So Nickelodeon just posted this to their official youtube

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vlx4RfZ9xK4
youtube.com/watch?v=BZTMv_zBNzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=17o1OlroNSE
youtu.be/Aam4u3oAFUo
youtube.com/watch?v=3_yeLQFJVZ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I know Brianne Drouhard was working on a Nick short, but I had no idea it would feature my waifu.

wow nickelodeon is showing off itself this days

>Harpy Gee thread
oh shit
>Harpy Gee animated short
Bhwoah shiiiiiiiiit

I had no idea this was what BD was working on when she mentioned it on twitter.

HMU with some draw requests and ill try to do them before I go to bed. For old time's sake

when will the vivid/pastel palet colors stop being a trend?
this still looks very cool tho

Oh, good for her for getting an animated short. Just like the comic it looks very good. Although I stopped reading HG in the fair arc because, just like the short, the comic was just not very interesting.

Is this the first instance of a webcomic getting a cartoon? Given how that worked out for One Punch Man in Japan, it's pretty neat that the West is doing the same.

Wonder what other comics will get that treatment. Who would you pick?

>when will the vivid/pastel palet colors stop being a trend?
When people start thinking that Emo is cool again

>Is this the first instance of a webcomic getting a cartoon?
We Bare Bears used to be a webcomic
Same with Axe Cop

youtube.com/watch?v=Vlx4RfZ9xK4

Ah, fair point. I guess I was thinking more long established stuff like Gunnerkrigg, Sluggy Freelance, etc. Though Harpy Gee itself isn't that old.

examples?

Lets hope this doesn´t become a Making Fiends fiasco where the network took all the intelectual properties from the creator and then did nothing with the cartoon. Leaving the original artist legaly incapable to do anything new with her own characters.

That said, I imagine having a long history could be a disadvantage to pitching for a cartoon. Execs probably like being offered premises that can be changed to their needs than a concrete story.

That's probably a fear for the webcomic author too. Imagine signing over your life's work to a company and seeing your characters get gutted and turned into something else.

Oh dear God I hope it doesn't end up like that.
I can't handle that a second time.

The comic will continue to update. According to her the development process was super smooth and her experience helped her to know just what to ask in order to keep the comic going. I think the amount of times she had been burnt in the past and even stuff she saw among peers probably really helped out here in the end.

I still wonder why the fuck they did that?

Was this animated by the guys that did boondocks?

For some reason I got Amethyst Princess of the Gem World vibes from the artstyle.

Same person behind both projects.

(Harpy)Gee whiz I wonder why

Same artist, Brianne's been at it a while. Hopefully she doesn't get screwed over this time.

>make comic based magical girl shorts for one network
>nothing happens
>make OC magical girl webcomic with ideas from the old one
>get another network to make shorts about your OC

Delightfully devilish, Brianne.

youtube.com/watch?v=BZTMv_zBNzQ

Gotta admit I'm loving the whole magical girl boom in the west. Now if we could have a mecha boom to coincide with that I'd be even more pleased.

Fuck off weeb

Good for her.

If you don't like giant robots then fuck you.

>That Humphrey

I'm not digging the voice. The rest seems good.

Now all we need is for someone to pick up Brienne's Princess Amethyst cartoon and we're golden. Though now that Harpy is getting a show it's possible there's no need.

I hope she finally gets a show. She deserves it more than anyone else at the moment.

>Had Amethyst passed on in favor of Steven Universe

It makes no sense to me, but those Ivy league schools rich parents sent current generation suits told them to do shit like that so it must be for money reasons I guess.

It Hurts!!! Every fucking time.

I'm glad Brienne finally got a show on a major network. Good on her. Hopefully we don't get a repeat of Harvey Beaks

Ego. 100% it was some old exec’s passion project that didn’t work out financially, so it got canned, but no one wants to be the guy to tell their boss that their idea fucking sucks so they held on to the rights “just in case”.

we get it. you miss Megas and Symbionic Titan. We all do.

