Well, it's absolute trash

Well, it's absolute trash.

It's not possible to parody Trump. He's already doing a parody of himself, so it just seems cringey when people try.

He exists in a different plain of irony than us normal folk. South Park doesn't understand this.

South Park has been crap for over a decade.

buddy. we won. chill.

they've been doing this for around 17 years. they dump on whatever's hot at the time. right now, president trump is *burning the fuck up*.

did you see that? i said PRESIDENT trump. it's real. it's happening. the dream came true.

i stayed up all day and night on november 7th/8th to make sure i got to my voting location 20 minutes early so i could vote for the first time in my life and i thought the episode was great. hell, i want them to do even more trump faces/gestures and dedicate the next 8 years of south park to president garrison going around bragging/threatening to molest people.

in short: let. it. go. we won. revel in it.

The only way to parody this trump story is to make him extra boring, competent, etc and then make the entire media, etc the csrtoonish parody. And could have gone nuts with all the crybaby liberals. Old south park would have but they were too biased and up their own asses this cycle

Knowing Trump, for the next four years all spotlights will be on him 24/7

How will they make jokes if actually does end up becoming a great president?

>le epic orange face trump meme XDDDD

Why

I was wondering what it was, this is it. Trump doesn't even take himself seriously, I'm convinced he's one of the most self aware people to ever make it this far in politics, every dumb thing he does I feel like there is a smarter person inside him just smirking and admiring the world in all its absurdity. Truly an 11 dimensional chess player.

I was thinking the same thing. They could have showed him as a cool headed competent business man while all the lefties run around trying to find flaws as it becomes increasingly obvious he's not a racist and is actually improving america for everybody.

>last season
Lol sjw get triggered so easy, hahaha pc guy is stupid
>this season
wtf they are making fun of trump, meanies, shit show :(

>How will they make jokes if actually does end up becoming a great president?

jesus christ, by all accounts, is a pretty great fella. even if you don't personally believe in his divinity, he still ends up sounding like a genuinely compassionate guy who cares about humanity because it's just his nature to do so.

with that said, they've been cracking jokes about jesus since season 1. don't worry. they'll find SOMETHING to joke about.

No, their entire season is fucked now because they were banking on hillary to win. They made no plans for a back 'if trump wins'

have you seen the last episodes? they were simply not funny.

Im not your buddy, guy!

See: News stated they quickly hashed together a new episode to parody trumps win.

this.
Now they've gone with the "memberberries are evil and want to take over the world" or some shit

It's clear they had a storyline planned with Hillary winning that may have been more coherent. Having to redo the script, switch Garrison and Hillary's places at the last minute throws it all off.

The South Park guys never really had much political insight, they just shat on everybody, so they definitely weren't expecting a Trump victory. If Trump's "low" chance of winning weren't so low, they probably would have put someone other than Garrison in the Trump position, like Trump himself.

If they went with Trump straight up, they probably would have a goofy ass but "just as planned" clever asshole dominating the humor this season.

Politics aside the show has gone to shit, no structure to the episodes any more, too relevant to current events that will be unfunny in 5 years, weird plots like the memberberries and they're being too careful not to offend and picking sides.

>Well, it's absolute trash.
it was one of the best this season, never become a critic

That's what they did with bush in the 9/11 episode
Trey and MATT use to understand these things

>2ndPost BestPost

South Park had it's day, and that was many many years ago. Generally around the very early 2000's.

IDK bro,

before Parker and Stone seemed like rational people just creating critique of society.

Theatre of the absurd if you will. Monty Python of today to be exact.

But then I realized I've been watching South Park Since 1997.

That's twenty fucking years, and all I can say about it today, being a 28 year old white male, is that this show is a fucking kike tool, making anything that seems "appropriate" for the ones that control creation of content.

People outside of the US like it because they mostly don't go that deep when it comes to social and political commotion in your country.
Meaning, that they really don't see how fucking biased Parker and Stone really are.

So many years passed, and Monty Python is still light years ahead of South Park.

Mind you, I'm only comparing these two shows for the sake of this post.

