Name me a better editor in cheif theh Jim Shooter. I'll wait patiently

Name me a better editor in cheif theh Jim Shooter. I'll wait patiently.

Jim Shooter had an easy job compared to Yoshida, who is pulling Marvel out of dark ages.

>same writers
>same relaunches
>same events
the shogun sits on a throne of LIES

Did any butt hurt artists draw a villain that looked like Shooter? He looks like one from the scars and those eyebrows.

Most of the upcoming relaunches are things that were leaked last summer. They're all things that were planned under Alonso. The most charitable view you can take is that Yoshida's promotion to editor in chief was too late to stop any of it from happening, and it could be some time before you see the changes he wants to make.

Andrés Cascioli

Then your heart shall rest on steel - foolish samurai!

>writers actually writing the way they should, Yoshida is taking advantage of all the talent he has available, placing them PERFECTLY (full usage of Cates, Spencer on Spider-Man)
>relaunch providing great jumping back point for new readers and those who left can come back to familiar characters and storytelling
>Events are well thought out: Infinity Countdown will capitalise on inevitable success of Inifity War movie, and Hunt for Logan will bring back Wolverine which is something that everyone wanted
If you're not excited for this, you don't like comics. 2018 is going to be the best year in two decades for Marvel.

>Aaron STILL ON THOR
>and now fucking Avengers
>Slott is still employed
>Spencer is still employed
>defending yearly relaunches
>defending yearly events
how much free coffee do you Marvel interns get, anyway? Or does Ike make you pay for it

>"A man washes his hands before or after tending to his needs. It tells you a lot about a man. He does it both times? Points to a weakness in his character."
What did he mean by this?

Aaron and Slott are great writers that are on the path of reinventing themselves with the help of Yoshida. Spencer is perfect for ASM and you can't even deny that CBC is doing the relaunch and events the right way. Relaunch was needed to jumpstart the new era.
Why are you so mad warnerbro? DC is making a lot of good moves, take that chip of your shoulder. There is nothing wrong with Marvel being successful.

Good goy. You may use one new paperclip from the box today.

>you can't even deny that CBC is doing the relaunch and events the right way
I can deny that, because there is no right way

He's not doing anything new. Just another writer shuffle, just another relaunch, just another event. He's done nothing thus far that will pull Marvel out of the rut they've been in.

>shilling this hard

Also, those creative teams were planned under Alonso dumbass

>there is no right way to do relaunch and events
There is nothing INHERENTLY wrong with relaunches and events. It's all about the way they are executed. It's harder to pull off a good one than bad one, but it doesn't make it impossible. Don't tell me you were shitting on Rebirth all this time.
>those creative teams were planned under Alonso
I don't see Alonso's name signed under those changes. It's like saying "all the bad things that happened in 2017 were actually Obama's fault". Cebulski had enough time to roll back all the Alonso plans that he didn't approve of, 2018 is his baby.

SHAMEFUR DISPRAY

Not true, Marvel was in something of a slump when based Shooter ascended. Maybe not as bad as it is now, but he definitely didn't have an easy job.

Also, in the early 90s Shooter launched a succesful superhero-universe from almost nothing (3 gold key characters and 2 or 3 known creators, most were new talent). This is an impressive feat. Unfortunately, it only lasted for a short while, because he was ousted again, and Valiants glory soon faded.

I'll believe Shooter is an asshole, but he's also a great editor-in-chief.

Without mentioning Secret Empire or his politics what is wrong with Nick Spencer?

go read 1980s Legends, it was the first time a comic book artist dared to draw his massive acne scars.

>CRITICS: "An adult-only comics imprint?! No one's going to buy that! Comics are for kids!"
>K. Berger: "Hold my beer."

It's not even close. Jim Shooter doesn't even have 10% of classics that Jeanette Kahn can boast with her tenure as EiC and President of DC. She completely changed the image that DC had in the 70s. No wonder DC went downhill once Kahn left around Infinite crisis and fell into the nostalgia trap with hacks like Didio and Johns.
Jim Shooter on the other hand just doubled down on capeshit and that's what most people remember these days, rather than actually great books like Howard the Duck, Man-thing and the Nam. Shooter just led to regression of Marvel by killing every other genre, driving all their talent away and is responsible for the state they're currently in.

who is that kike?

never heard of that bitch. you sure she actually exists?

Slott is fine, he just spent way too long on ASM and ran out of ideas for the character.

my dick is fine, want to suck it?

