John K

What's his fucking problem?

youtu.be/TCK-4S7EHbA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xGiRuKOWoIw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He's an asshole

How could a guy so important be so bad?

Does Kricfalusi actually have a fan club on Sup Forums or is it just some obsessed autists that keeps making John K threads every week?

/thread.

We both know the answer to that question.

God the guy doing this video is unsufferable. A total fagot with no points at all, not even extrapulating on John K's opinions or any counter points just endless," Well he's upset at this thing and that's bad." I'm unsure whether he is genuinely retarded or is just doing the generic click-bait routine of being upset at everything.

John K is absolutely right but his opinions are not legit because he makes turds as well

aspberger's

He has trouble with deadlines.

Ask Roman Polanski

Are you the guy that thinks tiny toons is anime and you can only use certain colors in cartoons for reasons unknown?

I rarely even go to Sup Forums. I have no idea who you are talking about.

Theres a guy who always sucks john k dick and talks shit about cartoons. Like he will say atla has bad coloring, you ask why, its because something is purple, you ask why that makes it bad, he says cuz jon k said so. I forgot his name tho

Oh look, this thread AGAIN

how could you hate a guy like this?

John K, and his advocates, are hard-asses because they put a high value on, and have sensitive aesthetics. To someone in the reverse position he'd just come off as an ass-hole who's nit-picking and can't just settle down. This would be escpially true of someone that is watching a show for the plot. Than there are people that have defective brains like in OP's video who don't even understand what criticism and interpret as 'well he must hate it if he's saying there's something wrong with it...'

And yeah, Avatar is a god-awful looking show. The protagonist design alone killed it for me.

He's the hero no one wants or no one likes, but he doesn't really do any saving.

the soy must have got to his brain

Wait, so why cant purple be in cartoons?

>The protagonist design alone killed it for me.
>Bald buddhist monk with arrow tats
>Delicious brown fit girl

Like, shit man. The Protagonist design is one of the things Avatar did right.

I don't know man, you're the one hung up on colors. I havn't said a word about them.

You've got a girl with a mannish face devoid of any femininity, a terribly ugly girl. A ftm tranny. A balding child (already a horrible idea) with an arrow pointing to his fucking face. He looks like cancer patient more than a monk. Faces that look like the have down-syndrome. These characters are ugly. Even their costumes suck, hobo-rags, instead of looking cool or heroic is would be fitting for action characters.

Than there is the general horribleness of it being a typical anime-wannabe. They fact they tried to do the show as something serious is down-right cringey.

My contempt for the character design is enough so that I didn't even care what goes on the show.

Then why reply in the first place fag

Who is this Johnkisa?

>In cartoons you don't use scripts, you use story boards?

Is he right Sup Forums? am i being lazy if i barely write something that resembles a script but i make a ton of storyboards

could i end up like him if i keep doing this?

wat
I've never heard of this

fpbp

What he's saying you is watch cartoons for the animation. The story is an excuse to draw funny things.

Think about looney tunes 'stories'. Are they even stories? They are just an excuse to put Bugs and Daffy in a certain setting and have them pull the leg of Yosemite Sam.

dude's a total bro
this destroys all arguments against him

even though I like AtLA, I can agree with most of these criticisms

I think they took too much from anime when designing the characters' faces & they should've taken other influences than they did for their costumes

that being said, I thought the Fire Nation had an awesomely-designed look. namely the armored guys

I think there was always a general story in mind, but they still didn't really write it down as much as just come up with what they wanted to see first

it works for Ghibli
they don't write down shit for story, but they still make their movies with story boards

It's a meme to hate him but in reality the only thing he's done wrong is not putting out more cartoons.

I liked ripping friends

Of course Pan would jump on the John K hate train

valuing your work is actually meeting your deadlines (or at least ballparking them, so studios don't want to blacklist you from the industry).

Looney Tunes stories were generally short little vignettes that had a flow to it.

>I know you are talking about having standards in aesthetics. But let's talk about his management and accounting skill!

Whoop-dee-doo! While we are at it maybe we should take animations lessons from accountants!

that's kinda the problem with TV animation today
if you want good storyboarding, you should make it short, imo

outside being a pervert, pan's got pretty normie opinions

He’s a lazy artist who stopped working on his craft. It doesn’t take an expert to see how absolutely lacking in substance John K’s post R&S work became, yet he insists on resting on his laurels like the massive cockhead he is.

And let’s be real, who won in the end? Sure animators revere R&S as some holy animation triumph but it’s the Simpsons, the writer driven, smart, relatively down to earth pseudo-sitcom that remains remembered even today.

