ReBoot: TGC

Will you view it on Netflix or pirate it so it doesn't contribute to the viewing total?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt6849940/
youtube.com/watch?v=HoP3VHj2Eg4
corusent.com/news/nelvana-and-wow-unlimited-medias-mainframe-studios-reimagine-90s-cult-classic-with-new-series-reboot-the-guardian-code/
rebootrevival.com/?p=2465
rebootrevival.com/?p=2490
marketwired.com/press-release/corus-entertainment-greenlights-reboot-the-guardian-code-from-rainmaker-entertainments-tsx-venture-rnk-2027597.htm
twitter.com/TheRealMrSweary/status/966497518220492800
twitter.com/TheRealMrSweary/status/967076397180047360
twitter.com/TheRealMrSweary/status/968174543184347136
denofgeek.com/us/tv/reboot/256279/reboot-the-guardian-code-trailer-and-release-date
rebootrevival.com/?p=2513
imdb.com/name/nm0460458/
o.canada.com/entertainment/television/the-new-reboot-wont-quite-be-as-fans-remember#.UnG6N7R8h19.twitter
rebootrevival.com/?p=2492
twitter.com/AnonBabble

any previews?

I'm going to wait three weeks, where they stop giving a shit about views, then delete it off my netflix history

It hurt it more if you only watch the first 2-3 episodes and then stop.
That way Netflix execs get the data about people started watching it and then gave up.

What's the likelihood of the counterwave coming in and trying to force "TGC isn't that bad the original isn't as good as you remember"?

>any previews?
Just that trailer that will have 12K in dislikes sooner than later.

But I hear they might release more stuff next week.

Well just about everyone involved with it's production will likely give it views and positive reviews. That's all they've been doing so far, but they're vastly outnumbered by the OS fans.

I mean on here
There's always a super vocal group on Sup Forums that can't stand the idea of something being popular and have to shit over the original

Honestly, I'm just curious about Megabyte. If he doesn't fuck over the humans and become the big bad all according to keikaku, then someone needs to be castrated.

Oh, well so far I haven't seen too many anons posting that in the previous threads.

how come megabyte is back but there is no sign of any net citizens or guardians like bob?

neither, it looks like hot garbage

just like CL Evolution, I'm not going to watch it at all. There is no giving it a chance at this point

>how come megabyte is back but there is no sign of any net citizens or guardians like bob?

Because Hefferon decided Megabyte was going to be a primary character (which is also why they redesigned him but didn't give a drastic redesign to Hex), but Bob wasn't important enough. He'd rather the focus be on the teens, especially the one named after his son, Austin.

>how come megabyte is back but there is no sign of any net citizens or guardians like bob?
He will show up as the surprise hook for season 2 which will never be made

I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist, and I don't have Netflix.

Fair enough. Just make sure you give it a 1 star rating on IMDb. imdb.com/title/tt6849940/

Why would you even watch it at all?

The writing and voice acting still holds up but the animation does look awful these days.

>Why would you even watch it at all?
Morbid curiosity can get the better of people.

I'll go with my usual approach, and start with the rule 34. Even if it's truly terrible, it still might be worth the effort in that regard..

It doesn't look bad at all, season 4 notwithstanding.

I never really watched the original Reboot, so this isn't really a big concern for me.

Then why are you posting about it?

Wow, they actually reached 10K dislikes.
I thought Rainmaker would get rid of comments and dislike bar before it happens.

I'll probably hop in the inevitable Sup Forums stream.

>Wow, they actually reached 10K dislikes.
Over 11K now.

I get the feeling they hope they can get more likes eventually. That or by disabling ratings, they're proving everyone right.

... i want to see an overhead shot of that laser death ray

As someone who has never watched the original why are people hating on it besides it being zixx.

youtube.com/watch?v=HoP3VHj2Eg4

If only they applied the concept of the show to something other than it being Reboot ver2. Imagine if the show was like some Shin Megami Tensai thing instead.

I'm going to steer clear of it entirely. Watched the trailer, doesn't appeal to me. No point in getting my panties in a wad over anything

why waste time on total shit?

Because ReBoot was one of the VERY FEW depictions of a computer world where real people didn't enter the computer for computer shenanigans. Users were unknown, unaware gods, that at most blindly interacted through game avatars. Everything else about the computer world in ReBoot is about the computer world and its inhabitants, not what computers mean and function in the real world.

Here's the extent of human influence in the original ReBoot:
- The user played games, not being aware of the computer world
- One time the user installed a file.
- One time the user restarted the computer.

That's it.

Because we live in an era where most american youth define itself by the brand they support. They told their dad Netflix was teh future so they'll eat everything it shits in their mouth from now on.

