Our Navy seems to be spending a lot on new ships and equipment lately

Our Navy seems to be spending a lot on new ships and equipment lately.

>2 Super Carriers (Most advanced 5th gen fighters)
>6 Type 45's (Most advanced anti-aircraft vessel)
>8 Type 26's (Most advance anti-submarine vessel)
>6 Type 31's (Most advanced anti-ship vessel)
>7 Astute Class' (Most advanced silent submarine)
>5 Dreadnought-class' (Most advanced nuclear submarine)
>9 River Class' (Most cute anti-immigration vessel)

Is there an upcoming naval war that we need to know about?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/15/royal-navy-to-lose-anti-ship-missiles-and-be-left-only-with-guns/
defensenews.com/story/defense/naval/2015/11/03/congress-forbes-courtney-stackley-moore-navy-naval-aircraft-carriers-ford-kennedy-enterprise-gap-middle-east-centcom-pacom/75119168/
nato.int/nato_static_fl2014/assets/pdf/pdf_2016_07/20160704_160704-pr2016-116.pdf
navytimes.com/story/military/2015/07/30/richardson-hearing-confirmation-senate-mccain-gillibrand/30882305/
nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/us-navys-dangerous-carrier-shortage-the-pacific-14848
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Where did we get the money from. Didn't the department for defence moan about us not having enouff anti ship missiles for the next 2 years

think its the normal thing to wine to try and get attention.

they have plenty of those new modular missiles

We secretly scrapped Trident due to the fact its location is classified at all times anyway.

No one can find the sub when it doesn't actually exist.

are those anti shipping missiles tho,

Plus never heard of the type-31 before. why do we need two types of frigates

that makes us smart

Type 31 is basically the same as type 26 but lighter

Arctic sea melting, uncovering untapped resources.

England's dedication to it's Navy is the sole reason why it was a colonial power and one of the reasons why it still exists to this day.

>Britannia
>Not wanting to Rule the Waves again

I believe in you dad!

found this, it looks smaller too

Bros for lyfe

Oh shit.

You lads aren't thinking of revoking the whole, statute of westminster thing, right?

RULE BRITANNIA

Only white male is british guy

You just sold missiles

obs didn't read the fine print.

We're taking Gondor back

Is that from RT?

no
rule britannia rule the waves

agreed

where is it from

Are you Brits reforming the Empire?

Can we join back?

you can but you have to make your ships look pretty like ours

get back to 80% of one ethnicity and we'll talk.

22 replys and no one mention of a Ramp

Wouldn't it be easier to type 'The Telegraph'

What is even the point of Aircraft Carriers anymore now that a stealth missle cruiser 1/50th the cost can BTFO it from 100 miles away

We're still friends, r-right?

it's a mobile base of operations.
That's invaluable.

It fits with the reshuffling of power that is going on the world right now. Trump will no longer let other nations freeload on the NATO. Russia is developing their navy again. England is turning its back towards the EU. A strong navy seems like a amart move for an Island Nation to me.

But, don't exaggerate the procurement of ships either. Most of it is just replacement of older vessels which were from the late '80's and early 90's. It's not that the British fleet is actually expanding that much, save for those two carriers, those are a nice upgrade.

for bombing brown people i guess

We're an island. All we need is a decent navy and some good anti-missile tech and we're untouchable.

Its western strategy, for force projection against ragheads.

only counties capable of building a 'stealth missile cruiser' don't want to sink a Nato aircraft carrier.

Plus the western countries have countermeasures to combat long range anti ship missiles that the Russians rely on.

Type 45 class an track 1000 aerials threats up to 400km away.

Sure, It seems like the Argie media and politicians obsess over 'those islands' more than the Brits do.

Sure. Stop by for a visit sometime.

>Most cute anti-immigration vessel

To clarify this. We still have Anti air missiles, it's Harpoon and a heli launched anti ship missile that are being retired before their replacements are ready (10 years for harpoon)

But, we are buying P8s from America with their "current armament" namely harpoon block II, better than the block I ones we are retiring and, as we are still fitting harpoon launchers on ships, I imagine we will be buying Harpoon IIs from USA until a replacement is ready

>most advanced 5th gen fighters
A literal 1.5 trillion dollar flying windows xp

>Long family history of military service in both US and UK
>Grandmother's father(Dad's side) was a Major of the Scots Guard
>Dad's dad was a Captain in the Royal Canadian Navy
>2xGreat Grandfather(mother) was a Union General
>Mom's dad was a Colonel in US Air Force
>Uncle (Mom's brother) was a Green Beret
>3 cousins are marines

I regret not continuing the family tradition of military officers, but my parents heavily discouraged it (muh IEDs). But I get why they did it and ultimately it was my choice not to but still wish I had.

