I made a checklist for Marvel's Fresh Start. Shit all you want on that...

I made a checklist for Marvel's Fresh Start. Shit all you want on that. To be updated every week as long as there are new announcements of #1's.

For those who want to upload/distribute this to other sites, mark/label this as unofficial.

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.com/marvel2018comics
previewsworld.com/Article/208259-Marvel-Presents-A-Day-In-The-Life-Of-Captain-Marvel
news.marvel.com/comics/85290/immortal-hulk-leads-list-latest-marvel-announcements/?linkId=48609744
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Another "fresh start"? Wasn't that was Legacy was supposed to be about?

Why do you think Captain Marvel is mini?
Marvel is saying if it's a mini now

marvel.com/marvel2018comics

You forgot Quicksilver mini by Salami Achmed the black bolt writer

>cosmic ghost rider
Is this about Frank?

Quicksilver just like Multiple man and Cosmic Ghost rider is not part of Fresh start

I thought that Jamie died in Death of X.

He did. What do you think this story is about?

>Cates is already off Doctor Strange
will pull Venom despite not giving a shit about the character due to Cates

Who's the broad between DP and DD? Jessica Jones?

what about the gorillian wolverine titles

Are x-men getting a Fresh Start?

It's still Legacy

JFC
How many relaunches does this bitch need?
Is this the second or third CM volume written by the "bestselling" Margaret Stohl?
What a freaking waste.
It's a mini because they'll want to preplan another #1 relaunch for when the movie comes out early next year. That will make SIX relaunches in seven years.

>Carol Danvers was just a girl from the Boston suburbs who loved science
Oh yeah sure I definitely remember that in the old Bronze and Copper Age comics Carol was always talking about how she "wuvved da science". That was her character, yeah. She wasn't just a classic adventure character with a military background. Nono, she was mostly interested in science. Thank god we NEED more girls in science and this great new characterization will surely accomplish that.

previewsworld.com/Article/208259-Marvel-Presents-A-Day-In-The-Life-Of-Captain-Marvel

Only the first one is correct; the others you mentioned are questionable:
>implying Fresh Start excludes minis
news.marvel.com/comics/85290/immortal-hulk-leads-list-latest-marvel-announcements/?linkId=48609744

Yes

Wait and see

Legacy was Axel Alonso's last desperate, thrashing attempt to avoid losing his job. Fresh Start is basically the Rebirth imitation that Legacy should've been.

>multiple man

Thanks

>Wasn't that was Legacy was supposed to be about?
Buyers hated the new legacy characters. So naturally Marvel doubled down with a relaunch called Legacy, convincing themselves they were doing the morally right thing.

Same, I feel like he truly is Marvel's most refreshing writer now that Rosenberg has kind of underperfomed a little

2012 - KSD
2014 - KSD
The Secret Wars mini
2016 - Fazekas & Butters followed by Gage
2016-17 - Stohl
2017 - Stohl with old numbering
2018 - Stohl

Where would Hickman fit into all of this? Fantastic Four once again?

guardians of the galaxy

>announce Slott on IM for about a month now
>keep the book for last
Why is Marvel retarded?

So where are Duggan and Zdarsky?

duggan is doing some image comics now so he might actually be gone, don't think he was exclusive

He's writing the main event. I don't think he's going away anytime soon

That's what they said about Remender, Hickman and basically all of their architects not named Bendis or Aaron.

Pak still on Weapon X I assume?

Oh god I just remembered they're going ahead with the hulkverine book, kill me

What about Miles and Kamala?

Nova Corps by Duggan and Loveless, please

I fucking forgot to include the former

Wow didn't know I wanted this til now. God muh dick is diamonds.

If Loveness' Nova would have not been cancelled past issue 7, it would see a Marvel Legacy renumbering. Sad.

Mikes knocked her up now and neither of their families talk to them. Their depression sapped them of their powers.

>I FUCKING LOVE SCIENCE

>Miles knocked her up now

Does that mean they will call their kid long legs?

Because she is getting a solo after user

A number of these "Fresh Start" books were leaked last summer, when Alonso was still in charge. Spencer on Spider-Man, Coates on Captain America, Aaron on Avengers have all been planned since before Yoshida took over. Don't build up hopes for everything to improve.

>Waid writing Strange

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

Only one I really care about is Immortal Hulk. I might check out Venom because of Cates but I don't give a shit about Eddie or the Symbiot

The are exceptions, but being the lead writer on a big line-wide Marvel event oddly tends to often go hand-in-hand with leaving the company within a year or two.

Same rubbish hack writers who turned everything to shit, now on different titles. "Fresh Start"

Legacy was undoubtedly meant to be a Free Comic Book Day 2018 one-shot, but they pulled it forward and did the renumberings and called it a relaunch.

Hickman legitimately didn't have anything left to do besides those two issues of SHIELD though. He had an amazing run on FF and Avengers, what else was left for him to do besides something like Spider-man (which was locked down by slott anyway).

