Firebending seems kinda useless compared to the other three elements

>Outclassed by water, earth, and air at range.
Each element can easily control the distance at which they fight a firebender. Firebender are only dangerous at close range.
>Firebenders lack defense unlike water or earthbenders.
>Firebenders lack power. They can't create fire large enough to overpower earth, air, or waterbenders.
Earthbenders>Airbenders>Waterbenders>Firebenders.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fire can summon fire from anything, so that's a plus.
Air is the worst imo. It goes water > earth > fire > air.

They took over the world homie

With water bending you can bend you piss stream so it always lands cleanly in the toilet, even if you're far away. With advanced mastery you can piss without even leaving your bed or chair.

Fire can generate electricity and in theory plasma. It's pretty broken.

Also they're the only element besides Air that can work without needing another source.

>It goes water > earth > fire > air.

Earth is definitely the most versatile.

>Earth
>Metal
>Sand
>Lava

Fire can reach a temperature where water will boil to steam in an instant

Air can't put out fire, you need vacuum for that.

Fire can be hot enough to melt the earth

Actually it goes water > earth > wind > fire

air needs a source. only problem is that they always have it
if you were to trap them in a vacuum or underwater (without air), then they wouldn't be able to bend

>Fire can reach a temperature where water will boil to steam in an instant
and yet waterbenders have been shown bending steam & turning it back to liquid form
>Air can't put out fire, you need vacuum for that
it can, but it doesn't need to. airbending can blow fire away incredibly easily, considering how Aang did it multiple times while Ozai had the comet-boost
>Fire can be hot enough to melt the earth
and yet, never is from firebenders
even azula, who's supposed to have hotter fire, was never shown doing it
and even when the comet's boosting their bending to the highest point, they're only shown blowing away earth with the force of their bending

>Firebenders lack power. They can't create fire large enough to overpower earth, air, or waterbenders.

Firebenders overpowering earth, air, and waterbenders is something we regularly see. Do you actually not remember that or you pretending to be stupid to start a discussion?

something that kinda bugged me was in the episode where the moon spirit was killed, why were the water benders so surprised? haven't they ever had a lunar eclipse before? those happen like 2-4 times a year

did Zhao cause the first lunar eclipse? and if so, does that mean the world had solar eclipses but not lunar ones?

Firebenders are too OP, there's a reason why Shyamalan nerfed them in his movie so that they cannot create their own fire.

>Air can't put out fire
just...push the air somewhere else?

It doesn't really matter how hot their fire is. water benders and easily counter it with the sheer amount they can bend.

The other elements need to be present to bend them. Fire just shoots out of their bodies at all times cause lul bad guis

>even azula, who's supposed to have hotter fire
It's not hotter though. Blue fire in real life is hotter, but Azula's fire is just normal fire that's colored blue.

probably not hard to kill a bunch of pacifist

I don't recall that they ever bended steam, however seeing how Superheated steam is a thing the fire bender will win.

user for fire to burn you need air, fuel and heat. How can you beat fire with one of the things needed for it to burn?

I said fire can do it, whatever or not a fire bender can reach that temperature is another matter.

pretty sure Iroh specifically says Azula is such a sick badass that her fire burns hotter

How did all the airbenders get wiped out. when they could easily just make a vacuum around their enemies

If airbenders can suffocate people, they can suffocate flames

>Firebending seems kinda useless
Yeah. Except it provides you with cheap power source.

>Pacifists vs an agressive militarized nation.

>Air can't put out fire, you need vacuum for that.
Air Benders can do this, see the anarchist villain dude in Korra's season 3. It takes skill but you can literally suffocate your opponents by putting them in an airless vacuum.

>Pacifist tibetan monks vs japanese samurai army.
What do you think would happen?

That's only assuming that they wouldn't be able to pull the oxygen from the water to create a bubble

But they need vacuum to do that
Air benders can also fly, but Zahir was the first one in a long time to do it.

Oh ok, I've never watched Avatar so I didn't know they were pacifists.

>bend air out of an area
>vacuum is created
w o w

I get that the Fire nation was ruthless but at least they should've taken their own dead soldiers back home for burial.

Something you can't see the forest for the trees

That's want happens when useless firebending is used against an actually good element.

>Fire is just colored wind guys, stop pretending it's hot and burn things!

So much retards on the internet these days.

If I recall they also had the smallest population out of the four nations. Some of them did fight back, though.

