Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/98850714/

Other urls found in this thread:

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dark_Hearts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Last time:

-New pics, a lot of new pics
-GG scripts, Silver Queen's origin, Sorority of Sentinels getting art, Jade Empress discussion
-Seasons Girls discussion and a reason why the witch would want the seasons power
-More talk of the Blang Dynasty and the inner workings of that
-Dark Hearts discussion
-The Lovely Ladybug Christmas Special: 2017. Progress was made on it. Pages of that are now being posted on the comic's site
-Did I mention all the new pics? Moira Grimoire, Hummingbird, Skathi, others
-Some new character suggestions
-Other stuff I didn't mention

As an aside, the Silver Queen origin script has been added to the Golden Girl scripts pastebin with the edits and suggestions made from last thread if anyone wants to give that a second go over.

i like masks

I have a feeling this thread will be about masks in a big way.

Well last thread the Dark Hearts and Jade Empress were both getting a lot of discussion.

Last thread was very good for new content. Love the new jade empress art.

Someone should repost the new SoS art, especially the stuff from the very, very end of the thread.

Exactly :)

I gotcha.

Yeah, that was the one posted at or near bump limit.

Thanks.

I think there were like 2-3 more. One that got colored with the fox and the machine gun lady. One that was the Kung fu version of black rose/white ghost. And another that was just the fox and GG. I'd post them myself if I wasn't on a phone.

I've got two of those. Didn't save the Great Glory design because it just looked incredibly bizarre to me.

So now that there's a pretty good selection of designs to choose from, do you think the odds of this getting finished are any better?

Well, it's up to Saburo, but I think we've addressed the issues quite well.

Yeah.

Anyway, as mentioned already, the Silver Queen origin script is in the pastebin with the edits and suggested changes added in if anyone wants to give that another pass while we're still on the subject.

I'll give it a look tomorrow when I have some time.

I did think for the SQ origin script, that the panel for the plane crash should also have some establishing text box that just says "South America." I don't think anywhere in the comic actually says they're in South America.

I'd also say put the year in the same textbox too, but I don't know if we've agreed on an explicit timeline. Sometime between 1937 and 1942 I would imagine.

Based saburo

Against my better judgement, I made this.

That's not Saburo's

On a closer look, you're right. Good art though.

>"Not enough cash, stranger!"

It's true - easily among my top favorite sfw GG pieces too.

The year was debated last thread and said to be "comic time" so it's just as well to leave out the year.

Sarah does mention her Latin American expansion in the panel following that to give indication to their location.

If it needs to be explicitly show then the globe on the previous panel could have an X over where they crashed.

So she's just walks up and awkwardly flips to those pages?

>If it needs to be explicitly show then the globe on the previous panel could have an X over where they crashed.
Perfect.

I didn't quite remember if she explicitly mentions "latin america" expansion, but if she does, then definitely just do an "x" on the previous panel globe. subtle. More show less tell.

>The year was debated last thread and said to be "comic time" so it's just as well to leave out the year.
I agree. The WWII panel near the end of the 3rd page, puts the reader in the semi-amorphous time frame well enough.

It's said in an additional panel suggested when the script was being reviewed.

Ugly

I don't think she's meant to be especially attractive as a design.

>she's supposed to be badly designed!
I didnt know Tumblr was here.

Reposting Jade Empress Spec Sheet with Edits

Jade Empress
Silver Queen's Arch-Nemesis
Primary in-story goal: Absorb the magic from Silver Queen's Bands of Boudica.
Secondary Goals: Maintain her immortality and increase her power / expand her criminal empire.

Character elements:
- Magic consuming vampire
- Chinese mummy + classic horror tropes
- Leader of criminal empire based in China
- "Yellow Peril in the vein of Fu Manchu, Fui Onyui, Egg Fu, etc"
- Minor themes of 1950’s “oriental” exoticism

Character design:
- Clothing: green and purple robes with gold accents
- Hair: white
- build: petite, skinny, even emaciated under robes.
- Height: small (4'11")

Character Traits:
- master tactician
- highly secretive
- craves power in all forms
- reedy cackling laugh
- Chinese accent
- haughty, vain, and highly traditional

Secret Origin: Imperial Chinese concubine.

