make Gordon and Harvey look like real heroes until it blows up in their face. Having it so Joker went to prison was part of that because by that point too much had been lost anyway and he was autopilot following Alfred's ambiguous advice to "endure".
Also I feel like people miss that there's an intentional irony at work in TDK, you don't have to like it but the contrast is plainly painted. Joker tells Batman he's going to make him break his one rule and we're left to think it means and end like the original Batman movie, except he catches him at the last moment. Then we learn Joker similarly subverted routine by gambling on more than just their fate. So Batman goes to try and stop Harvey and mirrors what happened with Joker when he accidentally kills him from a tackle.
There's the additional irony packed into the scene where Harvey thinks and asks why he's the only one who lost someone and Bruce is standing there so the whole fucking fiasco is supposed to be this heavy handed tragedy where the hero loses even when wins contrast to Begins where Bruce had lost his mansion, Gotham had nearly been destroyed by the League and all that but he still felt becoming Batman was a meaningful gain in the end given what he stopped.

Obviously as an audience member I didn't feel like Joker deserved to be saved, but looking from a story structure view I can see how if Batman let him die there'd be no mirroring with Two Face and there'd be no snide threat/meta commentary from Joker that he'd just keep tormenting Batman forever to make us feel the weight of Batman's actions.

I've been under the impression that there are a lot of other heroes villains that are legit afraid of Batman, hearing stories of how much more brutal he can be, and if they aren't, like Luthor, they definitely still don't want the added nuisance of another Justice League member having more time on their hands.

Batman's refusal to kill allows him to be "contained" by dealing with The Joker and the like, so they can tolerate him.

Holy shit, this would absolutely piss off Batman more than anything I could think of.

They "kind of" do that in Gotham City Sirens. Harley breaks into Arkham, to kill Joker, because she knew she couldn't be a better person with him still alive.

I loved BB, but that part never worked for me. He effectively murdered Ra's by leaving him in a situation that would kill him. It essentially makes Bruce saving Joker in the sequel make no sense.

That's always been a problem with the movies, they want to kill off villains to close "loose ends"; in a comic story Batman probably would've saved Ra's then break his legs or something and throw him in prison.

Ra's al Ghul, Black Mask, and the Penguin would hire the likes of Bane, Deadshot, or Deathstroke to kill the Joker. Additionally Amanda Waller, depending on her morality for the story, would send the Squad in to terminate him.

I was going to say Assault on Arkham, but realized the original target was Riddler.

I'd see Bane or Black Adam getting the ring before Joker.

Black Adam would be too conflicted between red and yellow, Bane would be similar, maybe a lean to orange for a greed for power, and Joker doesn't fit anywhere on the emotional spectrum

That fact that idiot normies actually like the psycho clown.

The Joker would probably pick an onion ring or a ring pop and just gas the lanterns just for shits and giggles.

i feel like any batman villain should have kill the joker alredy, he is anoying as hell,im surprise killer croc or freeze havent kill him alredy in a moment of rage

>"You were not strong enough to do the deed. This is my gift to you, Batman. An act of...mercy"

>implying batman wouldn't use the murder as an excuse to put luthor away.
>then theyr'e BOTH gone.

good luck making it stick. Batman is used to fighting people who cant afford world-class lawyers
And doesnt Luthor still have a fairly neutral/vaguely good reputation because of his businesses and philanthropic work?

This hypothetical always forgets that Joker is ridiculously good at not dying, even if Batman isn't involved. Dude practically has 'come back from certain death' as a superpower.

Those're both Joker stories that have happened. Gotham Central he took a shotgun to the chest and still somehow lived.

You won't get killed if you disobey him though, your ring will just abandon you and seek out a new host. It happened to Vril Dox during Blackest Night.

This is comic books we're talking about. Killing the Joker would just make things worse as he'd just come back undead/demonic.

it makes sense in a comic book sense that the Joker never really dies. It doesn't make sense in-universe that he isn't constantly under danger of murder.

I mean you might as well say "why haven't Batman's knees gone out yet?". And yes I know DKR did. Part of the buy in is that the Joker is a very clever criminal who lies, cheats, steals just well enough to avoid people just shiving him.

>WW should kill the Joker
five words have never made me so erect

Are we really going to pretend that Lex can out clever Batman? Just like how Joker specifically works as a Batman villain Lex works specifically as a Superman villain. Motherfucker ain't going to out spend Bruce and Lex doesn't have the insanity plea and he isn't going to out think him. His only option would be to just go full villain and wear his armor 24/7 because unlike Superman Batman has no trepidation's about just breaking into Lexcorp and beating him up Superman won't do that which is the only reason lex works as a villain(to Superman).

Someone DID hire Deathstroke to kill the Joker. Unsurprisingly, he escaped. The storyline also involved the Joker saving a young girl from an abusive father, but that's neither here nor there.

Brainiac would probably kill the Joker roughly three seconds after meeting him because he goes against pretty much everything ol' Brain believes in.

1. kill the joker
2. batman now has more free time

Batman having free time is a terrible thing.

Which Joker?

Presumably if you killed one the others would kill you for having the temerity to do it in the first place.

I want to know more

is that a knife that shoots poison darts?

Why didn’t he kill Deathstroke after this? Or at least teabag him or something?

>I don't actually read comics
The post.

Actually may be a good story especially now that there's several Jokers running around.