"oh my God! look at the COOL and deep character that Kate is!!!

"oh my God! look at the COOL and deep character that Kate is!!!
boooooh, look at the shallow and overrated Bruce! you tell her guuurl!!! #gurrlpowa
i hope Batman was Marvel character so i could gender swap him..."

basically the whole point of Tynion's run.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PfH3bDPNGHw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Babra is kind of Hypocrite, if you don't agree with batman method and you agree with stephany that batman is selfish douche, you go *** your self and become something else that is not batgirl.

I mean if batman's method worked the the villains wouldn't treat prison like a revolving door. It kind just undermines his purpose when they literally suffer no concequences. Barb was stupid though. I just really don't like batman.

>I mean if batman's method worked the the villains wouldn't treat prison like a revolving door
Then none of the heroes' methods work. Capeshit btfo.

:i would love to see babs to be written like an adult, but definitely not in the tynion/bennett's "i'm better than everyone" way

It's probably why I stopped reading comics that get serious about it. You can't be serious about a premise that's faulty.

basically the whole point of Tynion's run.

yeah and BATMAN would just stand there and stumble over his words looking like a scared puppy during an argument with his underlings. the only person who doesn't get to have any say in an argument about HIS symbol is batman himself. if Kate doesn't want to adopt the Batman way, she doesn't get to wear the Batman symbol, simple as that. your argument sucks Barbara.
oh and once again, everything comes back to Martha... baka
thank god this hack won't be on this book for much longer

Well Tynion is making no pretense about who this run really has been about

Tynion discussed his run on Detective Comics, which started at the dawn of the Rebirth era in 2016 and is coming to a close this spring. “We just announced, last week, that issue #981, at the end of May, is actually going to be my last issue of Detective Comics,” Tynion said. “I’m working on some pretty big, amazing things that I can’t talk about yet.”

“This story was always coming to a culmination point here,” Tynion continued, specifically referring to Tim Drake and Kate Kane’s arcs. Tynion said the series is “entering a very dangerous moment,” and “I’m sad to leave Gotham, but this is the end of the story I’ve been telling for two years.”

>Dick doesn't think Batman's methods work
>Goes off to become Nightwing

>Jason doesn't think Batman's methods work
>Goes off to become Red Hood

>Tim doesn't think Batman's methods work
>Goes off to become Red Robin

>Barbara doesn't think Batman's methods work
>Sticks around as Batgirl for a million years because she wants that Batdick

Come to think of it, I've never actually seen a character roasted and owned that hard in their own title like Batman has been under Tynion.

Batmans methods works, the one who fails the criminals is the criminal justice system.

Only becauase the story needs it too. It honestly feels like criminals come back because batman needs to do something. When he could have just permanently disabled them by breaking their spinal cord. Keeping them alive but mostly disabled.

>REEEE HOW DARE PEOPLE THINK BATGOD ISN'T PERFECT. REEEE BATGOD IS THE BEST YOU CAN'T SAY BATWOMAN IS BETTER REEEE, REEEE WOMEN CAN'T BE BETTER THAN BATGODMEN. REEEE.

There was no rational discourse not that I think a debate on the no kill rule could ever be rational. The myth works only because of that rule. But still Bruce fails to present any points of his own, Dick was like "I dunno cause I'm a moron with a heart of gold in a Tynion comic". Then Babs and Jason tear in to Bruce. Talk about a horrid one sided affair, meanwhile Basil Karlo's death is already yesterday's news.

What's the different between Red Robin and Batgirl?

Then go and read the flop Batwoman comics.

And any decent non jobbing Bat villain would smoke her ass on her first night.

>Tim doesn't think Batman's methods work
>Goes off to become Red Robin
That's not what happened, though. He went Red Robin because Bruce "died" and since Dick as Batman saw him as an equal the B&R dynamic wouldn't work.

Then Bruce came back and Damian was already the new Robin.

>Barbara saying they can't be held responsible by anyone and other miscellaneous bullshit.
The argument that Bruce can't control Kane was more or less sound but everything else was retarded as fuck. The first thing keeping superheroes in line is other superheroes. Kane hid vital information and made a call that violated standard operating procedure without any input from the rest of the team, leading to the death of a teammate. Meanwhile, Barbara wasn't there and got all her information from Stephanie, a bitchy fuck up with a grudge against Batman. Couple that with her latest fuck up where Barb got her own teammate killed and she hardly has any ground to stand on. What the fuck is Barbara even doing there anyway?

Too bad her current comics are doing its best to destroy her legacy as Oracle.

>I mean if batman's method worked the the villains wouldn't treat prison like a revolving door.

To be fair, if Jason's methods worked, villains wouldn't treat death like a revolving door.

You shoot the gun, and they either:

A) Get away somehow, because they're popular and you don't want to lose your A-lister villain.
B) Get dead, but they're popular so they'll come back to life through some bullshit method, or "I DIDN'T REALLY DIE!"
C)Only the C-Lister fools die for good. And they're soon to be replaced with even more villains.

The problem isn't the character's methods. It's comic book writers.

>The problem isn't the character's methods. It's comic book writers.

The problem isn't comic book writers. They at least write permanent stuff on each their runs. Blame the comic writing system, which is broken and merely an excuse to make better movie adaptations later on.

Is it just me or does Barbs kinda come off like an insensitive bitch considered she’s just openly shitting on Batman and tries to come off like she’s know more than anyone, for fucks sake not everything’s about Bruce there discussing batwomens actions since she killed clay face

Bruce can do it, but also that pretty much shows kate isnt part of the batfamily and will never will

>just really don't like batman.

At least you are honest and you are not one of those autists that pretend they complaints are not just hatred for a fictional character.

