Can't wait to watch Captain Marvel!

Can't wait to watch Captain Marvel!

So its going to be the same as like 97% of the MCU?

It will probably be mediocre as fuck and still be the best thing to happen to Carol in decades.

I can

Whoa there! Aren't you sassy and smartass!

They struggled to come up with a personality for Carol. They thought fuck it and went for the default action comedy.

No, that's Captain Marvel

Oh no! Now people will like that and not our shitty Jingle All the Way Captain Shazam

>action comedy
Another shitty Gotg clone just like Ragnarok

Quipkino in the hooouse.

Well its not like they were going to do murder-boner fascist Carol

It's Captain Marvel, it was gonna be shit no matter what

Better than green motorbike asslet

So literally every marvel movie save winter soldier then?

Krypton master race

Look.

Captain Marvel has never had a noteworthy story. She's not unlike Antman where the character works better as a support rather than a lead. Its honestly worse in that unlike Scott or Hank or even Eric, Carol has never really had a personality. She went from generic hero to coma
plot device to alcoholic fuck up (aka stealing from Iron Man) to in-universe perfect icon cause name rights/tumblr fanbase.

So like Antman, this movie is clearly going to be exactly like Iron Man 1. Anyone that thought they weren't going to try to make her female Tony or even female Hal Jordan is a fool. Carol is too unlikable to be like anything from any comic incarnation and Feige knows it.

Can even the Carol-Corps save this movie at this point?

Black Panther received aid by being established in another movie before his solo, and despite there being numerous other black hero movies was treated as a first for the black community, and Wonder Woman is basically THE biggest name in Female super heroes in the world, and had decades of material known to the general public, even receiving female-only viewings when it hit theaters.

But Carol, what does Carol have? Most long time readers hated the change, she has no onscreen presence to lure in the average movie goer, she's been written like an insufferable train wreck in most of the events, KSD basically wiped the slate clean so that older readers barely recognize her, and unfortunately has a large fanbase of people the world generally finds insufferable.

>comedy
>sassy and smartass

Why are you so obsessed with what DCs doing?

The only way to save this trash is adding Moonst...
>Marvel track record with villains

>Captain Marvel has never had a noteworthy story
Wrong.

I agree except that Iron Man 1 is nothing like Ant Man

They will push it as "wonder woman from marvel" and now we need more female superhero movies

Media will spam her as if Carol was ever Marvel female idol and an important character

Well Carol sucks so they need to play it very safe.

The carol corps were never actually a thing. Her sales numbers prove as much.

user, this is Ladderbro. Ladderbro, user.

>They will push it as "wonder woman from marvel"
I thought Black Panther was Marvel's WW?

Cape's too short, boots look fucking weird
It's not the final costume. Can't defend the ass though

>I thought Black Panther was Marvel's WW?
He did save a white pilot, and live in a civilization hidden by an invisible barrier...oh god...

So baggy...

>Cape's too short, boots look fucking weird

That's the fucking big red cheese, he's always had a shorter cape than most other capes out there. If anything his cape's too long.

>Allison Brie is going to get propped up as this phenomenally attractive woman just like Daisy Riley even though they're both 7s at fucking best

Captain Marvel confirmed for being the biggest hit in Ireland's history.

That's true. Although when the cape isnt off to the side, it looks awkward. Still stand by the boots being bad.

Structurally, its extremely similar.

>well meaning fuck up makes a realization about how he wants his abilities to make a positive influence on the world
>female love interest is a corporation running shrew
>has an elderly, exposition spouting mentor
>has a minority best friend who knows his secrets and helps him out in the climax
>villain is literally a bald CEO turned evil, bigger version of the hero in time for the climax, as nonsensical as it is that said character would put on the suit
>literally do the "next time baby" scene with Hope looking at the Wasp suit

Obviously IM1 is a far better film and Antman has a heist bent to it, but yeah, its pretty clear.

Retard

"Carol Corps" were, like, 50 fat girls on tumblr.

Sass is what empowered people do, user. Welcome to the modern era. Isn't it great.

Hopefully it will bring some much-needed levity to the Marvel Universe.

So you guys saw that Infinity war is coming 27th now?

>DC copies Marvel's solo-centered film formula to make a good film
>Marvel copies DC's Wonder Woman to make Black Panther a hit
>DC will now try to copy the success of Black Panther in their next slate of films
IT DOESN'T STOP! THE CAPESHIT RIDE WILL NEVER STOP!

Yep. It's probably because fans got sick of the UK getting films a week early.

Doesn't Aquaman revolve around him fighting for the throne of Atlantis from an evil despot, and receiving aid from one of his rivals?

They already have.

I think he mistook noteworthy with good in all fairness.

It's because Deadpool got moved so Avengers has to get out of the way.

>They're making an accurate adaptation of the comics
Good.

Would you prefer Snyder garbage?

i hope to god they don't try something like wonder woman and have a "Only female" screening. that shit was both gay and retarded

No, but this isn't an accurate depiction of Captain Marvel.. Granted, any version of the character sucks, but this doesn't fit any version of her character

t. hasn't read any Carol books

Why are you so obsessed with DC, Ladderbro?

That's Carol Danvers aka Ms. Marvel, We're talking about the skrull that took her place, nuCarol.

She's even more funny now though.

Dykes are funny, yes.

>TSA Agent jokingly asks for her number
>Posts a rant on Twitter
>Tom Hiddleston looks at her tits
>Laughs it off
Women are odd. They think perverts and suitors are somehow opposites and try to change what won't be.

