Other urls found in this thread:

bittersweetcandybowl.com/c68/p1.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben-Day_dots
januarycomic.tumblr.com
youtube.com/watch?v=Ysf5o5xOGYE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

She's saying "fuck you" to anyone who enjoyed Paulo's daydream

Real subtle shipping there

What is Daisy's issue with Lucy? Does she like her or not?
She seems to be the only person to not have been rebuked by either Lucy or Mike so far. When will she take the hit?

Did he just sink his own ship?

I suppose this is Paulo finally letting go of Lucy after the carnival chapter. Like that, it's rushed.

I meant did he sink the daisy ship, calling her a bro and all that

This chapter started out *relatively* good at least in terms of shit finally happening after chapter after chapter full of filler but it's really whimpered off to a flat ending.

I think the "never mind my love interest, I've got YOU" thing overrides that.

HEART ABOUT TO EXPLODE, amirite?

It's evident she's trying hard to bury the phase of the comic where effort was actually put into it (see Polo getting a "tuft"cut as another example) which is a contradictory paradox.

Daisy flipflops regarding her stance of somebody just as much as a career politician does on issues or Vero and her mood

B R O Z O N E D
R
O
Z
O
N
E
Daisy gets bro-zoned!

In this case I don't think it is. She dropped the hammer on him twice and now is hanging out with a guy who actively manipulated his best gal pals turned crush. It's fast but understandably so due to Lucy's autism.

>promising premise but disappointing execution
Funny how it's also descriptive of the whole comic

I noticed the last thread was deleted
was someone posting shit they should be posting or was it another random deletion

Doesn't excuse it in any way at all you fool.

Instead it stinks of development that's railroaded over anything previously existing with no remorse or sense made.

So this is just the dingleberry cherry on top of the shit sundae that can collectively be classified as post chibification.

Necrobumping a almost dead and gone thread with short or low effort posts sometimes net a delete from a jannie.

>It's not like I have a chance with her anymore.
>Like I ever did
>please ignore the four or five side comics about how successful PauloxLucy would be

see the first post in the thread

>What is Daisy's issue with Lucy?
On a normal day: Good friends
When jealousy is involved: "Lucy's a bad person"
Daisy seems to flip a switch on Lucy purely depending on if there's any perceived cock-blocking going on between them.

>David nowhere to be seen

>Doesn't excuse it in any way at all you fool.
Well fuck you too.

good, daisy is shit anyway.

Daisy's entire moral compass is based on whether someone aids or prevents her from getting more cock.

Put Lucy in the lowest tier and remove Sue, it'll be prefect.

This. Art bumps also get it.

>Daisy above Rachel in any way

>that Lucy picture

That was pretty bad even by Taeshi standards, jeez.

>fat backstabby wannabe slut above adorable and sweet slutpupper.
Niiiig she's not even better than the bipolar bitchpussy due to her hypocrisy.

I've never read the comic but I see it posted everyday. It looks awful yet I can't help but want to know more.

Can someone link me to the beginning of the arc where Lucy tries to kill herself? I'm not crazy enough to actually read all of it but that bit has me curious.

>Mike is on edgelord mode
>Abbey moved away from her
>Polo friendzoned her
If Daisy sees that Augustus aka "the guy that preffers me over Lucy" is now Lucy's BFF we might have to update the "most likely to suicide" chart

That stewed for a while but chapter 68 might be the best place for the suicidal Lucy stuff: bittersweetcandybowl.com/c68/p1.html

Chapters 70, 73, 74, and 75 continues this story line and chapter 95 has a flashback which fleshes out part of it.

That arc spans several chapters, and years in real time. You might want to read the following chapters in order to follow it whole:
14 and 18 - Introduction of Sandy, Mike's thoughts about Lucy
43 through 47 - Acapulco arc, a turning point in Lucy's drama
48, 52, 53 - descent
And then what said

You're essentially watching a drug addict get a dose of Valium and thinking "man, I want in on that action..."

What method would she use? Falling down a building might not do it, due to her protective layer.

Eat until inflation explosion.

BOOO
RUBBISH, FILTH, SLIME MUCK
BOOO BOOO BOOOOOOOOOO

Have there been any new leaks/ships ahoy

Am I the only one who finds this effect on the background in the last chapters really strange? It looks kinda like if you took quite a lot of LSD and the walls start melting and stuff.

Mike should ditch Sandy for Amaya and enjoy a zero-drama relationship and free popcorn.

