Austria

Tell me about this country.

It seemed like in the 16th and 17th century, Vienna in particular, was the epicenter of culture and wealth and academia.
But now I hear almost nothing of this country. Vienna is a tourist city and Austria is a quasi-slav country now.
What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB2vhKMBjSxOb_127vxjaRRC7yu2TJlJX
youtube.com/watch?v=7jSOzUZ0mms
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Your asshole is a problematic epicenter for your moms dick.

>What went wrong?
WW1

Not constructive.

Explain please?

Just a sideways Peru in the wrong hemisphere.

>What went wrong?
Prussia, Napoleon, reform-averse Kaisers, all sorts of shit that's partially our fault part nobody's.

They make fine motorcycles for discerning hoons

No habsburg ;__;
Also they are pretty good, maybe they should join in with germany again.

Still had a good run though

>What went wrong?
WW1

>Goes to watch Beethoven conduct his own work.
this is where and when I was meant to be born

They kind of started it (Way mroe complex than that)

They lost a 4 vs. World Supersmackdown
Reduced to 20% of size at max.

1945 was time to call it GG and become irrelevant.

2016 They will maybe reclaim their divine right to rule.

But...Austria has some of the highest standards in the world?

It's a shame, we, or at least I, learned a lot about American history and WWII, among other things, but really skimmed over WWI. I'm gonna do some wikipedia reading.

>quasi-slav country now
The early Avar March was a squat paradise, durak.

Yeah, could be worse.
Only if it's under Austrian leadership. Them splintering into a fucktonne of shitty little duchies rather than creating a proper nation is what made their sense of nationalism so fragile and laden with inferiority complexes.

Hitler cucked the complete shit out of it.
The End.

WWI is honestly more interesting, yeah. It was probably one of the last "classic" wars in terms of complexity and motives.

Think that WWI was the first war for any countries that solidified the term "negative victory", the Spanish-American war was the warm-up, though.

>Spanish-American war
Also known as an embarrassment for everyone involved.

>Think that WWI was the first war for any countries that solidified the term "negative victory"
Hmm. I think there's been other ones, though most had that label attached far later.

Nah that was the thirty years war, which honestly should have been dubbed WWI since it involved almost all relevant countries of the time

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War

fpbp

WWI happened

>Every growing alliances
>Entente (France, Russia,Britain) and Central Powers. Some countries switch sides before the war. Why Russia joins France is disputed issue.
>Both sides pump up their military.
>Assesination sparks War between Serbia (russian Protectorate) and Austria
>Germany helps Austria, declares war on Russias Friend France, marches over neutral Belgium, dragging the wholefucking brictish empire into the conflict.
>4 Years of really horrible war later the 4 Central powers are utterly crushed.

I really, really do encourage you to give this channel a chance if you aren't educated on WW1.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB2vhKMBjSxOb_127vxjaRRC7yu2TJlJX

Sorry for the short, memy answers.

The Thirty Years' War is definitely one of the Top 10 Anime Betrayals.

Bound to become.great again.

MAGA
A
G
A

MAKE AUSTRIA GREAT AGAIN

Went to vienna a lot and drove the whole country to the left

Vienna is classy af. Remember some palm trees (wtf). They have the biggest castles. Outside of vienna the whole country is like paradise. Hope they're nut full of refugees after last year.

BRO TIER
R
O

T
I
E
R

>Hope they're nut full of refugees after last year.

Boy, do I have news for you. Please send help.

Austria is genetically the same as it's Slavic neighbours. Vienna has always been Jewish though.

Now its infested with niggers and sand people.

>What went wrong?
The forceful dismanteling of the divine Habsburg Empire left Europe in ashes. The wrong side won WW1, Europe has been USA's bitch ever since 1918.

>Austria is a quasi-slav country now
Not here it's not, burger

ist das der bodensee?

this basically

>check the filename

Beautiful, Austria, southern Germany, and Switzerland should be one country desu.

Rightful german clay.

WWII was WW1-Part 2. They just took a breather in between. No lessons were learned the first time.

Sometimes I dream of union between
>Baden-Württemberg
>Bavaria
>Switzerland
>Austria (minus Burgenland)
>South Tyrol

You were too lazy to google, so you just posted anything, so someone would correct you, you sly bastard.
it's the Traunsee in Gmunden in Upper Austria

Hey OP, apart from Hitler, does our shitty nation even have ONE influential general or commander?

The only guy I can think of are Prinz Eugen (not ethnic Austrian) and Joseph Radetzky (also not ethnic Austrian). Karl Philipp Schwarzenberg is a cuck who accomplished nothing.

Our nation has always been a faggy empire that only managed to expand thanks to marriage and sharing power with Hungary like a true cuck.

Our nation's history began by getting BTFO by the fucking Swiss whose entire country is basically an anti-Austrian alliance/oath, when we tried to conquer them under the Babenbergs

We'd have gotten our ass handed to us TWICE by the Ottomans if it werent for winter the first time, and others coming to help us the second time.

We had Mexico for a while till our guy running it (Maximillan von Mexico) got executed for getting involved with the wrong people there

Our alliance with Spain was ruined because the Spanish heir turned out to be a mentally handicapped infertile autist (Charles II)

we tried to start a colony in India (Andaman islands) and failed when all our sailors died from malaria.

Moving on, Mozart never identified himself as Austrian. He was born in Salzburg that was de-facto independent at the time.

