CalArts just had it's most important characters per decade tally and the teachers are mad about their student's...

CalArts just had it's most important characters per decade tally and the teachers are mad about their student's performance and they're telling them to catch up to these characters.

Source: I go to CalArts, sooo..... CalArts thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g1p5eNOsl7I
youtube.com/watch?v=7VcYz6KZtqs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons
youtube.com/watch?v=INNCnyLwDy0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Man, the 50's and 70's sucked that hard, huh?

And Buster Bunny? That feels wrong somehow...I don't even hate Tiny Toons, but Buster better than Darkwing Duck, or the Warner Brothers? Or shit, if anime counts like it does post-2000, why not Ash Ketchem or Goku? Hell, I'd argue Peter Griffen might even be a contender for being more importnat

And to add to that, who the fuck even are those anime girls?

THIS IS REALLY FUCKING OBVIOUSLY TMS FAG, FEEL FREE TO IGNORE

1990s should be spongebob

In case this isn't 100% bait and going purely by influence...

60s should be Scooby Doo, 90s should be Spongebob, 2000s should be Shrek, 2010s should be Finn or Minions.

The 50s had excellent cartoons (pic related).
Laura Haruna (2000s) and Nozomi Tojo (2010s).

>2000s and 2010s are obscure shitty characters that might as well be Sanic OCs

Buster Bunny is much more important.
>I don't go to the SiIvaGunner channel on YouTube.

Excellent cartoons, yes, but the list is "most impoortant character created in that decade."

Is Huckleberry Hound really the best new character that the 50's created?

Spongebob didn't come out till 1999....

That's still the 90's you know

I like Yogi Bear more myself but thats what my teachers picked.

>In before Taz.

Replace Fat Albert with Scooby doo and replace the 50's dog whose name I literally can't remember with Astro boy. The 90's and on are also likely wrong, but they're recent enough it's hard to measure impact yet

How the fuck is the chick from Hamtaro more important than Spongebob?

How, Buster Bunny is not even in anything anymore. This image is dogshit.

It was made by somebody trying way too hard to be clever, and failing abysmally.

What about Gerald McBoingBoing?

Scooby Doo debuted in the 60's though.

I feel like the 50's should be Yogi Bear or Rocky and Bullwinkle

Bait. Prove that this is actually from CalArts or GTFO

>CalArts thread.
Oh, so a "How to be wrong" thread.

It's nice to see Tiny Toons/Animanics/Hamtaro user is still alive and kicking and so many new friends are getting to experiment his unhinged take on shit posting.

>Believing that this is actually from CalArts
>Taking the B8

>Fred Flintstone
>Nozomi
This list is pretty High Quality.

September of 1969. While you're technically right, almost none of its cultural impact would have occurred in the 60's. We're talking literally a couple of months before the new decade.

Do you really believe Yogi Bear has been more important to animation than Astro Boy?

This is a TMSfag thread. You're talking to an actual, not meme autist with a raging boner for Hamtaro. 90% of what he says is a complete lie pulled out of his ass, and is known for ruining actual animation discussion threads with his rampant autism. Luckily this time he made one himself, so it's easily ignored. Or stick around and watch his mental retardation in action.

>Buster, shitty Hamtaro character, and weebshit as the last three.
Go away, TMS Fag.

Not enough people know who Famicom is or how he's actually autistic and believes everything he says as fact because of liars on Toonzone

they counted bart as 1980s even though it came out in 1989

how do you even quantify this?
why are literal who anime characters on this list but huge names like goku or naruto
(read: most important, not best) aren't?

I know, right?
That is false.
None of those characters are shit, they're excellent.
Tracey Ullman.

Because Laura and Nozomi are much better characters then Goku and Naruto.

Can you explain how that makes them more important?

nozomi isn't even the "most important animated character" even within love live

More like a "user tries to bait everyone by making shit up" thread

>Buster over Spongebob
>Buster over Bevis and Butthead
>Buster over Ren and fucking Stimpy
Buster isn't even the most important character if his own fucking show, Babs was. Ren and Stimpy molded the fucking majority of cartoons that came out before the 00s

you didn't even read my whole post lol

When Nico get's her own batch of High Quality Rips then we talk.
CalArts done not make that type of shit, just shitty shows.

No he's ACTUALLY autistic. He literally believes everything he says as a fact

They are the most important characters in those decades in terms of impact.

Wait, was Huckleberry hound a big character? I always just thought of him as Hannah Barbara character #22.

Can you expound on what impact Laura has had on animation, and especially on hos it's the most of every character from the 00's?

