Wow shitty americans cant even manage to vote properly

Wow shitty americans cant even manage to vote properly.

>The electoral collage litteraly doesn't help with anything.
>"Oh youre just complaining about it cuz trump won, is the best argument i have atm."
>"Nigger im canadian"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7wC42HgLA4k
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mad leaf. Neither candidate campaigned to win the popular, if they had Trump would have won in another landslide. Saged faggot.

Cool story bro, now lets get back to the electoral college. What does it achieve and how?

>inb4 TRUMP WOULDVE WON ANYWAY OK? STOP TELLING ME ABOUT THE POPULAR VOTE I DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT PLEASE STOP STOP I TELL YOU PLEASE!

Stop crying over the rules of a game you lost, leaf faggot.
>>"Nigger im canadian"
Irrelevant, faggot. USA's president affects you a lot more than any Canadian politician.

If the those zones voted against you, then most of america voted against you, Not a great point you are making. And it doesnt even make sure the other states are represented since if you managed to get the 11 biggest states you can disregard all the other and win. It literally achieves nothing.

why is it always a leaf who doesn't understand that we don't give a shit about what they think?

The electoral college is what you are defending here; not the result of the election.

We are a consitutional federal republic not a direct democracy, sorry leaf!

it's almost like human beings vote instead of land

This has literally nothing to do with how the elections are organized. You can be a "consitutional federal republic" and not have retarded flaws in your election system.

Most of america ignored the elections if you go by the numbers

Moreover, she didn't get 50% of the popular votes, which would warrant a second election in most european countries

people living in different parts of the country have different lifestyles and different interests
That means to win the candidates have to have the interests of many knods of people in mind

Producers are more important than consumers

Retard HillShills don't understand that the electoral college is the most fundamentally progressive method of democracy America has.

Fucking leaf.
You didn't even make an argument, you just attacked a straw man.

Is your brain permafrosted?

>straw mans! straw mans everywhere!
Are you implying i planted retards here? Or maybe i used a VPN to argue with my self? Or maybe shitty retards will just be retarded and not everything is a conspiracy.

Where is your argument, faggot? You didn't even try to make one, get the fuck out.

But the electoral college, DOES NOT ACHIEVE THAT, NOR IS IT MEANT TO. Candidates basically run to be president of florida, ohio and whatever else. Thats some great representation there.

Retarded leaf doesnt understand that a popular vote would work of the entire US was one state. If we did that now, NY and California would decide every vote.

At this point its got to be trolling, I cant accept that human beings can have the wherewithall to navigate the internet but not understand basic shit like equal representation

>Asspained leaf doesnt understand the difference between a pure democracy and a constitutional republic
Day of the Rake when?

Swing states change from election to election

Sort of but not really. Also swing states are cancerous and shouldn't even exist, red/blue states only exist because of insane gerrymandering.

Honest question. Is there any reason you type like a kid who just read Encyclopedia Dramatica for the first time?

Red and blue states exist because liberals like to live in cities. Take and put it up to a map of major cities, then put that next to a map of red and blue states. Swing states exist because the major cities of that states are lesser than other cities.

I will refer you to This is about the electoral college, not the election.

...what? Ill take it as a complement since im one of those french canadians who aint talk good english.

The more I see retarded Leafs posting here the more I want to leave this fucking confederation. Trudeau is already making it much, worse with his stupid liberal policies.

At the very least, watching this cuck get utterly wrecked by Donald Trump will be enjoyable even if the wrecking will also wreck me and my life.

Really considering joining a separation party Sup Forums if Canada doesn't want to have a national identity, then why should I even respect its right to exist?

Except for the fact it does. Trump won more states than Hillary, which is why he's president.

>liberals
Lets not argue the demographics of cities right now but not only libs live in cities, also that is not why the electoral college exists, maybe you think thats why but its not, because again you could win with only the biggest states. The electoral college lead to more representation at all.

i dont know about your grass but mine talks to me

>More states=More electoral votes
Thats not how that works, and there are other republics in this world and they do not have this electoral college issue, it is absolutely unnecessary and serves no purpose.

State sovereignty is the bed rock of much of the choices made during the ratification of the constitution: as was the case with the electoral college. It was put into place so that more populous states couldn't impose their will on less populated states.

I don't have to make an argument against "not an argument". You didn't form one, you are just crying about things you don't understand and name calling.
> things are dumb because maple nigger no understand.
Not my fault your sorry education left you unable to reason or to find information on your own.

I don't even know why I try. You maple niggers are so annoying.

>it is absolutely unnecessary and serves no purpose.
It ensures states like California, New York and Illinois arent in complete control of the direction of the nation. Conversely, it ensures states like Wyoming, Alaska and the Dakotas have a voice in our national elections.

Why isn't it one vote per state then?

Another quality LEAF thread.

Sage.

It's by congressional representation/senate representation so that more populous states are still given a sleight advantage, but not as much as would be in a popular vote scenario.

Fuck you Quebec, Vermont is actually pretty based outside of Chittenden county.

Why do we need 5 different threads on this topic

>It ensures states like California, New York and Illinois arent in complete control of the direction of the nation.
No it doesnt, if you won ony the 11 biggest states you would win the election. Oh and it also means that a vote from vermont is equal to 3 votes from texas, in EC votes. How does that make any kind of sense?

>disenfranchising midwest and southern states for more populous states
>not going to result in a civil war

the electoral college is the ONLY thing keeping the United States as one country

>Vermont
I like Vermont. Youre missing context on that pic.