It doesn't help that Barb wasn't involved in any of this the entire time and one of her own teammates got killed because he took the fall for her doing illicit shit. She should be relieved of the costume almost as much as Kane should be.

I just have problems with the character in that system. When comics were lighthearted that system was platable. Now you have villains with 1k+ kill counts. It's just awful.

I like Batman, but he deserves to be called out from time to time because how many characters were downplayed just for Batman? Just look at Jason Todd who his image as Robin was ruined just for Batman manpain and spare him the blame.

Blame Gotham's justice system. If it actually worked, most of the criminals would have been executed long ago. Robot Chicken got it right.

youtube.com/watch?v=PfH3bDPNGHw

Gotham's system doesn't work because of comic book writers. It's something that won't change and because of that it just makes batman as immoral as the system he helps defend.

Team Batman
Dick
Damian
Cass
Team Batwoman
Jason
Babara
Stefh
Luke

DC Civil War 2018

I don't remember Dick and Damian taking Batman side.

The guy just catches the criminals and is against killing them in the process. You don't blame cops for not killing a perp when they are able to arrest them.

Batfags still triggered that he finally gets called out on his bullshit?

Batwomanfags >>: Tumblr Feminism

Tim doesn't get to be on a team.

Damian.

>triggered
Ain't you a clever landwhale.

Damian what? He didn't say anything except his usual snark.

Alfred ?

assblasted, mad, seething, whatever you like lad

Team Batman.

>It's a Sup Forums gets mentioned in Sup Forums episode

Batwoman sucks, and honestly can be dropped from the bloated Batfamily. I'm not going to give her shit for taking the shot, but I am going to give her shit for making the decision on her own. She's on a team, and everyone needs to be on the same page. I'm not saying Batman should direct everyone so their his bitch squad, but she made an impulsive decision that has now put the team in a splintered state. Hell Cass can't even function right now. You put on a Bat logo, you represent everyone

There was no rational discourse not that I think a debate on the no kill rule could ever be rational. The myth works only because of that rule. But still Bruce fails to present any points of his own, Dick was like "I dunno cause I'm a moron with a heart of gold in a Tynion comic". Then Babs and Jason tear in to Bruce. Talk about a horrid one sided affair, meanwhile Basil Karlo's death is already yesterday's news.

why are you quoting me, i said nothing about Sup Forums

Kates has always sold terribly.

>And any decent non jobbing Bat villain would smoke her ass on her first night.
The same as batman.

No.

How has Detective Comics been lately? I dropped it after the whole Tim-outsmarting-Jor-El insanity.

You just did.

Interesting detail, The Doomsday Clock is supposed to be set a year into the future of the DC universe and Batman is wearing a new costume and logo.
Now that you mention Batwoman, they sure keep like portraying her as someone who become some sort of villain in the future. Future Tim kept saying she was going to do something terrible in the future and she was also the "villain" in the New World Order miniseries (not canon I know, but still).

Kate is a bad character, at least on that we all agree on.

>calls out Batman
>like that's never been done before
>like 90% of the time anyone who calls out Batman doesn't turn out to be wrong or half-right

This is Tynion level crap now, stories that exist for the sake of wanking.

Estrogen.

This. Why Batfans are triggered again? Batman is rarely allowed to be wrong.

And Batwoman is shit.Detective is predictable and cliche as usual.

Trust me, I don't like this nagging bitch. I juat think people overreacting over muh Batman is dumb.

Why are we even talking about Tynion's Detective here? it craps on Batman and has nothing to do with Batman. Tynion has an arc(s) for everyone but Bruce Wayne.

He just wants to misuse Batman's name to wank his favorites, ooh Tim as Batman now. JPV is Batman, everyone is better than Batman, Kate is Batman's cousin. Everyone is defined with respect to Batman one way or the other.

>Tynion has an arc(s) for everyone but Bruce Wayne
Because Bruce has multiple books already while the rest only has Tec? This is a really strange thing to nitpick about.

It happens every time, man. More and more people realize the cliche every time, but more people get involved in the fandom every time.

: I think he just doesn't understand the characters. That, and the team is just overcrowded for him to handle. Moreover, this guy was bad during New52 as well, so no surprise his 'Tec is not well-received.

It's also kind of irritating the two people who were actually there had absolutely no input. Kate, because she's AWOL, punching gorillas. Cass, because..fuck I dunno.

I'm kind of disappointed she didn't take matters into her own hands.

I just saw someone on Tumblr (never ever go on that site, it's not worth the loss of brain cells), actually say that Bruce can't take Kate in a fight.

Batwoman should actually be closer to mid '40s.

Kate being the main focus of Detective Comics forced me to drop that title, not even Cass and Basil were enough to keep them on my pull list

Poor Martha gets the blame for everything these days!

My eyes immediately went to Jason's camel toe...

Let me try to read that again.

Team Batman but rightfully calls everyone out on being idiots wasting their time.

Does the book even talk about Batman?

Arc one Tim have great idea
Arc two whine about Tim
Arc three Tim girlfriend is upset
Arc four tim is back and fighting future Tim
Arc five Tim idea is NOT working
Arc six Tim and Kate are fighting

No detective skill
No Batman

No, because Batman is shit and has plot armor.

Jason pls.

I thought the "terrible" thing she was going to do was killing Clayface, wich she did.

Jason is Katet's bitch.

Team Batman- Find Out Who's Siding with Bruce.
Not Jason.
No surprises here.

do the sires even talk about Batman?
arc one Tim got an idea
arc two whines about Tim
arc three Tim girlfriend is upset
arc four Tim is back and fighting future Tim
arc five Tim's idea isn't working
arc six Tim and Kate are fighting

NO detective skill
NO Batman
arc four Tim is back