>doesn't know how to use google
Utterly pathetic.

not as pathetic as shilling some no-name

Senpai are you serious here? I'm not that user but Jenette Kahn led DC for like a quarter century, and was there when all that rich, dark mid-80s to early 90s DC books were coming out.

nobody cares about dc

>DC
>Relevant before rebirth

he's just not a very good writer. Ant-Man proved most of the comedy in Superior Foes and The Fix were from Lieber, and CA:SR proved he's flat out not good at plotting.

>There is nothing INHERENTLY wrong with relaunches and events

No, but Marvel has been abusing them for quick cash grab schemes so long that they've got negative associations now.

>Jim Shooter on the other hand just doubled down on capeshit

What is EPIC imprint, faggot?

A failed attempt.

He has yet to finish his two creator-owned titles. Bedlam started off and went on hiatus quickly, and Morning Glories is the worst example of a JJ Abrams style "mystery box" kind of plotting. Each issue ends with a SUPER CLIFFHANGER which is then tossed into the pile of mysteries when the next starts.

>Hunt for Logan will bring back Wolverine which is something that everyone wanted
too bad they already soiled it by making 10 new wolverines

You are so butthurt about Secret Empire
>he didn't like The Misadventures of Hydra Steve
Faggot
>he didn't like Ant-Man
Shit taste
Now this is a more reasonable complaint. Morning Glories is mediocre

It's a fucking shame that many comic readers don't know who Jenette Kahn is and it's equally disgraceful that she's never mentioned when people talk about women in comics.

>The Misadventures of Hydra Steve
the plot tying itself in knots just to keep Steve's secret while keeping him redeemable was retarded and you know it

Dude cry harder.

You're gonna be waiting for ever man.

gib elseworlds

Jim Shooter had to deal with a bunch long haired dope smokers. He cleaned house and got the books back on top.
Marvel staff hated him so keeping them on deadlines and cutting the laggers.

Relaunch, company event,
Relaunch, company event,
Relaunch, company event

There won’t be anything new done. The few creatives the still have on contracts seem to be useful but they won’t make for the great stories fans actually want.
The SJW and minority hires are only as good as the stories they write, and they learned that with the mass cancellations
Just write and illustrated good stories and give it a rest with the social preaching ffs

Wasnt she the one who essentially mentored jim shooter during his legion of super heroes days?

They did have his hometown of Pittsburgh destroyed in avengers once he left.

>I don't see Alonso's name signed under those changes. It's like saying "all the bad things that happened in 2017 were actually Obama's fault". Cebulski had enough time to roll back all the Alonso plans that he didn't approve of, 2018 is his baby.

If they'd already been hired to work on those books, and work has already been started and paid for, it's going to be easier for the company to just publish it, than for Yoshida to cancel it all, rush out something new to replace it, and for Marvel to have paid for a lot of work they don't want to print.

It will be interesting to see if any of these creative teams are replaced after their first story arc is over.

>if any of these creative teams are replaced after their first story arc is over.
you mean exactly what's happening with Cates and Waid on Strange and Cap?

Based fellow argie

I’ve been following comics for a long fucking time, and it just dawned on me now that I barely know what an EIC does.

I have a vauge idea, they’re the guy at the top, in charge of other writers and editors, yes?

Can the success of a company be directly attributed to the EIC?

Good art and bad art is ultimately subjective, and these days there’s a lot of “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” mentality. Try something new with a character, people will bitch that it’s too different. And with good reason to an extent, -i wouldn’t want to see Superman re-interpreted to be more like the Punisher. On the other hand, if you keep doing more of the same, people will bitch about the status quo. Ultimately it’s history that will be the judge of whether an era of comics was good or bad, and even then, surely some of that will be determined by elements beyond the EIC’s control.

How much credit can the EIC take for good sales/good stories? The two aren’t always the same thing, mind you.

Is the relationship between EIC/everyone else kinda like the director of a movie / screenwriter, actors, studio etc?

Waid's return to Captain America was always going to be a short interim run between Spencer and Coates, that was revealed in the leaks last summer. Those leaks said it was supposed to be an exercise in damage-control after Hydra Cap and Secret Empire, to placate fans with some back-to-basics superhero action, but Waid just couldn't stop himself from doing political stories.

>not knowing who Berger is
fuck off

EiC is pretty much the supervising manager of the company below the publisher and the CEO/President/Board of Directors.
In publishing the EiC usually dictates the direction the overall look and feel of the books will go.
Think Showrunner from television

A lot of that stuff was set in place when Axel was still EIC. I've seen a good number of changes so far, and while Marvel still has a long way to go, the Shogun's blade seems sharp.

Based Berger. Vertigo really was a great contribution to mainstream comics.

This.
When the “closed” Vertigo down (trimmed?) it was the worst thing to happen to comics in a long time. DC lost their mature line fans to Image and Indies and have not yet recovered. Probably the worst decision since New52