Batman doesn't kill joker because muh policy

>batman doesn't kill joker because muh policy
Okay
>batman doesn't break every bone in joker's body and leave him bound to a hospital bed because ???
Explain

Comic book time means Joker is fully healed when the next event starts

Why not rape the Joker?

Batman is a psychopath who gets off to the cat-and-mouse he does with Joker

Because he cares for him, for some reason.

Cripple him first.

the code doesn't allow for loopholes, user

Because you touch yourself at night

It takes until the Dark Knight Returns, when they're both borderline elderly, for Batman to try to paralyse the Joker. Which he does.

And then the Joker kills himself anyway because bullshit.

It's a case of writers having to come up with excuses/justifications after the fact. That said, I personally believe that Batman's ridiculously hardline no-kill policy is a great character flaw. He becomes more interesting if you believe that his pacifism cripples him as a hero.

Isn't it obvious? Why bother killing off rogues, let alone the most popular rogue of all Batman rogues, if you have to create more rogues to replace them?

The no-kill rule is there so Batman keeps having the same fights with the same enemies for as many comic issues as possible, that's really it.

It's not Batman's job.

The justice system is responsible for the follow-up. Keep that fucking clown locked up, euthanize him or just have one rogue cop do the deed. It's not that hard.

Good answer.

Why not just throw him to the phantom zone?

This. After a while the entire "He's crazy so we can't give him the chair" excuse stop making sense. He's killed thousands and tried to kill millions. Succeeded if you also count elseworlds.

So yeah, if the system really can't pass a few thousand volts through his body, some cop should make sure he's found one morning hanging from the ceiling in his cell in what will be ruled as suicide.

Daily reminder.

in comic books people come back from the dead after proper mourning, bones breaking is such a minor detail for these people

wtf i h8 bruce the bat now

>He's killed thousands and tried to kill millions. Succeeded if you also count elseworlds.
I'm pretty sure his body count is in the millions by this point even if we don't count Elseworlds

I really hated this scene at first, but to be completely fair letting another vigilante successfully kill people right in front of him (especially a major target like the Joker) is just asking for mass chaos when everyone starts taking the law into their own hands. Dark Knight Returns went into how insane and uncontrollable the situation can get when everyone starts to follow in Batman's footsteps.

In the moment, that page makes Batman look like the biggest asshole in the DC universe. To play devil's advocate, it makes a little bit of sense when you look at it from a larger point of view.

In Under the Red Hood he apparently did do that, just one of the major ways it was better than the comic.

>It's not Batman's job.
Please remind me what the “job” of being Batman entails.

Joker did survive things that should've killed any normal human being.
Batman doesn't kill the Joker, because he CAN'T kill the Joker and gave up on it.
Batman doesn't cripple the Joker because Joker's legit superpower prevents any lasting damages.

But that's basically killing him, only slowly.

> Puddin!

> At this point, he probably is.

Why doesn't the Joker just kill Batman? Is he stupid or something?

None of this is Batman's job. Certainly assaulting American citizens with no oversight isn't Batman's job, yet he does it anyway.

Batman saved the joker from getting killed several times.

And Gotham is aparenntly twenty times as gay as LA, letting someone who wurdered more folks then the average middle eastern dictator go off easy with some Psych ward