How are any of you dumb enough to take the bait on this thread

No, this came from CalArts.
He was number 2 after Ruff and Ready (3 if you count Tom and Jerry), but Huck had a much bigger impact then Ruff and Ready ever did.

Soft spot for sincere autismos like tmsfag

>Ruff and Ready
I literally have no idea who you're referring to. How could he possibly be important if no one's heard of him?

More proof that
> CalArts
is a worthy meme.
First up : if you're going to try shaming your students with history, then do your fucking homework before your students do it for you. Use the character models from the eras you're using as examples.
Next, and most important point: if you're going to set such a low bar to clear like Hanna-Barberra's cheap factory drek, or Tiny Toons's "can't stay on model because we off-shore to whoever's cheapest this week," then as a student I'd be relieved that I don't have to work hard to get on your "most important" list.

>ruff and ready
OK, now I know you're fucking with me.

She proved that female human characters can be used the same way as male human characters, as in not be treated as objects or stereotypes.

then why are almost half of them forgettable/literal whos?
c-lister hanna-barbera characters and generic anime girls are the opposite of important.

What is the last girl from?

Can you name any creators who have cited her as an influence on their work, especially from the feminist lens you're suggesting? Can you explain why previous female characters like Sandy from Spongebob didn't have the same impact? Can you explain why you believe Laura isn't a stereotype of young femininity?

Again, Buster over Stimpy and the birth of gross out humor in cartoons
Buster over Spongebob who became one of animations most recognized figure in the last 20 years
Buster over Bevis who impacted society so much they were often in the news as part of public outcrys from time to time
Buster is the weakest shit

Hanna Barbera's first TV show.
Hanna Barbera might of been cheap but they they did not became drek or factory based until the 1970s and only Wang & Akom were cheap.
It's a typo.
Huck is a A-list Hanna Barbera character and Laura & Nozoni are not generic.

Love Live.
Buster puts those other characters to shame.

>Buster puts those other characters to shame.
Even if I were to agree with you, how does that make him more important? Also, why do you pretend to attend Calarts?

Its huckleberry hound

Who the fuck are the characters from the 2000's and the 2010's

The last 2 decades are bait right?

>Simpson aired 17 dez. 1989
>80s
Who made this list should rethink if 14 days are enough to say its an 80s character.

Thanks for explaining, I was trying to think of why anyone would claim Fat Albert is the biggest character of any decade, now it makes sense.

Nope, hand picked by CalArts' teachers.

Also.
>Not going to the SiIvaGunner channel on YouTube.

>It's a TMS fag episode.

Tracey Ullman shorts.
He is lying.

*Respective decade

>I go to CalArts
You have no ability to tell stories. You've never read Aristotle or Jung. You only regurgitate software knowledge and use it solely for Sailor Moon references and similar tripe, and you think the actual live action classics of cinema are too "old" or "boring". You actually think background lesbians are provocative and progressive.

I am projecting onto you as my vague adversary.

>Respected Decade

I read Carl Barks and E.C Segar who are much better then Aristotle and Jung.

i didn't even know the blue dog's name until now.
he's not a-list. a-list is yogi. a-list is scooby.
those anime schoolgirls are not the most important anime characters of the year,
let alone the most important animation characters for their decades.
important characters are iconic, they're game-changers.
say what you will about the actual quality of ren & stimpy,
but their characters are much more important than a baby version of buggs bunny.

Not bad. What's your opinion on Windsor McKay, and how do you reconcile the drop in animation quality without going full John K autism?

Fite me.

Here, let's prove this is a Famicom thread: TMS was the sweatshop of animation studios with no air conditioning.

Huck is a A-lister.
Laura & Nozomi are the most important characters of the decade, SiIvaGunner said so for the later.
Buster, Laura and Nozomi are game changers.

And Tiny Toons is not Baby Looney Tunes.
>Windsor McKay,
Enriching.
>How do you reconcile the drop in animation quality without going full John K autism?
Incompetents and being too cheap.

>last two "literally who" characters on the list

LITERALLY WHO THE FUCK ARE THOSE TWO? How are they important if I've never seen or heard of them?

And the fucking elephant in the room: where is Spongebob?

As much as I hate the fucking fucker and his shitty fucking cartoon, that little fuck has had a huge impact.

And this is going to sound insane, but Avatar:TLA has to have honorable mention, that shit was so huge even my mother watched it at the time.

Picture that: 18 years old, coming home from school and your mom waiting for you to arrive so you could watch the latest episode (along with house MD)

the fact that the show was also popular with adults was quite notable, I'd say.

Better. Although I coulda swore Betty Boop was 1920s.

