Half of Italians have never used the internet IN THEIR LIVES

>Half of Italians have never used the internet IN THEIR LIVES
How can an European country right next to Germany be so backwards?
Source:
corriere.it/tecnologia/14_dicembre_18/istat-22-milioni-italiani-non-hanno-mai-utilizzato-internet-0132389e-8698-11e4-bef5-43c0549a5a23.shtml

We are full of old people.

This probably sounds strange to you because no one manages to get old in Brazil.

So? Denmark is also full of old people yet 95% of Danes use the Internet.

What first wold country isn't full of old baby boomer shitters?

old people have other shit to do here in my experience
my dad does use it a lot, my mom on the other hand simply couldn't care less even though she has it available
same for my aunts and uncles, they just don't care

So you're saying the problem is just that Italians are mentally backwards like Neanderthals?

doesn't really make sense, your butthurt is showing quite clearly mate

there simply isn't an interest for it

lmao wat? What do old people have to do that wouldn't be made easier by having internet? My grandma (90) emails with distant relatives in NZ and South Africa..

Well duh, most people over 60 don't touch the internet and were already old enough to not give a fuck when it got popular 20 years ago.

they'd rather do it the old way if possible, or at best ask a nephew to do it for them if it requires the internet

maybe if my grandma had distant relatives so far she would do that as well, but since she doesn't, she just uses the good old phone

ITT: people mad that half of italians have more of a social life than they ever will

they wouldn't know what to do with it
a lot of people here barely even know how to use a smartphone

Italy hasn't been right next to us since 1945.

honestly, this.

Because the Italian side of the internet is very small and there's nothing to do other than browse FB and listen to music, and older people don't care for that.

What about banking, shopping, old people games like crosswords and other puzzles? Literally how exactly would internet not improve old peoples lives?

More like surprised.. Like hoe Europeans act when they find out Americans still use cheques and cannot into direct money transfers.

Because us Danes are the most cyber race in the world. fact.

they don't care
they've done things the old way since forever and never had any problems, why change?

>What about banking, shopping, old people games like crosswords and other puzzles? Literally how exactly would internet not improve old peoples lives?
jesus christ mate is leaving your house such a disgusting experience in the Netherlands?
they just do it the old way, take a nice walk to the bank/store, which is probably even good for their health instead of fossilizing themselves at home

and if they have to play games, they probably do it IRL the old fashioned way

a lot of old Italians live here. None of them ever used internet.
My neighbour still sends postcards, it's kinda cute

>why change?

Because many things are better and easier on the internet.. Like finding old music, seeing whats on the TV, communicating, looking up that wedding picture from 2007 etc..

Don't they have old-people computer courses in Italy?

only public office employees do that
it's as said

sneaky bastard

>they just do it the old way, take a nice walk to the bank/store, which is probably even good for their health instead of fossilizing themselves at home

Maybe it's because my grandma doesn't live in the city and drives her car less and less, but many of those daily things she now does online because it means she can actually spend her travel time on visiting friends and relatives.. Also, she's 90, not 65.. 'Just' going into town is becoming quite an operation these days. Also it rains a lot because lolnetherlands.

I sort of get what you guys mean, my other grandma is 96 and hasn't touched a computer in her life.. But 55% seems such a bizarre percentage.

fpbp

They'd get confused as fuck because they couldn't remember how to handle it. It was hard enough to teach my grandpa how to use the satelite gear for his TV.

>Italy is right next to Germany

When will this hue end

The lower half is basically Africa.

Took a train from Lyon to Rome. Change trains in Milan
>French train modern bullet train
>Italian train was probably from 1930s

can confirm

t. southerner

I'm 35 years old, no social networks, I only use internet from buy some stuff on Amazon (like videogames), watch some youtube (for news) and coming here on Sup Forums (news and lulz).
And I'm not even a rarity, I know some people around my age without social network (with social life instead) and that don't use internet and smartphones too much (I even rarely use whatsapp, I prefer to call)

Stay mad that a lot of us are are not completely brainwashed by jewternet.

