Frozen and Wreck it Ralph are getting sequels

>Frozen and Wreck it Ralph are getting sequels

Why? The stories felt finished and their universe were explored. Zootopia is the only Disney Movie that could fit more movies without repeating it's premise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YbmQVDRKTmM
youtube.com/watch?v=-_4LhiX8ha0
youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms
youtube.com/watch?v=SkJGLCleFmI
youtube.com/watch?v=QEETYWq-MGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dude, Toy Story repeated its premise 2 times.

also Zootopia is for furfags, we aint touching that shit again.

You know why.

Press F to pay respects.

The same guy who directed Zootopia is doing Wreck it Ralph 2

he only added some jokes to Zootopia

user do you not like money? there are two ways this could have happened
>a writer or producer really fucking loved the movies and wanted to play in the universe more

>kids like it, kids=money, money=more coke and Asian hookers, so an executive did the math and boom.

Frozen needs to be doctored. Elsa's too interesting to not explore.

Wreck-it Ralph would have been interesting if it explored future incarnations of video game characters over the years.

BTW Is Big Hero 6 also getting a sequel?

what would that be about, eh?

Oh come the fuck on you know why.

Wreck it Ralph 2 look like it might be a major stinker based on a teaser. Hopefully they won't cancel Zootopia 2 due to connection.

>Zootopia 2

youtu.be/YbmQVDRKTmM

Corporate greed. What else?

Because money, obviously. Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph each grossed over a billion dollars at the box office.

WiR was successufl but it didnt gross over 1b, Zootopia did.

they expected it to fly under radar because it was a movie literally flipped inside out.

And it's going to flop if they are focusing so much on shit that Emoji Movie was focusing on.

i'd like zootopia 2 to just be a lighthearted buddy cop movie. there's enough going on to have that.

i just want Wilde Times to return

Rich Moore is just a figure head. The real brain behind Zootopia was that gay guy Byron Howard

I want Zootopia 2 to be about someone else besides Judy and Nick. They can make a cameo in it, but I want to see what else is going on in the city besides cops.

he is so based

youtube.com/watch?v=-_4LhiX8ha0

I used to play this game OP, called Game Dev Tycoon. Cheap little game, picked it up for like $3. In it, you play a game developed, all the way from NEET to executive
You start the game curious a little; making games you yourself like in real life, old text based style. Then you graduate to the basics of graphics, etc etc.
Well in this game you can make sequels, build hype, random events let you do stuff for fans; you get the gist. Sometimes you would make a game and just throw it out there; no regard for it. It's a safe genre that you one makes decent cash. Sometimes one of these cookie cutter clones would do REALLY well; so, you decide to pump out a clone and call it a sequel. Hype it up a bit to take in some more cash. Can you even remember the name? No. Because it's a statistic, it's just a little number on your massive list of numbers that happned to do better than the others. Why? Who cares. They liked it and that means a sequel will do good too.
That's what Disney is OP. These aren't movies to them, these aren't works of art, there's no such thing as kino or heart; these are products, and if the market reacts positively you put more products like it to maximise profit. They don't care about the storyline or if something beautiful becomes something shit; they'll move on the the next one.
They do these sequels because they're safe investments for product, user. Nothing more, nothing less.

The universe in Crush it Carl was barely explored at all. 90% of it took place in one game.

Its a shame they buthered his original story for a more generic "wreck it ralph 2" themed jokes about iphone and Shakira

The main characters were too weak to explore the topic of video games. Not to mention the movie is made by casual old timers who only recognise the mobile games and memes.

Frozen is literally the highest-grossing Disney animated movie of all time, why wouldn't they make a sequel?

i know, that collar plot was very unique, but gisnep prefers to make shekels than tell uncomfortable truths

youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms

> Frozen and Wreck it Ralph are getting sequels
Because money.
> the stories felt finished
stop. These are art-like merchandise products. These aren't performances, they're businesses.

It's all about pleasing investors. and investors don't take risk they only want sure-fire hits. You give them a copy of something that already succeeded, that's enough to convince them you have a sure-fire hit.
\

Feel bad for this guy who wanted soemthing different and Disney turned it into "Force is Female" power fantasy like they did with Star Wars. People still liked it mostly because of characters and overall fresh political message, but the premise and setting could have been much more. Original script was more about equality and racism than what we got.

Zootopia was succesfful because there was a huge unexplored niche of furry movies that was ignored since Robin Hood.

The original had much more potential. Zootopia today is like getting a donut when you don't expect anything, while the original script would have been like getting an entire cake and a party. Using a fresh furry concept and with a great story.

