ITT: God Tier Annuals

ITT: God Tier Annuals

Theme annuals mostly suck but I loved so many of these Elseworlds and Year Ones from 94/95. This was part 1 of The Super Seven (ended in Superboy Annual 1) and was a post-apocalyptic Justice League featuring Lex Luthor in Metallo's body (Metallex). Some real, real good Karl Kesel shit.

(And yes, that's a Mignola cover.)

Speaking of good Karl Kesel shit, this FF annual is a great hidden gem. Immonen art, The Thing gets teleported to an Earth where the Marvel Universe happened in real time and he's like 80 years old.

I miss 90s DC

Always and forever

Moon Knight Annual #1 (v3). It's one of my favorite type of stories because the hero is in the background and it follows a group of women that are all sexually abused by a guy.

Theme annuals were really great in concept. Whenever I see them in stores I'm always tempted to buy a few. But then I remember how shit almost all of them were and I get kind of sad and walk away.

I am collecting Legends of the Dead Earth though. I read the Starman and Shazam ones as I read their runs. Haven't read the rest. I expect bullshit.

>>Hitman
>>Waid Flash/Impulse
>>Morrison JLA
>>Starman
>>Good Vertigo
>>Based Chuck Dixon writing almost all the Bat-books
>>Kesel/Grummett on Superboy

We all do, user. We all do.

Kesel's one of the most underrated writers ever

All the Kirby FF annuals are fuck awesome.

He and Peyer are neck-and-neck for me for that prize. (I also forgot to mention 90s LOSH.)

But yeah, Kesel's an all-timer just for Superboy and his DD run. Really hope Section Zero drops soon.

Hell yeah they are.

Legends of the Dead Earth were pretty interesting, Robins issue was fucking dark

>
Beat me to it. A pretty spooky introduction of Annihilus with Kirby getting psychedelic.. Never topped for the FF

I didn't read all of them but these were really good.

Although when I storytimed the Man of Steel it wasn't very well-received, I guess the Superboy annual was better.

Speaking of moon knight

I also like the JLA annual but if you like JLI or hate very 90s art you might hate it.