>Dark Ages

Funny that's not what the press releases kept saying.

corusent.com/news/nelvana-and-wow-unlimited-medias-mainframe-studios-reimagine-90s-cult-classic-with-new-series-reboot-the-guardian-code/
>With the help of VERA, ReBoot’s heroes digitize into cyberspace where they use their code-based powers to combat viruses unleashed by a merciless hacker. Known only as ‘Sourcerer’, this devious hacker seeks to rule the world by controlling cyberspace, and it’s up to the Guardians to stop him.

How can you both rule cyberspace and send humanity back to the Dark Ages? Will he rule it by being the only one with a functioning bit of tech? Will he have his own home network? Because there really won't be a "cyberspace" left if the world is back in the Dark Ages.

.....How can he even rule if all tech is destroyed? He's just a guy in a black hoodie after all.

Why are people saying Hex looks the same? Has there been a new trailer or concept art?

>Why are people saying Hex looks the same? Has there been a new trailer or concept art?
Neither, we found out via a leak. rebootrevival.com/?p=2465

There was also a video leak from the same source: rebootrevival.com/?p=2490

wish i could see that image more clearly. she looks pretty cool. I like ReBoot but i think the animation will be better now. i'll watch it on netflix for sure.

>mfw Hexadecimal looks the same but they can't do that with Megabyte.

>i'll watch it on netflix for sure.
Better choice would be to watch a stream or some other non-Netflix method. Don't give TGC additional views.

>Hexadecimal looks the same but they can't do that with Megabyte.
I heard that they had designed MB early on (even in the first promo image you could see him in the reflection on the helmet of prototype Vector), so they went with the direction already laid out. With Hex.... I haven't a clue.

Watching a couple episodes then stopping is more effective if you want to get it canceled.

I already have Netflix. I am going to watch it there. You really think pirating it is going to help? Far as I can tell most dont like it because it is different then the original. thats like complaining that Jumanji was a video game and not a board game. also, not sure that was Vector in the prototype shot. Vector is red and the blue guy in the helmet is blue. maybe thats Bob or someone new?

Why did they go from full cartoon to power rangers/Super Human Samurais Cyber Squad rip off? I assume it was to cut costs since the trailer made the show look so fucking cheap?

pirate, just like with the marvel series

hmm. Not sure why but I read somewhere here that nobody would buy the original cartoon. I like the all animated version to but think this could be fun and the cast looks fun at least.

>I already have Netflix. I am going to watch it there. You really think pirating it is going to help?

Yes, not watching it via an official stream won't give them a view count. Also as this isn't going to be airing in Canada until June, the more those unofficial streams are shared, the less views it will get on YTV.

>Far as I can tell most dont like it because it is different then the original. thats like complaining that Jumanji was a video game and not a board game.

It's so much more than that. Changing one aspect board game > video game, isn't too terrible. Throwing out all previously established lore, characters, and every single episode of four seasons for a "chosen teens save the day!" series is sacrilege.

> not sure that was Vector in the prototype shot. Vector is red and the blue guy in the helmet is blue. maybe thats Bob or someone new?

No, it was Vector. The article here has his name: marketwired.com/press-release/corus-entertainment-greenlights-reboot-the-guardian-code-from-rainmaker-entertainments-tsx-venture-rnk-2027597.htm

Hefferon just wanted to rehash his "MP4ORCE" cartoon he created back in 2006.

>sacrilege
Bit of an over-reaction there.

This is a Reboot reboot, That's all. Lore hasn't been "thrown out", it's just a different take on the concept.

This in no way erases the beloved classic.

The whole point of reboot from what I remember was that the world was cut off from the "user" who could have easily been some teenager with a Dell computer running windows 95. Now they bridge the users and the guardians into similiar roles what? This is stupid. Who wants this?

>Bit of an over-reaction there.

Not really when you consider that even the creators of the original are pissed as hell.

>This is a Reboot reboot, That's all. Lore hasn't been "thrown out", it's just a different take on the concept.

A vastly different take. When you're quoted as saying “we tried to imagine that ReBoot had never been made”, that does give the impression that they've tossed aside everything and used the basic ideas as it suited them.

>This in no way erases the beloved classic.

No, but it certainly creates a blemish on it by using the name.

This. It had that same appeal as toy story, that this could be happening in your pc right now.

never heard they threw out all the old stuff about the show. lots of shows have new takes and can adjust them as they go. i guess because theyre in a computer maybe all the original characters are still there and these are new digital copies of them? would kind of fit the theme. i dont thin it erases anything either. thats like saying all my marvel comics never happened just because they come out with a new take. all i have to do is reopen my comicbook and its right there. and i still dont think that blue guy is vector, unless that was just some placeholder test or something. he looks way to different.

No only that but some government organization is in on this I mean come on this shit had appeal to some extent based on how innocent it was now they are ruining it.