FACT Danes are the most powerful race in the world

when they get so old that they can't do it themselves, then they rely on their relatives
consider that I'm fairly sure we have one of the lowest rates of people living alone in Europe, so there's normally always someone with them to help them

The true question is : how can we meme Italy if they don't use internet?

What the hell are the UN waiting for?

fpbp

it's just the older ones not using it (70+ y/o), most of them hate the ruling party anyway
the memetic warfare should work just fine

>jesus christ mate is leaving your house such a disgusting experience in the Netherlands?

Yes, for the most part it actually is. There is a couple of nice places tho.

>milan to rome
>in a fucking inter regional train
Are you retarded? Why would you do that when you can use the fastest train in europe for that

>if they have to play games, they probably do it IRL the old fashioned way

i.e. pic related.

Also, if I was born in your country (swiss father and American mother) how hard would it be to get citizenship?

Poorfag detected

you already blew it by not having your main residence here for the first 18 years of your life (without interruptions)
All you can do now is marry a local

When I was in my teens, I was under the impression that most of the UK was still ass-backwards because of the tv shows that were broadcast over here. I later discovered that every show broadcast was from the late 80's or early 90's.

>before internet everyone was retarded

we do not have ius soli type of law for citizenship (ius sanguinis instead) so it doesnt matter that you're born here.

Italy, Spain and Portugal seriously need to get rid of their southern regions

>there simply isn't an interest for it

The worlds single greatest library that makes the Royal library of Alexandria look like an underfunded inner city tramp littered library is uninteresting for half the people of your nation.

Let that really sink in, I mean I know your all rural backwards olive farmers but c'mon.

The internet is shit anyways, it needs to be shut down

Hue pls go.

I lived in Italy for 6 months and I can assure you old.people here are the happiest I have seen. They take joy in walking, riding bikes, cooking, pull some chairs outside and play chess or wev, hell they are happy watching construction workers doing the jobs. They don't use the internet because they have lifes.

It's not that bad once you get used to it, at least here
the cost of life is significantly lower, the towns near the coast are comfy af and there's very few leftycucks compared to the north
if you like to laze around it's perfect as long as you're not a complete faggot

yeah mate I'm sure your old people do nothing but either read the quran or browse wikipedia, that's totally how it is

based fpbp

HUEHUEHUEHUE jfc mate you are projecting so hard

In Italy its not a lot north - south (yes south have less money from central govt so what did you expect when 2015 Milan got double the money than Rome?) but more metropolis -> town -> small centers

The more smaller the place the shittier the services are (for example no internet coverage). And we have a lot of small town in Italy.

>what is italotreno

Happy are those who do not know better tho.

Same applies to the Caribbean. They're backwards, but happy to lead simple lives

Aha, but my trusty google skills say otherwise... From wikipedia:

>A person who has been legally resident in Italy for at least ten years may apply for and be granted naturalisation as an Italian citizen if he or she does not have a criminal record and has sufficient financial resources. The residence requirement is reduced to three years for descendants of Italian citizen grandparents and for FOREIGNERS BORN IN ITALY

Checkmate Luigi, I'm coming over. I can't wait to move to Como, open a burger shop, and sell double bacon and prosciutto cheese burgers to George Clooney. Maybe I'll be able to make friends with Berlusconi and molest lady cops with him (pic related for those who don't know about big boss berlusconi and his hilarious antics).

proud of u italian bro, i wish the uk was the same

>yes south have less money from central govt so what did you expect when 2015 Milan got double the money than Rome?
Why are you even comparing Milan to Rome? Do you think the central government is just an atm that prints money and gives most of it to the north just to spite the south?

even just strolling for hours on the village plaza seems enough for them
you can leave in the morning and get back in the late evening and still see the same 2-4 guys strolling in the exact same place

I didnt know that btw happy for you, we will welcome you with open arms.

>printing money

more like redistribute the taxpayers money.

can you bring here some of your freedom?
I don't want to pay Achmed because I shot him for trying to steal my shit
fucking retarded leftycucks giving more rights to criminals than law-abiding citizens

Thanks, I'd be happy to have you in either of the countries I hail from as well.