Wouldn't the uric acid or whatever just fall to the ground since that's maybe technically earthbending?

the salt doesn't fall out of saltwater and sweat so...probably not?

But can water tribe girls bend my cum?

Fire also needs oxygen. Once space travel becomes a thing earthbenders will be GOAT

And what kind of range does a firebender have? all they have are fireballs which can and usually are bushed off. Firebenders lack any effective long range attacks which is why its pretty useless.

Earth bending seems the most powerful, considering you can mimic a lot of what water/air bending can do with sand bending.

Unless you're talking about only fighting, then blood bending is the quickest way to end a fight.

electricity doesn't.

And waterbenders.

Lightning does.

Airbending was clearly shown to be the most powerful in battle. But it lacks any special techniques like healing or metal bending, and you really have to get into all that spiritual shit to use it effectively. Maybe even need to be a vegan, so there's your balance.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning

c'mon, guys, seriously?

>speed
>temperature

the only time that takes is the bending movements.

and lightning is hotter than the surface of the sun.

but not everyone is a master and it takes time to learn each skill

unless your super prodigy like toph you could only focus on a singular earth bending skill

More rocks than water on most planets though

>Once space travel becomes a thing
Airbenders will be wanted more than anywhere, since they're the only ones who can theoretically, with advanced far-future airbending techniques, compress air and oxygen and depressurize their allies.

Only if lighting bending was a thing. then firebending would actually be useful

I think they'd figure out how to make oxygen tanks and stuff before being able to launch a rocket into space

That's not true though.

Air is pretty overpowered. It's the thing surrounding people virtually all time and that's just thinking up the ways of pushing people around or suffocating them. Airbenders can also fly and move around incredibly fast making them difficult to hit.

Waterbending is the only one that would be as overpowered due to the many uses it has.

the only water that counts is the one inside the bodies.

it's electricity, not lighting, it's just a name inherited from savage times. you can't run a power plant with lighgnting.

By the way, why can't they already launch rockets into space? Fire Nation had signal rockets all the way back in ATLA, and now they have combustion engines, airplanes, mechas and spirit nukes. I want a comic about Fire Nation and Earth Kingdom space race.

Are you sure?
Cause they cannot even seem to figure out how to make a gun. They had tanks, battleships and later planes and still no fire-arms.

You forget the Combustion technique though.

Certain specially trained firebenders can learn an extremely dangerous long-range method of attack where in they do some sort of telepathic air-density-compression and explode things across vast distances.... Also Lightning. Firebenders can make Lightning.

Firebending is interestingly enough restricted by COLD: the colder you are the shittier your firebending will become to the point of you just not being able to produce or bend any fire.

Yes you can, it's just not an effective way to operate a Power plant.

They have explosives and rockets, they just don't use them in guns, probably because they don't think it would be more effective than benders.

In one on one fights fire bending is may be low tier(which is debatable)

but fire bending is godtier when it comes to industry
A group of fire benders have an advantage when it comes to forging weapons,tanks and ships then earth,water and air benders

the fire nation was possibly decades if not hundreds of years ahead than the rest of the world

maybe a group of earth bender might have been able to overwhelm a group fire benders in a one on one fight but with the help of tanks and airships the technological gap was to high for bending prowess to cross

what??

azula and police boy can produce lightning.

I suppose firebenders contributed a lot to industrial development.

They can only direct it not naturally bend it like fire.

Wut? They create it.

Yeah but it takes time to use.

And the fire will follow. You can't create a vacuum unless youre a master level and even directing air so the fire weakens without simply changing it's path would be very hard to learn, and changing it's path would cause a lot of damage.

The airbending special technique is flight. And not just propelling yourself with blasts of air, which firebenders can basically do, but true, effortless dragonballz style levitation.

>that's just thinking up the ways of pushing people around or suffocating them.
Firebenders can do the same by burning the air around the victim. Thats what flamethrowers were used during WW2, not to set anyone on fire, but to shoot towards tiny windows of bunkers so the flames suck all the air inside and you have all the soldiers inside suffocate to death.

Honesty i forgot about combustion. You'd think everyone in the fire nation would want to shoot explosions from their foreheads.

I think it is hotter.

Can you elaborate on that? Isn't a lot of it frozen in one spot on cold planets or something?

