A company in California wants to make a 3d Heathcliff. They're bad news

A company in California wants to make a 3d Heathcliff. They're bad news.

Other urls found in this thread:

foothillentertainment.com
foothillentertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/Heathcliff-Bible-for-Email-Kidscreen-2018.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=H51rU-RYRfM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>The one on the far left
Slow down there Lisa Frank.

He's back??

They need to put in as much of the insanity from Heathcliff's comics as possible

Why even bother? The only reason anyone gives a fuck about heathcliff is wanting to fuck that one girl cat in the cartoon or trying to decipher the esoteric comic strip.

>three things that NEVER happened
wew

Very bad news.

i dont want heathcliff the game, i want Catillac Cats the game.

Story: Animal gangs are tired of being stuck to their districts, they want more! They want to be
roam freely in the other parts in the city and get food and junk there.
Gameplay: It's like taking the turf from San Andreas, except it's not ewith guns but with homemade weapons, no sharp things like knives are allowed, only blunt and shooting things like slingshots.
You have your own gang with skills, you can customize their weapons and armour with the loot won after the fights with other gangs.

Now that's a game i want to see!

Like a year ago there was some weird video of various in-production cartoons, and it had a shot of that Heathcliff there along some other characters (but not those in that picture). There was also this girl, for some reason. I had cropped it for a thread at the time, but I can no longer find the full image. Guess I deleted it. But Heathcliff was doing some kind of half hearted horns with his 4 fingers, making it look stupid.

That particular video was deleted like a day or two after a thread here on Sup Forums caught wind of it. I KNOW I'm not the only one who saw the thread, or the cast picture.

>describe exactly what's seen in the picture.
Jesus Christ I need some caffeine.

Here is the production company and a picture. If that helps.

foothillentertainment.com

Immediately did. In the Programming section, there's a Heathcliff page, and on that page is a link to a show bible. And lo and behold, going through it, there's this girl again. Her name is apparently Marcy.

Here's a link to the PDF if anyone wants. There's quite a bit in there. It's... I hesitate to say interesting. But it's something. Very different from the Heathcliff we're all familiar with.
foothillentertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/Heathcliff-Bible-for-Email-Kidscreen-2018.pdf

I noticed that too.
Been trying to look through it, but my internet is being crappy and loading every image at a snails pace.

some of that sounds a lot closer to some runs of the comics and the cartoon.

Weren’t there blonde kids in the Heathcliff TV cartoon?

Apparently many characters I didn't recognize are actually long-time characters from the comic and cartoons that I've just never seen myself, so yes. The boy is Iggy, Mr. and Mrs. Nutmeg's grandkid, and Marcy is a neighborhood girl who, like described in the pitch bible, apparently appears from time to time to give Heathcliff a ride in her toy stroller, among other things.

I suddenly realize I know a lot less about Heathcliff than I thought I did. Even just looking a little into the comic and the 80s shows, this seems like a modern take on those properties rather than a mess of what I thought were "new" characters. Attempts at making them more interesting than simple observers like they are in the comics. Although I think the gang cats (as individual characters) are new, at least.

On an odd note, a lot of the text fields in the PDF were unedited. They just have Heathcliff's character description as a placeholder, or text from another slide shortly before them. Weird.

Yea and in the comics.

Some of those designs I don't mind really.

Yea Marcy would always spoil and baby Heathcliff much to Iggy's annoyance or something.

The gang looks new but maybe not. Been a long time since the cartoons

Nice update for Pops wearing a orange prison jumpsuit. And the Nutmegs look okay.

Overall I think this actually well thought out.

The gang's all here.

Grandma von Schweetz.

The girl is basically an updated version of Marcy from the comics and cartoon, sometimes she still shows up, case in point.

I was going to make a wet pussy remark, but then I didn't.

GADGET HERE.
WELCOME TO THE MAIN MENU OF THIS DISK.

Wait, these are their take on Mr. and Mrs. Nutmeg?

Would appear so, yes. I don't know why Mrs. Nutmeg had to lose 3 and half feet, but I kinda dig Mr. Nutmeg's look.

Heathcliff is to Garfield what Hydrox is to Oreo.

I want to fuck Sonja

Okay.

catillac cats reference on the can is kinda nice

oh.

It's kinda weird but on the other hand if you assume that Mr. Nutmeg is in his 60s in the present day, he would've been born in the 1950's.

More images.

simon/conoghi fuel

Those are... really weird takes on Mr. and Mrs. Nutmeg.

>Maxi Cat
>Renzo
>Jay-Jay
I guess they needed to give some personalities to Heathcliff's cat gang since in the comics they're just a bunch of generic cats that follow him around. Same with giving the rat a name.

She's so angry....

Holy shit, Poppa Heathcliff and the Fish Salesman are also here. The OP image made me think this was just going to be Heathcliff in name only, but this is actually looking fairly faithful all things considered.

Was his name always Schultz?
Is it a reference to Charles Schulz?

As far as I've been able to find, yes, he was always Mr. Schultz. Though he's much fatter, is blond, and has a bushy mustache in the comic. The redesign probably helps him seem more like an antagonist (despite the fact that, y
know, Heathcliff is literally stealing his fish).

youtube.com/watch?v=H51rU-RYRfM

So, is this actually happening or is just for pitch purposes?

Their site labels the show as "in development," so possibly? Could just be optimistic wording on their part, though.

Reminds me of Wallace and Gromit for some reason.

Yeah, I can see it.

C-Calarts?

I remember it. It came up, because I think it was in the same reel as that god-awful looking Megaman from Man of Action.

>no garbage ape
literally missing the only reason I'd watch it.

I don't remember any of this.

For some odd reason, seeing Heathcliff with this bad ass twist of a design, I'm kinda reminded of this...

>that pose
>that lip bite
>overalls falling off the shoulder
I'm calling the cops.

or anyone really
personally i prefer padoga

>The first 4 cats have the same description
Huh that's weird I-
>Nutmegs have Sonja's description
>Sonja's description is below ALL of these
Furry Wario

>he's bad news
>she's bad luck
pure pottery

Shadman?

>runny mascara
muh dic

Girl in the animal hat next to those rat fags gets me rock hard. Where's she from?

The text is just filler. It's probably a design test or something.

people actually know this on Sup Forums, thats a surprise

Dudes a dilf, i do like grandmas look

It's going to be Talking Tom levels of bad.

Well, at least it won't be as bland as that 3D Garfield show.

reverse achievement?

but i enjoy that

one last bump

seconding this post