Navy seems a fairly safe option imo

Can other countries even compete with our naming conventions?

You can't keep using Cold War garbage forever. War changes and you will be left behind.

HMS Vengence
>Safe by my strength
Last of the vanguard ballistic nuclear missile submarines

>rule britannia rule the waves

Do you want me to post a picture the Kuznetsov and its tugboat?

This one looks sick not gonna lie, at least as long as it doesn't crash into ships.

>mfw we never had nuclear weapons, we just pretended this whole time

>launchable aircraft consist exclusively of F-35Bs meme planes and only 40 at that.

>Such a lack of capable pilots that burgers literally will have to crew the ship for a period of time.

>Not enough Navy rotary wing pilots, Army will be forced to fly helicopters for a Navy ship

>Diesel power plant

>A FUCKING RAMP

How is this a super-carrier? Even Russia's nigger tier aircraft carrier, the Admiral Kuznetsov is better than this piece of shit.

As always the Eternal Anglo gearing to start shit up, color me surprised.

Super Carriers (Most advanced 5th gen fighters)
>Ramp
>Gas engine
>Supercarrier?
Wew lad

>Navy seems a fairly safe
True. It was the branch they were the most willing to let me pursue, but anything smaller than a carrier made 6-8 months at sea seem like a nightmare to me.

>Stuffed into an Abrams for 12-20 hours a day?
>No problem
>Eagle scout so don't mind the idea of backpacking in Tatooine
>Pic related for 4-8 years?
>AT SEA
>nope.jpeg

Realize officers get their own quarters, but still. Cabin fever in two weeks tops.

do those sloped decks actually make it stealthy? or just to look cool meanwhile its more hazardous for the sailors who have to go out there..

aww please

The govt just announced our ships will be without missiles :(

A little more stealthy, but I can't see how its more hazardous to sailors

Rule Britiannia and Her Majesty's Royal Navy.

so they're basically for show and no use in a real war..

if you have to go out there to do maintenance on the gun, or just to paint it etc..

Carriers are a meme anyway, slow expensive whale just waiting to get btfo when the opponent actually has a competent military threat.

Submarines are the prudent investment.

russia and navy it's like britannia and land forces

thats why they always travel with a battle group dingus

you never get anywhere near the carrier

Real supercarriers are the fastest traditional hulled ships in existence.

Still don't see why its more hazardous, the parts where the sailors my be are railed off still.

For a nation only concerned with the immediate defense of its' own waters sure, but for a country to project power across the globe. Carriers are still an effective and worthwhile investment.

Submarine aircraft carrier when?

That's a big ship...

lots of jet fuel on a pressurised underwater vessel

No thank you

Why didn't you brits build that aircraft carrier out of ice

The picture of refueling you ment. Britain on a spending lies about russian war actions since 1853.

this time your government got no Kaiserreich to blame for an useless spending on a big fleet. maybe blame the russians for having 5 fishing boats too many?

UK, Poland, Greece and France were the only countries that spent the 2% of GDP on the military as required by the EU.

Everyone else doesn't give a fuck because they just hide behind the US military. Of course now they're shitting their pants with Trump threatening to pull out and forcing countries to 'pay their fair share'. In the Netherlands the military has been completely gutted. Tanks sold, planes sold or scrapped, no new recruitment. Total joke.

Global warming, and we can use it in the med

Good news. I want old good foe's Navy feeling well. Eventually, we got to fucking test pic related, don't we?

Americans, we cannot let the british out spend us

We need airship carriers

>required by the EU.

You mean required by NATO

It has a range of like 5km.

Telegraph.
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/15/royal-navy-to-lose-anti-ship-missiles-and-be-left-only-with-guns/

So there is no gap? That's not the impression I got from the article above.

Force projection. Ask the Argies.

At almost 80,000 tonnes she will be the largest warship outside of the US nimitz carrier
Thanks to British Engineering she has the world leading weapon handling system (HMWHS) which allows a ship of this size to be crewed with under 1000 people, while the nimitz need 5000.
The F-35b is more advanced than any carrier based plane in existence, can carry more payload and fly farther than what is currently in use.
We have plenty of pilots, she is due to set sail for sea trials in a few months and when she is fully commissioned she will have her full airwing.
We are buying 140 F-35B's, she can carry a maximum of around 70-80.