>and i still dont think that blue guy is vector, unless that was just some placeholder test or something. he looks way to different.

Yeah because it was from 2015. This was the very first image they released and they used it everywhere until they revamped the look.

The reason the Sourcerer is a villain is because he's the User from the original show and constant loosing at video games turned him evil
Calling it right now.

have the creators of the original said they're pissed? have not seen that anywhere? are you one of them? And if they made a new version of the show it was probably a good idea to imagine the original was never made. not to ignore it but so that it can stand on its own duh.

That is actually pretty cool. He's a disgruntled gamer.

That's the only way you could save this show, plus the teen actors would have to be good.

>have the creators of the original said they're pissed? have not seen that anywhere?
twitter.com/TheRealMrSweary/status/966497518220492800

twitter.com/TheRealMrSweary/status/967076397180047360

twitter.com/TheRealMrSweary/status/968174543184347136

>are you one of them?
No, just a fan.

>not to ignore it but so that it can stand on its own duh.

Or so that they don't have to be bothered with addressing anything in the original, duh. And if it could stand on it's own, why even use the ReBoot IP? Just make a standalone show about teens entering the digital world to save the day, minus the ReBoot stuff.

>Sourcerer
fuck off

But he ended being good at fighting games

>Every time they play a game, they kill innocent binomes
>they wont acknowledge it

He contradicts himself all the damn time
>Thanks to an interview in Roundhouse Radio, Michael Hefferon, president and chief creative officer at Rainmaker Entertainment revealed that characters from the original ReBoot cast would return in the new series with their original voice actors.
>“There is a point where our new Guardians meet Bob and the original Reboot group. We have Bob back, Dot is back, Enzo is back, Hexadecimal is back.”
>This includes Michael Benyaer who was the original voice behind Bob the Guardian in the first two seasons and season four. Thanks to a voice demo we've learned that Timothy E Brummond will be filling in as Megabyte, who was originally voiced by Tony Jay who passed away in 2006. In the voice demo Megabyte says, "Release it into a data stream. I... am Megabyte."
>Rainmaker also plans to pay off the original series cliffhanger.
>"We want to finish the hunt that was left off, put a resolution for the great fan base, that idea is still in the works,” Hefferon says. “We certainly would be reaching out to the original creators of Reboot and people that were involved to come back as a reunion show to finish the original off. We would probably look to do a special video conclusion of it.”

denofgeek.com/us/tv/reboot/256279/reboot-the-guardian-code-trailer-and-release-date

>We’re also creating an immersive mobile VR experience for kids. The gaming engine lets us do that, because now the show’s world exists in a 360 environment. So a kid in their bedroom, using a smartphone and Google Cardboard, can stand in the middle of Megabyte’s fortress, for example. Or be surrounded by cyber-locusts in the middle of a battle sequence. How cool is that for an eight-year-old?

rebootrevival.com/?p=2513

>What's the likelihood of contrarianism in Sup Forums?
99% captain

Oh I see. Some snarky remarks from one of the creators means they are pissed. Btw: quoting Captain Power might be more revealing then not considering the creator of that show is a pedofile. birds of a feather? Gee i wonder if the next CEO of Rainmaker (or any other company that would dare acquire the rights to Reboot) would like to engage the original creators to finish their story, they seem like such likeable chaps. must be fun to have cashed out when the getting was good and eternally dangle a "what if" over their old fans. Good thing they've all went on to create sooo many new storys and other concepts. and now that ive looked into it, i don't believe you are "just a fan". I think youre one of the creators.

so is this just power rangers for retards?

he contradicts himself. so what? things change when going from dreams of making anew show to actually making one. is he lying about bob, hex, dot, enzo coming back? have the original actors denied this? have you asked them, im sure that reboot rival guy has them on speed dial. why he wouldnt put them on the record and ask them if they are back or if this guy at rainmaker is lying. maybe he has but doesn't want to give any good news. time will tell. less then 30 days 2 find out

user, power rangers is for retards already.

just noticed that one of the main writers on reboot is a major writer FROM power rangers. that would explain a lot. At least they went to the source imdb.com/name/nm0460458/

take that back

reminder to send netflix hatemail and tell them that since they finaced this abomination you can no longer support netflix and thus cancling your subscription

