What's the deal with shazam and Harley

What's the deal with shazam and Harley

People love /ss/

>tiger toy

They just got a load of merchandise to fill the shelves, Batman, Superman and Harley are their biggest sellers so that's what they bought

So is this going to be a universe where DC characters are fictitious sans Captain Marvel and his supporting cast, separate from the DCEU entirely, or are they making toys of everyone's favorite controversial existential quandary, borderline terrorist vigilante, and child murdering criminal?

In a fucked up sort of way, Shazam is the perfect man for Harley; Body of a god, mind of a child.

Also this movie is going to be weird without Black Adam

Apparently people in DC love psychotic murderers

Which is why they also have batman and superman toys

Also action scene in a toy store? It's like they're TRYING to make this movie fail

>Also this movie is going to be weird without Black Adam
I thought they got the rock to play him?

In both an episode of the Flash and Arrow there were toys of them they were trying to get.

No it's a universe where everyone loves the Justice League for saving the day and Harley Quinn too for literally no reason

They did, but he's not appearing in this movie. He's either starring in Suicide Squad 2, or getting his own origin movie first. Stupid, I know

I fucking hope so The last thing a Shazam movie is the rest of the DCEU's baggage shitting up whatever world-building it could contribute

Considering this movie is heavily influenced by Curse of Shazam he should be, but I haven’t heard anything about the rock being on set

They're definitely going through an effort to downplay or perhaps even outright retcon a lot of the stuff in earlier films ever since Justice League. Still doesn't explain the Harley toys though, perhaps waifufags are just as strong a force in this universe as they are in ours.
>getting his own origin movie first
How are you supposed to make an origin story film out of Black Adam? Oh yeah, I'm the bored son of the Pharaoh, woe is me, oh wizard powers cool, now I'll be evil for a bit, look out now I'm banished across space-time, oh no...

All reports say that this is going to focus on Doctor Sivana (played by Mark Strong) and The Seven Deadly Sins. Which is kind of dumb if you ask me, especially since its heavily inspired by Curse of Shazam. Sivana did jack shit in that story, and was hardly the mad scientist the character usually is. The only reason why Black Adam is getting his own movie is because they're catering to The Rock. Nothing about Adam's story can't be told with a simple flashback.
>Slave gets powers
>Liberates people
>Becomes an asshole
>Gets banished to the farthest star in the sky
Boom. Done.

They did but he wants his own movie

Sivana is the villain in this

i heard they were saving him for a superman/shazam movie

I can see it working out as Sivanna trying to tap into the power of the Enemies of Man, but it totally backfires on him and Billy has to clean up his mess.

He's called Shazam.

And yes, basically if they tried to tie it to the DCEU right now it would just die. It's not even at the same studio.

>but the wizard

That was in the Fawcett continuity. The Fawcett continuity isn't getting a movie.

What, did you think you'd be seeing Isis turn up in this as well?

>no Marvel family
>no Power Hour family
>probably a disappointing movie
>probably a disappointing gross
>no sequel
>the Green Lantern of 2018

>Also this movie is going to be weird without Black Adam
why is that? could it be because you don't know a fucking thing about captain marvel?

It's pretty great, like seeing two kids on the playground but they're in the bodies of two incredibly hot people.

Also helps that Billy got an attitude now.

>butting heads
GOD IT'S SO FUCKING HOT

Harley getting any sort of redemption arc for literal genocide was a mistake.

>>getting his own origin movie first
>Stupid, I know
>How are you supposed to make an origin story film out of Black Adam? Oh yeah, I'm the bored son of the Pharaoh, woe is me, oh wizard powers cool, now I'll be evil for a bit, look out now I'm banished across space-time, oh no...
Show the transition form Teth Adman to Black Adam. Plus it shut the "Why didn X get a solo first" rule, and it's not blowing it's load and giving Sivana a chance to shine.

Injustice sucks in general ao who gives a shit, I'm here for the /SS/ and Billy and Harley pretty much being on the same emotional level all the while being sexually charged.

>Harley
> not Diana

I think they're really cute together. Even though it's kinda creepy /ss/.

This. Injusticefags are cancer

No, it's because its heavily influenced by Curse of Shazam, and Black Adam was the main antagonist of said story. So naturally doing that story without him is fucking weird. Go be pissy somewhere else, Billyfag. He's still called Shazam

Nothing, Harley is just a popular character that DC advertises

No one cares enough about that shitty injustice comic to actually reference that weird relationship

>way to go, son
Everytime

Shazam and Wonder Woman should team up more, they'd make an interesting dynamic

I'd settle for Shazam teaming up with anybody these days. He kind of had chemistry with Cyborg, but that went nowhere

>not Diana for Shazzy and Harley for Billy.

For what little of Shazam and Cyborg we got, it was nice. Too bad Shazam's been MIA for Rebirth, I swear his movie is gonna be out before he gets an ongoing

I hope they adapt this scene from the comics.

Remember when Harley threatened to shoot Billy's school friends if he didn't comply with her demands? Or when Harley justified helping blow up Metropolis and murder Lois because she was going through a phase? Or when she had the gall to say Billy was bad cause he worked for Superman?

Shazam and Harley will never work together because Billy's moral compass prevents him from looking past all the horrible shit she's done.

Yeah well this is also Injustice, the same universe where Animal Man and Vixen joined Ras Al Ghul for stupid reasons. Not that it matters anyway, Injustice Billy is dead

It'll probably be like Curse of Shazam where Billy goes to a zoo and talks to a Tiger he named Tawney.

Nobody cares moralfag. You guys always come up and rattle this shit off as if you genuinely think we're gonna held her accountable because everyone but you understand it's fiction.

This is the injustice universe we're talking about, where everyone's retarded. Their version of Lois and Metropolis probably had it coming.

>Shazam and Harley will never work together because Billy's moral compass prevents him from looking past all the horrible shit she's done.
>stop having fun you guys!

>Tawky in the movie is a rejected Sivanna experiment
>flashback is basically the intro to Crash Bandicoot but with Sivanna creating the Monster Society of Evil

I can dig it.

Not that user, but you're aware that fiction needs to be consistent, right? This has nothing to do with morals, and everything to do with Injustice being an inconsistent mess, even by its own stupid rules.

My god, I think this guy could be right, you guys! Injustice might not be a great piece of literature after all, but an inconsistent mess! How have we been missing this for so long?! All the Injustice threads we've had, and none of us has realised the inconsistency of the story!

So who’s playing Shazam himself? John Cena? I mean it’s got to be someone who can act like they’re a ten year old

Zachary Levi

Didn't they (kind of) try that with Scorpion King?

He’s not really big enough muscle wise but I can live with it

Why are the plushies full of marshmallows?

>He still thinks comic book movies ought to do adaptations 100% faithfully to the storylines.