Why did he have a night job when homer could support 3 kids working at the plant?

Why did he have a night job when homer could support 3 kids working at the plant?

Homer had a senior position with a lot of responsibility (theoretically).

Coke addiction. Plus I guess he had a psycho son.

>night job
easier access to hookers

Shit writing and plot

The sequel episode says he liked hookers.

It was code for hookers.

Homer was a safety inspector and Grimes was a low level lackey.
You could also make the argument that home costs there are too high and Homer being given a house whereas Grimes needs to rent a room above a bowling alley that's beneath another bowling alley is a problem.

However, the main thing is experience.
Grimes never held a fucking job in his life and just earned his degree.
Meanwhile, Homer is the second most senior employee there after Smithers and as such, gets paid more than fucking anyone else most likely.

This. And Grimes was put in a lower job than homer, thus earning even less than homer.

Nah, he needed the money, being near hookers was just to ease the pain.

>This. And Grimes was put in a lower job than homer, thus earning even less than homer.
i think the dog was earning more than grimes

Yes, user, the dog as senior VP > some no name lackey

The entire point of Grimes was "hey, let's all laugh at the retarded with bad luck"

How old was grimes? 25? He had a kid that was obviously an adult when he tried to assassinate homer so when did grimes have the kid? 12? Do hookers accept 12 year olds?

35 according to his biography on Kent's People

He is right, we never get a job description, after he got de-ranked either.

Besides Grimes was just a vehicle for black humor, it really was logical regarding Simüson logic.

dogs always need to be payed more

35 - 18 = 17
Not unreasonable, I guess

was the dog in charge of the hounds?

Student loans I'm guessing, he did have to pay his own way through some very prestigious colleges.

Homer has music money from, minimum, one hugely successful band. He, Skinner, Barney and Apu probably get a check every few years for a few thousand dollars as their songs get used in shows, movies and commercials. Bart was also a flash in the pan success on TV by this point as the "I didn't do it" kid. Plus as established in the series, Homer also went into space. He and Bart's random bouts of fame probably keep the Simpsons in the black consistently as people look up the family, find out about the Bee Sharps, and purchase their records.

And yet another episode jokes that Homer only makes 500 bucks a year. Another one states their food budget is five bucks a week.

Don't forget that Grandpa paid for their house by selling his own on the expectation that he'd get to live with them.

They show his paycheck in the immigration ep. i remember it being pretty low.