Everyone said Alan Moore's Swamp Thing issues were great

>Everyone said Alan Moore's Swamp Thing issues were great
>They're actually really boring
How did that get popular? It's like an old soap opera in comic form, I can't even get through a couple word bubbles before I feel myself nodding off.

It got popular among people who have above average reading skills.

If they're above average shouldn't there not be that many of them?

I'm guessing you're a huge Geoff Johns fan.

No, I hate all of the newer DC writers, and I thought adding new colors to the Green Lantern mythos beyond green and yellow was a shit idea.

Are you sure you're not just saying that to make your opinion of Moore's Swamp Thing sound convincing?

>No, I hate all of the newer DC writers
How convenient.

No, but if you want evidence to fulfill your confirmation bias about my having bad taste in general, I like Grant Morrison.

Though I'll also add I'm not one of those anti-Moore Grant Morrison fans either and I like other things Moore's written. I'm just finding his Swamp Thing stuff incredibly boring.

It is actually not that good until the Brujeria arc.

Did you read anything other than the 1st issue?

>>They're actually really boring

t. Dumb Person

Comics have always been soap operas.
For men.

Ive actually been rereading 80s Swamp Thing lately and sorry OP but you're just a faggot

>>They're actually really boring

Imagine having taste this shit

>It's like an old soap opera in comic form
What'd you read one issue? It goes off the fucking rails once he ties up all the loose ends.

But Hellblazer is a soap opera for women.

>That many people have above average reading skills
Glad to see you can dig your own grave user.

He said himself he can't manage more than a few word balloons.

Green Lantern had little to nothing to work with before the spectrum

>Being this big of pleb

How embarrassing.

>Starting with issue 20 instead of 21
There's your problem right there.

I found the first issue dull, but it really picks up steam after. The last book (of the newer collections) isn't great either though.

Yeah it is heavy on the narration,bit honestly I liked that.
It got you focused into the story, which made the horror parts actually a bit frightening.
Immersed, I guess I could call it since I can't think of a more appropriate word.

Alan Moore wrote better stories with GL and even his Swamp Thing issue about Swampy meeting the GL of vegetable people was better than Johns'. None of those required power rangers.

You're both right that I only read the first Moore issue (#20 in Volume 2 I think). I'll try continuing and see if it was just that first one that was boring.

OK, yeah, 21 was great. It was completely different from the first Alan Moore issue.

Although the last trade is overall weaker, Blue Heaven more than makes up for it. Bloody Masterpiece.

apologize and kill yourself you impatient piece of fuck

Alan Moore's book are for small niche of smart people who never read real books. If you aren't that smart they seem boring to you, and if you read pictureless books every now and then they seem to be full of banality.

It was really Alan Moore's fault for making his first issue terrible and his second issue great.
Who the fuck does that?

Sometimes you have to set up a large stage

The only requirement for 21 to make sense was that 20 ended with Swamp Thing getting shot. He could've written a good story for 20 that ended in Swamp Thing getting shot instead of a boring one.

Oh yeah what a niche.
Maker of such cult classics as the most successful graphic novel of all time.

Moore's first issue is a hell of a lot better if you read Pasko's last 3-4 issues. #16-19, besides being where Bissette starts drawing Swamp Thing, is basically a prelude arc that sets up the entire Moore run arc up (and has some of Bissette's best art on the book).

#16-19 basically sets the entire table for the Moore run up as far as Pasko bringing Abbie and Matt Cable back, setting up Matt's psychic powers, and setting up Arcane as a bug zombie abomination that everyone knows and loves.

#19 in particular, is an awesome as fuck issue with some of Bissette's best comic book art on the title and my favorite Swamp Thing/Arcane fight. And features one of the most ghoulish Swamp Thing moments ever as Pasko describe how Arcane's insect creations try and consume Arcane alive.

Then you should read something more of your level, like WW Hulk, Fear Itself, or anything Marvel.

The 1st issue is literally Moore handwaving the first 19 issues of the volume so that he doesn't have to deal with them himself. #21 is where he establishes the new status quo.

If he had done that it would have meant ignoring the first 19 issues. Moore didn't want to say "fuck you if you care about this series" to the readers, so he gave an actual wrapping up of the storylines that had happened prior to that. The fact that he did this is in 1 issue is actually pretty impressive.

Moore took over the book last minute (the series was going to be canceled until Berger came up with Moore as Pasko's replacement).

Rumor has speculated over the years, that the Pasko's final arc was written based upon Pasko and Moore talking about Moore's plans for the book. Moore wanted Abby/Matt back, along with Arcane back in the picture (Arcane's new insect theme however, was entirely Bissette) and Pasko even squashed the release of a planned issue of DC Comics Presents because it would have made it harder to do the Anatomy Lesson