How sorry do you feel for Bill?

How sorry do you feel for Bill?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7nkrzI9GwNk
youtube.com/watch?v=gyL8VkjvoWg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Everything that happens to him is his own fault.

He'll be okay.

youtube.com/watch?v=7nkrzI9GwNk

Not much when he keeps trying to cuck Hank.

Depends on the writer, but there's times where even when he just speaks or says something average everyone stares at him, ignores him, or tells him to shut up and it's not funny and it's just cringeworthy. Some of these times aren't even "shut up dale" type gags where it's because he said something retarded or outlandish, just trying to speak up and be included.

Everyone basically sees him as a chore in 97% of the series not including flashbacks. It's kinda shitty, it and Peggy are really the only things keeping me from saying this is my favorite series. I will say it sets itself up for whenever he does get along with someone, like or the gay rodeo episode, makes it more sweet than if he was just on good terms with them all the time.

I feel bad for how his life went downhill after high school, a stint in the army that never went anywhere and a shit marriage, but he is responsible for lifting himself out of the hole.

Also, why doesn't he use his military benefits to get therapy?

I think it's pretty much impossible for him to be happy due to the show's writers. They were so focused on every time something good happened to him having him become a jackass because cliche.

>dumb oaf character no one likes gets gud but becomes a jackass to everyone else
outside of these moments there's rarely times he deserves what he gets, i don't think his friends fully understand how broken he is

Except in the insane asylum episode he wanted to stay in the hospital for treatment but hank refused so hank is responsible for bill's behavior at that point

Dangit Bill you are not insane!

Very. He's a sick man that's gone through tragedy after tragedy and no one seems to actually care. Dale and Hank being the worst of it. I'm going to sound like a moralfag, but I can't cosign with this idea that someone who's clearly dealing with shit beyond their control should be laughed at just because he's such a loser.

I don't. Bill's real personality without life shitting on him all the time is a huge asshole who seems actively dangerous to those around him.

It's best for everyone that he stays in his rut.

Why do you keep on calling Lenore, Bill?

desu the entire gang is pretty much responsible for never getting him professional help. Then again, these are the same friends that let Dale get cucked for 15 years without saying a word.

WHYY DO YOU KEEP CALLIN' ME BItch

thats literally the answer to everyone's problems.

I feel sorry that Bill reminds me of myself.

Extremly, hes like if my personality from when i was 10 became a lonely 40 year old man. Now im just a bitter 20 something, and instead of being caring and sweet like bill im hateful and resentful at life.

Maybe that's the takeaway you were supposed to have. A lot of people on Sup Forums seem to think having a flawed or unlikable character means that somehow its an oversight on the part of the writers.

I get that he's depressed and has/had a shit life on top of it, but he's regularly such a gross and creepy fuck that I can't actually sympathize with him until they go to extremes with it (ex. Pretty, Pretty Dresses).

Even if you hate Peggy, stuff like him openly wanting to fuck her and doing shit like keeping her body cast or stealing the Hills' garbage or following her while she's driving is more than enough to make him seem like a piece of shit. The times when he gets power and becomes an asshole don't even register for me because they're not even close to his worst.

There was also that time he was going to poison the Hills just to keep them bed ridden before Hank caught him.

Happy birthday
youtube.com/watch?v=gyL8VkjvoWg

I like to imagine that in the end everyone was a little more better off than we the show happened. Including Bill.

I see him as a cautionary tale.

Bill had a hard life.

Like every KOTH character, your sympathy for him decreases the more episodes you watch. If you were a casual viewer that only saw a couple of Bill-centric episodes you would feel sorry for him, but taking everything in the series as a whole? He's a worthless piece of shit who doesn't deserve an ounce of sympathy.

i feel sorry for him a bit but he has been shown to be able to get to a better place but fucks it up for himself

>The time Bill went mad with power and had Hank locked in a cage.
>The time Bill had a shot at a legitimate long-term relationship with Reverend Stroop and decided he didn't want her when he had her.
>The time Bill had a sure shot at a relationship with two of the insanely hot widows of his dead relatives and didn't try for anything more than casual sex.
>The times that it's clear that Bill can get in shape easily if he tries, he just doesn't give enough of a shit to try.
>The times it's clear Bill is a fantastic chef, but refuses to do anything with it and instead eats spaghetti with cold tomato sauce instead.
>The time he blew it with the former governor of Texas by running around behind her back with the woman who ruined his life.
>The fact that he constantly openly fantasizes about Peggy in front of Hank.

It's hard to feel TOO bad for Bill.

literally "r9k: the character"

They care, but if you know someone like that and they're important to you they still feel like a chore to handle. Bill was a great guy when he was younger and he had a lot going for him, the whole thing with Lenore must have messed him up so badly. Hank and Dale have their own problems, they have families and realistically they can't spend much time looking out for Bill to make sure everything's okay with him that day, so it has to be frustrating when he acts out because juggling a job, a kid and finances there's hardly room for anything else. It's why they all hate Lenore so much, she seemed key in turning their best friend into a helpless old man. You can probably see some similarities between Bill and Buck Strickland, in some ways.