Secondary here

So...if I understood well in this universe, the nine realms are just 9 random planets Asgard controls?

Then why Odin/Asgardians are in such a high horse? Doesn't that make them just the lords of a minuscule part of the galaxy? And their entire population fits on a single spaceship so...

Why they think they are a big thing? I mean, I understand if they would knew anything about the rest of the galaxy, if they thought the entire universe were only those 9 planets would make sense for them to feel "big", but they are aware of how the universe works, they know is not only their little 9 planets and still act as if they were big shit.

They're parallel dimensions. Midgard encompasses Earth and all the alien worlds like Xandar, Hala and whatever. Asgard is both a dimension and its capital planet.

>Midgard encompasses Earth and all the alien worlds like Xandar,
No it doesnt.

Midgard IS Earth and nothing else.
OP is right. it's just planets.
Thor and his crew literally go to Asgard on a ship, and leave Asgard on a ship to go to Earth.

The Bifrost is just a teleporter.

How much life is there in the marvel universe? Nine planets may actually be a lot, and spaced tremendous distances apart so perhaps they include all the barren worlds between and just don't list them.

Honestly, the writers have never had a good idea of what to do with Thor. I wouldn't be surprised if it was shortsightedness that caused Thor to be just an alien with superadvanced technology.

Odin used to use Hela to conquer other planets and then he just gave up

The 9 Realms seem to be 9 planets specifically connected to Yggdrasil through the Bifrost

Although let sbe honest here. The movies have never been very clear about how Asgard or any other planet work in thor.
It's implied by the third movie that they've been colonized, which means whatever uprising was going on between 1 and 2 was probably people rightfully asking for independence.

Asgard itself is more of a prop. Like a cardboard cutout.

>Honestly, the writers
Comic or movies?

A bit of both

The GOTG were able to fly Angela to Heven

The 9 realms are worlds of some cosmic significance. The explanation isn't clear beyond that. All we're supposed to know is that these handful of worlds are important beyond being just planets.

>Why they think they are a big thing?
How many planets do you control, OP?

:(

and they did a shitty job explaining it. the way it stands, none of those worlds are of real importance, especially jotunheim

This. If you were to ask even Thor movie fans what those worlds are, they'd be at a loss.

I keep saying it : all this plot of bringing order in the nine realms betweeen 1 and 2 was interesting. That's what we should have seen..

They call them the 9 realms, they pretend to govern them, but don't let that fool you. Asgardians only go there as tourists or on a hunting trip during the weekend and holidays.

From what I understand, a "realm" is merely a planet that's connected by a series of wormholes that is referred to as The World Tree. The 9 are simply first stops to what I assume is the rest of a sector of space.

Basically Asgardians are stuck up assholes because they live significantly longer than most species and have exclusive travel between those realms. I doubt even the Nova Corp or The Kree listen to them

The movie(s) make almost no attempt at educating the viewer. The nine realms are separate dimensions and the asgardians have assigned a planet within each as the "capital", the hub of important events. You cannot get in a ship and fly to any of these planets from another. 'Midgard" is earth and the dimension it is in.

>You cannot get in a ship and fly to any of these planets from another.
Untrue

Wormhole or a gay faggy rainbow bridge

Then how do you explain people traveling from Asgard to earth in a space ship?

Classic God's dude. It's all bout ego. Religion is ego.

The movies are marvel material based on the comics which themselves are based on actual stories in norse mythology. Until you get official releases/statements of changes to previously established material, you go off of that. Just because some random writer or scripter adds something wrong or lazy does not mean it's now cannon.