Pass out after being hit by a car

>pass out after being hit by a car
>wake up
>We patched up your broken bones and other injuries. With the three day stay your bill is $20,000. If you can't pay, we'll take your house

Americans think this is an acceptable system

>pass out after getting hit by a car
>die from internal bleeding because your shitty fucking country won't put you in the hospital

that's not how it works.

if you can't pay they just call you and bug you for a couple of years, then write it off as bad debt.

no, we don't. There is not a single american who doesn't scream until their lungs bleed about healthcare problems all day, every day. there is nothing that we like less than our healthcare system except taking breaks from international murder raids.

You act like immediate payment is required. I'm pretty sure most hospitals allow setting up of payment plans, plus insurance helps a lot if you have it (though you'll get fined at the moment if you don't). There are upsides and downsides to both the way the US does it and universal healthcare.

>That's not how it works, I can just break the law and increase deficit
U S A U S A

Trump:
>we can't afford universal healthcare
>instead let's build a massive expensive wall and repeal Obamacare which allowed 20 million Americans to get insurance
Kek. People here voted for this man.

It doesn't increase deficit. It's 20,000 for 3 days in the first place to pad for this kind of thing. The government does not pick up the tab.

ha jokes on you i'm 27 and live at home!

>foreigners think that in the US they can take your house

Protip:

It forced 20 million to get health insurance or "get their house taken"

No law is broken and the private sector doesn't contribute to the government deficit.

isn't this why people get car insurance?

>be a hardworking small business owner
>some dumb fucking nigger/libshit was protesting on the road and got hit, so now I have to pay for it, and if i don't they'll throw me in jail for tax evasion
Crypto-communists think this is an acceptable system

Why do Americans oppose a single-payer system when your healthcare costs per capita are 3 times that of the UK that has universal healthcare?

>lets ave single payer healthcare
>Oh no, a bunch of fatfucks will bankrupt the insurance companies
>better make the taxpayer relive this debt upfront
>Make taxpayers buy insurance to cover fatfucks
>Damn, it feels go to be a senator

Enjoy your Mexicans leaf.

Aren't emergencies covered anyways for everyone via medicade or something? at least until you reach a point you're allowed to be discharged

>get hit by a car
>sue the person that hit you with car/sue their family
>take all their monies
>use monies to pay hospital

>implying I own a house
>implying I own ANYTHING

They will treat you but you will owe. Hospitals get a lot of bad debt that's why healthcare is so expensive

If the debt remained unpaid, then the hospital covered it with the existing income they have, mainly from HMOs. They may eventually write it off as "bad debt", but the expense was still there.

>Why is healthcare so expensive
>Why are premiums so high

That is why.

The US government spends more per capita on healthcare than any European country anyway

>wake up in Europe find out you have a new nigger spleen and muslim blood

Fucking entitled millennials in these threads. If you can't afford $20k you shouldn't let yourself be hit by a car in the first place.

Is there no way you can say "I didn't ask to be helped" and get out of it? along the lines of an auto mechanic doing unrequested work you don't pay for?

probably a bit of a stretch for that to work

>be Portuguese
>get hitted by car
>after leaving the hospital government gives you about 1000€ although your life is destroyed
>still forced to work or else.

>be Bulgarian
>get hit by a car
>driver looks around for witnesses/cameras
>sees no one saw it
>drives off
>muster the strength of your broken bones to reach for your phone
>112 state your emergency
>"yeah i got hit by a car at x road send help plox"
>ok.jpg
>ambulance takes half an hour to 5 hours to arrive depending on where you live
>ambulance finally arrives
>the driver is obviously drunk
>"dude are you drunk?"
>nah it's just my medication man :DDD
>ambulance staff hauls you into the vehicle
>on the way to the hospital they have to patch you up
>staff are unqualified gypsies
>"maman, where do i insert tube? oh, in blue thingy?"
>finally be taken to your room in the hospital after getting patched up and shit
>doctor comes in
>"okey man it all went really bad you may die and sheeet unless you buy this and that HIGH QUALITY medicine from my friend in germany it will only cost you 500 euro :DDD
>take the medicine
>die from overdose
>"news of the day: man dies from a wrong doctor's prescription; doctor is innocent tho like he dindu nuffin mistakes happen like there are 20000 wrong prescriptions per year in bulgaria alone xDDD"
>jewish doctor approaches your grieving family
>"you still owe us 5000 lev for ambulance ride and hospital room and care and sheet xDDDD

We're full

because your fat