What's the most absurd part of Transformers lore? Like something that if you explained it to a casual...

What's the most absurd part of Transformers lore? Like something that if you explained it to a casual, they would stare at you and wonder just what the fuck you were talking about.

Other urls found in this thread:

tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Kiss_Players_(franchise)
tfwiki.net/wiki/Japanese_Generation_1_cartoon_continuity
youtube.com/watch?v=5Ue0K3gtAAY
tfwiki.net/wiki/Eva-01
tfwiki.net/wiki/Neo-Knights
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Kiss Players.

Well, that was fast.

Where the box comes from when Optimus changes into a truck.

Let's talk about the GoBots.

Singularities

Kiss Players is a meme, Zone is the real deal

Complete transformers casual here
Wtf is a kiss player

It's a hard-light hologram projection.

tfwiki.net/wiki/Transformers:_Kiss_Players_(franchise)

Tokyo is under siege by an army of deranged, mindless Megatron clones with prehensile tongues, who leave clear sticky drool all over the place.

The city's only hope is three teenage girls who are gifted with the ability to power up Autobots by kissing them.

Yup.

Little girls (and adult girls who look like little girl) kiss good robots to give them powers while evil robots try to sexually molest them

>Zone is the real deal

good point.

It's literally about two gay boys and Devastator does 9/11 on the World Trade Centers.

People who take Beast Wars seriously.

you're a hard-light hologram projection

is it worse than that combiner Dinobots thing?

you know the one I mean

I guess it depends whether you condone pedophilia or not.

The Beast was just bad.
Zone was probably written on drugs.

Fuck you. BW Megatron is the best Megatron in the entire franchise.

Beast Machines is awful, though.

The Beast will always be a low point.

Well I once gave a rundown on the original show to a non-fan, including the messy Constructicon backstories. His reaction was asking me how anyone can like this trash.

That having a different hood shape makes a robot a girl despite sex not being used to make a new robot

Something I wonder about the huge Transformers that turn into cities or planets: What's life like for them compared to regular Transformers? What do they think of people or other Transformers living on their body?

They're usually asleep.

I know that protoforms can scan anything like vehicles and animals to use that form as a disguise, so what if a protoform scanned an Autobat who didn't have a disguise? Would their alt-form just be that Autobot? Like if they scanned non-truck Optimus Prime, would they occasionally transform from their regular self into Optimus Prime?

tfwiki.net/wiki/Japanese_Generation_1_cartoon_continuity
The whole thing.

"Female Autobots? I thought they were extinct"

Don't you mean people who take Prime seriously?

And pretend this type of humor was good youtube.com/watch?v=5Ue0K3gtAAY

this is outrageous

Truly.

Someday someone will have to explain why robots are giving birth to purple organic cattle.

Honestly, depending on who you're talking to, Unicron and Primus.

Those people are fat and wear silly hats

Everything I've read about Kiss Players that isn't just people reeeing about penis tongues actually sounds cool as shit.

It sounds like the Evangelion of Transformers.

The official manga artwork is even worse than you'd expect from that description; it's the sort of the thing that you feel will get you put on a watchlist for looking at it.

It either gets ground bridged back to base or stored in subspace

Speaking of Eva
tfwiki.net/wiki/Eva-01

The cover of the original Japanese tv show theme for the radio show is pretty cool though

transformers fans are dipshits who reee about everything japanese

Prime at least had Arcee and giant nurse asses going for it

How do you think Flint would react?

The second half is pretty neat, really.

I would of liked if the girls getting molested didn't look like 10 year olds.

Japan is shit when it comes to Transformers.

Kenzan was pretty likable even if the show was aggressively formulaic

>"Japan is shit when it comes to Transformers."
>he says as the US churns out TFP, RID2015, the Bayverse, ReGeneration One, and IDW LGBTF comics

I'd take any of them over shows that refuse to appeal to anyone over 5.

>Hating 4 out of 5
This fandom isn't for you.

All of those are good except bayformers

That's the best part.

Mass shifting.

Starscream did nothing wrong.

first post most disturbing post

panzy

Kremzeek

Sky Lynx
Mini-Cassette

>Soundwave never got a waifu in Kiss Players
Disappointing.

I read that in that in Dr Weirds voice

>GENTLEMAN!!

One word user
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

still better than anything japan shat out

Vector Prime was cool
That's about it

How soon we all forget about Alternity.

