What comics are you looking forward to?

What comics are you looking forward to?

The only shit I can think of is the next Ennis Punisher stories. DC Black Label sounds interesting and I might read the first issues of the new Sandman titles, and I'll definitely at least read the first issue of the new Conan titles, but otherwise there's just nothing coming up that looks interesting at all. I can't say there's ever been a time in comics where there was ever so few stuff on the horizon that I was looking forward to.

I'm not only NOT looking forward to anything out of what has been announced this year from the big two I actually actively turned off by a lot of it.

I'm absolutely fascinated with DC Universe right now. I know Sideways and Damage are basically marvel copypasta but they're fun to read and I enjoy the characters immensely. I'm picking up the terrifics tomorrow and I've preordered Sideways for the future

Garth Ennis' War Stories and 2000AD's Judge Dredd are the only comics I follow regularly. It's a shame War Stories is published so infrequently.

What series from the non-big two are you going to read instead? Any titles to look for?

batman earth one volume 3

Port of Earth has been interesting. Xena and Barbarella. I'm losing superman and action, super sons, trinity, dropped doomsday clock and batman, was excited for spider-man post slott until it was announced spencer was writing.

All of this no justice shit looks terrible. TNC on cap is ass. That's another book that could have taken my superman money. Moon knight has sucked. Dropped that.

xena and bararella sound interesting, thank you for the recommendations

A lot of the stuff announced at Image Expo sounds awesome. From Dark Horse I'm looking forward to Blackwood and Gabriel Hardman's Aliens story. Happy Jirni is returning at Aspen. Marvel and DC have nothing to offer me anymore.

Didn't War Stories just END?

are you kidding?

wow fuck me

Beef - the new Shaky Kane comic that just started

Rumble now that it's back

Rich Tommaso and Brandon Graham have a new comics coming

That Ann Noccenti/ David Aja book from Karen Berger's DH imprint

Was IDW supposed to reboot the Hasbroverse or something?

I just looked this up. #26 (the new one) appears to be the final issue according to Bleeding Cool and Comixology.

Well judging by this thread it appears the industry is in fact going to be crashing this year.

They have HasCon so any announcement like that I'd assume would come out of there

It's so small that what would a "crash" even be? It could lose 50% of all revenue and barely anyone would even notice.

"HasCon"
Shitty name for a shitty companies convention

People aren't seeing solicits for Avatar titles much beyond next month. It's generally believed they're going under. That being said it's a creator-owned imprint so their titles can go anywhere else that wants to publish gore with no titties.

Yeah, that reminds me. Has anyone figured out what's up with them?

>I actually actively turned off by a lot of it.
this.

When is Superman Year One coming out?

They still have Crossed and Uber coming out up through May.