Dyke my ass thats a full blown man.

Cause one was a TSA agent, I haven't flown in years but I'm fairly sure the world still hates them, and the other is a cute british boy, that can be quite fucking charming, getting caught doing something that is legitimately amusing and then given her an oopsey daisy laugh.

Hiddleston is gay. She doesn't mind.

>Action Comedy
So it's exactly like every other MCU movie. This is news how??

A-Anons, I...

> TSA Agent: "W-would you g-give me your n-number, Miss Larson."
> FUCK OFF YOU RAPIST!

> Hiddleston: "Nice tits, Brie, would sure love to suck them off and fuck your tight ass!"
> HHAHAHA TOM YOU ARE SO FUNNY!

Based Vision poster.

I understood that reference.

Anything is better than the repugnant bull-dyke we've got in the comics. Make her funny, and you know, somewhat likable.

>Hey we don't know how to make Guardians of the Galaxy work!
Make it an action comedy!
>Hey we don't know how to make Ant-Man work!
>Hey we don't know how to make Doctor Strange work!
>Hey we don't know how to make Thor 3 work!
>Hey we don't know how to make Captain Marvel work!

>Marvel: *makes fun movies balancing light heartedness and action*
>internet: we like the fact that Marvel movies don't take themselves too seriously
>Marvel: *suddenly very self-conscious* Yeah yeah we are fun haha hoho *honks clown nose*
>mfw

"Carol, no one likes you, Carol. Its an involuntary reaction to you being an obnoxious bitch."

"And you?"

"Even though my amygdala is synthetic, I find you.. .repugnant."

"By the way, I hope your movie fails so Wanda and I get one."

"You're dead and I'm going to bang your girlfriend now."

reverse BRAAAP

I hope the story they go with in the sequel is the one where she gets raped by her son who she moves to another dimension with. It'll be like The Odd Couple.

If it ain't broke

She could always get mind controlled like Bucky and Venom if something equivalent to a piece of the psychomagnetron getting stuck in her brain happens in the movie. I'm guessing the change in personality likely wouldn't happen in the first movie however. In the comics she 'blacks out' and doesn't remember acting as Ms. Marvel. Something like that could happen where she changes personality and doesn't remember it. Kylo Ren is kind of popular and isn't usually fun like Iron Man, maybe she could be as well. I wouldn't be surprised though if they made her more similar to many of the heroes that have appeared in the MCU so far however and never have her become like Kylo or Bucky.

Hopefully watching the first movie is a better experience than Ant-Man 1.

that movie might be more like Elf than Jingle All The Way especially since in the comics and maybe the movie Shazam is a kid that can turn into an adult.

The difference between flirting and harassment is whether or not the guy is attractive. You need to learn this as fast as possible.

This is literally 100% true. If a woman considers you unattractive you can get in a ton of shit for striking up a conversation with her.

Wait for cues from her if you have any doubts if you're a Chad or not.

Our very Chadness invites women. Women incite sexual intercourse, and intercourse... breeds offspring.

>More quips

this a woman who haven't done a single squat in her entire life

She did squats, alright. Diddly squats.

CUTE

>i hope to god they don't try something like wonder woman and have a "Only female" screening. that shit was both gay and retarded
Actually, it was illegal. Private screenings that are invitation-only is fine. But screening that was open to the public can NOT be female-only.

>Groundbreaking

This'll most likely bomb. A Wonder woman movie was begged for decades. The audience isn't too familiar with Captain marvel. In addition to this. There's nothing really interesting to her character. No idea how'll they'll sell toys with this either

>Marvel movie
>bombing

Scott doesn't want to use his abilities to better the world, he just wants out of the crime game. Which by the way why was he even a criminal in the first place? Doesn't fit his personality.

he had to pay those student loans boi

Despite what journos claimed when it came out, nobody was begging for a WW movie even as close as 5 years back. Until BvS even a Black Widow movie had more begging from audiences.

What a crock of shit.

Tom Hiddleston is supposedly a feminist, user.
That is, until the twitter rape accusations set in.

>Black Panther is one of the better MCU movies because of the fact it strayed from the formula, even if it was just a little
>HEY GUYS, GET READY TO BE HYPED TO CELEBRATE OUR BRAND NEW C-LIST HERO WE ARE PUSHING HARD FOR BECAUSE IT'S GOING TO BE THE SAME EXACT SHIT WE'VE BEEN GIVING YOU FOR YEARS NOW!
I sincerely hope Chadwick becomes their new RDJ and this fails miserably.

A thousand times this. Sure, Marvel is seemingly due for a stinker, but Ant Man and the Wasp is going to be their token stinker.

Screen cap this.

>tired of Marvel movies being formulaic because of RDJ's popularity
>Oh boy, I hope the same thing happens with Black Panther so that we get movies just as formulaic except a slightly different formula
You have shit-all for foresight son.

Ant-Man and Wasp will do moderately well. Better than Ironman 3 or Spidertwink Shotacumming

Iron Man 3 is like the 3rd highest grossing MCU movie after the 2 Avengers.

I'm fully aware it'll also devolve to that but here's the thing, any major success would cause a shift of copycats and the formula every single time. Kind of like how the Avengers caused every movie company and their mother to have their own shared universe, all it takes is one major unexpected turn to have everyone follow.

So since true originality isn't probable my realistic and plausible hope is that a different film with a different formula will become the new "it" thing every couple of years or so rather then having the one formula going on ad infinitum.

one tweet is all it takes