ITT: Wasted potential

ITT: Wasted potential
>MC spends 16 years in another dimension
>MC learns how to take down one of the most powerful entities in the universe
>MC spends so much time chasing after a pair of scissors, he forgets the reason he was there in the first place
>MC faces the moral dilemma of choosing between his life back home and the life he crafted for himself
>MC suddenly find himself back in his 14 year old body
>MC's home is now foreign to him, can't even remember his own password
>MC goes back to status quo by the next episode
>Plot point is only brought back up so that showrunners can kill off any remaining shreds of potential
Any other examples of shows abandoning interesting plot developments?

Other urls found in this thread:

arythusa.tumblr.com/post/167280411702/i-boarded-marco-and-jackies-date-in-sophomore
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The problem wasn't not focusing on the ramifications of that episode (the entire series would have to become Marco's PTSD), the problem was the writers thinking aging a character 16 years and then back was viable for a single episode's plot.

It's not done terribly but it maybe shouldn't have been done at all.

Would've been nice if they had one more episodes dedicated showing how much Marco's experience in Heckapoo's dimension affected him. Then, in the same episode, have Star do some mind-wipe spell thinking that it was for the greater good. Maybe that's a tad heavy for a kid's show, but it would have been pretty interesting.

It sounds more like a hook for a spinoff series

I'm still upset. Look at those dreamy eyes, for God's sake.

>filename
op, what do you know that we don't

Is this a Marcapoo thread now?

It may as well by now

If Marco Jr. isn't about Marco unknowingly having a child with Hekapoo, I'm going to be real upset.

I think Korra is worse for being Lore breaking than wasted potential

>ywn have a shorstack, magic demon qt craving after your mortal flesh.
Why even live,Sup Forums?

>>Plot point is only brought back up so that showrunners can kill off any remaining shreds of potential
I haven't watched any of the new episodes, how did they kill the plot point off? Erased memory?

Adult Marco is so fucking hot
Marco is both best boy and best girl

again this fucking crap?
I see this shit 24/7 man

Marco ruined the show tbqh

>MC
but he isn't

>Character spends an eintire lifetime living on his own, taking command of a space Pirate crew, learning about all new sorts of alien worlds and their technology, how to be a leader worth following, and coping with the prospect that he may never see his family again.
>none of this is evermentioned again, and he just goes back to being the creepy, pitiable need who’s so pathetic it stops being endearing but who isn’t even enough of an ass for you to enjoy misfortune against to him, so you just want him out of sight.

Hot Marco makes weird things happen in my groin

>If Marco Jr. isn't about Marco unknowingly having a child with Hekapoo, I'm going to be real upset.
Prepare to be upset, because in a past episode marco calls one of the laser puppies "Marco Jr".

How? He’s one of the most interesting and mysterious characters

>interesting
YES
>mysterious
NO, that space is only for Toffee

so has Sup Forums already turned against Star Vs?

what will be the next show that gets popular for like one season before becoming massively hated for being too popular?

markapoo is DEAD!!!!

>Marco
>not mysterious
But
>he can properly use the wand AND get Butterflies’ cheek marks that are unique to them
>has a demon arm hidden in him
>is bound to Star through blood moon
>sees himself in Toffee’s suit in his dream
>Toffee speaks to him as if he knew him before or knows his destiny
>represents Sun, a counterpart to stars and Moon
>might represent Mars, the god of war through some interpretations
>is strangely strong, even with non-demonic hand
There is definitely some mystery to him and his destiny

Reminder that all of Marco's superhuman feats are whenever he is enraged; he gets his power from anger.

they hung a lampshade on it

Can I get a nonReddit response?

It was never really a plot point since the rest of the season proceeds as normal for him.

The VA said later in an in-character Q&A that the memories of that time are more like a dream or memories from early childhood. The next season has Marco returning to that dimension and appearing in adult form, establishing he's an adult there with the same memories/abilities but a normal teen outside of it.

Sorry I was distracted by the Guy Love going on. What were you saying?

>star vs is a good show

Why is Sup Forums always wrong?

It’s not that good, has giant potential though. It’s still fun.

svtfoe is a good show, but Ludo is the only one to get character develment.

reminder

He is one of the only characters that makes the show interesting

The main problem was the writer thought it would be funny as a gag, and didn't think of it beyond that. People try to write the whole thing off as 'a dream' to him, but that's visibly bullshit even in the series. He's now effectively a 30+ year old man in a little boy's body, pining after a spastic tweenage girl.

You could make the argument though that even as an adult, Marco is still a giant fucking idiot man child that still acts just like he would as a teenager, so it changed basically nothing. Honestly, the whole thing just strikes me as being more Nefcy wish fulfillment for her self-fan fiction about how much better her husband is than everyone else. EVERYONE needs to want him. But he's still a loser spaz.

the level of dedication

There’s too much shipping in the show nowadays
Also Nefcy’s cuck fetish is really infuriating

dont remind me I had to literally tie my fucking autist of a roomate down to keep him from driving a billion miles to try to find Nefcy and burn her house down in his autistic fits of rage and his inability to separate himself from a fictional fucking character. I was also upset since I found jarco cute but hey its not like starco wasn't beaten into our heads with foreshadowing from the beginning, not matter how they try to red herring us its pretty set in stone

every day until you like it

soon

IF JANNA WINS...

Barely anybody on Sup Forums cares about Tomstar.

>star vs. pedos just can't stop making thread for this banned show on Sup Forums
back to /trash/ with you

>I had to literally tie my fucking autist of a roomate down
Why are people so invested in such an irrelevant character?

