Brutally Honest Anonymous Oscar Ballots 2018

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/race/brutally-honest-oscar-ballot-2015-773902
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The animation category is the worst thing every year. There's never a surprise.

the fact that they at least watched them all is a damn miracle.

>BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

>BEST ORIGINAL SONG

>I was so down the middle on this one. “Mystery of Love,” forget about — anything from Call Me by Your Name didn’t really make my list. But the Mudbound song [“Mighty River”] was good. “Stand Up for Something” was actually really good — I love Diane Warren, and Marshall could have been a really great movie, but it was less about [Thurgood] Marshall and more about the attorney that he helped, and it was a little bit like Disney’s version of racism. “This Is Me” from The Greatest Showman — I secretly liked that film, even though I hate circuses, but it was kind of on-the-nose. I saw Coco at an early-morning screening — like, 11 o’clock or something, which is early for me to watch a movie — and I left with that fucking song [“Remember Me”] in my head. I was like, “Oh God, don’t do this to me,” but it was catchy! I’ve gotta think a lot of people were humming that after they saw the movie.

>My Vote: "Remember Me" (Coco)

>MCU a shit
That is correct though

>how to be good to my latino neigbours

How about not helping Disney to exploit their sacred holiday for profit?

Why be an Oscar voter if you care so little about watching the movies

Mexicans exploit their own dumbass holiday all the time.

>Picking that shit over Blade Runner
bring out the guillotine

>perfectly drawn

>these ones are just so perfectly drawn
>drawn
>live action movie

What the hell else is a holiday for, amirite?

Why nominate anime if they have no real chance of winning?

>how to be good to my latino neigbours
....what

>Kong: Skull Island? Bad movie, looked good.
It was an OK movie like Blade Runner. Though I'm sure he didn't like it because he doesn't like monster movies in general most likely.

ANONYMOUS BALLOT # 2
>BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
>I eliminated Logan first because I really hated that movie — I like a good comic book movie, but they made this one so dark that it wasn’t fun. Then Molly’s Game because Aaron Sorkin is so wordy — I wish he would just give his characters a chance to breathe, but I think when he doesn’t know what to do he just overwrites. Mudbound was really good, but it doesn’t deserve to win. Call Me by Your Name was next — he [James Ivory] did write a good screenplay, but I have major issues with the film. I surprised myself by how much I liked The Disaster Artist — I’m not a big fan of James Franco, even before the recent stuff, but I thought he was just terrific, and his movie surprised me so much. It was so funny and, on a certain level, deep and profound. A great adaptation. Who knows what happened with James? I’m kind of sorry that he’s not able to enjoy this moment.

>My Vote: The Disaster Artist

>I eliminated Logan first because I really hated that movie — I like a good comic book movie, but they made this one so dark that it wasn’t fun.

Fun fact: Manga is more than 3/4 of the German comic mkarket
Another Fun Fact: France is the second most important market for Manga

Is this the one that found dunkirk complicated?

THIS IS IT BROS

BASED MARVEL'S FIRST OSCAR

Japan and France have a huge overlap in interests. Namely, underage girls.

I don't want anybody to say you shouldn't care about the oscars, animation is the only industry that gets affected buy them and its the most corrupt entry.

Was this guy beat up by an ape as a kid?

now THIS guy is the true voice of the people

>I didn't mind a lesson about how to be good to my Latino neighbors

What

>Planet of the Apes is going to be snubbed out of best visual effects for the third time

That's a dumb reason not to vote for Coco, but Vincent deserves the win more, so... good...?

>Guardians wins over War

So weebs can shut up about their weebshit not being nominated.

Do they just grab some idiots off the streets to do these? What the hell?

they should throw this out for being GARBAGE

they were so close

Weta outdid themselves in War while Guardians looked like a cartoon most of the time.

I don't know but I suspect s/he is either a rich Ashkenazi Jew or a rich WASP whose only contact with latinos is through the gardeners, cooks and maids s/he employs

>diss Planet of the Apes' visual effects

I did not know I could feel rage like that.

So, if nobody cared for Boss Baby or Ferdinand, WHY THE FUCK DID THEY NOMINATE THEM?!!!

>sacred holiday
I thought it was an American meme holiday like St. Patrick's or even 5 de Mayo, that are just excuses to throw BBQ parties and get drunk

Yes.
Also, racist woman doesn't like to be called a racist.

The effects in the Apes movies are fantastic but the movies are overrated dogshit.

War deserves the win, that's why it won't win. The Oscars are utter garbage.

this bitch better hope we don't find his racist ass

>BEST ORIGINAL SONG

>I liked [Mudbound’s] “Mighty River” and [Call Me by Your Name’s] “Mystery of Love” when I heard them, but I couldn’t really remember them afterwards. I do like [Marshall’s] “Stand Up for Something.” But it was between “Remember Me” from Coco and “This Is Me” from The Greatest Showman. I loved both of those, but ultimately I went for “This Is Me” because it was a catchy song and, honestly, I loved that movie — I know it wasn’t an Oscar movie, but there something wonderful about it. It was such a feel-good movie, and I know people who have been seeing it over and over again.

