Why is this so popular?

Not shitting on it, I just find it a little odd. The show itself isn't that funny

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r48HZAT4uOk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Standards for network comedy have fucking plummeted.

I don't know, but it's always come off as a little depressing to me. The show. Like, Bob just can't get ahead in life, and he's surrounded by these horrible people who don't help.

Maybe other people have a different opinion than you.

It fills in that bittersweet mature family sitcom void that was left after King of the Hill got canceled. Lord knows a Seth MacFarlane show wouldn't do it.

>has his dream job
>surrounded by family he loves dearly
>depressing
wut

Because what else is there on TV when it comes to adult cartoons?
The Simpsons and Family Guy have both been on autopilot for years. Adult Swim-type shock comedy and stoner humor both get old really quickly.
So if you want something different you pretty much have that and Rick & Morty. Which is precisely why both are doing as well as they are. When all your competition is either dying or never took off because it's all the same shit, all you need to do is be moderately good and you'll shine through.

It's a family sitcom that's not edgy or a sellout.

This.

It's not hilarious, but it is a funny and comfy show that appeals to a lot of people. And once in a while they have a brilliant episode.

Not to mention there is a greater emphasis on "family" in the show. Most adult animated shows involving families these days are usually about how the family itself is absolutely fucking broken and how the parents hate each other and the kids hate the parents. Because of that, any attempts at heartwarming moments in those shows fall flat because the rest of the episode makes a point to show that there is nothing but socipathic contempt between the characters.

Bobs Burgers, on the other hand, presents us with a family that is weird in a believable way, and the relationships between the characters are all based on a foundation of genuine love. When two members of the family are at odds, it's out of the norm and is swiftly resolved once they realize they've been acting terribly towards each other.

To put it simply, Peter and Lois Griffin hate each other. Homer and Marge Simpson have had multiple episodes indicating that they just don't work together, especially in later seasons. Bob and Linda Belcher, on the other hand, are always shown to love each other, even if their individual quirks can be a bit annoying.

Similarly, the Griffin children hate their parents, the Belcher children love their parents (to the point that Louise, the Stewie Griffin equivalent, has made it clear multiple times that she wants to take over the family business from her dad partly BECAUSE he matters to her that much).

Maybe for you, but for other people is weirdly praised. Plus is also got a theatrical movie that will shown in 2020's.

the only problem I have with it is Tina, Gene and every kid in the show that isn't louise. Like every single one of them have ear grating voices and personalities.

Because it's another Simpsons style show and those will always be popular because adults feel it's "real life" enough for them to watch and still feel growed up

I personally don't give a shit, I can't sit through any show that doesn't have a fantastical element, I need escape from this awful reality we live in not reinforcement of how awful it is. Give me magic, beasts, robots, ninjas, anything that isn't just some family

This really.
Not since King of the Hill has there been a good animated show in the west that both counts as "adult" and has the family actually based in love.

it's a bit of the king of the hill of this era, a down to earth, grounded in reality (most of the time) television with interesting characters. it's a bit immature at time, but it's passable.

This doesn't seem limited to cartoons either. It's been years since I watched cable TV but I remember hating most sitcoms on television because of that. Why do so many shows make husband and wife that hate each other?

Because it’s all part of the Jewish plot to destroy western civilization by undermining the family.

Or maybe it’s because it’s a lazy way to introduce constant drama. Who knows?

Probably because the majority of people would be depressed with their lives if you held up a mirror to them, or depicted an enviable situation. It's easier to feel okay about an unfulfilling life of mediocrity when you can compare it to something worse, even if it isn't real.

I know why I watch it.

Something I really love about Bob's burgers, that in-spite of Bob's business kind of permanently being in the red, he's legitimately a good cook.

It's so weirdly refreshing to have a character who is actually good at their profession

Because isn't edgetard. Also, a pity its Latin American Spanish dub went to shit after all the replacements. It was crappy to begin with, but the VA inconsistency killed it for good...

>why do so many shows make husband and wife that hate each other?

In my experience, it's at least accurate.

>The show itself isn't that funny
"Thank you for coming to my bat mitzvah."

I too want to see what's under that hat

I like seeing Louise's shenanigans and I am quite fond of anything with H. Jon Benjamin in it as well, but it's not one of my go to shows.

daily reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=r48HZAT4uOk

It’s popular? I didn’t know that.
I love it because it can be funny without being gross, vulgar, or needing pop culture references everywhere.
He characters themselves are also really fun to watch; each have their own distinct personality, genre of comedy, and chemistry that works greatly with other characters. Like Jimmy Pesto and his asskissing employee, or Bob and Linda, or Mort and Teddy or Jimmy JR and zeke.
Except Gene. He kills comedy unless he’s the joke like when the puppeteer manatee tried seducing him: his reactions were gold.

It kinda makes sense when it’s coming from a bitter single woman in her 40s, ‘who don’t need no man’. And this is coming from a Sup Forumsack.

BOBEEEEEYYYYYY

I don't know. I watched maybe like the first three seasons or so (honestly don't remember) and enjoyed it enough but the art style is gross and I realized how fucking sick I am of animated family sitcoms so I dropped it like a rock. There oughta be a ban on that premise for the next three decades or so.

If you got offended by this you should seriously consider early euthanasia.

I find Tina is funny more often than not but the only good Gene focused episode is the planetarium rock orpra one and that is because Bob is the best character you could take Gene put of the show and loose nothing.

Out*

Bob episodes are the only good episodes.

Sometimes Linda and Louise do alright.

it models boomer lifestyles. So many of those joyless fucks just followed what everyone else was doing which was find a spouse, buy a house, and have kids.
Why do you think there's so many spiteful fucks with bitter opinions about marriage? And this applies to people bitter and divorced.
Every time someone asks what it's like being married I always say "it's just like dating but everyone else is shittier to you"

>Not liking the episodes where he's paired up with Courtney
>Not liking Work Hard or Die Trying Girl
Shit tastes.

it makes me want a wife and kids instead of killing myself