Not a trend. Just a thing.
The Planet Panic was also based on a webcomic

t. Chick

>tfw no biters
It's cool i-i didn't wanna draw for you guys a-anyway...

I just don't know what to request. It's the tyranny of choice over here. Also I thought more people would reply to you.

How about Harpy giddily hugging Pumpkin?

Show could be a hit for active homosexual twinks and the mentally retarded.

Dan Schneider hugging Harpy with an awkward smile

Harpy doing kabedon with Star with her really into it.

Meh.

I can't grew up fond to this tumblr designs. I don't really get that thing for making girls so brown and blue hair and fatty, but all boys look adorable. Isn't that kind of a double standard? Where are the fat brown ugly boys?

This seems like a good place to link this if people haven't seen it yet. An old short with animation / character design by the creator of Harpy Gee.

youtube.com/watch?v=17o1OlroNSE

Motherfucker not everything is tumblr

Sorry, I miss the good ol' days of Amethyst fandom but I never really got into Harpy.

Futa Harpy pissing on Cartoon Network, please.

Harpy and the girl from this being cute together or something

Draw a Harpy tombstone with Harpy's arm bursting out of her grave.

what's better Sup Forums superneon80s/radicalnosenseofcolor90s or that pastel shit?
I really dont mind either way

I always imagined he'd sound more like Razor from the Green Lantern Animated series.

She's not fat, and her hair isn't dyed, it's naturally green.

ANOTHER MAIN FUCKING MAGIC GIRL WITH A FUCKING MAGIC ANIMAL how fucking original

Another one of these shitty quirky magical girl protagonist shows. Enough with the Pro-Female agenda. Star Vs, the upcoming two Disney cartoons and now this? Shit I feel sorry for boys in this generation. Especially since videogames are being ruined by simps and twats.

based

amazing

Well... talking about shorts, this one looks amazing

youtu.be/Aam4u3oAFUo

Humphrey is same voice actor
as Razer from GLTAS...my boy...

I wish the nick shorts all released at the same time this year. trying to have discussions about them when they are randomly released over 6 months is difficult, the threads always fall flat.

shouldnt she be pissing on disney and star

Nice.

She's pissing on CN because they screwed over Brianne and the rest of the people who worked on DC Nation.

Thank you!

Thanks a bunch pal. Are you the same guy who'd draw stuff like Harpy being dragged into the water by a tentacle and futa Harpy? Your art has really improved since then.

Yes.

And I've gotten a lot worse.

harpy smoking ten or so cigars

Also bananaCat catcat turu-rurutu
youtube.com/watch?v=3_yeLQFJVZ0

Nice touch ussing the DarkSouls restored.

Worse song than Space Unicorn, but I'm always a fan of casual murder by volcano.

Harpy's not a magical girl, though. Literally. She's an elf who lost the inherent ability to use magic that all other elves in her world possess.

Don't let one instance of a Magical Girl Transformation (which was really just her and her cat spinning around while her cat puked up the required items) wrongly color your whole view.

He's an outrage fag that gets triggered by female protagonists. Just ignore.

I don't know why anyone would get upset at getting MORE waifu protags.

So how do y'all feel about ogres.

I've heard there's elves here. Requesting this with Harpy.

Too furry for my liking.

Not furry enough for my liking.

No mention of musk or ovipostioners, not interested.

I love Brianne's animation style. Glad to see her get more work with it.

The voices are surprisingly close to what I imagined.

Requesting Harpy as a ratgirl

Yeah she seems pretty savvy about navigating this kind of bullshit.

One lears from their mistakes.

Tibia a cute

Yeah, pretty much. Only person I can think of that got it right the first time was Andy Helms
>who the fuck is Andy Helms

regular show used to be a webcomic

Cute.

Pretty sure something is going on between her and Ash.

Voices and sound mixing were really amateurish, art and animation was pretty good tho.

seconding Harpy as a skaven

Why couldn't the cartoon be more like this

because suits like shitting everything up