Miles

I don’t understand the purpose of this character anymore.

They made him exactly like Peter but he’s worse in every regard.

They forced him into the main 616 universe thus taking away hiswhole reason for becoming Spider-Man in the first place. It’d be like if Uncle Ben never died for Peter, so he would never become what he is today.

So he’s Peter Lite, with a worthless origin story, no rogue gallery, and now that Peter is going back to status quo he doesn’t even have a place on the street level.

Why does this character exist anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UCzrB6IkY18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

to appeal to the urban market

race baiting for sjws and blacks

i know he's apparently latino too but that fucker is as black as they come with a white filling

>It’d be like if Uncle Ben never died for Peter, so he would never become what he is today.

But that's what the MCU is doing and it's fine.

Uncle Ben dead my nigga.

oh why's there gotta be 2 The Flash

Why is there 3 Wolverines

why is there like 7 Green Lanterns

fucking dumb shit, want to know how I know you don't read comics?

>want to know how I know you don't read comics?
Because you're an unpaid nuMarvel intern, and this is all you're capable of regurgitating.

Marvel didn't really think it through. I could be wrong, but I think Bendis had to scrap his original plans for Miles because Marvel wanted the Ultimate universe to be destroyed so that Secret Wars wouldn't be entirely pointless, but had Miles brought over the the main universe because they knew that they'd get a lot of shit for killing off the black Spider-Man. They didn't think far enough ahead to work out how Miles' new existence would make sense, but thanks to the "eight years later" shit, they got away with just having everyone act like he'd always been there without any explanation.

Right now, I think his main appeal is to people who want Spider-Man to be black and/or a teenager.

He's superior to Peter in every way. He black so he's as physically strong as Spider-Man before he even gets spider powers himself . He has a family, Peter just had a retarded uncle and an aunt. He has friends that aren't 1 dimensional. He doesn't have a bully like flash because nobody is gonna fuck with him. He's as smart if not smarter. He also saved the marvelverse with a burger

Should've made him Pete's sidekick and given him a different name.

do black nerds even like him?

The name change may be coming, but assuming this doesn't just lead to yet another case of everyone assuring Miles that he deserve to be called Spider-Man every bit as much as Peter, I guess they didn't do it right way out of concern that people only liked him because he was Spider-Man and would lose interest if he got an identity of his own. I do wish we'd gotten to see him training/bonding with Peter, though. They haven't interacted all that much since Secret Wars ended, and Tony became more of a mentor to Miles, probably because Marvel were trying to make him their new mascot at the time.

>"eight years later"
months.

>He has friends that aren't 1 dimensional.
That's one way of calling Ganke fat.

Ah, that's right. It still feels like a convenient excuse to not explain anything about his new backstory.

His suit has pockets. He's....Miles ahead of Pete

What's funny is that Bendis very deliberately killed off Peter Parker before bringing in Miles so that he wouldn't be "the black Spider-Man", he would just be Spider-Man, albeit in an alternate universe. He wasn't aiming for John Stewart, Bendis wanted him to be Wally West.

As soon as the Ultimate line folded, Miles's original purpose was lost and he became a redundant character. He's only around now because he and Ms Marvel are the only diversity characters that actually made a bit of lasting impact.

What I don't get is why Bendis made him so fucking similar to Peter. Same teenage angst, same guilt complex, same quippy humor. Except by the time Miles came around Bendis was already well past his prime so he was basically Peter but shittier. Why invite the comparison by making him so similar in the first place?

>exactly like Peter but he’s worse in every regard.
>worse in every regard.
>Black instead of white
Wow racist much
youtube.com/watch?v=UCzrB6IkY18

He's teen Spider-man.

That is what Marvel has wanted for so long. The problem is that he's written by Bendis and Waid. Now that Bendis is leaving we'll see if they can actually do something with him.

>He black so he's as physically strong as Spider-Man before he even gets spider powers himself

embarassing

>3 Wolverines
Something like six actually

>He's as smart if not smarter. He also saved the marvelverse with a burger

That is debatable. It could be reeds that save the marvel universe. But, he wanted to stop Doom and create universes. While miles created his own universe.

No he is not.
He might been stronger before geting the powers, because he was normal kid and not a bookworm like Peter. But Peter's Spider was strong. The only thing superior ir Miles the que overpower Suddend death finger he got.
>smarter
No way.

He's got a pretty cool suit.

Uncle Ben doesn't exist in MCU.

Yes. He’s okay just not excellent so i won’t disparage their liking him either.

I’d be excited if someone came along and made his book good for once.

The Black Spider-Man

>without Bendis he'll be good!
Every time with this. Did you know Miles was also written by Hastings and Fiffe, and he was still just as fucking boring as always?

Yes, he does. The reference him more than once, they just never bothered to show him getting shot

He was Bendis selfinsert but now he's leaving so I hope they kill of this Gary Stu

Nope, the only black people that like him don't read comics but like him solely because he's black. Honestly I liked him at first but I was soured on him a bit after Bendis brought Ult Peter back just to have him fuck off and tell Miles he's the new Spider-Man and I started to outright dislike him by the time he was brought over to 616.

The point is that he's black Spider-man you racism fuck. Does his existence piss you off that much Mr. KKK?

You're a stupid bitch and should be sterilized

>yost
>kelly
>tfw slott actually wrote a pretty good miles

He has a cool suit but Miles Never really grew too much on me.

No, Kong is Bendis' self-insert.

He even dated Kitty

That's because Bendis' was still in control of how other writers used him.

Just like Jessica Jones