Paulo kinda fucked himself when he started fucking around.

I look forward to seeing her rebuke Mike. I really want him to suffer.

>>Polo friendzoned her
Considering before that he was purposely ignoring her out of spite/fear of Abbey that seems like a good place to be for her.
But yeah, not sure what the Augustus situation will do to her.

Do not read this comic.

It seems like a photoshop filter that emulates the color printing technique used also in older comics, except zoomed in for some stupid hipster reason.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben-Day_dots

I guess, but I mean at the party they both were at a "I'm not in a relationship" situation that made many people think there could be something, and now Polo defused it himself. Daisy's reaction looks more like a masked dissapointment than happy Polo sees her as a "bro", considering he was a skirt chaser

Paulo has been taking estrogen I see.

I was summoned to give you this januarycomic.tumblr.com

I cannot believe how many eggs they're putting in the PauloxDaisy basket

To be honest I'm here for the stupid fun ideas like Daisy and David playing a death game with the table people or Amaya avenging Sue's death

...why did he friendzone Daisy

>that last panel
I can't fucking believe Daisy would do this. Nobody deserves to be hit! Confirmed hypocrite and worst girl.

I think a while back I saw Taeshi post some upcoming dialogue on twitter where Daisy bitches Lucy out about it. Don't remember details, though.

The beginning of "Pillow Talk" and tail end of "Carry Me" are also prime examples of her decent, too.

It shows Lucy isn't just "sad because her crush hates her", she's been psychologically dependent on one person her entire life and is going through withdraws like a junkie, craving whatever little contact she could get. Every time it feels like she's getting a handle on it, she's given a glimmer of hope getting him back, even if just as a friend, and it's yanked away from her again. Curtain Call being the final straw, where she's about to be shipped away to boarding school because of her declining state (unbeknownst to Mike) and he tells her he's finally ready to talk things over, one last shred of hope that she didn't know she would even get, and it's already crushed.

>>that last panel
>I can't fucking believe Daisy would do this. Nobody deserves to be hit! Confirmed hypocrite and worst girl.
That's how Lucy and Mike started! Stop Daisy before it's too late

>I think a while back I saw Taeshi post some upcoming dialogue on twitter where Daisy bitches Lucy out about it. Don't remember details, though.
Reasonable response I reckon.
Still doesn't mean Mike won't lash out at her like he's lashed out at everyone else.

It's a safer basket than the MikexSandy one.
Hubba Dubba Doh!

You forget that this ship is supposed to be some sort of secret plot development for the future. This is "foreshadowing"

>Daisy starts acting more and more like Lucy
>Stood eating or trims her fluff, whatever, she's looking slimmer and attractive
>One day she just fucking bleaches her hair
It ends in a Daisy vs Lucy rooftop fight where Daisy wants to end what Lucy started and failed to do

It looks nice all zoomed out on a phone I guess, but up close it feels like Paulo is tripping balls while talking with Daisy

> lucy suffering
It's the most delicious part of this shitshow.

Because he is afraid of Abbey ambushing and beating him up.

So all of Abbey's therapy was for naught even though pre Lucy-fucking-off it was shown to help him?

I'm not gonna say it's a shitty retcon, but it's a shitty retcon.

Your taste is plebeian.
Step up to Mike suffering. It's so delicious it must be fattening.

Well Abbey didn't throw a tantrum or beat Paulo to a pulp, he just roughed him up to intimidate him a bit. From Abbey's POV, he is totally justified in preventing his sweetheart being used by some fucking jackass womanizer. That's one part of the comic I really like - no character feels unjustified in his behaviour (bar maybe Mike).

Sounds like Gon who we all know is a shit protag

Dude, watching both Mike and Lucy turn their social lives into scorched earth is probably the main reason I read this comic. Whatever happens to Paulo, Daisy, Abbey, etc. is all filler as far as I'm concerned.

The only MikexLucy I want to happen is them agreeing to a murder/suicide pact with both of them arguing over who gets to be put of of their misery first.

>had sex with two girls
>had zero-sex relationship with pure girl for like half a year
>womanizer
abby iz dum

W-when is mike is right poster coming back

Sue stuffing Mike in a locker should have been canon. What a twat.

Both girls had the reputation for being giant whores though. Perhaps Jasmine could persuade Abbey that Paulo is just an immature jerk with a heart of gold instead of a manwhore his reputation makes him to be.

