HE'S NOT EVEN IN OFFICE AND IT ALREADY KEEPS HAPPENING

asia.nikkei.com/Business/AC/Apple-could-make-iPhones-in-US-in-future-sources

THE MADMAN KEEPS DOING IT

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B_dW5VJ0k9Y
youtu.be/J2myEBRdNkE
vertu.com/us/en/collections/signature-touch/shop-collection/pure-jet-red-gold/602052-001-01.html?cgid=11500
finance.yahoo.com/news/u-jobless-claims-hit-43-133902749.html
cnbc.com/2016/11/17/us-housing-starts-oct-2016.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I will become an applecuck if it means I don't have to support chinks/gooks

Android fag here since 2013. I will buy an iphone if this happens

It's just utterly spooky at this point.

I can't handle all this winning! Trump senpai please, it's just too much!

Won't work. Motorola had a facility in Texas that lasted about 6 months before the workers were like "fuck this".

UNDER BUDGET
AHEAD OF SCHEDULE

Only poorfags buy Motorola

Thanks CTR

Nobody cares about Motorola anyway.

Moto Z is godtier

youtu.be/B_dW5VJ0k9Y

>B-b-but there's not even a supply chain for the components there I-I-it can't be done
Fucking gooks, that's the point, they'll have to make the screens here too

Yeah, but that's Motorola. We're talking about Apple. Moto isn't even in the top 5.
Hell, even Sony has a better market than moto.

t. Third world poo in loo

I sold my galaxy for this, I also own an iphone

youtu.be/J2myEBRdNkE

>3 years of loyalty
>meaningful
wew.

I bought a Moto X when the factory was in Ft. Worth. I loved that phone and would buy another. In fact, didn't they just release another one recently? With the Pixel being a gorillion dollar consumer product instead of like the Nexus line that were mainly developer phones, I might go back to Moto if they're cheap enough. I'll have to find out now.

Are they even around anymore?

If they come to manufacture here I will buy their products.

In fact, any company that brings business back here from overseas is a company that I will support.

Android-fag since my HTC incredible in early 2010

I was an old-school Mac enthusiast who believed that the "real" Apple died the moment Steve Jobs ditched the PowerPC architecture and was fucking livid when the PA Semi acquisition amounted to nothing more than in-house ARM chipsets designs.

I WILL come back into the Apple/Mac fold if their products say "Designed and manufactured by Apple in California" once again.

That was before we had a President Elect out to kill bad trade deals and cut the fat on regulations.

That's a long time for a senior in highschool, user.

I am typing this on my Ft. Worth Moto X while I wait for a replacement screen and new perimeter frame for my Nexus 6 to come in after a nasty drop.

The Ft. Worth X was an amazing phone, but moto is now Lenovo-owned chink shit and their new phones look amazing but are even more spendy than the Pixels are.

Same

won't it be easier for apple just to build a small facility and assemble the US-sold iphones in the USA? the parts could still be/must still be made in china but just have some americans piece them together. take a smaller margin in the product but gain good PR and do some clever tax-magic to make it work out. the other 90% sold in the ROW could still be made by foxconn

did they try it under Trump's rule? No
does anybody actually buy motorola? No

fuck out of here shill

> tfw the samsung galaxy 7 i have seems so fucking trash compared to the new ones out now

Smartphones these days are just way too fucking expensive. It literally costs 900 dollars for an Iphone 7 with 128G now.

Phone providers effectively killed any sort of bargaining chip they had when they stopped subsidizing phones for 200 bucks with a new contract. I refuse to even consider a new phone until this thing craps out on me because paying 700+ dollars for a phone is a fucking joke.

Moto was bought by Lenovo and I believe they made the changes out of the US probably to make shit easier and cheaper in China.

The fact that apple made them in China and had all of their tech ripped and counterfeited while selling 900 dollar phones seems incredibly dumb when, SURELY, a 900 dollar phone could produce a profit in the united states while maintaining their intellectual property.

This is probably a bluff, though, so apple can say they're pulling out of China because theyre barely allowed to sell apple products in China.

Subcomponent manufacturing needs to come back stateside. Having minimum wage drones assemble Chinese and Korean-made boards, chipsets, and IC's in US factories means nothing.

Subcomponent manufacturing is where the REAL jobs are, and we need to have ARM fabs stateside along with major subcomponent manufacturing, and with the right regulations, it WILL happen.

Furthermore, we need to go one step further and take a page from the Chinese by insisting that subcomponent manufacturers pair up with existing American manufacturers in order to breathe life back into our domestic electronics manufacturing base.