Janna probably won't win
TomStar will fail soon

Currently have caps and collages on TomStar failing, KelCo failing, StarCo continuing to fail, and StarCo winning
OTP is squid bro and spider bite waifu

When will mods send us into oblivion?

nuh-uh motherfucker we're getting new episodes starting this saturday

and it'll last until april 7 at least

hope you're fucking ready

There are new episodes starting Saturday

>there are people who ACTUALLY and GENUINELY believe that Starco won’t happen
How?

Tomstar is gonna be a tiny ass college as barely anyone cares about it. Kellco sinking is gonna be that one guy who spams it every thread probably going nuclear.

Marco really is an idiot.

Can you show me one for kellco failing pleeeeeeease? I wanna see at least one

Pls don’t bully the Bobby

you're still pedos
get some taste in waifus

A lot of people were talking about TomStar. Specifically rooting for it was much less, but still a significant amount of posts were about it. I can't wait for their tears. I had to watch JarCo suffer so others must suffer too

It won't be an independent KelCo failing collage. Rather, it'll probably be TomStar/KelCo both failing duo, assuming they happen the same week. I can only hope both crash and burn at the same time. More power to Nefcy if she does this the second to last week while hinting at StarCo, only to fucking burn that ship for the season

What If I want the Immortal Fire-woman?
also nice tastes

This pissed me off so much and I don't even hate Starco or anything.
I'm just fucking tired of seeing relationships in fiction being treated like, if they're not "perfect and ideal", then you better just be safe and torpedo the whole thing instead of making any effort to work through it.
And god forbid we have a main boy and girl duo be platonic friends without at least one of them wanting to jump the other's bones at any given time.

get out of our thread, incest fags

>not liking incest
shit taste.

I don't know man, I ask myself everyday why I still put of with his autism, but I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. also the fact that almost no one else in a good hundred mile radius shares event a fraction of the interest I have for cartoons as he does but I'm just better at hiding my power level.

incest is only ok when it's horizontal on the tree
siblings and cousins

fucking old people is gross even if it's your mom

>no Trump jokes
>no election episode

nefcy has been exploring racism through ligger love in the show. what more do you want?

lil marco

He WAS, until the third season when his character was shamelessly and thoroughly assassinated.

>MC
Marco is not the MC, Star is

Also, that episode is garbage and is only as big as it is because of waifufaggots

when I read this post without knowing what it was replying to, I was POSITIVE it was referring to Marco

This sounds an awful lot like Samurai Jack for some reason...

But that's the show as a whole tho
From time to time it goes up and is really impressive, only for the next 5minutes or the next episode to remind you of what the show is and will always be

This shit would've been great, but kids are interested in lol randumb spongebob and co rather than this

And came here to post this
There's also a bunch of AT episodes or arcs that should've/could've lasted far, far longer

So, then: is Star Vs a failed show? Should we view it as a disappointment, the way we view Steven Universe?

Kelco would have to exist before it could fail.

Hardly, it's just that so much of its community is comprised of butthurt shipping faggots.

O hey. I was in that thread.

I don't think so. I think most of SvtFoE's filler episodes are better than the townie episodes. Like Ponyhead's pretty annoying but I think she's about three times as annoying Steven, but in only about 1/5th the episodes than Steven is, so that like 40% less overall annoying.

The problem of Stephano Galactico is that it never fully explored the world it set up.

As we spent more time with the town that we ever did up in space or even the Gem Empire.

Star Vs however does explore the concepts it introduces. The only worry here is if the shipping overtakes the show ala Korra.

>Marco has probably banged qt titty monster Hekapoo
>still wants to get with Star

what the fuck is wrong with him

Even disregarding the plot hook, it's a narrative waste. That was a prime excuse to give Marco a power up so he had something to do other than be Star's cheerleader and ask questions for the viewers when things got dangerous or weird.

>banned show

what did he mean by this

Doesn't he already fight the monsters with her? What more did you want him to do, kung fu Toffee in half?

I want him to not need saving from a lint monster.

she deserved better
They made her way too kindfor such a throwaway character (I'm not a huge fan of her, but the way they wrote her out was really shitty)

the /aco/ one? if so Yeah, it is nice that HagFish was nice enough to pander to my relative request of get more Hekamom fluff

The entirety of Korra, really.

I'm disappointed that Marco didn't learn how to use portals in battle, that would've given him a way to contribute in battle with actual heavy hitters (as in not chumps like the S1 monsters or a bird and a spider) while still not overlapping with Star's powers. And also without the TV-Y7 rating being a limit on what can actually done with it, as would be the case if he started using a sword or any other lethal weapon.

i'd watch Interdimensional 'Nam PTSD Marco

I wish Marco was the main character
He is one of the best examples of a sidekick done right

Agreed; it's one of those situations where there's no good resolution. Either you ignore the consequences and the episode feels like a waste, or you don't and the whole show takes a sudden and shocking swerve in what it's about, or you try to split the difference and just get the worst of both!

Remember when this episode came out and everyone thought the screenshots of it were fake? It was a bad idea

I mean yeah, Marco loved 16 years in that dimension and went back to being the same kid
However those 16 years where spent being in a mad Max movie not growing up and becoming an adult in any way, he lived every teenagers fantasy, pretty much Kenny's acid trip with less tits I don't expect him to be any more mature

don't worry. soon, she'll be dating girls.

arythusa.tumblr.com/post/167280411702/i-boarded-marco-and-jackies-date-in-sophomore

I'm still not convinced we've seen the last of Jackie

And what people tend to forget is that when Marco was aged back down, his brain was physically altered to be that of a teenager again rather than an adult. The brain chemistry of a 14 year old is very different from a 30 year old.

i find something incredibly hot about this. i don't know what or why, but i do.

>MAGA
>on the literal flip charather
lol

we need more maga hat edits
this show is about liggers and how they cause problems

I want to step on Marco's head as I fuck him in the ass.