Nikola Tesla was born in our empire but he is also not ethnic Austrian.

We discovered Franz Josefsland but lost it to the Russians

We got Sigmund Freud going for us but his theories have been widely considered nonsense by modern psychologists today. plus he is a Jew.

We got Johann Strauss II and a couple of others like Boltzmann, Ernst Mach, Schwarzschild etc. which is cool I guess.

We got BTFO by fucking tiny ass Serbia after declaring war on them in 1914 and only managed to subdue them much later with German help in the final years of WW1.

So if anything, it is Austria that never did shit that justified its existence on the map of Europe.

Too long; don't redd it

Fuck off republic fag, at least Habsburg Austria formed itself, instead of being forced by the USA like the corrupt republic we have today.
The Austrian Empire had some truly influential and talented people, just look at the Habsburgs themselves. I have to agree that being cucked by Hungary in 1867 was the downfall of the monarchy, but till then they did pretty well, especially culturally. Look at Vienna now, it's a stinking shithole with sandniggers and turks everywhere.

they are weak and angry, they want to dominate europe , they use germans are retarded golem to conquer other countries. they install all kind of puppets to mobilize germans.

they are opposite of netherlands.

>Baden-Württemberg

no kill it with fire, that shit state is the most degenerated in the whole german speaking world

youtube.com/watch?v=7jSOzUZ0mms

yes, :) thank you friend

I spent a few weeks in the area, wonderful really. It was a bit hard because I was always mistaken for a local but my Deutsche isn't very good. I did pick up a Süddeutsch accent though.

Austria is great. I wish the Great War never happened.

I'm Bavarian and we almost have nothing in common with them, but they are an economic, innovative powerhouse with excellent work ethics.

Well I picked up a Syrian accent :^)

too much immigration

You're a cuck projecting your own cuckholdry over the whole country. Kill yourself.

that might be true, but before you invite them they would need to deport all the linken zecken to berlin including their families.

I go to school in Vienna, half my class is slav and a few turks who i dont mind , pretty chill people the only Problem being that they leave trails of sonnenblumenkernschalen everywhere they go

1914-1945 happened

My grandparents were even happy when they died 5 years ago saying they can't take the shame american culture put on us anymore...grandma even suicided due to american influence

every elder person says that you are the niggers that lead to the fall of europe as we know it and deep inside you know that it is true

>grandma even suicided

lmao i wasnt aware this is a YLYL thread

I think you will be fine in the end. The vast majority of people I talked with were quietly against refugees, I'm pulling for you guys.

>ywn have real sonnenblumenbrot again

I wouldn't even be against refugees per se if
>we only took in REAL refugees instead of economic migrants
>it would be absolutely clearly communicated that they would have to return once the crisis is over

Saladin will be your General if you don't get shit strait soon.

>.grandma even suicided due to american influence
Germans are fucked up

>mfw my grandfather still keeps a memorial tablet with all the comrades from his village who he went to war with and the Golden Cross of Honour of the German Mother from his mother among other stuff

The cities are beautiful, the landscape and mountains amazing, the food awesome... but the people are the worst kind of assholes. Trust me, I grew up there.

never again. I will never trust a Prussian traitor.

What? They're awesome, but maybe that's because I'm Bavarian. I feel very close to Austrians, we have a lot in common.
Mimimi.

>it would be absolutely clearly communicated that they would have to return once the crisis is over
>implying the ride ever ends
whew lad

Oh, I forgot. Wars last forever.

Got it.

no, but the crisises and wars in shitholes like africa and in the middle east won't end in our lifetimes

Those losers will claim not to be Germans while they look the same and speak the same language. Cucked beyond repair

I get that, but taking in real refugees would mean cutting the heart out of any future Syria. I think the main problem is that it is just so difficult for them to enter your job market and you give them great gibs so they have no real incentive either.

I'm willing to bet that you will just start quietly deporting them over the next few years. Likely most normies won't even notice.

How is the economy atm?

True, there is an upper limit.

Look, the reason why I am not against refugees per se is you. America.

My grandmother told me stories about how sent food and supplies to Germany so the population wouldn't starve and freeze to death, and that was shortly after American soldiers had to die because they were dragged into a war they didn't start.

And it wasn't just the U.S. government, tens of thousands of private housheolds sent care packages to a country that had killed their sons.

My grandmother never forget that, she had always been very moved and touched by these grand gestures. I might not even be alive today if it hadn't been for America support for Germany after the war.

And everytime I see or read stories about refugees, I can't help but think of her.

kys faggot

>Germany's hat shit talking other countries.

>What? They're awesome, but maybe that's because I'm Bavarian. I feel very close to Austrians, we have a lot in common.

I am Austrian. Bavarians are awesome, Austrians are assholes, the lot of them.

Okay German in denial

we claim not do be German? WE?

Last time a politician got into power who said we are German the EU sanctioned us.

We know we are German but because of political correctness it needs to be paraphrased as "Austria is part of the German language and culture region" Saying we are German is interpreted as "I want the third Reich back"

Tell me about the Austro-Hungarian Empire, why did it fail ? Why Austria is more cucked than Hungarian nowdays ?

Well for one, your country (Austria-Hungary) was the first country to offer civilization, property rights and basic human rights to each person living in it - no matter if it was a Catholic Croat, Orthodox Serb or Muslim Bosniak.

>quasi-slav country now
Burger education and world view here. Austria is literally like germany with a different accent and a few less migrants.

Fuck you, sir