Mask Name:
- Modern / Chinese name: The Mask of Mazu
- Atlantean Name (from legend, not actual name): Face of the Fall

Mask Characteristics:
- Green colors of different shades with minor engraved embellishments.
- Small in size (made to fit on the face of a young teenaged girl).
- Made of Orichalcum (mythical Atlantean metal)

Mask Abilities:
- Magic absorption (only if wearer is touching the magic-containing object). Absorbed magic is used to create golems and prolong the life of the mask wearer.
- Jade golem creation and control (golems emerge from ground)
- The mask hungers for magic to consume and lets the wearer sense magical objects, but only when they are being used and is particularly sensitive to Atlantean magic.
- Casts a glamour of beauty upon the wearer that obscures their true nature to observers.

>-Seasons Girls discussion and a reason why the witch would want the seasons power

I liked the idea of celtic henna designs.

It made me wonder if it comes from a cross-pollination of Indian culture. Would be an interesting angle to take.

>So she just walks up and awkwardly flips to those pages?

Well, she doesn't have to do it manually, so that's something. Other than that, probably.

I'm just imagining her walking/stalking up to a costumer, silently, then they turn and there's a book in their face that opens on its own and the pages begin auto flipping super fast before landing on "YOU WANNA BUY SOME MAGIC?"

>cut to her cuffed and being put into a police car

>HEY KID TAKE THIS POWDER AND YOU'LL SEE FAIRIES!

>selling candy to trick-or-treat-ers

Is her book written right to left?

I think it's a wand with "Real Magic" tm.

She's selling him a real magic wand.

Yeah, it's supposed to be a real magic wand. A cheap one, though, by the looks of it, so who knows what tiny power that kid now has to take his vengeance.

12 city blocks collateral damage by the end of the night.

Stupid concept.

>Saw a job offering in a regular paper
>"Discover new sights", "Opportunities to travel", "Cutting edge delivery services", "Work under the most pre-eminent historian of our times!"

>Met The Archivist exactly once, for a five-minute interview
>Least favorite delivery is a villain's volcano-base filled with death traps and hellhounds
>Likes spending his free time in arcades. Since he travels so much has become a bit of a connoisseur on them
>Sack refills itself, and he pulls his paycheck out of it every two weeks
>Doesn't know why a cosmic force of the universe still uses paper checks, but isn't gonna question it
>Has a general understanding of where the delivery locations are
>Is pretty sure that asshole requested the paper to be put right on his doorstep so he could watch Sam try to run through his traps and shit

Retarded writing.

So what happens when he has to make a delivery to the demon planes? Does he need to go through the Currier's Guild?

>faggot
>writes awful faggoty stories about characters on his childrens cartoon board
>so ugly he repels his foes and alienates allies, he is alone in his world
>perma-virgin
>usually has the writing level of a teenager who just took a summer descriptive writing course
>is fat/abnormally skinny
>Doesn't realize how unoriginal and samey his drawings are, yet still draws them
>thinks that a dark character wearing bright clothing and vice versa is in any way clever or creative or their ideas usually amount to "ill make a black character and name them (blank) white!" Etc
>didn't finish/ is still in highscool
>is a Tumblr/Reddit/Neofag refugee
>to cowardly to do anything useful with his time

Probably some loose collaboration with them. Courier's Guild has a list of subscribers and the usual delivery dates. Question is if boss imp is less irritated because it's one set of deliveries he doesn't have to deal with, or more because there's this random fuckoff kid running around at the behest of The Archivist doing his own thing

Plus moving laterally doesn't sound like it'd pass through different planes, so he'd have to use their portals to actually get across in the first place

He might see it as someone cutting in on his business, or a business opportunity to branch out to whoever is backing this kid.

Then he gets an order of like a thousand biscuits from Skull King.

Making it around the place at normal speed seems like it'd take a while when you've got deliveries to make. I sure hope The Archivist doesn't mind deliveries taking some extra time.

He can still go laterally in the planes, just can't hop between them, so at least that would help quicken things up a bit

And thus began the Post Office Wars

Why does The Archivist need a paper boy again?

Is it more of a meta thing for her?

To a degree, yes
Essentially, he gets to handle Recaps and Plot Summaries, and few things are as universally ingrained for that as a paperboy shouting "EXTRA EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT" on a street corner.

