Who /liberal/ here? How do we fix the current state of affairs in the left-wing, lads...

Who /liberal/ here? How do we fix the current state of affairs in the left-wing, lads? We need to regroup and think through how things got so fucked to win back the people and make a positive change in the world. Here are some things I'm leaning toward:

1) Purge all identity politics, or at least stop catering to its base of hardcore loonies. Anything that alienates people based on things they have nothing to do with (slavery, for example) or didn't ask for (privilege, for example) does more damage to the cause than anything meaningful.
2) Double down on environmental policies and try to encourage growth in sustainable sectors for those displaced jobs that are never coming back
3) Tax imports, encourage local consumption and business; Legalize prostitution, drugs, sugar and tax them as well
4) Purge corporate influences and donations from politics. It is obvious that these donations are ways to sidestep through tax policy and to reap other benefits of changes in law.
5) Remove all loopholes that seeks to get around points 1-4

This is obviously a work in progress. Any other suggestions or amendments, lads?

you can start by killing yourself

Before I forget and leave the house:

6) Seriously address income inequality. Those with power and money will stop at nothing to preserve their status at the expense of everyone and everything else. I feel that a few people hoarding wealth and hiring teams of professionals to find ways to evade taxes has really fucked this country over in terms of public works and infrastructure and other types of benefits.

fpbp

Fuck off, Dingo. Go back to your Poo in the Loo containment threads.

All leftists ought to be killed

Pepe's lips were originally lime green and his tanktop was orange.

There'd be no need for this thread if the recent right-wing victories in the US and UK had some substantial policies to believe in other than appeals to emotion based on past glory.

Do this OP

I agree. Start by sending a few billion to southeast Asia. It fulfills two libtard dreams: handouts to us poors, and reparations for fucking up or country. Don't forget to take from your niggers too (start with the rappers) as they owe us reparations aa much as the rest of you burgers.

So. I'm waiting for my cash.

Fuck this picture, real pepe pulls his pants all the way down to pee because you know how it feels.

You guys are getting outflanked on populist issues like student loan reform.

Seriously; Trump is talking about making them dischargeable in bankruptcy again, thus overturning various parts of the 2005 bankruptcy "reform" act that your own vice president Biden helped pass. And the 1998 reform act that Hillary's husband signed into law.

That shouldn't be happening. Gotta stop being so corporatist on a lot of different issues.

There's no need for this thread regardless of that.
Emotional response is how you rally the retarded masses and the silent majority. It works, and the right wing will only keep winning until your destructive opinions will be re-tabooed. You went too far and now the right wing will destroy you for another full generation, at least.

I thought his lips were originally white?

No.

Foregin affairs is a tricky situation but we're not giving handouts with that kind of attitude. People inherited this mess and there's little incentive to go into countries and start meddling with the affairs of others unless it affects humanity and the earth as a whole.

Purge the neolibs ruining the party for one thing. Being liberal isn't about being a sissy and complaining about privilege and muh Brown people. We had some good candidates on the left side this year with Webb and O malley.

JFK didn't die for his party to become this. Fuck LBJ

Start listening to the working class. You're completely out of touch.

7) Accept a return to a traditonalist type of living? At least not force things upon people who aren't asking for them (such as forced integration).

No shit, my dude. Sometimes I think it's best to break off from the Dems and Left-Wing all together and become something new. Those terms automatically trigger bad feelings in a huge amount of the population.

We didn't go too far. We got sidetracked and corrupted a long time ago by SJWs and corporate shills. They hijacked the conversation and let the status quo become complacency.

We LOVE identity politics you fucking dumbass. We just don't like the lefty strain.

I'm a minority. You are probably white so check your privilege.

Pass TP. Move jobs here. Your wages must come down for ours to go up.

/thread

hello lefty here i say just let it rot and from the ashes alt-left will rise

I use leafs to wipe my ass.

>cambodia

checks out

>Legalize prostitution, drugs, sugar and tax them as well

I thought you wanted to STOP catering to loonies?

>People inherited this mess

In the case of the middle east your generation didn't inherit it, you're directly responsible for it. You thought getting rid of Saddam, Gaddafi etc was a good idea, turns out they were actually keeping those countries from devolving into a tribal warring state.

It's so cute how americans complain about immigrants and refugees after you created ISIS. The EU should just dump the lot of them in your doorstep.

1 post to /leftypol/
2 kill yourself

we /leftypol/ now

I agree with most of that aside from taxing imports, cheap goods are...good. also combat inequality more and remove the perception that we are weak on the military and unpatriotic

It is good fodder for threads and shit posts, I'll give you that.

Hispanic. But I do live in a comfy, suburban community of a large city so checked. I agree though, we need to consume local goods and stop corporations from cucking us all. I'm all for live and let live when it comes to people and countries but there a few things we need to team up on and one of them is to stop big companies from using threats of relocating jobs or their headquarters to other places to get whatever they want.

No.

Sadly, I think you are right Leaf-bro. We need to reach out to disillusioned Dems, indies and the inevitable hoards of disappointed Repbulicans to create something new.

A lot of this mess started before I was born. Heck, Israel and Palestine has been brewing for what seems like forever. As easy as it is to say we won't be involved with the shit of other countries, some regions are so unstable that we have to be involved in them to return them back to some sense of normalcy.

I'm up for suggestions Brit-bro. I know you guys rely much more heavily on imports than the US does. Perhaps a tax can distinguish on goods that NEED to be imported versus those that can easily be made or grown in the country?

I need to leave home and my mobile IP is banned, hopefully this thread doesn't slide. If not, I will be back tomorrow or the day after cause you anons gave me some good ideas.

step 1: purge yourself