Better than TMSfag's list

>respected
>then

Underage Master Baiting Faggot detected, thread hidden and discarded.
Proceeding to decontamination shower, queuing up sleep-cycle.

This is what I consider the most influential of the decade, you'll notice I changed the text.
Betty was arguably at her apex in the 1930's.

he can't because he's just an underaged masturbator

Porky Pig never jumped shark like Betty, Popeye will be a runner up however.
Bugs Bunny >Tom and Jerry
Bugs Bunny came out in the 40s with A Wild Hare and his best cartoons were done by Bob Clampett who left Warners by 1946, by the 1950s Bob Clampett was doing Time for Beany so it's moot.
Scooby Doo came out in 1969.
Tiny Toons is a much bigger deal then South Park.
Laura Haruna is a much bigger deal then SpongeBob.
Love Live is a much bigger deal then Adventure Time.

is TMSguy the same guy who used to drawfag incredibly bad drawings that were basically jumbles of squiggles and claim what he was drawing was "professional quality" or was that some other autist?

was meant for

>LITERALLY WHO THE FUCK ARE THOSE TWO?
Laura Haruna and Nozomi Tojo, watch this youtube.com/watch?v=g1p5eNOsl7I
>And the fucking elephant in the room: where is Spongebob?
Laura Haruna is a much bigger deal.

why should i care about silvagunner

That was the Simpsons Asian Baby guy.

youtube.com/watch?v=7VcYz6KZtqs

>Tiny Toons is a much bigger deal then South Park.
Then why is South Park still going and Tiny Toons only a memory to 90s kids?
>Laura Haruna is a much bigger deal then SpongeBob
I have no idea who the fuck Laura Haruna is, but everybody knows SpongeBob. Motherfucker's got movies, theme park rides, video games, and been on the air for almost 20 years.
>Love Live is a much bigger deal then Adventure Time
Again, what the fuck is Love Live? I don't even like Adventure Time, but even I know it's a big fucking deal to some people.

>literally who anime chicks
No-one knows about your obscure waifus user

neat, music remixes. why does this validate his opinion?

Betty was a far bigger deal than Porky in the 30's
Tom and Jerry had a shit-ton of high quality shorts in the 40's, over a hundred of them
Bugs and Crew were at their apex in the 1950's
Scooby Doo ran through the entirety of the 1970's, it's most influential decade
>Tiny toons is more important than
Sorry, the rest of your post is delusional garbage.

fuck, i forgot about all of the spongebob merchandising.
ya boy spongebob is the modern day mickey mouse, nothing compares.

>Why is South Park still going?
Because South Park is as cheap as fuck to make, normies know about Tiny Toons by heart.
>Who is Laura Haruna?
You need to get out of under that rock and see the impact she had on the Industry, pic related.
>What is Love Live?
Watch this youtube.com/watch?v=g1p5eNOsl7I

TMSfag at it again

report, hide and ignore.

>Tracey Ullman shorts.
And there was some fans. But it was never important. The series made it famous that was 89`s.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Simpsons
>In 1992, Tracey Ullman filed a lawsuit against Fox, claiming that her show was the source of the series' success. The suit said she should receive a share of the profits of The Simpsons[32]—a claim rejected by the courts.

Or do you see the shorts rebroadcasted? No, because it wasnt till the series. Court agrees with me.

>The 50s had excellent cartoons (pic related).
>Character-who-suffers-all-the-time suffering cartoon
Are you sure you don't mean glorious Rabbit rampage master race?

youtube.com/watch?v=INNCnyLwDy0
By the time Porky shown up Betty jumped shark.
Tex's MGM cartoons were better then Tom & Jerry, that does not mean that they were bad or anything in fact they were excellent but Blitz Wolf > Puss Gets the Boot.
No, that was Chuck Jones who was at his apex in the 50s, Bugs' apex was in the 40s though Bob Clampett.
Scooby Doo came out in 1969.

And nothing about that is delusional garbage.
Laura Haruna puts him to shame however.

>normies know about Tiny Toons by heart
OK then, ask any "normie" born past 95 about it. They couldn't tell you about it, but they could sure as shit tell you about South Park and it's impact. Did Tiny Toons ever stir up controversy the way South Park does like every other year?
>pic related
What? Some art you pulled off Deviantart? That's your reasoning for defending this Laura Haruna chick? I don't even see her on there.

They know, The show was still being reran on Nick & Kids WB at the time.

Tumblr actually.

>Laura Haruna puts him to shame however.
HOW!? How does she put one of the most iconic animated children's television characters of the past two decades to shame?

SpongeBob is NOT the most iconic animated children's television characters of the past two decades, that was Laura Haruna.