Zootopia and Big Hero 6 I could definitely see getting sequels.
I was actually really excited for Damage it Dan 2 until they revealed the retarded premise. I was hoping the sequel would capitalize on the gamey aspects that felt lacking in the first one, but so much for that.
Moana and Tangled don't need sequels. I could *maybe* see one for Moana if they explore the gods a little more.
Frozen feels unnecessary, and the last thing I want is the fucking hype around it to come back to life. Then again, that's why they're making it.

I've been thinking about this too. Zootopia had a big, well fleshed out world with loads of interesting concepts not used. Every time you watch it, there's the excitement of only scratching the surface and you want more.
It's second only to Avatar as the highest grossing film based on an original concept and there's still no sequel even being talked about.

Worst thing about it that every twitter cuck will talk about it and make memes like they do with Star Wars no matter how shitty and repetetive it is. I hate the nu-liberal modern society.

Will they end up being Disney's first ever successful sequels? Stay tuned.

I'm interested in hearing opinions about this, as most of my friends have been pretty split.
>Tangled
>Wreck-It Ralph
>Frozen
>Big Hero 6
>Zootopia
>Moana
Best one and worst one?

they all great.

You know Twitter is avoidable, right?

who's ready for mary poppins?

I feel like Zootopia will appear in 2020

From best to worst:
Zootopia
Tangled
Wreck-It Ralph
Moana
Frozen
Big Hero 6

They're all at least good.

Moana the worst, Zootopia the most original.

They would have announced something by now if that were the case. Also Byron is already working on some unnamed musical with the guy who did Hamilton. Zootopia the Musical?

but they already have Princess Leia

because Gazelle ruined the first movie so no one wants a second

>Zootopia is for furfags
>only furfags helped Zootopia reach over $1 billion

Simply ebin.

youtube.com/watch?v=SkJGLCleFmI
i cri everytime

is this loss?

Yes, but it's getting an animated series like Tangled did. It was announced in 2016. The first ep is already out.
youtube.com/watch?v=QEETYWq-MGs

You can be pretty sure Zootopia will get some sort of sequel, maybe also a sort of buddy cop tv series. But Frozen had to wait around 2 years for the sequel announcement, WiR waited 4 years iirc for the sequel announcement.

>ignored since Robin Hood
Kung-Fu Panda comes to mind. It wasn't ignored.

I liked Tangled the most, and I guess I liked Big Hero 6 the least, but still enjoyed it. I haven't seen Frozen or Moana though

Literally the first thing i saw too.

Zootopia best
BH6 worst
Frozen impacted me the hardest despite its numerous flaws

>art-like merchandise farms
they never stopped slapping FROZEN on merchandise even 2 years later, 4 years later.

>until they revealed the retarded premise
I'd forgive them if they ran through YouTube and found the Chinese Mickey and Elsa Eat Out of the Toilet videos

Why do people think the original script was actually going to be good. Disney's test group told them it was shit and children would hate it.
What we got was the best version economically and artistically.

derp

Nah nigga, i'm going to see Dumbo

>Disney's test group told them it was shit
leading to
>What we got was the best version economically and artistically.
I do not disagree with you about the "why would the original premise be better", but that line of reasoning is fundamentally broken; just look at what focus group testing has done to the """AAA""" video game industry.

Obviously, Disney cartoon movie makers so far had good luck with their test groups.

I do not dare to make assumptions about that, but from where I stand it seems like test groups are just one factor of many used to produce an informed decision based on years of experience. Naturally I may be wrong as I don't work for Disney but I think the main difference is that such groups are neither central nor made to recreate some CEOs opinion, which may be because unlike EA or Ubisoft, Disney is not run by the mentally deficient.

Why is it that in the entire history of rarely getting theatrical disney sequels, are we getting 2 of them back to back. Wreck it Ralph didn't even make that much money.

wasn't it actually pixar that told them it was garbage?

>Zootopia is the only Disney Movie that could fit more movies without repeating it's premise.
>Zootopia 1: the lives of furry creatures in a furry city that mirror every day human life
>Zootopia 2: the lives of furry creatures in a furry city that mirror every day human life
Made me think.

Zoo2pia?
2ootopia?

is this bait or is the general poster this retarded now?

The idea is that theres a whole city and different people/professions/regions that can be explored within the city.

You are dumb. Movies like Frozen are like Snow White and 7 Dwarfs. The story ended with happy ending and you don't need to know what happens with Snow White after that or with her marriage.

Zootopia was a setting with vast possibilites. We only followed two characters doing a buddy cop story about racism related message.

Zootopia 2 could be about bounty hunter Jynx in a cowboy hat hunting a criminal weasel and making a message about emigration or interracial adoptions.

*Lynx

>what is a plot

Unrelated, but remember Cinderella III? That was an oddly good movie. As in, it didn't have any right to be even decent.

Read Beastars

it was direct to video trash

yes, but it was actually alright. That's worth noting