The Tick Thread

WICKED MEN! Wicked men, of Sup Forums! STOP YOUR EVIL POSTING! For tonight you face, THE TICK!

Other urls found in this thread:

tvmuse.com/tv-shows/The-Tick_43936/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Spoooooooooon!!!

I have to find a streaming site that has the new episodes.

You can't stop me you walking stressball!

The second half of the new series was way better when Arthur stopped whining so much and just went with everything.

I think it easily beats out the 2001 series and has a shot at being better than the cartoon.

Try putlocker

Good idea, thanks.

Most ddl sites use a file host that allows streaming.
There is also yesmovies.to

pic

I love the show so far, my only gripe is there's not that much of the Tick himself in some episodes, and it seems like he's just along for the ride while the side characters push everything forward. I do like the side characters but sometimes I wonder why the show is called "The Tick".

Well its very clear that this season was Arthur's story. We can only hope that Season 2 is more Tick centered

Thye Tick himself is not that interesting. He's just an invincible manchild that helps resolve other people's stories. Classic hero. Think Mad Max, but with a lighter tone.

This. The Tick is entertaining, but its functionally impossible for him to grow as a character or have much of a personal arc. He can barely follow a conversation, much less a plot thread.

The Tick sets a lot of shit in motion by accident, and is at the center of events, but he can't be the one to drive the story as a viewpoint character.

I mean that's fine, but the point of the old Tick was to follow him around and see the dozens of goofy colorful heroes and villains. In this show we get like three? of them and a few normal humans. It would be fine to feature the Tick trying to interact with the normal world for a few more minutes per episode.

Go tell it on the mountain

Who's the best character and why Tinfoil Kevin is?

Kevin, you have to stop being everywhere.

nah but thanks for the suggestion tho

Clearly its tinfoil kevin, who is a best

Because the crafty bastard always finds a way
>Cleans up Arthur's apartment
>Creates a makeshift body for the good doctor
>Cleans Tick from head to toe
>Had a turkey when Arthur needed one

>that kazoo cover in the first ep

Also

>Has a nice office.

yes movies has it up

Well he does have a cool hideout, but Overkill's the cutest.

I just wish there was more like the I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE part in the first episode, and that part where he stops the pyramid goons from shaking down the bodega

>get out of here, this shop is under my protection
>the same goes for the whole block
>you know what, the city too
>WHY DID YOU DO THAT, NOW THEY'LL KILL ME
>not on my watch friend, well goodbye

whats the differences between the ben edlund omnibus'

what?

there is like 4 different books collecting the 12 issues of the original comic

how should I know, I don't read comics

I think the most recent printing of the Edlund Omnibus has a new story by a different creative team.

It's really weird to go back and watch the show and see how often he was in the background before you he gets officially introduced in Arthur's apartment.

Nigh invulnerable, chum.

Tinfoil Kevin is an android. A better model than the one The Tick fights. They both have little horns and Tinfoil Kevin uses the tinfoil to stop his handlers tracking him.

But if he's an android, then who was apple?

His origin story is still pretty interesting since they left it ambiguous, and no one knows what The Tick's true nature us.

Also a robot, and also Overkill is completely a robot who thinks he's the real Straight Shooter.

It's renewed for a second season btw.

sleezy business model here how they split up the first season to be months apart
"we wanted to stop people from binging the whole show" why?
some bullshit about how waiting for episodes makes the payoff better?
but it's not true, nobody likes to wait for the next episode of a show

the reality is they just didn't want people to be able to use the free trial to see the whole show

Arthur's flashback showed the Tick speaking to him during childhood, when he's in bed and the night light is flickering blue. Maybe the Tick started out tick-sized, and he was with Arthur since Arthur's childhood?
amazon.com

I think he's Samson and that whatever happened when The Flag Five dies is responsible.

Of course, Edlund might just make the question a running gag as it has become.

>the reality is they just didn't want people to be able to use the free trial to see the whole show
Well yeah, of course
>some bullshit about how waiting for episodes makes the payoff better?
If this was really the case they would have done a TV release type and released one ep a week
>but it's not true, nobody likes to wait for the next episode of a show
Waits can be good. Like a couple a days to a week. This gives you time to digest, to enjoy, to mull over and talk to other fans. It also gives you time to get hype as fuck.

This the show was nice. You faggots and instant gratification bullshit.

Here’s hoping we get this next villian on a future season!

I'm pretty sure that was only in the pilot, They got rid of that part of the storyline because it made no sense to the rest of the show.

It gets teased pretty much for the first few episodes.

>it made no sense to the rest of the show

Tick's origin is taken for laughs, like his costume suddenly changing.

tvmuse.com/tv-shows/The-Tick_43936/

I liked the pilot leaving it up in the air if the tick was part of Arthur's trauma but after they wrote that off and shoved Dot b-stories the show has been meh

Dot and Overkill were great together though, and Arthur needed the help.

I thought it was because shows are produced in batches? Also, people can wait for everything to come out before using their free trial?

This mother fucker is so based his heart stops and he is still the best character in the scene

Obsessed with the comics, obsessed with the cartoon, never got into the first live-action one. Think I'll like it?

Sup Forums rp threads are tradition around here.
Thanks for outting yourself as the newfag though, it was very considerate of you.

He needs to get back to killing with no regard

But he made a promise to Tick, you don't want Tick to be sad right?

There's something so good about a dude with a chair for a head that's also an expert fencer and only wants people to know him.

its what people did with STDiscovery

Its fun Arthur thinking he's not actually seeing Tick, but the Dot sees him and its all real.

Also The Terror was fantastic.

Considering how much I see it everywhere I kind of assumed it would be.

It's one of the most faithful adaptations, not necessarily in characters but in spirit and comedy.

The Tick is spot on.

you can't always assume with this kind of niche stuff, Amazon canceled a few other series they started around the same time.

What they really need to do next season is bring in a truckload of new heroes/villains. I want to see Tick having a cup of coffee with people on par with Bi-Polar Bear, Human Bullet, Sewer Urchin, American Maid, etc

I hated that they spoiled him being alive in the promos. It kinda killed the whole 'is author crazy' plot of the first half of the season.

but fuck yeah Terror was awesome.

I like how they still made him old as dirt, but managed to make him actually intimidating

The wait worked with this because it allowed people time to go back and piece together clues that Overkill was Straight Shooter before the full reveal in the second half of the season.

who did not see that coming from like 10 miles away?

Surprisingly, a lot.

I liked how he was funny and still intimidating.

why can't Marvel and DC manage to do both?

Dangerboat? More like Dangerbutt. Danger to my Butt.

> cartoon villains
user....

Did you miss "on par"? We know the cartoon characters are unfortunately a rights headache. Doesn't mean they can't create new ones who are just as fun. Thank god Chairface is still available though

Only if your name is Authur

I'll take you on

Found the underage redditor