I can agree with that

You already answered the question. Stuff like R&S IS funnier than sitcom comedy. Because the approach John K advocates plays to the strength of the medium, using animation to show ridiculous things. While the sitcom approach is the inverse and actively holds back it's own potential.

You're approaching the subject like a sheep, saying something 'wins' because it's more popular. It's like you can't even process he's talking about theory and reduce the entire thing to poo-flinging.

i'm surprised no one posted this yet

youtube.com/watch?v=xGiRuKOWoIw

Is John K. the physical manifestation of "muh style"?

that would be IJQ
at least John could keep the heights & general shapes of his characters alright

His father is a psychopath that abused him a lot
He even hide playboys in johns closet because he thought that his son is homosex

Yea, and then when he made an episode dedicated to his dad his dad got pissed off because his friends said it made him look 'soft' because the dad in the episode cried over his son almost getting killed.

>Burn in hell John K

Ok I'm not a fan of him either and I think the guy is a massive obnoxious cunt myself, but was their any need for that? Wanting a man to suffer in hell for eternity just because he said something negative about your favourite cartoon?

>4:05
FOR MEN!

If he really valued his work, maybe he'd try actually fucking finishing something he was passionate about sometime instead of pumping out formless, lifeless blobs for his freelance work.
Face it, John K. is fucking worthless now that he doesn't have Spumco and a legion of talented, naive gal pals to leech off of.

People with autism take cartoons very seriously

>R&S is funnier than The Simpsons
I haven't laughed at a single episode of Ren & Stimpy since I turned 14 many years ago. Like, the animation's great and all, but the jokes tend to fall flat after you develop a better palette for humor.
Meanwhile, the earlier seasons of The Simpsons only became funnier as I got older thanks to clever, multifaceted writing, and honestly, occasionally funny animation.
John K.'s a fucking hack who hasn't produced anything of value in years, while the entire industry moves on without him.

>I haven't laughed at a single episode of Avatar: The Last Airbender since it started many years ago. Like, the animation's passable and all, but the jokes tend to fall flat after you develop a better palette for humor.
>Meanwhile, Tiny Toons only became funnier as I got older thanks to honestly, clever, multifaceted writing, and occasionally feature tier animation.
>Bryke are a pair of fucking hacks who hasn't produced anything of value in at all, while the entire industry moves on without them.
Fixed.

Why did you plug a bunch of random shit into my post?
Are you stupid?

What the fuck are you talking about?

It's not shit, it's you that edited a Toon Zone post.
Wheres Naoto Kubo and Shiho Fujii where you need them?

I wish a podcast with actual animators with industry backgrounds was around. Pan and co are like junkfood to listen to with no substance or value, but they are the only people talking about animation news on a regular basis so I keep listening and trying not to cringe when they pretend to speak like they have any kind of industry experience/knowledge on how things are run or insightful opinion on something... because they dont

No, seriously, what the fuck are you talking about

Avatar is a insult to Japanese animation when Tiny Toons is the gold stander of Japanese animation.

The fact that John rips on Tiny Toons is just that he is just jelly at the Japanese.

And what the fuck does this have to do with the Simpsons?

That Tiny Toons is a better show then The Simpsons.

Indeed

>Tiny Toons
Fuck off, TMS Fag.

it's sad when the tranny's the only one with close to an "industry background"
even if it's only working for a netflix show & doing some crappy online shit

>[John K] constantly gets into fights on Twitter

He made like six twitter posts in six years...

If the old spumco site was still up I think people would get his style better. And maybe even like it.
Would be cool to have my issue 1 wildcartoon kingdom signed by him before.....he off's himself.

you're not going to end up like him as long as you realize that scripts and storyboards are a means to an end and that you're free to use whichever methods of story writing suit you. a script is just a nice way of organizing a story that works well for most everything. John's bias is based on his bitterness towards his experience in the animation industry. just use whatever works best for you

He's not important though.

Honestly, he might have a point at times, but I can't take it serious. His own works are an eyesore. They give me eye cancer.

I wouldn't listen to obese fitness instructor or penniless broker, I wouldn't listen to John K either.

>I wouldn't listen to obese fitness instructor or penniless broker, I wouldn't listen to John K either.
He might be obese now but he used to be /fit/

>saying something 'wins' because it's more popular
That's how it works in the animation industry.
Who won, Megadeth or Metallica? Everybody screamed that Metallica are sellouts but they're the rich ones whose name was synonymous with heavy metal for a decade. Megadeth was #2 for a few years and only remembered by metal fans.

That's how it goes.