also don't forget to send rainmaker anthrax/letter bombs/literal aids

And the guy who wrote the XFiles spoof in the original wrote ep 10 (where bob and gang are back) to. So, just to clarify, the new show cast the original actors when possible, hired one of the original writers to do the ep where we meet the old characters and you are still complaining that they didnt do enough? wow. did you know about this? why havent any of the hater sites even mentioned this? worried the truth will come out and their little petition site will become irrelevant? sorry but im not going to fall for some hate site that wants to sell me a dream that the original will come back and i should order a fucking ugly bootleg shirt from them or buy my original series dvd through a link on their site. nice try. drumming up all this shit when you havent seen the new show. Cling on as long as you can but i have a feeling netflix can differentiate haters (i mean free publicity) who down voat a show that hasn't aired yet, and real fans who haven't seen the show yet. ever seen the response to other netflix shows that were hated on but wnt on to be hits (magic school bus comes to mind). Its sad that hater sites are spreading lies but nothing new. on a related note, I wonder if my hopes for an original cast reunion for another Ghostbusters reboot is going to happen now that the all female one bombed --- anyone want to crowd fund my petition? surely every hollywood exec realized that the all femal version bombed so they should naturally want to invest a ton of money into making a better version. Right?

This old article from 4 YEARS AGO pretty much sums up what they were planning to do with the show. why all the ractions as if they changed midstream and contradict themselves all the time. maybe you didn't want to see what was there all along. o.canada.com/entertainment/television/the-new-reboot-wont-quite-be-as-fans-remember#.UnG6N7R8h19.twitter

>live action bullshit
I'm sorry but that thing alone is a fan repeller.
Let this shit burn.

rebootrevival.com/?p=2492

Ever start a thread on Sup Forums and wish you didn't? this is probably one of those.

did mp4ourccew ever get made? is that one word? how i say it. ahah.

I was gunna watch it on Netflix but now I'm goinga torrent. im part of the resistance

checked out the link its dead. what a tease.

I thought Netflix was just a distributor, seeing as no other network besides YTV wanted it.

One day.....after all this devastation to Mainframe, He Who Shall Not Be Named will be kicked out from the Principal Office and the true leaders of the city will take over and everything will be restored. And people will be happy. Families reunited. Everything will be good again and rid of things barbaric. Right OP? One day we'll remaster everything in 5K and relaunch it and everyone will love it for ever! Then we'll have another show where it picks up and everyone will catch up on the old show before they watch it and weil have veiwing parties where we all eat cookies and finally complete our childhood when life was good and the towers still stood.

So they added a slight update to the page: "Season 1 Coming March 30". I hope that season 1 is all 20 and they're not splitting it into two "seasons" of 10 episodes like we've seen mentioned by at least two people involved on TGC. I would hate for Rainmaker to go on about how they made TWO seasons of this... like it was actually renewed for a second season.

He will do going from the dialogue he has with HEX in that leaked clip.

Sometimes I wish I knew how to make good cgi, just so I could remake shows like Max Steel and Beast Wars

If it's got any of that /lgbt/ shite I'm not even gonna give it the time of day

I hope it IS renewed. The backlash will lead them to do more stuff on the level of how good Hex looks. Id rather them fuck up for a bit and gradually get better and finally BE ReBoot, than ReBoot disapear completely for another 15+ years!

>asks for proof
>is given proof
"D-doesn't count!"
Go home Hefferon, you're drunk

>Just because everyone hates what they've seen so far and intend to stay the hell away from the show, is no reason it's going to crash and burn like the obvious shitshow it is
Okay, place your bets: a troll or trolls, intern/s working on the show and trying to do some damage control, or Hefferson himself?

Or maybe some autist with nothing better to do. Either way, let's just not even acknowledge him anymore.

get your story straight. everybody wanted it. guaranteed money and fans. netflix only takes bottom feeders for their originals like Riverdale and Altered Carbon. oh wait, those show are great and I'm wrong? cool, it's your life.

Wait, reboot:reboot is a code lyoko clone and all the main characters from the original are dead? I stayed away cause as much as i wanted a reboot continuation, i could not expect anything good to be made. But this, this is another level of disappointment.

Here's my theory on the design process of rereboot.
>it a video game show!
>i dont know video games
>lets make it not a video game show but still call it one
>also, my kid wants to do stuff so he's in too

>People will still say OG Reboot has better CG

nostalgia does that to people. here's how it goes: 1) claim nuBoot animation sucks compared to old show 2) refuse to admit you havent seen TGC but are basing your opinion off screencaps from a trailer. 3) downplay that olBoot's animation quality progressed through the seasons and act like it always looked like it did near the end. 4)hope and prey the nuShow doesn't have awesome animation that they're not showing us yet. 5) go back and quietly delete my original comments about their animation bcuz clearly I was merely part of hivemind cool stance.

yes attack the kid! cool move OP.

Why bother calling it ReBoot then if you want it to stand on its own merits?

I'm slowly rewatching the original on TubiTV at a rate of, like, two episodes a week. By the time I'm done, it'll probably be past the range of time that Netflix cares about in regards to viewership, so I'll watch it then.

Well, since I have a Netflix account, might as well watch it there.