There is literally nothing wrong with ramp, which is why every nation on earth use them.
>A fucking ramp
is just a meme that's been repeated so much people actually believe it.
>Nuclear power
For every active nuclear powered carrier you need 3 more in refit/refuelling/traveling. This is why the US Navy only have two active carriers when it has 10 total, because you lack the 11th you will actually have a carrier gap coming soon where you will only have one carrier on station.
10 Nuclear carriers
1 active.
Fuck the nuclear carrier meme.
>There is no US carrier operating today in the Middle East, a situation that is the product of several years of high-tempo operations and the need to catch up on major maintenance put off to sustain that pace. Carriers have been absent from Central Command's operating area before — the last time was in 2007 — but this particular gap has caught a lot of people's attention, even more so as the Navy has warned that another gap will occur in 2016 in the Pacific operating area.
defensenews.com/story/defense/naval/2015/11/03/congress-forbes-courtney-stackley-moore-navy-naval-aircraft-carriers-ford-kennedy-enterprise-gap-middle-east-centcom-pacom/75119168/

>France
France is not spending 2%, it's spending 1.8% currently.
nato.int/nato_static_fl2014/assets/pdf/pdf_2016_07/20160704_160704-pr2016-116.pdf

So what?

They never said who they are quoting,
'One Naval source said'

typical cry-baby stuff to get more funding

What about estonia?

How you gonna get close enough to use it.

>not counting Eesti

wtf m8

You don't have missials anymore, remember?

Well, I will ask Sup Forums for radio silence.

Says who? 'One Naval source' from the telegraph

It would have more weight if it actually named the source, perhaps some member of parliament, the Ministry of defence or BAE.

>When the carrier Theodore Roosevelt leaves the Persian Gulf this fall, U.S. Central Command will be without a flattop for as long as two months even as airstrikes continue against the so-called Islamic State militants-2015
navytimes.com/story/military/2015/07/30/richardson-hearing-confirmation-senate-mccain-gillibrand/30882305/

>The U.S. Navy is facing a looming shortage of aircraft carriers in the Western Pacific and the Middle East this year going without an aircraft carrier for months.
>“There is no easy way to take a ten-carrier force and operate it like you have sixteen, at some point the wheels will come off the cart.”
>In recent years the U.S. Navy’s carrier force has shrunk to only ten ships. The Navy is required to operate eleven carriers by law, but the Pentagon applied for a waiver to keep only ten ships in service. Congress granted the Navy’s request for a waiver in 2013 when USS Enterprise (CVN-65) was deactivated after more than fifty years of service.
>The gap between Enterprise’s retirement and Ford’s entry into service is much longer than anyone had anticipated. “It was supposed to be a fourteen-month gap at ten carriers and now the gap will be almost eight years
nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/us-navys-dangerous-carrier-shortage-the-pacific-14848

>m-muh f-flat t-tops

>Is there an upcoming naval war that we need to know about?

Obviously. Why else would the Powers That Be install a clueless right winger into the White House again?

Hope you kids are as excited about being drafted as you were about the Brexit and Trump's election.

>Not wanting to serve in the Navy to hunt down and destroy the french (or ISIS or whatever) onboard a ship filled with the salt of the earth type of lads.

Honestly I don't see why the island can't be autonomous and protected by both our nations while we let the island itself do whatever it wants

The Falklands are autonomous you spoon, but they are British and are dependent.

>2 Super Carriers (Most advanced 5th gen fighters)
>6 Type 45's (Most advanced anti-aircraft vessel)
>8 Type 26's (Most advance anti-submarine vessel)
>6 Type 31's (Most advanced anti-ship vessel)
>7 Astute Class' (Most advanced silent submarine)
>5 Dreadnought-class' (Most advanced nuclear submarine)
>9 River Class' (Most cute anti-immigration vessel)

Oh these how many are new?

Fuck didn't realise we're building out navy again, kek

Because the islanders are british and don't want anything to do with the argies except for trade.
Because the argies can't protect anything if they tried.
Because the falklands are in a strategic location for access around south America as well as a stopping off point to Antarctica

You should know. It's Bong tradition to have a strong navy.

under rated joke kek

The two carriers are new, the first one goes to sea trials in March
The type 45's are all new, the last two were launched in 2013
The type 26's are starting production in 2017 same with the type 31's
The astutes are still being produced, with another 3-4 to go
The dreadnoughts are in the planning phase as they were officially approved this year
The river class are still being produced, we're in batch 2 right now

Fucking hell lad..

What are we planning?

>nogunz