A Goofy Movie

Unironically: who WAS in the wrong here?

Is it possible for both to have their wrongs and merits in a situation?

Of course not. This is Sup Forums. It’s all someone’s whole, singular fault.

Carry on.

Goofy, for not considering that Max might have had other plans.

Max for not saying he has other plans and lying to Goofy instead of just rolling with it.

Goofy for not reading into the Principal's ridiculous tone of voice that he was blowing this way out of proportion.

Goofy's crime is being stupid.

Max's crime is being an inconsiderate, lying shithead.

Max just wanted to get his dick wet.

It was the 90s, you know how tough it was to get laid, let alone even see a nipple in a pre-internet Goof Troop era.

Goofy already had sex (How I don't know), let Max get his swing on

This entire movie would be over with quicky had goofy actually talked to max before the road trip

>How I don't know
>Implying Goofy wasn't Chad as fuck

Pauly Shore, ALWAYS

>my son respects me
honestly, how much do you think Pete beats his son? there's obviously something going on there.

>It was the 90s, you know how tough it was to get laid
no, tell me

Who was wrong OR who was MORE wrong?

Goofy, erm... goofed at first for not understanding the right circunstances about what was happening and decided the best way to resolve was some father & son bonding (and he kinda nailed, after all).

Max goofed even more because, well, teenagers are excessively dramatic, proud and not open to talk about every problem in their lives. Simply tell his father the truth would spare him of the trip.

On the other hand, it would result in a different set of shenanigans, with Goofy trying to help Max to ask Roxane to a date and screwing everything. It would basically turn into the Totally Goofy Movie plot, but with Max's love life as a subplot.

He still have it.

At that age you don't have to put hands on them any more. Do the damage when they're young and they'll either shoot you or fold whenever you say anything.

Both were wrong in their own ways but Max was the most wrong.

>Goofy already had sex (How I don't know)
Watch the sequel and you'll know.

Both. That's literally the entire reason the story even happens.

>Max for not saying he has other plans
He tried.

>Dad, there's this party that I really have to get to--
>(Goofy lightly taps him on head with map) There'll be plenty of times for parties when you're older, son. Why, I've never even been invited to a party, and lookit me now!
>Great, Dad.

this

The only time max was wrong was when he changed the map.

He was way more wrong in the sequel.

>"Dad a girl invited me to a party"
The context of why this was important is lost completely on Goofy because Max makes it sound less important than what it is. Goofy seemed stoked about that when Max finally told him, when they were floating down a fucking river on top of Goofy's ruined car.

Pete is just like my father so yes, he probably kicks his son’s ass.
Mine slapped me and I had braces on. I was a 14yo girl, :(

>The only time max was wrong was when he changed the map.
Fucking this

neither. This isn't an autistic riddle where one side is automatically incorrect and the other side is for the smart people to choose. The movie was intentionally designed so kids relate to Max while adults relate to Goofy, although neither is fully in the right or wrong.

Eh, my parents beat me and I turned out ok. 25 year old virgin, posting on Sup Forums. Someone kill me...

This . It's not the beatings, it's the threat of punishment and the looming fear that they'll snap if you do something wrong. Depending on what kind of person you are, it might not take much.

Eh, he's probably hate fucking PJ every night because Peg left his ass.

Completely serious though, PJ probably blamed PJ when Peg ended up leaving him, something along the lines of "we were happy before you showed up, you were a mistake".

>Goofy and Sylvia scene
I can't believe i watched that movie and never realized Goofy's chad power.

Neither, that's the point. Max should have been more honest with his Dad, Goofy should have actually talked to his son about the trip.

Is someone gonna post the Disco scene?

Both. Max shouldn't have lied to Roxanne or acted like a high school delinquent and Goofy should have spoken to his son about his behavior in school.
On top of that, Max's principal should have spoken to Goofy in a professional manner, instead of the electric chair bit.

