Any reason why walmart and retailers are selling black panther toys? Why does a c-list hero have their own toy line up?

Any reason why walmart and retailers are selling black panther toys? Why does a c-list hero have their own toy line up?

Do you live under a rock?

I just came back from vacation

He has a new movie out. And it's been killing it in the box office.

How long has your vacation been? A full year in the middle of nowhere?

I was in thailand, I was working 80 hours a week for an IPO. So really no time to keep up with current events.

>why are retailers selling toys of the new big Marvel movie?

>C-list
Literally the new Iron Man.

Well there's a movie out so there you go.
Also it made world records and shit.

>80 hours a week

Oh so slave labor, makes sense now.

God hes so hot

regardless of bait, I don't think he's ever been C-list

The movie was released in Thailand and preformed quite well there for an overseas release.

This whole thing looks like cringey samefagging

The list of crazy shit Black Panther has done could match any A-list hero

>Any reason why walmart and retailers are selling black panther toys?

kek, i was just in walmart (chile), not a single toy, they are also selling star wars figures for $2, you can guess the sex of the figures that are that cheap.

Riiiiiiight. Neither was Iron Man. Or Thor. Or Guardian of the Galaxy.

Wasnt it retconned that surfer let himself be tied on purpose

Obviously a part liberal conspiracy to brainwash the children into BLM agenda

Definitely not because of the super successful action movie for children that just came out

It wasn’t a retcon. People were too stupid to understand what was happening that the writer himself had to come out and say Surfer was purposely not fighting and goading Black Panther because he wanted to know F4 whereabouts. He blasts him in the next page when Black Panther wouldn’t slip up.

No wonder writers these days have to directly tell people in retarded narration boxes on what is happening because apparently people are too dumb to figure it out themselves.

I think people wanted to assume that BP, canonically one of the smartest dudes on Earth, wouldn't be stupid enough to try and armlock the fucking Silver Surfer

Which is exactly why Surfer let him talk because he also thought he would give him F4 information in his moment of madness.

If Marvel's A-list is Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic Four, then Iron Man, Thor, and the Avengers have been B-list since their inception.

Guardians are a bit trickier. The original team had semi-regular appearances throughout the 70s and 80s and a fairly lengthy ongoing in the 90s. That puts them around the same league as Quasar so C-List at the max, maybe D-list.

As for the individual members of the modern team, Drax and Gamora are Warlock/Thanos supporting characters, so I'd say they were solidly C-list. The Infinity events, especially Gauntlet, were a fairly big deal and Infinity Watch had a decent run (though amusingly not as long as Valentino/Gallagher's GOTG).

Star-Lord, Rocket, and Groot were bottom-tier before Giffen/DnA brought them back. Less than 30 appearances for them together. Definitely Z-list or whatever you want to call it.

Marvel's A-List pre-MCU was Spidey, Wolverine and maybe you could stretch Hulk in there, that's it.

Who is a B lister.

Only Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Spiderman and Wolverine are A listers.

In my heart, at least, fuck the MCU

*sigh* (you)

The nineties are over brainlet. It's not even mid 2000's anymore. Ironman, Captain America and Black Panther are now more famous than them.

Don't be so sure.

Okay I get the argument for Hulk given that he had a TV show but I don't think it's fair to knock out the FF altogether. They've been consistently high sellers for decades with multiple cartoons and are fairly well-known in pop culture.

Also I think it's fair to say Wolverine (and the X-Men). Wolverine is obviously the most popular but the team itself, as a whole (not individual members) ain't far enough behind to lapse into B-list.

They've continually pushed black panther to the front, despite the largest public purchasing group not embracing him, since the early 90s. The original fantastic four tv animated series featured black panther repeatedly, he was featured in civil war, and he was shoe-horned into the movie canon. He is being pushed because marvel and the hollywood folks want to push a black superhero and virtue signal how they are sooooooo tolerant and diverse. For any other hero, the fact the public at large didn't show an interest would send the character to the back of the line, joining such characters as Jubilee and the Chameleon as known but minimally used characters.

You're comparing Black Panther to Iron Man? That's a potato claim for the comics and the movies

Perfect example of Marvel trying to shoehorn a character the public just doesn't embrace. A black dude with bullet proof armor and enhanced strength arm twists the Power Cosmic? Whatever, nigga.

>shoe-horned into the movie canon
oh yeah because black panther is soooo inconsequential compared to the other big names who are getting movies such as doctor strange and scott lang's ant-man

Questionable that it was that popular. Disney controls so much marketing and distribution these days, they can have one decent opening weekend and make back their production costs. Then its all profit from there.

You Silver Surfer is really into bondage and rough shit

Exactly, he is inconsequential compared to those characters in the comics and every adaptation up through now. And if you think this movie's hyper promotions and praise have nothing to do with race, just try being white and saying the movie sucked. Watch what happens.

but the movie didnt suck

White guy here
Expressed criticisms about the movie to my friends, most of whom are some shade of brown
A lot of them agreed with me

>The original fantastic four tv animated series featured black panther repeatedly,
By repeatedly you mean one episode

>just try being white and saying the movie sucked. Watch what happens.
Nothing will happen because you are a nobody.

I just noticed there is only one character in the Avengers cartoon with no scheduled movie or serial appearance.
Kamala. Which begs the question what got her on the team. She's not a viewpoint or a comic relief, she doesn’t have powers they needed for the story and she has no movie to promote.
So is it just positive reception of her being the last warm response Marvel got from fans, or is she coming in Phase 4 and they need to get the word out early to elevate her into the public perception?

Nah, Batman is still the big guy in 2010s

Even adjusting for inflation he's only bigger than Cpt A box office

Iron and Black are ahead

I’d be fine with this since Iron Man is boring as fuck