Alright guys, what are the films?

Alright guys, what are the films?

Reminder, Gunn confirmed GOTG 3 for 2020

Other urls found in this thread:

movieinsider.com/m15620/untitled-foxmarvel-film-2-2019?np=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I remember when The Avangars was in the hot shit and this was exiting to me, now I just wish itcould end already

Black Panther, May 1st 2020.

If you don't think they're fast tracking the shit out of that, you're not paying attention.

too bad now cough up that $20 buck for the 3d IMAX screening of our MCU season finale

Fantastic Four

Black Panther will be 2022 because Black History Month

Who will be the first big titties MCU headliner?

>2020? That's like 12 years from no-
>O-oh...

I'm looking forward to Untitled Film the most!

Yeah, no. Not after the reception and beaucoup bucks. T'Challa's our new Iron Man. Get used to it.

Invisible Woman, Rogue, Jessica Drew?

None of them have big tiddies. I mean BIG.

She-Hulk if the rights get worked out?

Good point, too bad Chyna died. She was a great She Hulk.

Not until the FOX deal happens.

You still have Memepool and the snikt guy, if the merger is done before 2019 ....

>Gotg v3
>BP sequel
>Strange sequel
>Ant man 3
>Spider-man 3
>Carol sequel
>2022 Avengers film

They could launch only 2 new franchises and still have no worries

Yeah but that's next year. Untitled shit is clearly marked 2020

Assuming two sequels and one new property per-year, and no X-Men for the near future?

2020: She-Hulk/Black Panther 2/GOTG 3

2021: Captain Marvel and Kamala/Black Panther 2/Champions (Dr. Strange/Ant-Man/Hulk/Silver Surfer team-up)

2022: Spider-Man 3 intro'ing FF/Thunderbolts (Gunn said he wants to do this)/The Thing MCU team-up movie (Marvel Two-in-One, basically)

Hoping that a younger-skewing X-Men reboot (Riot at Xavier's?) ends up in here somewhere, but not holding my breath. I also wouldn't be shocked if they reboot Daredevil or Luke Cage and retcon out the Marvel Netflix shows.

>only 2
and where are the R-rated movies? they need at least 3 spots

Are they keeping the films untitled in order to avoid Infinity war spoilers?

GoTG After Dark

>2020
Black Panther 2, GotG 3, Doctor Strange 2
>2021
Spider-Man 3, Black Widow (no seriously, they will try it eventually), Movie with Hulk in it (but not Incredible Hulk 2)
>2022
Captain Marvel 2, New Avengers, Fantastic Four (if all goes to plan)

Yep. If anything, they'll be revealed post Avengers 4.

That, and they don't know what characters they'll have by then. After all, FOX deal isn't finalized, and they might buy out SONY Pictures if the rumors are true.

We got old.

Feige said that they wouldn't shuffle around any of their planned films up to 2021. Which means that any of those 2022 movies could be X-Men / FF.

2020: GOTG 3, Black Widow, Dr. Strange 2
2021: Captain Marvel 2, Spider-Man 3 (Remember, 1 every 2 years), Ant-Man 3
2022: Black Panther 2, Avengers 5, Nova

Sure thing trayvon.
t'challa sure seeps charisma on screen

There will be a female-driven movie for 2020, if they can't come up with a solo Black Widow movie (and I doubt they will because, as Nat has pointed out, she isn't a superhero, she's a spy in a superhero world. A solo BW movie is just Red Sparrow), it'll be Shulkie.

I fucked up and posted BP 2 twice. Go ahead and swap out the first for Dr. Strange 2.

It's odd that this year and next are so top heavy, nothing after July.

Well assuming they buy out Universal, they might. How the hell would you make She-Hulk work anyway? Paint her green like Gamora, or slight CGI enhancement?

Another theory...they seem to group the movies together and leave some space, like 2021 has space before May, and then 2022 is front loaded. Maybe they'll squeeze FOX films there.

>A solo BW movie is just Red Sparrow
Kingsman it.

No seriously, Kingsman it.

Remember, most of the Phase 3 films were untitled until late 2014 (in fact, all we knew about at that point was Captain America 3, and not even what it was about). Less than a year before Phase 2 ended, they held a big event on a random Tuesday at the El Capitan Theatre where they revealed the entirety of their Phase 3 film slate (plus Inhumans, minus Spider-Man) in one bombshell announcement.

I imagine they'll do a similar big reveal event toward the end of this year for Phase 4. Part of it is to downplay spoilers, but it's also to keep the public focus on the current Phase until it's nearly completed.

Maybe it's not to get in the way of Star Wars stuff?

Moron, if you seriously think Marvel will not be riding Panther dick for the forseeable future. Remember all the titles he got after what, 20 minutes in Civil War? Those are coming back, in a big way. T'Challa will be everywhere, and yes that's both comics and movies. Marvel can read the pulse of what audiences want more than an asspained user and responds by giving them what they want until they're sick of it.

They moved Solo to May, obviously they don't care that much where Star Wars goes outside the main episodes.

