Saga #49 Storytime

Story timing Saga because this was a really good fucking issue.

Other urls found in this thread:

www74.zippyshare.com/v/2vUincOm/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Saga 049 (2018) (digital) (Minutemen-Thoth)
www74.zippyshare.com/v/2vUincOm/file.html

got a lot of nsfw pages this issue

Is the story winding down?

no, in fact shit is getting ready to hit the fan in a big way

hey hey, a page I don't have to hide

I'll never understand why the drawing of a dick is nsfw.

and back to nsfw

because of prudish religious based american laws

>bullshit hero's journey
>not even the star of you own story
>you're a goddamned black hole

Vaughan really despises the fact that most people like Will more than the other lame leads.

being Prince Robot is suffering

literally every single fucking character is more interesting than Marko and Alana

there should seriously be an official term for when supporting characters become more popular than the main character

and we should be done with nsfw pages

>wanting tvtropes shit

Take a hike.

>skulking Prince Robot eavesdropping in the hadows

surely not a sign of the great horrors to come

He's Prince Robot though. He can't do anything right.

>except it isn't

Holy shit someone finally acknowledges how stupid and irrelevant the story of two nobodies from opposite sides of the war having a kid is in the grand scheme of stopping a war. Wish the diplomat and most of the other characters would’ve actually realized this earlier without going into the ‘no it’s actually really important even though you say it’s not important’ routine the one or two times it did come up. It seems almost like lampshading the fact this point so late in the story.

Why were their bubbles like that? Gay speech or something?

they come from an underwater society, they are speaking telepathically

didn't one of the higher ups mention in issue 1 that they are scared shitless of it becoming public knowledge that the species can create off spring which would have ramifications on the war effort because apparently not being able to create half breeds is one of the driving issues of the war?

>well you are your mother's daughter

also, why the fuck is Ghus wearing thermal PJ's, he's a fucking seal type alien entity, he should have sufficient natural blubber to be perpetually warm

Cute.

and here's where everything starts to go tits up

>why the fuck is Ghus wearing thermal PJ's
because its fucking adorable as shit

>XXXX years in the future
>people still confide their deepest darkest secret to their prostitutes

>didn't one of the higher ups mention in issue 1 that they are scared shitless of it becoming public knowledge that the species can create off spring which would have ramifications on the war effort because apparently not being able to create half breeds is one of the driving issues of the war?

I've read the parts of Saga that might have had that a dozen times and that is not one of the reasons. There was only a vague implication that Wreath's high command saw Hazel in a prophecy (that's apparently not true because Hazel said so). And Batwing Landfallian guy's story is all over the place whenever he talks to people about why Landfall cares about them. At first he says it's because Marko might've been a spy and that Alana was a dangerous agent of some kind but both have been proven to be untrue.

What constantly comes up in most conversations regarding how Hazel is important is the implication that two random lowly soldiers from opposite sides of the war are somehow an indication that both sides of the war are in cahoots with one another and that fact can can somehow change the minds of millions of people instead of being considered traitorous nobodies and degenerates like any normal person would consider them to be.

damn
good page

and that's that

I'm not posting the q&a's

also I really like this page, it's simple, yet it effectively shows the fucking madness of this entire clusterfuck of a situation he's about to create.

Place your bets everyone.

A) The Transmutation is bullshit and they were actually killing off the people instead of protecting them
B) It’s real but Petrichore and TV man and son don’t take it because ‘my body and identity is special and unique and perfect the way it is’, your typical love and acceptance moral story of the day.
C) They take it and get written off the comic.

Way to twist and overgeneralize what ‘break my heart’ means. How the hell does this asshole, that Hazel seems not to like or care about, leaving break her heart? Hazel’s had people closer to her die or leave and yet THIS is what breaks her heart?

Wait, so is the The Will after a weight loss plan?

I don't think Hazel was talking about Robot breaking her heart so much as he's about to royally mind fuck Petri and his son with this selfish as fuck decision

>I'm not posting the q&a's
Why not?

Eh, it seems more of a direct callback to the first issue where Hazel said, 'many men have pursued me, but only one managed to break my heart'

because I'm slow cooking some pork and I'd rather it not dry out

perhaps Squire does that as a result of doing some shit because of what his old man is about to do

Then why is he doing this if he doesn't want to?

because he is madly in love with Petri and she won't stay with him because of the species difference, he thinks she will stick around of they change species

>perhaps Squire does that as a result of doing some shit because of what his old man is about to do
That's what I'm hoping but considering Prince was the sole focus of the pages and pictures that those particular lines of narration covered I'm fairly certain she's referring to him.

