We always talk about how cool a warhammer series would be...

We always talk about how cool a warhammer series would be. Are their any other /tg/ related material that would make for a excellent series?

Other urls found in this thread:

keychain.patternspider.net/archive/koc0001.html
idwpublishing.com/product-category/magic-the-gathering/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Are their any other /tg/ related material that would make for a excellent series?
Following a team of Shadowrunners would be a bitchin Cyberpunk series, and Legend of the Five rings could scratch that avatar itch of ancient oriental culture influenced settings without going full Weeaboo.
And Capeshit fags could have their shit taste satiated with MtG and the Jacetic league.

Power tier wise, outside of eldrazi.

Nico bolas and ugin are the most powerful right?

>>outside of eldrazi

The Old World of Darkness, I suppose.

Exalted would be sweet.

this will sound retarded but as a kid I always wanted a proper yugioh cartoon. every episode they would follow an archtype through its own world
>six samurai and how they got to where they are
>the history of ancient gears
>the events in the dark worlds
>adventures of ojamas
>the battles between dark magician and blue eyes

things like.

>newwalkers
Not anymore it wouldn't.

>Who is Yawgmoth?

Alpha Centauri

>tfw no MTG series taking place during the Brother's War

Animation Castlevania style will do it better than any live action adaptation.
Godbound would be better.

How about a new Dungeons & Dragons cartoon?

>the one episode to just fuck around intsead of clip shows
>its toonworld
>animated by trigger via spacepatrol luluco

Face it. If we get any Sup Forums for MTG it will just follow the JACEtice League.

He's better like an anti hero with a redemption arc, the best MC is Chandra

How bout Fell's Five: The Animated Series?

Godbound has a better game ruleset, but Exalted has a better setting.

I'd love a Paranoia show/comic with the same kind of humor as TF2.

Hell give us a Keychain of Creation show, have the people behind Archer do it.

keychain.patternspider.net/archive/koc0001.html

An Infinity series based around some scummy Nomads would be awesome

Dammit I'm reading Ten Winds with H John Benjamin's voice.

>We'll start with the basics. Of course, since you're Exalted, the level is raised a little. Now punch that river in half

An Wizard who didn't follow the Evil Overlord List, got greased and now his ultimate weapon is wreaking havoc across the multiverse.

Jace is cool now. He stopped being an edgelord and a whiny cubicle worker and grew a personality.

There already is an MtG comic series, featuring DACK FAYDEN.

A prequel to Outrage featuring Uhahu perhaps?
Or a sequel featuring both Uhahu and Emily after they defected to Nomads, possibly exploring Uhahu's backstory

You mean he became a pirate.

What Wizards needs to do is get some fuckin' books out like Games Workshop does. The Black Library is great.
We need an actual story instead of forcing the interns to write blogposts under the story-tag on the site.
And we need to retroactively change the comic-con Jae Lee planeswalkers to decent ones. At least change Lily.

Same thing.

t. jace

Weren't there books under MtG license? I'm sure there were.

Dead, that's who.

idwpublishing.com/product-category/magic-the-gathering/

Just so you know.

Yar har fiddle-dee-dee!

After featherlight they all sucked shit.

Yeah there's a whole bunch. Like they've got this half-assed story in the mix atm with the Gate Watchengers. I'd love for them to actually hire a writer instead of using interns to possibly fill in the gap between sets or something.

or we could get a grounded mtg cartoon story about some kids that start playing magic, no hologram duels.

Kamigawa was good fuck you.

Kamigawa sequels incoming.

Doctor who found a disease that turned people into cyborgs, distilled the disease into a poison to use to make an army FOR SCIENCE!. Head Mages of the ancient civilization were like "FUCK THAT" exiled his ass to a different world filled with cannibals. What's a mad doc to do you ask? Infect those cannibal loving monstrosities with the disease poison to turn them into Zombie Cyborg Cannibals (tm). Turns the plane he's exiled on into literal Hell (Nine layers and the like) with the ZCC slaves, including transforming himself into an all powerful Cyborg GOD. Eventually finds a way to get back to his universe/plane which is also essentially the center of the Multiverse and decides "Lets get revenge on these pricks that exiled me eh?"

It was okay.

Opinions on Dominaria with the lump of dog-shit that was M25?

Dick Lasagnacat will save us.

Got to agree with user, dude's come a loooonnng way from where he started out years ago.

That's what Duel Master manga originally was. Wizards didn't like it, so they made up a Magic lite game for the anime adaptation.

HEH

Are we going to see how well they rolled on their anal circumference?

No, and also ugin doesnt even rank that high on the powerlevel chart as far as walkers go. Urza was clearly stronger than him and is considered one of the weaker pre mending walkers. Bolas on the other hand is as powerful as you think and is around yawgmoths powerlevel premending.

Now from the way I see things post mending, Ugin and Nicol Bolas are implied to be the same power level wise. Its just a difference in how they fight, both in terms of mana coloration and willingness to kill, and the only reason Ugin lost in his only fight with Nicol Bolas is because Nicol Bolas caught wind of his and Azor's plan to drop Bolas on Ixalan and attacked him while his back was turned.

>and is around yawgmoths powerlevel
He fucking wishes. Yawgmoth killed oldwalkers without even noticing they were there.

I always wanted an animated adaptation of The Thran.