>My Vote: “This Is Me” (The Greatest Showman)

That's racist

Good thing the award is for VISUAL EFFECTS then.

Because nobody cares about stupid chinese cartoons m8 or at least that is one what of those voters once said about non-American non-CGI animation some that were definitively not anime not even anime-inspired by the way.

BECAUSE FUCK YO LEGO MOVIE BITCH

Huh? Women do like Harley? I thought that was just a meme?

This one is fair.

>Huh? men do like tony montana? I thought that was just a meme?

>his
It's a woman.

Her racist ass.

>I didn’t like the art style in breadwinner
>Loving Vincent had the best looking animation

This doesn’t confirm that they actually watched these movies, just that they saw the trailer and/or poster.

None of the movies in that list are good. This is for visual effects though, pretending like a mcu movie has even decent visual effects is ludicrous.

Kind of like how last year there was a comment “I thought a movie about a zucchini was an interesting idea”

To watch everything EXCEPT animation and comedy.

>Loves personification of animals
>Shrugged at Planet of the Apes

I'm confused by this logic. Because there was a CG raccoon instead of a CG gorilla that he deemed as "same ol' same ol'", he didn't like it?

Talking ape are just talking apes. A humanoid raccoon walks like a human too. That's all i can think of

I guess there could be a joke about how he sees apes walking down the street every day or some racism shit but I'm too tired to make it. Anyway, mcu is a cult.

These are the people in hollywood that make movies. I think this explains why so many movies suck.

This sounds like a Sup Forums shitposter

no woman could ever think like this

maybe if she's been brainwashed by her abusive trailer trash husband

Are you implying is not true?

>>I eliminated Logan first because I really hated that movie — I like a good comic book movie, but they made this one so dark that it wasn’t fun.
NOT EVERY COMIC MOVIE HAS TO BE FUN, WHY IS THIS SO HARD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND!?

Bribes, or as they call them in the business, “for your consideration campaigns.” Sony and Dreamworks handed out the best swag bags and threw the best parties, so their movies got the nomination. Also everyone who works for Sony and Dreamworks and holds a vote probably voted to nominate their own movie automatically. And the ad campaigns keeping the existence of the movies in the voters’ heads probably played a part.

YES IT DOES

They're COMIC book movies

There's nothing wrong with what she said.

>women can't be racist
Nigga wha?

racism is the theme of Get Out and it makes no sense without it

>comics can't be mature and thought provoking

And not all comics are fun and silly. Wolverine i the prime example of that.

If it's Spider-Man, that's one thing. If it's the fucking Punisher, it's another. Critics need to realize not all heroes are fun and games. Batman is not the only dark hero for fuck's sake.

>Sony
You mean Fox/BlueSky?

Mexfag here, he is right, we don't care

It kinda is, most mexicans just get some of the special bread and that's it for the holiday.
Few people actually place altars in their homes but they are nowhere as big as Americans make them look.

Yeah, whichever. Sorry, I guess I didn’t care enough to keep it straight.

Get Out racism subtext was so unsubtle that you’d have to be a retard to not notice it. I think it’s a very overrated movie but to not say there was no “deeper” meaning is dumb

I lived in northern Mexico and Day of the Dead wasn't a thing there until relatively recent.

>Best Visual Effects
>Picking anything other than BR2049
*eye twitch*

user not every Harley for Halloween was a trap

Except that she's just completely wrong, that is, what with Get Out being a movie about racism.

That is how any industry heavily reliant on connections or nepotism ends up sooner or later.

Where do you think the inspiration for racist white women came from in Get Out?

Should a Watchmen adaptation be goofy and fun?

At least she's not saying it's a comedy.

This people are fucking idiots.

It feels like it honestly, has the oscars ever been good?

The Grammy Award ballots are even worse.

One person pretty much admitted almost none of the voters actually listen to anything. They just vote on what artist they actually recognize by name alone. Which is why Metallica wins every time.

I know some people that try to claim that Get Out and IT are comedies. I don’t think they watch a lot of horror or understand the concept of comedic relief.

At least it didn't have the underage train.

Has any media award ever been good?

or maybe like comic book movies they know what a horror movie SHOULD BE

But IT is a comedy.
It has to be because as a horror movie it's some of the worst, cheapest jumpscary garbage since Paranormal Activity 2.

I bet its the same fucking person
>Best Visual Effects
>Voter #1: I don’t think I should be able to vote for this category either, but I can’t resist another opportunity to support Guardians of the Galaxy. It should get something.
>hollywoodreporter.com/race/brutally-honest-oscar-ballot-2015-773902
the oscars is a fucking joke

I mean, in some ways she’s right. But ultimately she seems to have snubbed it out of spite. And it seems odd that she was surprised that later discussions of Get Out might revolve around the subject of racism.

1992 grammy for best alternative album