Vacuums would be hard to maintain out of doors.
which is why gyatso ripped their lungs dry in that temple building

>I-I'm not going back in there, sir!

It seems fairly easy to not murder yourself with normal firebending.

Firebending is the second best direct attack element after Earth, and has a lot of use in industry.

Waterbending is the best element entirely because the writers kept stacking bullshit onto it until it became completely op. -basic- waterbending isn't outside the power scale, but with the extras it's ludicrous.

>fire is the weakest
In terms of raw power, maybe, but it's the utilities that put fire above the rest.
Earth benders wall themselves off from your attack? Surround them in fire and bake them, oven style.
Water bender? Evaporate their limited supply of water with your limitless supply of fire.
Air bender being elusive? Jet propel your ass to them and blitz their face off.
Surviving in harsh conditions with no clean water or food? Snipe the fauna with a rocketed sharp rock. Boil the water then drink it.

While i would still say earth is the best, fire is far from the weakest.

Gyatso died begging for his life.

Fire is better than water and earth because you don't need fire in your vicinity for your powers to work. Fucking hell, how can you forget this?

>we'll never get an MA rated avatar show
Fuck

>waterbending isn't outside the power scale, but with the extras it's ludicrous.
This.

I think they thought it was too underpowered since Katara was only limited to a water pouch most of the time, but they kept giving it specialty powers.

>Bending water in plants
Makes sense.

>Healing
I don't know how manipulating water can turn into glow-y healing magic, but whatever, it doesn't have much else going for it.

>also they can bend blood and spirits and shit
da fuck

It's purely symbolic art choice to represent her being a prodigy and make her stand out more from Zuko. It's the vitiligo or heterochromia of the bending world.

that's what i said

if that power were working correctly none cound ever scape an attack like that

They can at least essentially create their element instantly, giving them an objective advantage against earthbenders in that regard.
Depending on their skill level, they can also fly and/or theoretically move at great speeds using jet propulsion

I was thinking of a setting where the water or earth would be readily available,and in that setting everything>firebending

That's what i was getting at firebenders>everyone if lighting didn't have a charge up time.

>also they can bend blood
I mean, that makes sense. People are mostly water, but it's not very concentrated in most of the body. So it would be like Metalbending, where the actual mechanic is being skilled enough to detect and manipulate the small individual amounts of water in the body that add up to a lot.

I wish they showed more of that with the regular soldiers.

Earthbenders seem 2nd in that regard, once they have electricity established. By the time Kuriva came into the picture they had high-speed rails and mecha, because their knowledge of refining metals and earth to aid their production, putting them ahead of the Fire Nation's capabilities.

Waterbenders seemed to be most advanced in Medical industry and surgery tech, ect, which makes sense given water is the closest element fit to understand the human body.

Airbenders don't really seem to have any affinity for technology.

I also think that people have some sort of natural spiritual protection from benders bending something inside their bodies, that's why bloodbending requires so much power.

This.
It's forbidden for a reason. If it were taught more widely and more waterbenders used it that'd be the equivalent of arming them with biological warfare, too OP. Most Waterbenders have the capability for it given the number of Metal Benders that were able to learn it, but it's considered too immoral to teach.

>suffocating
Zaheer needed like a whole minute to suffocate one person. is simply not a very eficient way of killing people.

Okay but by the same logic as Bloodbending, a firebender ought to be able to bend the heat in your body to flash-burn you with a gesture, in a manner no more dodgeable than Bloodbending.

Direct body manipulation is way too op.

Nah bloodbending would be too op that's the only reason for the full moon requirement.

Hey, it was good enough to render the air nomads to ash and to make the rest of the world the bitch of the fire nation

Yet they can bend water to the point where it can cut steel beams.

Or because its a Kids show.

yeah make sense they would have to neuter the realism. gritty avatar would be boring

That's not how heat works necessarily, there's nothing that exploitable, something insane like putting their hand on your body and exploding you from kinetic energy/raw heat instead, altho not necessarily from the fire 'inside' your body.

Which doesn't seem something too far off from what Combustion man or woman could learn.

>user for fire to burn you need air, fuel and heat. How can you beat fire with one of the things needed for it to burn?
i don't know, how about you actually watch the show. Aang's shown to blow fire away with air bending often
hell, the sequence where he takes Ozai's bending away actually has him do it point-blank

If Iroh can breathe fire I don't see why a firebender can't shoot fire from their anus.