So it's been enough time that we can call the Ultimate Universe a complete pile of shit, right?

So it's been enough time that we can call the Ultimate Universe a complete pile of shit, right?

It certainly turned to shit, but it would be unfair to say it was always like that. There was a lot of good and enjoyable books spawned from it.

it was shit after Ultimatum. the final nail in the coffin was killing the only non-asshole character in that universe (Peter Parker)

Muricans are just too much of fucking pussies to appreaciate Ultimate, a world full of shit where everybody is shit and living in shit. But when Ultimate made its way into my country (Russia) in 2000s, it got a pretty good reception because it was more relateable than 616 fairy tales!

Ultimates are one of the best cape comics ever.

>Has Bryan Hitch
Indeed a piece of steaming hot shit

based soviet poster

Ultimate universe is like a shit sandwich with a side of ice cream.

Spider-Man overall was pretty good until they killed him off. I really like that he died purely because every other superhero in the universe was a piece of shit and wouldn't help.

The only people who really get butthurt over it are the supernerds who think canon still matters

Ult cap was 100x better than 616 cap.

Challenge: Name an Ultimate comic outside of The Ultimates Vol. 1 & 2 that has art that isn't complete diarrhea.

Ultimatum

Its a shame one page colours so many peoples views of him. He was a fun and different take on what it would be like if Cap was more of a hardass, but still just as much of a hero.

This comic never made sense, what is the point?Being a slight more edgy version of mainstream marvel?

He was better because he actually acted like soldier from 1940.

What frozen American infantryman from the 40's unfrozen this year would make LOL LE FROG COWARDS jokes like some conservative talk radio retard?

t.mad frog

Basically directly responsible for the MCU.

>Soldier from the 1940
>2000s meme

Sure man.

I feel bad for anons who grew up on USM instead of the Ditko run and are blinded by nostalgia.

ultimate fantastic four and ultimate spiderman are fun to read

I only recently started reading the ditko run after USM and its been a fun ride. I didnt know how much of a dick spidey was in the past. he was much more interesting then

The first half (pre-ultimatum) captures that 2000's feel perfectly

Seriously, I can't stand Ultimate. And I hate how so many casuals view USM as *the* defining Spider-Man run. It was better than most of the shit of the ultimate universe, but that's not saying much.

IMO, the only good thing to come of it was Ultimate Jessica Drew

Look Ivan, just because your government kept killing you throughout the 20th century and your country men keep killing themselves through alcohol poisoning and crappy driving in the 21st century, it doesn't mean the entire world runs on 19th-century russian literature logic where everything is bleak and pain is everywhere.
Quit the nihilistic crap and go have more children before your population dies out.

No no, you don't understand how comics "culture" works.
The bar keeps lowering so that the flawed stuff from the past seems better and better.

The Ultimates were one of the top two Avengers runs of the past 20 years.
Ultimate Spider-Man was the best Spider-Man run of the past 25 years.
Therefore they're classics.

I've even heard naysayers from way back say that Bendis's New Avengers is now a classic run.
It is.
Compared to almost all Marvel comics from the past decade, these types of early '00s are unmatched classics and we'd be lucky for these halcyon days to return.

By the same token, Mister Miracle and Batman White Knight are modern-day Watchmen and DKR. Yes they are. Sure. Let's say that. Let's be happier and happier with diminishing returns.

I like mister miracle, its got a undercurrent of darkness in it

New Ultimates with Frank Cho.
Hickman's Ultimates with Esad Ribic. (Pic related)
Rafa Sandoval on Ultimate Hawkeye & the Ultimate Doom trilogy.

Hell the only truly bad art I recall from the Ultimate Universe was Peterson on the 3rd mini of the Galactus trilogy & Dillon on Ultimate Avengers 3.

Steve McNiven on Ultimate Secret...

Can do tons of experimental unique things that you can't in the original.

He said pages later it was just some crap you yell in the heat of the moment.
He isn't even all that nationalistic he praised ww2 Russian troops in Ultimate Nightmare.

It was intended to be a universe where things actually had consequences. Dead meant dead, no sliding timescale retcons, etc.

People always bashing Ultimate Cap.
Forgetting great moments like pic related were he basically predicted the realization they came to at the end of Ultimates 2.

Issue 6 sucked tho.

Fuck off Garth...we get it...you hate capes & masks.

Ultimates 1 and 2 were fantastic. The rest of the line mostly sucked with maybe an exception here or there at most.

FUCKING THIS

Only literal soyboys hate the Ultimate Universe

Besides the fact that the Ultimates vol 1 and 2 Are directly responsible for the subsequent success of the MCU movies? Sure user. You sure know what you are talking about

Is the best series ever

Checked
Ult Cap is alpha male incarnate...the omega male

Joe Mads art on Ult 3, ultimatum, Ultimate X, Ultimate galactus trilogy, Ultimate power, Ultimate wolverine vs hulk,

Ultimates is the most culturally significant run as it ushered in the marvel cinema universe

Too bad they never did

In the argument of who created Spider-Man it is noteworthy that Parker had Ditko's borderline school shooter personality until Ditko left the book and then he became a fun living "swinger" like Stan.

USM before Death of Spider-man.