Best part is that you could barely even count Jess and Rachel as examples as he barely even flirted with them,. They took advantage of him, not the other way around. PauloxRachel was a thing later down the road but that's still mostly on Rachel. Paulo made it pretty clear he wasn't in love with her but she kept it going anyway.

When people keep calling him a "womanizer" they just mean a shameless flirt. Hell, by most people's definitions here, Archie Andrews is a womanizer for trying to dating Betty and Veronica at the same time.

I seriously don't understand why this furry garbage gets to stay on /co

Daily reminder that Mike is always right

It's allowed because all we do is shit on it. Now YOU get to read it.

I don't see why these two don't get called out very often for being manipulative cunts. Or at least Jessica. Rachel had the decency to regret it.

Back then she was the means to a end for the writer, and now she's in the token Lebanese relationship.
So obv she gets off free.

I headcanon that Paulo's complicated feelings for his mother and the example of his father who didn't fight back when she would yell at him has caused him to be overly forbearing when it comes to girls (except for Sue).

The real answer is probably that Taeshi couldn't be assed to put something there. Most of Paulo's friends don't give enough of a shit you'd think at least Daisy would be a little cross that they batted Paulo's dick around like it was a toy mouse. But maybe she doesn't want to speak badly of her friends from the cheer squad (remember that?).

Dunno, I personally think that neither Paulo felt used nor his friends (except Tess) took offense for actions of Jess and Rachel. He got laid, so what did he even really lose. His virginity? The whole situation where Jess fucked Paulo just to get back at Tess labeling her a whore was very ironically self-sabotaging, if in character.

Actually, looking back at those pages it isn't clear that Paulo is aware they manipulated him.

He did seem touchy about the subject of the loss of his virginity later but that easily might have more to do with how awkward, unsatisfying, and apparently somewhat humiliating it was.

I forgot she was on the cheer squad holy shit

Wasn't it kind of dealt with during the sleepover chapter? Lucy called her out pretty hard on it, then there was some sob story about Jess and Rachel's past with Tess that somehow justifies it, then eventually Lucy drops it because she figures in the end, it kept Paulo's ego in check or something.

Lucy the Great and Wise is goddamn insufferable even when she's right.

>their shoulders are wider than their heads back then.
What went wrong since the opposite is now true?

Supposedly they decided they looked too human and didn't like it.

Everyone got over it.
Tess forgave them, and they forgave Tess. So it's over. The reason they forgave eachother was because it was like two years ago and they literally just stopped holding a grudge.

Trying to unsexualize her characters. Taeshi doesn't like her comic being considered a furry comic.

why the fuck is Lucy that high?

>daisy is better than rachel
your taste is complete shit, congrats

Lucy has the best design out of the girls, she gets props for that

>creates character concept that includes discomfort over her sexy ass and big rack
>unhappy when a cat is fine too

she's a literal retard

So I'm curious what you all think: Do you think Taeshi knows what she's doing? I know, it sure doesn't seem like it, but I refuse to believe she lacks even a shred of self-awareness, especially seeing as she pokes fun at what she does occasionally.

Do you think she's genuinely unable to see how badly she's fucking up, does she have ulterior motives, or is it a bit of both?

And they lived happily ever after.

I find this ship unconvincing!

She's not entirely incompetent, she's just painfully mentally unstable. It's an asset in that she can write believably fucked up characters, but it also stops her from doing as well as she could. Plus she's been doing this comic forever. She's probably burnt out to some degree and won't improve in certain areas because of emotional hangups she has. She doesn't want this to be a "furry" comic, so bobbleheads. She just wants to write slice of life right now, so the tone is jarringly unsuited to the subject material she's written herself into. I think with good therapy, a decent break, and a distinctive lack of suitcase, she could regularly turn out good content, but that's not the situation as-is.

It's honestly a lot like what the characters in the comic do most of the time. If they stepped back and thought things through, then they wouldn't have the problems they're having, but they're so hung up on bullshit that their vision is clouded and they can't make rational decisions. Every character in this comic is Taeshi to some degree.

Nothing better than sweaty couch sex with your bro

>tishi needs 10-12 hours of sleep a night

>That sheen
Wait a minute
Did they do the thing?

Who is with Paulo?

> 2 dubs exactly 100 posts apart
checked.
also maybe the a/c is out in their building. daisy is too pure for the lewds.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ysf5o5xOGYE

She's both stubborn and stupid, a bad combo on it's own. Unfortunately there's also GrabBag playing enabler, which makes it all the worse.