Or at least that was my idea. Though it'd be a fun thing to have a cosmic paperboy,
but it depends on how well-received he is here

Hmm, sounds more like a physical minion for her for when she gets sick of characters in plots forgetting what they're supposed to do next.

Why the thunder thighs?

Who are these guys, and can we have more of the 3rd one from the left?

Because /aco/ doesn't igive a shit.

Cleaning this up tonight. How am I supposed to fix up/improve CC?

They're some of the Dark Hearts' golems.

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dark_Hearts

The design in is pretty well received. Go with that if you can.

I'm trying to figure out colors for it and if it fits the era. And trying to make sense of the headgear.

Given how Catwoman looked in the 50s, I'd say it fits fine.

Some hexadecimal shit right here

Expanded backstory, huh?

So was she working for Britainment before or after the Seasons Girls were "hired"? I think it was before, and that's what I put down on the time line when figuring that out, but it could be different for all I know.

She's part of the first wave of new recruits where Marian was scrambling to get anyone. She was theoretically already on payroll before even Containment got involved.

...I meant Casey Cosmos, actually.
I forgot we had two CC names.
Last thread there was some discussion on how to make it more space-themed and exotic.

It's Connie Cosmos, actually. No idea why pennicandies got the name wrong, but something more like their design would work fine, with the flowy sleeves and the larger more-glass helmet.

Makes sense. They had probably a year of getting hammered before Sup Forumsntainment got involved.

Exactly, I don't give a shit.

Then take it back to /aco/.

nah

Pennicandies Connie Cosmos design is great.

I wonder how the meetings with Blang and his seven admirals go.

Like who tries to toss insults at whom or who tries to picks a fight with who.
A lot of arguments must break out in their sessions.

Something for me to think about if the thread is still up tomorrow.

>Who tries to pick a fight with who
Lanchabrian. With everyone.

It is but she's got a lot of cranium accessories.

What a bunch of shitty comments. It's like an asshole did a random drive by on the thread.

I like the antennas. Not the most important thing, but I think it makes her look more alien.

I agree. It's just that it's antennas and a helmet and a hood and hair and earrings. I'm having a hard time parsing how they all fit together and wondering if I should streamline at all.

I wonder if the darkheart on the end is a model that can be piloted by multiple users at the same time (hence the fragmented mask).

Megazord-style, or gestalt consciousness style?

It works because it's a single concept image, but it is a lot of accoutrements, and I agree it could be streamlined. I have a soft-spot for golden age helmet antennas though and would hate to see them completely absent.

probably "gestalt consciousness style." It would need to be way more modular looking to justify megazord.

The other idea was that it's an over-clocked / over powered model for whatever reason that is barely containing it's power source.

>that file photo

NEEERRD!

Have we decided if Connie has a "normal" flesh tone or is some alien hue (in the vein of star trek alien girl)?

I've been leaning towards lime green but only because I haven't done enough research into what fits the aesthetic of the time period yet. Martian Manhunter's a lot older than I thought so there's at least some precedence.

the vibe I was thinking was 1950's and earlier alien/space-woman pin up/pulp cover girl. I don't know if there's a consistent aline skin color, but from what I've seen the color is usually a very light shade (of green or blue or pink).

Nice, now I want to see the dark hearts actually do shit instead of stand around looking cool and mysterious in their concept line up.

>oh fuck I remember the Sup Forumsnservatory
>see several characters I created on there
>realize I haven't thought about any of them in years

Well shit.

Never too late to check in again, user. Be sure to look at the new shit, too.

>I'm trying to figure out colors for it and if it fits the era. And trying to make sense of the headgear.
>Have we decided if Connie has a "normal" flesh tone or is some alien hue (in the vein of star trek alien girl)?
Hope this helps.

>antennas and a helmet and a hood and hair and earrings. I'm having a hard time parsing how they all fit together and wondering if I should streamline at all.
>it is a lot of accoutrements, and I agree it could be streamlined.
I'd say the earrings are the most expendable. The head could be a more formfitting cosmonaut deal, if you'd like. The Leia hood might not be the most practical to wear while inside a fishbowl.

The antennae doubles as her princess crown. It's pretty much the one part I'd least like to see changed. But I leave it up to you guys.

Because I'm imagining Blang just rubbing his temples during the meetings.

I probably should. I really did intend to write more stories about Inva but I just sort of forgot. Somewhat nice to see it's all on the wiki though.