Is Yawgmoth the strongest non-walker there is? (Including gods and the like, hell if there is a walker stronger than him I'd like to know).

>Doctor who found a disease that turned people into cyborgs, distilled the disease into a poison to use to make an army
But that's wrong. The cure was replacing the infected organs with machines which is what led to the creation of Phyrexians.

His final form in the story was a force of pure black magic, he essentially shugged off his physical body to turn into a cloud that killed everything it touched, then bring back to life under his control, killing numbers in the millions in the process. the Weatherlight's and Urza's response was to shoot a concentrated beam of pure white mana into the cloud, gathered from Dominaria's Artifical Moon for thousands of years at Yawgmoth. This didn't kill him, but it did weaken him enough to the point that the combined energy from the Legacy weapons, Urza, Gerrard, and Karn shot him point blank with what was basically a magic NUKE that finally done Yawgmoth in once and for all.

Yes. He also is probably a top 3 candidate for most powerful being, period.

Yeah, my bad, I havent had to tell Yawgmoth's history in a while to people.

Didn't he just find that nine layer hellplane(that some other ancient walker had made) and re-purposed it to suite his plans?

Nope, he got another planeswalker to take him there, after using the disease to create a religion based around the idea of shedding off flesh for machine parts to the phyrexians, he used his convertees to construct Phyrexia into what it eventually became

I wish they'd reprint all this so I don't have to read it on my laptop or watch that fat ugly fuck Wedge talk about it while he breathes heavily for 40 minutes.

40k inquisitior show could work. Or a Cain series.

Pre-mending lore sounds like the most boring power wankfest ever whenever I hear about it.

You can have pre-mending wankfest or you can have post-mending corporate snoozefest.

fuck yeah robot house

Third option: focus on the unique stories of each fantastic world without constant multiverse-spanning cosmic calamities.

Well that, mixed in with your typical fantasy escapism, combined with a story the likes of an epic. Its start with the Thran book, and doesnt stop until a couple books later during the apocalypse set from what I remember. Whats even cooler is that you can actually piece the entire Weatherlight Saga together via collecting the cards from the set. Look it up, its actually kind of neat.

I miss lorwyn.
The worst part is if wizard ever goes back they will just fuck it up with eldrazi like they did to innistrad.

Fucking please, Chandra became hot garbage during Kaladesh and dragged Nissa down along with her. The only difference there is that Nissa actually got better in Amonkhet. Jace/Gideon are the best MCs now, and if they follow Jace they can do the Ixalan story.

They'll need to totally redo the factions side plot though, fucking christ story team.

Eberron.

I didn't mind the eldrazi coming back for Eldritch Moon but I do understand why people hated the obvious reveal of Emrakul. What I was surprised about was how it was making Nahiri the villain to summon a piece of Emrakul onto innistrad to fuck Sorin over, I was kind of hoping it'd be Garruk but eh, you take what you can get.

I wasn't around for Lorwyn but I do want to go back to it sometime because I loved the lands in that set, or hell, maybe New Phyrexia because I'm a big Phyrexian fan

who /started in Masques/ here?

Not me, But I did begin in the Time Spiral set

I dig those swamp

The eldrazi are weak as fuck, they got ganked by post mending walkers.

Slapstick show about dick-ass Skaven being shits all day.

The entire point of mtg was that you were playing as millennia old godbeings using beings to fight each other. Till they wanted to make it "relatable" so they dumbed down the lore and the game. Fuck the sets now are just awful

I think they took the wrong lessons from Zendikar and Innistrad. They made two blocks that did two things people loved about magic, adventure and creepy shit, and instead of going "man, we should do more adventure and creepy shit" they went "wow we are so amazing at turning real world things into card things" and now we keep getting watered down knockoffs of stuff that's sort of interesting from the real world.

At least Garfield is back for the new Dominaria set.

Man, you guys can keep your money hole, I'd rather git gud enough to draw a couple of cards for them.
Or just straight up Deff Skwadron, 'cause we'd get more laughs out of Orkz than Skaven.

It's not boring, but it is absurd and stupid.

Now Nicky B. is boring. I can't wait til they dust him.

>Fuck the sets now are just awful
pirates and dinosaurs are creature types now....

pirates should have been mercenaries dammit, thats a long over due creature time.

and dinos ruined the theme for jund

>pirates are creature types now
>now

geez they've been playing around with pirate creatures for a while, nothing solid till now.

ROBOTHOUUUUUUUUUUUSE

>Pirates and dinosaurs how could they ruin that??
>They make extremely modest sailor moms and feathered generic lizard beasts

One day I'll stop being surprised.

Who /hivemind/ here?
Also the concept of new slivers sucks but they are better, dammit.

>slivers
Fuck them. Fuck them through and through. Then again, I have a bogles deck, so I don't have much room to talk.

that's a nice board state you have right there.

it'd be a shame if something happened to it.

I cast Blood moon

>we will never get this

>No Nightbane cartoon

pathfinder hace comics and they are allright, i kind of want to make or read comics about the new paizo game starfinder

didnt exalted had comics?

DELETE THIS

"Nice auras you've got there, it would be a shame that something happened to them"

Give it to Sanderson. Or at least make him to oversee them - he loves his magic systems.

nice

It has a few issues done by UDON, but honestly the fan comics/fictions out there are better.

I just need something to fill in the Bloodlines vacuum.