>but moto is now Lenovo-owned chink shit and their new phones look amazing but are even more spendy than the Pixels are.
Yeah I just looked it all up. What the fuck man? The latest phone I bought was a Nexus 5 back when it was new (like 3 years now!?) and the power button is dead so I have to just open the back up and meddle with the button actuation according to the Interwebs. In the meantime I'm using my Nexus 4 which was my first smartphone I ever owned and I bought it on my own. Whatever happened to the glass back/sloped glass front design? Did too many stupid retards drop them and break them? Fuck I love the design of the 4. I really loved Moto X's hand wavey shit, the um (forgive me, it's been a while since I've been a real smartphone enthusiast), the screen where the whole backlight doesn't have to light up, but each pixel can be independently lit up, and the Moto interface itself. I almost wish I didn't sell it on swappa a while back...

>the cliq 2 wasnt THE best phone ever designed
user plz

never had an iPhone I would get one of made in usa

does it have a keyboard attachment?

I bought one, but Moto's problem when they were owned by Google was they faced a huge backlash from Samsung (who were already threatening to dump Android for their own OS) if they tried to be more aggressive in terms of pushing Moto X's on the normies through the carriers and an advertising blitz. So the X languished on the shelves like the Nexus because the 90% of smartphone buyers who buy either iPhones or Samsung's had no clue that the X even existed in the first place.

you underestimate the level of chinese tech businesses in and around shenzhen. they would reverse engineer a new iphone and could build it from design sketches anyway. i don't know what IP they could protect if they made it in USA. the OS doesn't really matter as the chinese companies just use a version of android.

you can buy every apple product in china, i don't know where you hear they can barely sell them. (except for that news report that china might not allow them in the future)

I hate Apple products and Applefags, but if they move manufacturing operations to the US, then I will gladly get an iPhone. Jewgle is cucking itself up its own ass nowadays anyway.

(((sources)))

Probably going to look to Elon Musk for American manufacturing

>Have 11 Million Illegal Inmigrants
>Remove from 2 to 3 million of Illegal Inmigrants with criminal record
>Take rest 8-9 Million and sell them to China

This is what Trump must do.

>this happens
>22 billions barrels of oil found in Texas
I think Kek is trying to tell us we made a good choice

This is just Apple using Trump as leverage to get a better deal out of China. They're not bringing jobs here.

>tfw you're not elite enough to own a Vertu with a personal concierge.

vertu.com/us/en/collections/signature-touch/shop-collection/pure-jet-red-gold/602052-001-01.html?cgid=11500

this

holy shit I never thought the day when i'd consider becoming an applecuck would ever come

finance.yahoo.com/news/u-jobless-claims-hit-43-133902749.html

Mr. Trump please stop winning!

That just means that they predict that the US will be a third world shithole soon, so labour will be dirt cheap...

Nope it's just cheaper to build in America than pay the 35% tariff. If Trump can get China booted out of the WTO he will be the greatest world leader since WWII.

You left out the part where they said prices could double. Although either way it's a win win. Either American made iPhone or Apple goes out of business

cnbc.com/2016/11/17/us-housing-starts-oct-2016.html

Too much winning

I despise Apple and refuse to use their products, but I will trash talk them less if they move back here.

>Multikani

top fucking kek I can't even say from which country is that surname

Chinese wages that gone up and American wages haven't moved in the last few years, almost to a point where they are at parity. There is so much manufacturing being done in china that there isn't so much cheap labour anymore.

That's how bad America has been.

I'm convinced that smartphone innovation has been dead since 2012 or so.

Remember the HTC's with bright colored internals that you never saw unless you changed the battery?

Remember curved-screen Samsung's like the Galaxy Nexus?

Remember how innovative the Rams-aping iPhone 4 was, or the 80s Sony styling of the iPhone 5?

Remember the WP7/8 and the amazing looking Nokia's and HTC's that shipping with it?

Remember the 1960s touches on the OG Moto Droid and the subsequent Moto designs from 2010-2012?

God, the smartphone market is so dead and sterile today.

you just know that 2-3 years down the track liberals will be screaming "IT WAS OBAMA WHO DID ALL THIS, HE SET THE STAGE, FUCK YOU TRUMP FUCK YOUUU"

You have very little idea how global trade works, don't you? Boot out China from the WTO? That would cause a global market meltdown. Think before you type, leaf...

Dumping old phone images

>all 8s and 9s
Yeah, it's really wierd how much shit he is getting done TWO MONTHS BEFORE HE EVEN TAKES OFFICE

>Multifamily homes
What? We had those in Rio, called them "Cortiços"

Please don't get an iPhone.
They're anti-consumer as fuck.
Can't even put my music onto here without jumping through several hundred hoops. And even then updating my playlist is a bitch to do.