>8 episodes in
>I have no investment at all

They fucked this one up and real life was way more interesting. It's a shame too cause season 19 was wicked sick.

season 2 was the last great one

>they've been doing this for around 17 years. they dump on whatever's hot at the time. right now, president trump is *burning the fuck up*.
Nobody would mind if the jokes were any good.

KEK

Is that Parker's wife's son?

They shouldn't have been so lazy and had a backup plan then and to just think hillary had in on lock proves they are just a bunch of cucks who swallow whatever msm feeds them.

I thought South Park was reaching Sup Forums-tier levels of redpill with the last season against SJWs and political correctness but then they jumped on the anti-Trump bandwagon bluepill narrative and now it's obvious they don't have anything insightful to offer

Just end the season with Cartman waking up from a nightmare and pretend it never happened.

I miss when South Park was trying to offend as many they can. I feel they are playing safe as fuck.

>tfw newest game will have Denuvo
Fucking ubisoft

You are all taking a cartoon too seriously. You have degraded to the same level as /mlp/.

Congrats you are all as bad as horsefuckers.

>when they laugh with things i like, it stops being funny

uncuck yoself

Last season they insulted PC, which I hate, and it was a 2/10 season

there werent left wing death squads before

These last 10 seasons have been cringe.
They dont give a fuck anymore.

I agree. I haven't thought much about it, but I think one of the reasons I like Trump, is because of his self-awareness. He's like a real life, meme-spewing troll, who's just fucking with people to get what he wants, because he knows he can. And he does it without even trying to hide his big, dumb smile.
It's like he's playing a character, but unlike career politicians, he constantly breaks the fourth wall, making it obvious to everyone that he's in on the joke.

>implying the media isn't already at full blown parody status

2/10? More like 0/10. I fucking hated how all criticism of the show was dismissed by saying shit like "oh, you're just an sjw getting mad" or "you're not enjoying because you're not familiar with the sjw phenomenom". The show is very much lacking in imagination, story structure and funniness regardless of what they make fun of. It's vomit-inducing when people defend the SJW season because apparently the show is on their side, which is simply fucking retarded. Not a single memorable episode or even a moment within an episode has come up in the last decade or so. The show is pure trash and it's so sad because it used to be fucking great.

kek

I actually thought this episode was pretty funny, especially compared to the cringe-worthy abominations that were episodes 6 and 7.

Holy fuck we memed The Comedian into office.

>77

STOP

>Watching south park past season 10

yes

>Kobe

Laughing my cuckin ass off

>only the first few seasons of south park were good

exactly this
whoever enjoy this show now is not very bright

Can you even parody this election in a funny way? Real life was more amazing than anything fiction could come up wtih

is this season getting good ratings? anyone know??

i give it 4/6

liberals have the worst memes and them mocking trump is terrible, TYT has the worst with #LoserDonald etc. etc. Also this DRUMPF stuff makes no sense either since it's a legit german surname.

this right here.

Very meh episode. The member berries thing seems played out at this point

not personal ratings, like ratings that the network cares about.

Every episode is the same. Last season had individual stories each with an ark and only some beats carried over. It was great, now the entire season seems to evolve around Gerald and it's a slow ass story with almost no jokes.

Bullshit, everything that comes out of his mouth is either a lie or an insult.

Don't know why people keep expecting anything different, on both sides.

South Park has always had one message: "Anyone who cares about anything is dumb."

You are now aware that every time during the race, whenever he was beginning to catch Hillary in the polls, he'd deliberately say something stupid (think of when he said he anticipated the Orlando shooting), all the while knowing that his coalition of "shy" or private supporters was constantly growing. He deliberately fabricated stories about internal strife within his campaign to throw the media off the scent, and feinted the Clinton camp in the last leg of the race so that by the time they figured out that he'd touched down and reached out to the people of Wisconsin and Michigan, it was already election night. It was It really was 12D Backgammon all along.

Those libshits from CU were never funny.
Jew and cuckboi make a few funnies meanwhile whoring out our state so everyone comes here and then makes weed legal.
Great.

*try and make a few funnies