>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF

Less likely than winning only three of the states and winning. It's not a perfect situation, but Federalism was the mantra to get the Constitution ratified.

>Candidates basically run to be president of florida, ohio and whatever else. Thats some great representation there.
CLINTON LOST BECAUSE SHE IGNORED THE MIDWEST

Yeah no that is not what is happening, you can fix the electoral collage and have the southern states being represented even better. You just lack the will to do so because some people as seen in this thread seem to think that things that dont make sense actually do. They dont. Just fix the electoral college ffs.

Not talking about the election, do you have something to say about the electoral college?

You fags elected trudeau

The Electoral College doesn't need defending from you, leaf. It's the Constitutional mechanism for electing the President.

Call for a Constitutional Convention if you want to change it.

How do you fix it in a way that each state gets at least some say in an election?

Because the government is made up of a collection of states?

Your argument should be to change the constitution and dissolve the states and expand the federal government to control everything.

>This has literally nothing to do with how the elections are organized

That is how the election is organized.

Federal power emanates from the states.

The states more or less vote in blocks via Electoral College, determined by plurality.

Trump won a plurality in 30 states, totaling 306 votes. Clinton won in 20 states, totaling 232.

Democracy. Federal republic. Constitution.

Yes, dipshit. The electoral college does encourage candidates to go to multiple states and regions as proven by the fact that Clinton lost by ignoring an entire region and trying to just be the president of Obama states.

>these faggots are still in denial

Someone translate?

Great contribution, lad!

So... he's ok.

Yeah ok I dont know that, but smarter people than me do know and can make it work.

>change the constitution
>dissolve the states
>expand the federal government
Holy shit did you just go alex jones on me? You have no idea what i am talking about, or what the constitution says about the electoral college (fuckall), and shouldnt take part in this discussions. go away.

Missed the post, wanted to reply to the "Would've won the popular vote anyway" one.

The point still stands though

>It literally achieves nothing.
It ensure that every election isnt solely decided by who can grab Cali/NY/Florida
Aka trying to get somewhat of a consensus between diverse people (Heh) instead of just doing lip service to corporation in the 2 biggest megalopoles so you can rape the mainland

Fun fact : Obama actually lost the popular vote during the 2008 primary and the situation was nearly similar to today : Hillary get all the big cities and Obama got the rest

>Yeah ok I dont know that, but smarter people than me do know and can make it work.
We have a 4.38:1 population to state power ratio (House:Senate). Should it be higher/lower/tossed out? If you're not going to acknowledge state sovereignty then anything you bring up will be immediately dismissed.

But see, i have no problem with the idea of what you want to achieve, at all. I am saying the electoral collage does not achieve, or even help in anyway. You can fix it, and make it work properly, but as it stands now the electoral college is fucked.

>We have a 4.38:1 population to state power ratio, state sovereignty
Wtf are you on about? I have no issue with state sovereignty, or do you see me as some kind of federalist invader? how about the fact that it takes 3x as many texans vote to match one vermonters vote, theres something wrong there is there not? And i dont see anybody campaining in either states (not seriously) so how about we fix that?

The electoral college prevents the 51% from completely ruling over the 49%.
The popular vote is irrelevant, because the people are not electing a president. The states are.

>it's a "Canadian thinks people living in flyover states don't need a voice in this election" thread

Protip, do you think states would have willingly joined this union if you told them they don't get a say in the election?

Well guys, this has been fun but i got to go.
Im just gonna leave this here tho:

youtu.be/7wC42HgLA4k

>I have no issue with state sovereignty
>how about the fact that it takes 3x as many texans vote to match one vermonters vote
Read your own post again. It's exactly because of state sovereignty that that happens.

It's a fusion of democracy and republicanism - the states hold elections decided through direct voting, and the state legislatures send delegates who vote for the president. Customarily, in the interest of this fusion, the states bind the voters to the will of the people (as the interest of the people living in the state is usually in the interest of the state).

The states decide the president, because he's the president of the states. The population of the states decide how the states vote.

The electoral collage allows for some measure of more equal representation to compensate for small states having diminished power in the house of representatives. It's still based on population though, so large states (with their increased tax revenue and economic output, population, etc.) are adjusted accordingly.

It's not perfect, obviously, but unless we want to drop the idea of the United States as a union of states, using something like the popular vote doesn't make sense.

>i got BTFO but i don't want you to think i did, toodles
Leaf range ban when?

in two months

>1 Vermonter's vote = 3 Texans
That makes sense though, Vermont is like 98% white while Texas is only 70%, of course their votes should be worth more.

>"Nigger im canadian"
Why care then

Here. Have this

>You can fix it, and make it work properly, but as it stands now the electoral college is fucked.

According to you.

The Day of the Rake is coming, leaf. You best be prepared.

It keeps the candidates from campaigning in The handful of states that would essentially decide the fate of the others

We live in the UNITED STATES. Everyone needs to be-represented, the college protects the election from pandering

>unless we want to drop the idea of the United States as a union of states, using something like the popular vote doesn't make sense.

That's exactly what the Dems want, though. They want a simple majority-rules-style untary state so they can manipulate the urban populations with media brainwashing and then rule the entire country with a constitution that can be changed at the drop of a hat.

It's meant to protect the minority, that's literally it's only purpose; why don't you care about the minority?

Faggot

^^^What he said.

Saged & hidden. OP is a faggot.

You cant honestly say the coasts are allowed to decide what happens 500+ miles away.

Let me guess, you're from one of the leftist hives that holds the rest of our country hostage politically? No wonder you don't understand the point of the electoral college.