He wants to be happy with Petranny who earlier said that they couldn't and wouldn't be a thing in the future so this is probably a way of securing that relationship.

>she

Because he's desperate to cling on to what he perceives to be his final chance of happiness, but at the same time he knows in his heart of hearts that what he's doing is a bad idea that's gonna destroy the lives of his son and the ones he loves.

Like the comic says; the screens will show how the character truly feels, even if they refuse to admit it.

We must have a Ghus plush

> this was a good issue
it fucking wasn't, Robot and Will continue to get shittier and by the looks of it we will have to suffer Petrichor for yet another damn arc.

>shitty people make shitty life choices that ultimately make their lives shittier
>in other news water is wet

God fucking damn Hazel.

At least them being antagonists was entertaining, now they're both so pathetic their only value left is how they will die to fullfill another character's arc.

Not that user, but people tend to get pissy when an author makes the characters they like be stupid shits while the author's pet(s) get off scott free. Even more so when there's the implication that the author is only making those characters be shitty and/or have shitty lives just out of spite while keeping ones they hate around out of favoritism rather than a good story reason. I mean what even was the point of Petrichor? The romance with Prince came out of nowhere and now is just a plot device.

And to be fair, BKV does have a habit of impulsively taking the tragic route whenever he can because of his obsessive desire to make his stories more 'authentic' because 'REAL LIFE DOESN'T HAVE HAPPY ENDINGS, MAAAAAN'.

Which honestly, you shouldn't be surprised by anymore if you've ever read anything by BKV.

>The romance with Prince came out of nowhere and now is just a plot device.
It's even more jarring because Prince not able to get it up due to PSTD was treated as a very big deal to the point he almost got killed over it, and now he suddenly has amazing sex with Pretrichor because... he loves her?

Fidget Spinners.

I'm honestly not. The way he writes just really irritates me. It doesn't have enough contempt for and trolling of the audience to be funny/intentionally ironic since he tries to appeal to a shit ton of people and pander, but at the same time he let's his own personal agenda get in the way of pleasing the audience. I'm not saying all authors try to or should pander, but Vaughnan's plot/writing process seems more like that of a teenager's where he desperately want to be as edgy as possible, wants people to like his story often through virtue signaling, and hates it when you don't like their favorite oc's, likely because said ocs might be a self insert to a degree.

That's kinda why I'm hesitant to read more from him even when people say they like Runaways and Y the lastman.

Yet here I am, sadly.

Not to mention Petrichor went from perfectly fine and trying to get away from those rednecks in the last arc to 'let me go I wanted to die and for them to kill me'. There was practically no chemistry or indication that Prince or Petri were interested in each other until one gut worm drink later. I was honestly expecting the black centaur to get with Petri, and that would have made more sense.

I can say with confidence that Vaughnan's just making shit up for Petri as he goes and is trying desperately to make Petrichor relevant.

I think the worst part is that Petri and Prince DO have a lot in common, it has just been handled in the shittiest way possible. If instead they had focused on the fact that they're both racist veterans who lost people to the war and got nothing to show for it, they could have bonded over it instead of arguing about poetry. Hell, Prince's dreams about Princess show he likes strong willed women, instead of having him jerk off to Alana for more drama, it could have been Princess morphing into Petri in his dreams to show he's falling for the "take no shit" attitude that he liked in Princess.

>Haven't read saga since death of The Brand, wonder what's going on
>Prince robot now takes it up the as from a prison dicklady

I'm mad, not livid, but mad

Bizarre question but what 'ethnicity' is Marko? I think Brian said the two leads weren't white but Marko looks white as fuck and not very asian either.

>That's kinda why I'm hesitant to read more from him even when people say they like Runaways and Y the lastman.
Don't. Haven't read Runaways, but as I said, he's got a hard-on for tragic endings, even when they come at the expense of a satisfying conclusion. If there is one thing that Y: The Last Man and Ex Machina is good at, it's demonstrating how a shitty ending can actually ruin a series retroactively.

>Prince robot now takes it up the ass
>from a dicklady
I’m ok with this.

Remember when we thought that all the sex stuff was leading up to him revealing he was gay and that's why his father disliked him? How did we end up with something worse than that?