>Designed and Made in California
I would still rather support the gooks, at least they have a full on cyberpunk government at this point

>gooks BTFO
>CTR BTFO
>Shillary BTFO

Glorious

Me too. I use am an HTC user right now.

give me a source on this, because i'm just waiting for a reason to immediately transfer my manufacturing business away from those rinky dinky chinkies and into the US

i just need a fucking good reason, and if it suddenly becomes cheaper to build in the US than it is to build in guangdong + ship to east coast US i'm fucking sold

I don't remember any of that because I only got a smartphone about a year ago but I'll take your word for it

The HTC Resound from 2011

Anyone else here kind of feel like a jealous bf about trump? I was onboard 100% since day one. The only time I was ever late for work was when I saw his announcement speech.

Now that memes are reality and he's going to actually do it im kind of pissed, like "he's my trump, not yours".

Think about this. My Nexus 4
>Unveiled on October 29, 2012, and released on November 13, 2012,
4 years ago

Had wireless charging. NFC capability. Wireless tap to pay functionality. This shit is JUST NOW becoming a thing. When was Apple's first tap to pay model? The newest one or the one before that? Samsung right now has commercials about how innovative and amazing wireless charging is.

The smartphone market is stagnant because there is no competition or motivation among the manufacturers to actually fucking develop something new, which I felt the Nexus family did, but Google abandoned that for Pixel, which is meant to be an end consumer product to compete with iPhone and Galaxy instead of a cheap baseline model for developers to buy and test their apps on.

Fuck man.

Seaching Multikani on Google only brings up a Polish brand of water pumps

Let's pretend to be liberals and try to twist this

>HOLY SHIT, TRUMP IS TAKING JOBS AWAY FROM CHINESE CHILDREN WHO WILL NOW HAVE NO SOURCE OF INCOME AND THE IPHONE WILL NOW DOUBLE IN PRICE. THIS IS WHY I FUCKING HATE WHITE MALES

The HTC Incredible, the Droid X, and the original Droid.

Apples first tap to pay model was iPhone 6 released September 2014.

Yeah I'm still using my HTC One from launch day in 2013. It's all good except the camera, but I don't take that many pictures.

Worst thing is that there are some that actually think that. Why is it that they demand the West take care of the rest of the world and at the same time they get mad at interventionism and colonization?

Lefties, man.

The newest innovations are in making the phones waterproof and drop resistant. I just got an S7 active and was working outside in a downpour on it 2 days ago, which is an amazing feature.

Is this before or after they tanked and Icahn saved them?

Make Phones Nokia Again

Make Nokia Finnish Again

>pic related my midschool dream

I'm using a now 2 year old Nexus 6 and it's internal specs are essentially identical to the Pixel today.

Compare that to the difference between a 2011 phone like my old Galaxy Nexus, with a curved AMOLED screen, NFC, and all sorts of other cool stuff and an original HTC G1 from 2009.

There's no competition anymore since it's effectively a Samsung/Apple duopoly, especially as far as the carriers are concerned.

This is what happens when you let competent white men run a country.

I would import some Chinese tears but they cant spare the water

All these things are years in the making and a result of Obama: TRUMP IS MAGA

The original Droid will forever be my Phonefu. I miss the days of slide out keyboards, and no I don't give a shit about slim anesthetics when I can have a full sized keyboard to use. I used to write papers on that thing while taking the bus home.

Trump isn't president and hasn't done anything. This stuff is the result of Obama.

>There's no competition anymore since it's effectively a Samsung/Apple duopoly
See, there's where I thought the Nexus line and even the Moto X cut in. Low priced, high spec alternatives to those two big names. Now Nexus is turned into Google's end consumer model: Pixel and Motorola sold to Lenovo and also made them end consumer high priced bullshit.

I just want my open platform, relatively lower priced hardware alternative to unlock and tinker around in.

UNDER OBAMAS WATCH

My phonefu is and always will be my old Motorola Droid Pro. I loved that phone. It was perfect.

>Foxconn in the US

How would this even work, aren't they only stable because they pay shitty wages to their Chinese workers? They're also going to have to buy like three times as many suicide nets to accommodate Americans workers.

Cuts into that 50% percent profit ratio, if I remember correctly, becuase it's more expensive to hire Americans than cheap labor in China.

A Nexus 6-sized Droid Pro 2 combining a 4.5" 4:3 screen with a Droid 1-sized keyboard would truly be the god-phablet