Seriously though, I love fucking Italians. You guys know what life is supposed to be.

Yeah, from the north to the south

the internet is a waste of time and stupid.
italy is actually right for once

So, in all seriousness have you noticed a clear difference in the amount of Arabs and such coming over? Like do you walk down the street and realize there seems to be a lot more dudes selling kebabs all of the sudden?

If a government decide that south of the country had to go full tourist while the north have the industrial complex then you have to redistribuite the taxpayers money. It work that way in every fucking country, even in U.S. there are states that costantly recive money from federal govt. I can't even u derstand what are you complaining about.

>It work that way in every fucking country, even in U.S. there are states that costantly recive money from federal govt
That's fair but from your original post it looked like you were saying that the south is poor because the north receives all the money which is retarded for multiple reasons

It was 1998, are things better now?

can't say for sure since I just moved for university, but we never had that many kebabs in my hometown, partly because they got moved elsewhere
We did have a rise in niggers in the last few years though, but they can't chimp out because the mob would fuck them over

Yes, now we have a god tier high speed railway... it only covers the main cities obviously, the other trains are still africa tier

NVM Italy is still shit

Nah mate you're still Africa tier
Don't get me wrong that can be a good thing as long as you're white shame that Italy is so brown though.

They are not pathetic nerds you idiot. You've exposed yourself

Don't know where it's wasting time but not here

I'm American, 32 years old, and everything you said, plus I download music and check local news and upcoming concerts.
I tried facebook when it first came out, but I quickly tired of the whole "LOOKATME" attitude and was consequently turned off of all social media.

It's a different culture. Italians are sociable people. They probably do more interaction face to face.

>A country with a 360 days per year sunny weather has people with a bit more darker skin than icelanders

geee wonder why...

Well that's better In 1998 that was like a 12 hour stretch

my 85ish year old neighbor reads news and manages his bank account on the internet.

he is probably dead soon, horrible health.

my 60ish aunt however can barely use a computer at all.

It's more that the government acknowledges that southerners are fucking lazy cunts. The north has both, industries and tourism. The south has fuckall because they're lazy cunts.

Because Italians are rape babies of the Germanic invasions!
But no, I mean yes but not relevant, Italians just prefer being social rather than being autistic people with nothing to do other than shitpost on the internet.

nah, the southern landscape beats any nordishit one
though you're right about the fact that the locals don't care enough to take care of it in order to make money through tourism

>nordshit
I was only once in souther Italy, in Potenza.
It was beautiful but just a little bit more developed than Bulgaria.

If southerners are lazy can you explain to me why when the industries in the north needed manpower half the south moved in the north territories during the 60 contributing to the economic growth of the whole country?

Do we really want more italians on the internet tho?

They'll probably all type with caps lock on and the stench of garlic and cheap cologne will be so strong it will be coming out of our screens.

grande

nigger is envious

kys hueshit

>Austria/Germany gets workers from Turkey
>Italy gets workers from their south
>instead of fixing their own economy
Really makes you wonder why.

hes stupid tyrolbro, dont listen to his moronic ass
Also i like how he posts pizza to prove his point

Because they're still cool enough to believe in a life outside of the internet treadmill that cucks all of America?

MONKEYS ON SUICIDE WATCH

How do you know I'm from Tyrol?

I don't
Tyrol is one austrian Land i am very familiar with
that's all
Btw, where in beautiful Tyrol?

There is nothing to fix.
The govt could intervene with an industrialization politic but i doubt it will happens.

Because pizzerie are runned by the state right?
Jesus fucking christ are you two retarded or what?

Gianluigi...tu me force la main...

>runned
Back to school Pasquale

Sorry dude but revealing any further personal info on this shithole board isn't my cup of tea.
Besides I have very little in common with your average Sup Forumslack, I'm just here to argue.

wtf was that?

Fair enough
Btw, anyone can trace your IP