Can’t wait for Spencer to take over Amazing Spider-Man and Cates and fucking Stegman on Venom, shit is going to be fucking great man!

I'm still flabbergasted over Nick Spencer and Ryan Ottley. Seems like such a perfect fit for Spider-man, I still can't believe it's happening.

I just wonder what Ottley is going to bring to the table, his other works are pretty impressive, but I’m wondering if it works with Spider-Man. Will the sprays of blood be replaced with Web Fluid? Will Invincible have another crossover with Spidey? It’s been a long time since I was really excited about ASM

Also Domino by Gail Simone, which sounds cool until you read Greg Land is on art...fucking hell

He's only doing the cover arts... Right, right?

but why? why wasting your time on that, unless you are an intern / shill?

baldeon is on art

Just the cover of issue 1

thank god

He's not announced for anything yet so no need to celebrate.

Maybe we'll be lucky and he'll be put on Iron man with slott.

>no ongoing Ant-Man comic when his movie comes out
wtf
why can't ant-man catch a break?

yes some more goatse action

No fucking way.

>be Tony
>be a fairly succesful B-Lister
>have a consistent character and motives
>make it big in the movies
>turn into a bit of a caricature, but still, you're A+ now
>years pass
>nearly a decade; you've only had shit writers and artists
>your books are literal gutter trash
>you've turned into le EBIN R*ddit jokey man
>things aren't changing
Being Tony is suffering, in and out of universe. We're talking about the only Big 2 protagonist who's been an alcoholic hobo, losing his company is a staple of every run, and he's been legitimately, and unironically, cucked, multiple times.

>ASM crossover where Mark is disappointed, if not disgusted by how little Pete has grown since they last met

>Oh yeah sure I definitely remember that in the old Bronze and Copper Age comics Carol was always talking about how she "wuvved da science". That was her character, yeah.
So do I since that's straight from the original Ms. Marvel series.

Cause Scott is made for suffering

Wasn't Mar-Vell posing as a scientist too? Wasn't she working with him in a lab ah some point?

She was head of security for NASA. Or at least the Cape.

How many of these won't make it to issue 13?

Black Panther and Doc Strange and maybe Thor, the others are minis so they won’t last

At least two of these, considering they're 5-issue minis.
Oh wait you were being snarky! They're all long term commitments.

I am glad Marcel has returned to announcing that these are indeed minis instead of just cancelling them after 6 books to try and trick you. I prefer 6-12 issue series a lot of times cause i can manage my money a bit better. If i know one is just 6 issues i can grab that even if my pull list is getting big cause it's not something i have to continue with long.

This, I’m much more inclined to buy a comic knowing it has a limited number of issues rather than a massive ongoing like ASM or Batman that never stop printing issues

>never stop printing issues
You don't need to read them all.

That goes without saying, but still something about a nice little six to twelve issue mini just seems more clean than six to twelve issue storyarcs within a flagship comic.

Of course not. But i have no clue how long that writer will stay on. With Runaways and Rogue and Gambit i read the first issue and found it good enough to invest in what they had planned. Runaways was extended to 12 issues and great the first 6 were great. Ongoings are less predictable. And while that works for big names like X-Men and Spider-Man, it doesn't for smaller named heroes that i have to judge on how that first issue is

Has Cates really been doing wonders at Marvel?

Dr strange was amazing and Thanos has been pretty standard but crazy Thanos. He is bringing big ideas and if that is guided well it will remain great.

Yes. His takeover of venom from Mike “Sasuke fucker” Costa is a godsend

>>Cates is already off Doctor Strange
Well, fuck. I'm really liking Damnation.

And isn't Saiz the poser hack that was the main artist on Spencer's nazi-Cap?

>He is bringing big ideas and if that is guided well it will remain great.
For me it's not so much the Big Ideas ( although I loved God Country ); it's the author's voice. He's the opposite of someone like Bendis that's smirky and keeps making "comics, amiright??" asides.

It's like watching one of the better X-Files episodes rather than later seasons of Buffy.

Oh god please no. I like Hickman but that is such a poor fit it's not even funny.

>be a fairly succesful B-Lister
D.
He was a D-lister, C on a good day.

>Being Tony is suffering

No he fucking wasn't. If Iron Man is a D-Lister to you then who the fuck is a B-lister?

Namor

>Fresh start
Yeah, I bet. What number relaunch are we on again? Call me when they actually pull their collective heads out their asses

There is room for drama and big ideas. God Country showed that he can do it well and Dr Strange kept it up. I do hope he isn't ruined by marvel like so many other authors

Still waiting for a new launch in 2019.

>Iron Man (w Dan Slott)

Bendis drove me away and Slott will keep me away

>Ever giving a shit about Ironman
I knew he had like maybe a dozen actual fans before the movie, but I never thought I’d actually see one