Just wondering. Does anyone have any Disney Channel recordings from the late 90s?

Just wondering. Does anyone have any Disney Channel recordings from the late 90s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EO8SXtBKnKc
youtube.com/watch?v=Ca2jOat-bZA
youtube.com/watch?v=ThCN3O5PfCs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All of my recordings are Disney XD

Anyone?

what recording? random commercials, just anything the channel showed, specific series?

Mostly commercials and bumpers and promos, although the shows would be nice too. Anything from April 6, 1997 when the channel revamped its look to December 31, 1999 would be awesome

>XD
fuckoff

I've got recordings of old bbc2 Simpsons episodes. Fuck knows if the tapes still work

That's cool

I know somewhere I’ve got a recorded episode of PB&J Otter on VHS, don’t know if that’s what you’re looking for, though.

That's what I am looking for. I love PB&J Otter and I would love that. That's definitely late 90s Disney. I'm ok with anything late 90s Disney when it comes to VHS Tapes

who has movie surfers episodes?

early ones

If I remember correctly there's some project online somewhere where people have this kind of thing backed up. Just tons of recordings from old VHS tapes.

Myspleen has a bit, though a lot of it is early 90s and 80s. Is there anything in particular you're looking for?

I’ve just got to find it, it’s in a box somewhere.

I'm looking for Nicktoons Network uploads, myself. Super comfy, the promos, shorts, shows. Perfect "before bed" programming.

So why did people just so happen to tape the bumpers and commercials back then? It’s not like they knew there’d be platforms like YouTube to post them on. Why would someone decide to just tape the commercials insead of the actual show unless it’s like the Super Bowl?

wasnt disney channel premium cable back then? really lowers the odds somebody recorded anything

people recorded actual shows to watch later. VCRs were dumb, so they got all the promos and commercials

now its [current year] and people upload the old commercials and bumps to youtube for nostalgia, and because uploading the whole show would no doubt be a copyright strike

When I was a kid, my dad would record a lot of Little Bear, Blues Clues, etc. stuff. Often, there would be a commercial break between episodes, so rather than pause the video he'd just kept the VCR recording through the promos and the next episode.

Some of those VHS tapes still exist in my house somewhere. I really need to dig through them one day.

I remember Disney Channel having a series about hobbies where they'd show somebody with an unusual skill.

One in particular that I remember from back then was this girl who would do a bunch of yoyo tricks and the camera just kept focusing on her chest the entire time.

Use youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=EO8SXtBKnKc
youtube.com/watch?v=Ca2jOat-bZA
youtube.com/watch?v=ThCN3O5PfCs

Disney Channel was the first of the 3 big kids networks to turn to shit. By 2000 and Zog Disney it already was garbage, replacing all of its variety and cartoons with live action tweeny bop bullshit. A trend that endures to this day.

Nickelodeon went to shit about 2006, Cartoon Network 2007 then again in 2013.

It was, but it slowly started to be more and more of a basic cable network in the late 90s. In March 1998, Disney was in 35 million homes. That may not be much, but it was a big improvement, considering that Disney was only in 7 million homes in January 1993, which was 5 years prior