ANT-MAN & THE WASP by Mark Waid and Javier Garron

Ant-Man and the Wasp are a classic comic book duo - but never this Ant-Man ... and never this Wasp ... together, until now.

Scott Lang and Nadia Pym pair up for Ant-Man & The Wasp, a six-issue limited series from writer Mark Waid and artist Javier Garron scheduled to debut June 6. In this series, Lang has shrunken down and gotten lost, with Nadia his only hope of rescue. The problem is, Lang's not the kind of guy to easily admit he's lost - or that he's in need of a rescue.

The series will debut one month ahead of Marvel Studios' Ant-Man & The Wasp movie, of course, featuring Paul Rudd's Scott Lang and Evangeline Lilly's Hope (not-quite Nadia Pym, but close) Van Dyne.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mstohl/status/965566634009100288
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>waid
>nadia pym
Pass.

sure it's movie tie in as fuck but Scott and Nadia are cool so i'll read 6 issues.

has anyone written about how Marvel is pumping out the miniseries with this relaunch?

Scott don't do nohing, she's as almost old as your daughter Scott, you don't want the party van coming after you Scott.

When's Carol.

>no Egghead
ree

When will Nadia learn her dad is half robot?

Wait, it's only a mini? That's surprising. I would have assumed they'd go with an ongoing. In fact, Marvel is putting out kinda of a lot of minis with Fresh Start, which is especially weird since during the Alonso years, they were extremely reticent to announce whether something was a mini or not and instead just do ongoings that get cancelled at issue 5 or 6.

I guess Yoshida is probably behind this. Works for me.

Why can't Janet, Stinger, or Giant-Man go after him?

Grizzley Bear and Machinesmith appearances yes?

>Jan is a bitch and not in the movie
>Comics Cassie is older than movie Cassie and we can't confuse the new readers that will surely flock to the book after the movie comes out
>Nobody cares about the new Giant Man and he's not in the movie either

It's not by Spencer

Nadia is like 20 years younger than the Hope in the movie, and has a different name

nobody read her book

Was just thinking this. Very glad they're setting proper expectations by being up front about what will be a mini and what is genuinely meant to be ongoing.

Jan's in the movie, she's Michelle Pfeiffer.

Did you mean dad-brother?

Dad-half brother techincally

>waid

>Grown man with teen that's not his daughter
Hmmmm

So I've heard Antman is only a good character in the Antman movie and the EMH cartoon? Is that true? There's no great Antman runs?

>we want the hawkeye audience

Isn't Lang out in space with the GotG right now?

The only time that Nadia has been remotely tolerable is when she’s been written by Waid though.

>it's another movie synergy episode

Why won't this show get canceled

Will Ghost show up.

>Waid
>it's about Scott getting in trouble and Nadia being his only hope even though he won't admit it

Pass.

>Waid
>Lang
>Nadia

HARD pass.

HOW SYNERGASTIC

What's with Waid hate in the last years?
The only bad thing he wrote was Champions. And the other works weren't worse than mediocre

>inb4 twitter
Who cares?

>Waid on a cheap movie tie in

Does Marvel just have ten writers total right now?

>Champions
yup that is why i hate him he ruined kamala for me and totally destroyed viv, although i enjoyed ANAD avengers (minus the propaganda) weirdly enough kamala was good there

just gonna be more men hating sjw shit where she is presented like a marie sue strong wyman that is always right and superior in everyway and he as a beta loser cuck that to constantly gets saved and ridiculed by her
so you sjw cucks on Sup Forumsmblr should love it

That's all that Perlmutter is willing to spend on right now, so they have to make due.

So then it's right up your alley.

dead

Well, I'll check it out. Was hoping for more Spencer on Scott but at least he's getting a book back

well she's really trying to impress him

Someone lied to you.

Stohl is still writing her.

twitter.com/mstohl/status/965566634009100288

Nadia means hope.

>Waid writing a teen

eat it grandpa

Scott Lang doesn't sell and is generally boring.

Why they keep trying to push him while never giving Hank Pym a shot at a solo title I'll never understand.

No, I actually do understand and its bullshit

>Using a wife beater

That boat is sunk, Tim.

Hank was always best as an Avenger cause he has such a huge supporting cast that a solo book would basically be an Avengers book anyway. I'm just glad Infinity is giving him a Pymtron story finally. Since Rage of Ultron he appeared all of 2 times

What are some good Antman comics?

SYNERGY!

(except if you're Wanda and Vision)

his Hulk was boring and DD went down hill FAST after Ikari

> the main conflict is Scott Lang's a jerk

Fucking shit are there no actual villains anymore

>Waid
>Nadia
>still with the MCU pandering
Gee, I wonder why people aren't buying into Marvel's "We're good again" vibe with these new books.

hank
>Busiek's Avengers including the Annual
>Slott's Mighty Avengers
>Avengers Academy
>Ant-Man and The Wasp

Scott
>Spencers run

It's still a different name, nobody calls her "Hope"

Because it's been at least four years since he wrote something good.

But the main thing is that once again twitter has revealed a creator to be a massive cunt.

Even if his work turns good again, it's unlikely he'd regain his former popularity.

Thanks

Scott had a good showing in that one arc of Stern's Avengers where the Masters of Evil fuck up the whole team and the mansion.
But since he wasn't on the team he's only really important in one issue.

Probably worth mention that the run in general was good for Jan.

This'll probably be shit, but at least Marvel is trying something genuinely new. Pairing up characters who haven't interacted to see whether they work together should be standard.

>Who cares?
You should care. A creator who doesn't respect his customers doesn't deserve respect, or further business. You don't run a business on being a piece of shit to the people who pay you.

people found out he was a democrat.

This! if you read most Avengers runs you will see that Hank is practically the MC! Hank, Jan, Vision, Wanda and Clint had great relevance and development in most of the runs... until Bendis ruined everything.

i've said a million times it's not a real Avengers team if it doesn't have a member of the Pym/van Dyne family or Hawkeye in it.

>That one time when Scott beat Doom

Guess this will be the only marvel book I’m pulling now