Feige said he would reveal them after Avengers 4, but I doubt he can pull that off. If anything, I think the 2020 films will be announced during this SDCC.

So has Disney got anything else important for the latter part of 2018 and 2019 that they may be clearing the space for?

I really think they'll throw her in a team up movie along with a bunch of characters who can't sustain a threequel (Strange, Ant-Man, Panther) if ScarJo is still up for that.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Doctor Strange 2
Doctor Strange 3
Black Panther 2
Black Panther 3
Ant-Man 3
Black Widow
Thor 4
Avengers 5

The fact that people are denying this is funny to me. Black Panther is about to make 800 mil and it's only the 3rd week and hasn't opened in China yet. Black Panther is a fucking megahit that I don't think Marvel was prepared for.

That's why I'm so curious about. It's like there's nothing at the tail end of 2018 that Disney has to dominate that time frame.

>latter part of 2018
The Nutcracker, Wreck-It Ralph 2, and Mary Poppins Returns
>2019
Toy Story 4, The Lion King, Frozen 2, and Star Wars Episode IX

Doctor Strange 2
X-Men
Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Power Pack with Ant-Man and the Wasp
Fantastic Four
X-Force
Black Panther 2
Captain Marvel 2
Avengers 5

>a bunch of characters who can't sustain a threequel (Strange, Ant-Man, Panther)
>>Panther who is about to break a billion.
>>Ant-Man who is about to get a sequel this year
>>Dr. Strange which can easily pull a Ragnarok

Wow son.

There aren't enough big stories for most superheroes to get a franchise to three movies, which is why most threequels are trash. A movie story needs to have the character undergo a significant change by the end. What's that for BP/Strange/Ant-Man? Putting them together in a team up movie saves release spots and staves off character fatigue.

Ok, so 2019 makes sense, with Ep 9 in december.

But looking for info, found this: movieinsider.com/m15620/untitled-foxmarvel-film-2-2019?np=1

Sure, it's Fox, but I hadn't heard of anything specific planned (much less given a date) from Fox after DP, New Mutants and the next X-Men, other than nebulous "more X-Men movies that we may not get to do because of the buyout".

So, maybe it's like says and they've got something planned for when the buyout goes through.

(I'm not holding out a ton of hope for GOTG 3 either but maybe Infinity War will leave them in a really wild new status quo.)

May 1 2020 - GotG 3
July 31 2020 - Black Panther 2
Nov. 6 2020 - Captain Marvel 2
May 7 2021 - Fantastic Four
July 30 2021 - Wolverine
November 5 - Ant-Man 3
Feb 18 - 2022 - X-Men
May 6 2022 - Black Panther 3
Jul 29 2022 - Avengers 5: Avengers vs. X-Men?

no one is forcing you to watch them

>Three films a year for the night five years at least.
Please.

Stop.

There's tons Nutcracker, Wreck-it-Ralph 2, Mary Poppins Returns

You know you could just not watch them right?

The expected sequels

A "women of Marvel" movie starring Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, and Captain Marvel and spinning off Kamala Khan the way Civil War spun off BP.

Fantastic Four.

And then a third franchise off some random character a director happened to like but is kind of surprising, like Namor or Shulk or Avengers Academy or even something from the TV shows "The TV shows are canon" be damned.

>make a literal shit-ton of money
>I don't like them, stop it.

They could easily pull stories. I wouldn't be shocked if Mordo vs. Strange is the endgame for Strange's films, Black Panther has to lead some exodus of Wakanda and Cassie Lang grows up to become a hero. They can easily make threequels cause they have so much stuff they can mix and match.

Just because a character doesn't have an obvious blueprint doesn't mean they can't sustain 3 films.

Wait til it becomes 4 movies a year, one for each season.

Waah cry more loser

Guess what you should be GRATEFUL it's only three because after this year Based Disney will be the only one putting out movies in theaters

I don't see Captain Marvel 2 before Black Panther 2. Black Panther has a year's head start and is enough of a mega-hit to be the new Iron Man. I doubt even the most optimistic people at Marvel are counting on Carol Danvers to beat a billion dollars.

Doctor Strange 2 is Mordo/Nightmare, 3 is going to be Dormammu returned with a vendetta and maybe finishing Mordo.

I thought Dormammu was going to be the next Thanos for the Phases since it was said "Strange's story will be very important" but after Fox I think they'll go with Galactus.

The fact that they could have two billion dollar films this year is kind of unreal. All three of their films last year made 800 mil. Like, what are they going to do with all that money? Especially when they get FOX?

>I raise my exhausted, broken arms as I go to my thirtieth Disney film this month.
>I wince in pain from the air on my ravaged, calloused hands in anticipation of the Marvel Studios logo in the first trailer.
>I sob in pain as my palms come together.
>I clap.
>I clap when I see it.

I was thinking cause the Black History Month release.

I feel that's kind of a mundane trilogy. I was hoping that Mephisto would be involved in one of Strange's films.

Ryan Coogler wants Kraven to be the villain of BP2, so BP2 can be a super-powered Most Dangerous Game where T'Challa can't use his panther suit for a prolonged period and has to win without it. Kraven's poaching as a metaphor for colonialism will be obvious but not grating.