Isn't in canon that transformers evolved from "A naturally occuring system of levers and pulleys"?

Depends on the continuity but yeah thats a pretty absurd way to come about.

Probably the scraplet disease. A very deadly parasitic disease that kills mechanical lifeforms. There is no cure. Or actually legends tell of a rare compound that might cure it but it is apparently so rare in the universe that the Transformers hadn't even heard of it.

Turns out it's water

It's absolutely hilarious that a technologically hyper advanced starfaring mechanical species has never heard of H2-fucking-O.

I almost forgot this was a thing, did anyone get the toys? Just a glance at the box is enough to make my jaw drop but I have never seen anyone display these in their collections.

They were just fucking with the kid

>Soundwave
>ever having a waifu or husbando
Soundwave being a single dad is such a meme that the official Hasbro/Transformers account on Facebook posted a picture of him in a karaoke club for "Single Fathers day".
Soundwave is forever a single parent and it's great. Nobody deserves him.

>Soundwave deserves to never get anything good
Yeah nah, fuck you.

He has his kids. That's all he really needs.

>Soundwave deserves to never get anything good
Woah man. He has his family.

>then the ship sat there for a billion years and those transformers slept and the war raged on
>no other transformers find them, let alone humans, yea the ship is sticking like half out of a mountain, no one noticed.
>shockwave ran shit for the time megatron was gone, cybertron is perfectly fine without him actually.

this!

we will never see shinji and atari in srw and hit it off.

they also reproduce via budding

he promised megatron that cybertron will still be the way he left it.

not his problem it took millions of years for megs to go back but a promise is a promise.

that the whole marvel comic was almost rendered useless if this series pushed through.

Isn't that an ancient lost method of reproduction?

The Unicron Singularity

still canon (to an extent).

the beast within would've been fanwank if the design wasn't meant to evoke body-horror.

think about it, a dinobot combiner that utterly decimates every con combiner is what fans have been asking for since the beginning.

that they are on par with jojo on dog murder/hate.

Empanada or whatever it's called. "Hoi doi cut off their hands and give them a mono-eye."

Empurata I think. Yeah I fucking hate that too; some Cybertronians having different physical traits should have just been left as normal diversity rather than having a dumbass explanation tacked on.

Ah, yes. The Broly of the TF franchise.

Which continuities even have budding?

and before that, the multitude of fan customs and third party toys (counting the individual dinobots).

the g2 continuity as far as i know. if you take the idw g1 continuation as canon then that decanonizes g2 (and budding).

furman never reused it afterwards.

Really, any of the dreck Roberts has added should just be jettisoned.

>Soundwave being a single dad
raksha memories.

does fandom lore count?

that raksha gave up on tfs because of michael bay when the bay movies are prime "the decepticons were right" material.

The character stuff was OK. Pharma and Tyrest were cool, and he made a bunch of nobodies like Swerve into interesting characters.

But yeah, bearing in mind that I quit IDW after Dark Cybertron, when I think back I can't think of any topic he added to the lore that I like. His rewrite of the Cybertronian origin story was fucked up, Functionalism has a bunch of weird holes in it, and the stuff about spark mining/hotspots/cold constructed Cybertronians having their sparks torn out of the Matrix and all being evil just doesn't feel right.

Well, I take that back. The Shadowplay stuff is interesting. But everything else that he's done that was actually good has been more "events" than worldbuilding. I just don't think he's a good worldbuilder, or at least not a suitable one for this franchise.

that you can probably fit several optimi in this bad boy.

The ship was revealed by a volcanic eruption.

>What's the most absurd part of Transformers lore? Like something that if you explained it to a casual, they would stare at you and wonder just what the fuck you were talking about.

What if its not the lore, but I try to explain the autistic hugbox fanbases like Allspark, and TFW2005.

/thread

Not while Sikomofo's "art" exists.

Going to need more info user

lol nah.

Sakamoto's at least fun and he made Shaoshao Li, best girl.

I hate his comics and his clusterfuck of lore but he's unironically one of my favorite TF artists. His work is so damn cute.

do you accept wiki/transformers collector's club?

tfwiki.net/wiki/Neo-Knights

while it sounds interesting, the whole "simulation" thing would really piss off transformers fans.

though you have to ask, who was the intended audience for this though. the neo-knights wasn't the ones that drove people to read tf comics while crossover issues might gain interest/sales, i don't think it would be enough.

If he does TFCon this year, I'd so get some Shaoshao Li pics from him.