How come If sugar, nicotine and coffein are illegal in Mega City One, alcohol is still allowed?

How come If sugar, nicotine and coffein are illegal in Mega City One, alcohol is still allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11350365/Pop-a-sober-up-pill-or-guzzle-synthetic-booze-to-avoid-hangovers.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you kidding?

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw alcohol come up in Judge Dredd, but to hazard a guess it's because alcohol is a depressant rather than a stimulant. The vast majority of Mega-City 1 citizens are poor and bored, so something that is more likely to make them sit around and fall asleep would be less restricted than something that would make them more active.

All fucking illegal.
Tbh alcohol and weed should be legal, drunk criminals make a lot of mistakes and everyone is slow as fuck after some weed.

how many years for braaping on a judge? keep in mind, he eats about 300% of the daily recommended allowance of insoluble fiber

No, there are bars.

Because it's the fucking Law, creep.

questioning the law is 10 years in the iso cube, creep

At least tea is still legal in MC1. Even if only in the confines of your home.

Alcohol isn't illegal. There are bars everywhere.

It's probably Synth-ahol or something though

Considering diabetes has increased 60 (sixty) plus percent since 2007 in UK/Ireland I can honestly understand a ban on sugar in a future time

Why was a half decade old white character suddenly made black?

because no one reads judge dredd, so no one would even notice

Fair enough

Because they remembered that she's half-Hispanic and her mom was pretty dark. Though in this case the colorist made Beeny too dark.

>White + Hispanic = Black

2000AD Logic

The Law?

that's skin cancer from all those crused earth hot-dog runs

Is it? I know Judge Smiley loves himself some tea and biscuits but didn't know if tea was still a thing.

>Though in this case the colorist made Beeny too dark.

>you are now imagining the horror of a Bendis-written Dredd megastory

those are all stimulants that make people amped up if even a little bit

alcohol is a depressant that usually makes people more docile and still easier to control even if belligerent

Doesn't mean the drinks are alcoholic.

I posted two different artists. Both were black. I could post you a third.

They officially changed the character to black.

Legal alcohol is all synthetic in MC-1, much like some forms of coffee. They've never gone deep into the practicalities of it but it assumes it's a watered down version of regular booze. Max Normal, the cat with the hat, the snitch that don't stitch, drinks something called "shampagne".

>that filename

I'd rather not.

Let’s have a law-off, bro.

If we're gonna do this, we're gonna do this right, Sup Forumsdet.

Well, Sup Forums? How much did you score?
And remember: be honest. We can tell when you're lying.

Only got 12, Judge user. I'd have waited for assistance.

>I'd have waited for assistance.
That's just awful.
We sentence you to 3 years in this iso-thread reading more Dredd.

Hey judge user, i dont remember sugar being illegal in judge dredd. Why have i still seen soda in some of the comics?

Sugar, a known stimulant, is suuuper illegal, but synthetic replacements are still freely available. So things like Umpty Candy are (were) legal because they contained no real sugar. Same with soda.
>That time Neil Gaiman wrote a short story about Judge Hershey taking down a Brit-Cit based sugar smuggling ring
>And there were giant spiders

>Thinks soda has to have sugar
>When even today the shelves are overflowing with crap that has artificial sweeteners in it

Is this thread made by subhuman retards and shitposters?
Synthetic-Alcohol is another long-established thing in Dredd, like synthetic-coffee.

Hell, sometimes they decide they synthetic alternative ITSELF is still too addictive, so they make synthetic-synthetic-whatever!

Ah, so that’s where synthi-synth came from.

12. I wasn’t aware the building was fragile until the next page so I’d have flushed the guy out with hi-ex.

12. Armor piercing might've worked in 4.

Fuck, only got 13, Records Office it is....

12, because I was going to use Hi-Ex to bring the creep down. I figured ricochet was too dangerous and unpredictable, with him being elevated and having cover.

Hi-Ex is a bit more dangerous than a Richochet. I fucked up and made the arrest of the the tyre theft on the spot. Cost me the two points I needed.

>british warm ale
>texas export
>non alcoholic

some people think there's going to be a distinct limit to just how bad Hell is going to be. You mr. user have just certified the plans for a tenth level.

Are you rally sure? Nicotine would be more depressant than alcohol.
Otherwise having drunk mobs and holigans and bar fights are counter argument to your guess.

I figured since there was a way to “detain” those gobs I’d use it, but I wasn’t aware there even was a reliable less lethal option. Well, maybe break some femurs en passant with my daystick, I dunno.

I suspect hi-ex is generally less dangerous than ricochet in the hands of someone who isn’t an insanely good shot.

Hi-Ex can cause structural damage and that can lead to problems. I figured Judge training has some math classes so you could use Ricochet rounds effectively.

>Ian Edgington
>Edgington
>edgy
That is pure pottery!

Maybe - well, if so it’s all concrete so incendiary should work to get him out in the open as well.

I have doubts about both heatseeker and ricochet here, but Dredd’s situational awareness is likely as insane as his marksmanship. Me as a presumably average street Judge - I can’t get away with the shit Dredd routinely pulls, I’d have to be more conservative.

I liked her backstory, at least.
>I died
>then I came back

You know there's non-sugar replacements for stuff available today, right? Saccharin, stevia, sucralose, etc. When you order a coffee at a greasy spoon, instead of the white sugar packets, those are the pink, blue, and yellow packets.

There is actually something like Synth-ahol. There's a pill you can take that has the same neurological effects of alcohol without the side-effects, and there's another pill that you can take that sobers you up within a few minutes. Alcohol is legal, but this pill isn't.
telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11350365/Pop-a-sober-up-pill-or-guzzle-synthetic-booze-to-avoid-hangovers.html
Laws are fairly arbitrary. If they made the laws from scratch today, alcohol and tobacco would probably be illegal due to the health consequences.

we don't deserve you, Judge.