In Black Panther 3, T'Challa can open Wakanda to refugees from the events of Avengers 5 or whatever and M'Baku can flip his shit over it and become a villain.

Maybe it's Black Panther 3? Four years is a weird amount of time.

Or it could just be that February is considered a good time to release movies now. Deadpool and Logan released in Feb/March and they did great

That's a way to go, too. The problem I see with Mephisto in the movies is that you can't really "beat" what is meant to be the Satan of the Marvel Universe, it'd leave a lot of loose ends. I still didn't think of him though, they could easily do Mephisto.

They could easily make a real fucking great Mephisto. Get James Woods to play him.

Unless a deal is met with Sony before then Kraven can't be used.

As of now I see BP2 using Man-Ape pissed off about T'Challa "allowing" the Thanos Wakanda attack, and BP3 being sound-form Klaw perhaps.

2021 - July 30 - Gwen-Spider
2022- July 29- Gwenpool

What year will it be placed in? I go with July 29 2022

Nah, if the Fox deal goes through without any hiccups they'll want to use those properties ASAP. Either 2020 or 2021.

I'd go see Gwenpool move

They could always squeeze them into those years and make 4 movies a year.

Possibly, but I think that's already what they have going with Spider-Man; he's the extra cram in film since Sony does a lot of the work, with F4 and X-Men I think they'll treat them like their mainstays.

anyone know for sure what's the deal with venom?

is tom holland in it or not? if so, will it be as pete or spidey?

if venom bombs, how likely is it they'll continue with their other plans like black cat?

Black Cat and Silver Sable has been canceled.

Venom isn't MCU canon, and no, Tom isn't slated to appear in it. It's SONY's pet project trying to prove they can still do this. I don't think they have much faith in it though, they've already canceled the Silver Sable/Black Cat project

There's only rumours of Tom Holland being in Venom.

Most likely, their plans were to use their third movie (Marvel gets 3, CW, IW, A4, and Fox gets 3, SM:H and its sequel) to tie Spidey to their Venom/SilverBlack universe. But S&B got delayed indefinitely, so it might as well be canceled, and Venom's trailer bombed, so they gotta be rethinking their plans.

This. The first trailer wasn't a good sign either...

Sony's stupid, work out a deal while you can dummies; work with Marvel Studios to make actual good Spider-Man crap before you tarnish the name to the point that you have to sell him entirely.

What? ONLY 3 movies a year? what's the holdup?

It's kind of amazing that Sony's biggest success was a film that was supposed to be killed by Star Wars...

Can't do She-Hulk, because Universal still has Hulk (all Hulks) solo rights.

a man can dream

Black Panther will probably be the 2020 November release. It's a good time for Oscarbait.

I really don't understand this "I Clapped" meme

>2020
BP2, GotG3, Dr. Strange 2
>2021
Ant-Man 3, Thor 4, Cap 4
>2022
BP3, Dr. Strange 3, Thunderbolts

I'm checking out after Avengers 4. I'm done.

>May 1 2020 - GotG 3
>July 31 2020 - Sinister 6 vs Thunderbolts (Thunderbolts are recruited from prisoners on the Raft to deal with people doing things during Thanos' invasion while the Avengers are busy with other stuff)
>Nov. 6 2020 - The Defenders/Revengers (Dr. Strange, Valkyrie, and Hulk)
>May 7 2021 - Black Panther 2
>July 30 2021 - Fantastic Four (featuring the appearance of Atlantis and possibly Namor if they don't appear in BP2)
>November 5 2021- West Coast Avengers/Ant Man and Wasp sequel with Bucky and Luis as Living Lightning
>Feb 18 - 2022 - Captain Marvel 2
>May 6 2022 - Avengers 5/Movie about the equivalent to the Avengers
>Jul 29 2022 - Thor and Beta Rey Bill

Why are you calling the defenders champions

>based disney

yeah you're losing me when you talk like that. maybe don't be a corporatist dicksucker

if they did a spider man movie with morbius, spiderman movie with venom and carnage, a cloak and dagger movie, and a deathlok movie, they could do maximum carnage

Defenders/Revengers will have Meik and Korg as a replacement for Thing at some point. There will be no Johnny initially. They will eventually go back in time and meet Jim Hammond who will be like a combination of HERBIE and Johnny Storm. Richards will eventually give Hammond upgrades for various things.

the solo Black Widow movie might go exclusively on the Marvel streaming service

It helps to maintain interest in the movies if they come out close to each other. There are also other Disney movies that Disney want to come out later. So, maybe they want people to stop thinking as much about the MCU after the third movie comes out and to then think more about other Disney movies.

>2020
>Gotg 3, BW, Dr.strange 2
>2021
>Spider-man 3, Nova, Black Panther 2
>2022
>Antman 3, Avengers 5, Fantastic Four

Didn't Feige say that they don't just want to keep making sequels and take turns like sequel>original>sequel>original. Or was it 2 sequels and 1 original?