Goofy was being an overbearing parent who couldn't get his head around the idea that when your kids reach a certain age, they're only going to fight harder to get away if you try to keep them close. That's a particular lesson that many first time parents struggle with, especially single dads. It's hard, but when they want to spread their wings, you have to let them. Support them, listen when they want to talk, but don't try to stop them from going or shut them down. They'll only resent you for it later if you do.

Max, for his part, was being a teenager. Yeah, he was wrong to lie to his dad, but he's a fifteen-year-old boy. Kids at that age are already moody and impulsive- throw in the chance to possibly score, and there's really very little they won't say or do.

So yeah, they were both wrong, maybe Goofy a little more so for having been old enough that he should have known better. But honestly, Pete was right- if Goofy were more of an authority figure in Max's life instead of this weird "cool dad" trying to be a friend instead of a parent, he probably would have respected him enough to tell him the truth and avoid this entire mess to begin with.

>Pete was right- if Goofy were more of an authority figure in Max's life instead of this weird "cool dad" trying to be a friend instead of a parent, he probably would have respected him enough to tell him the truth and avoid this entire mess to begin with.
Not that Pete had any actual respect from his son at all.

It's your own fault for exposing your legs like a filthy harlot.

why did your dad slap you when you were 14?

Pete overdid it, but mutual respect is just as important as love in a Father/son relationship.

>he was way more wrong in the sequel.

Seeing how he told his own single parent to get his own life, I kinda wanna kick Max in the balls.

I would but that would require effort. Like you know actually talking to real people in the real world, working out to make yourself actually attractive. You know all about that one don'tcha chief?

There's a difference of being a cool dad, and there's difference of being a douchebag dad and there's a difference of being a fucking strict as fuck dad.

>how much do you think Pete beats his son?
A talented father can beat his children so hard when they are young that they continue to fear him long after their respective paths through age has shifted the power dynamic. Pete hasn't had to actually beat PJ in years.

they were both wrong about certain things, that's the whole point of the scene / song.

Childhood is taking Max's side
Adulthood is realizing Goofy was in the right

>Teens will relate to the teen character
>Adults will relate to the Adult character

No fucking shit.

It's a "both are wrong and right on different matters" story done right, unlike piece of shit pic related

It wasn't about who was wrong, it was about both being unable to see eye to eye with each other and just deciding on their own what the both of them should do.

Its true because theres the one song thats titled Eye to Eye

Max. I mean at that age what kind of plans do you have? You could have skipped them and it would still be okay. For Goofy, he only makes those plans because Max was a piece of shit at school. Goofy literally did nothing wrong.

You can't just decide the things that matter to your kids are unimportant because of their age. Your 2 year old is going to be really fucking attached to their toy, that toy is just plastic and "doesn't matter" but it doesn't mean their feelings don't. They are really, seriously, attached to that toy, and those feelings would be taken into consideration by any caring parent.

Goofy was 100% well intentioned but he railroaded his son without seriously considering what mattered to him, what his son wanted, and what was important to him. Max was sincerely experiencing a crush/love, he was sincerely invested in this concert, those feelings were important and deserved to be considered in Goofy's decisions.

Max was a selfish, short sighted teenager who was learning lessons that were appropriate for his age and trying to establish boundaries as he was becoming an adult.

Goofy knew how to be a parent to a small child, and needed to learn how to be a parent to soon-to-be-adult.

It doesn't matter what Goofy did. Goofy literally cannot be in the wrong. Max, I'll say this again is a piece of shit at school. He is the cause of the problem. Goofy would only be doing wrong if he just let Max do anything he wants. Do you honestly would listen to your smoking, drug addict, murderous son if he say he doesn't want to go out with you on a vacation to attend a "party". Remember, electric chair.

E-electric chair?

>electric chair
Yep, while the Principal was indeed over blowing it, Max did interrupt a school assembly, using school property to do so while swinging for a balcony over a bunch of students that, should the rope had snapped, could have resulted in injuries to both him and the unlucky person he landed on.

Max would have been fine since he's a goofy and can take a lot of slapstick style damage

I know I know, cartoon and all. But for an in-universe, someone could have gotten and hurt which in turn would probably lead to a law suit.